Dead Admin
    Default Avatar
    DAVE’S PICKS 2024 SUBSCRIPTION BENEFITS

• Four Limited Edition, Numbered Releases
    • Highly Collectible Bonus Disc
    • Free Domestic Shipping
    • Delivered Throughout The Year
    • Early Bird Pricing - $99.98
    • A minimum savings of $39.00 over purchasing a la carte.

EARLY BIRD PRICING ENDS WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15 AT 9:00 PM PT.

------

Here we are, entering our lucky number 13th year of the Dave's Picks series, and once again, I mean it when I say it feels like we're just getting started. Back in mid-2011 when Mark Pinkus and Doran Tyson approached me with the idea of a new archival series to be called Dave's Picks, I was thrilled, humbled, and above all honoured for this ultimate sign of trust, faith, and respect. Never did I think the series would be going for a baker's dozen of years, with many more on the horizon. Our aim remains exactly the same as it was in 2012 when the Dave's Picks series started: bring you A+ complete Grateful Dead shows, sounding better than ever, beautifully packaged, four times per year. A series that began with 12,000 units of each volume is now at 25,000 and sometimes that might not even be enough, and this is a testament to Rhino never veering off the path of its vision to treat Dead Heads with respect and caring. Everything we release, just as everything we do as it relates to the Grateful Dead's legacy, begins with the question, "is this cool? Is this something I'd like?"

To our subscribers, we really couldn't do this without you. You give us the faith that we're on the right track, trusting us to fill your mailbox with the goods four times per year. We put a tremendous amount of work into the subscribers' exclusive Bonus Disc that comes with the second volume every year, and that's to say thank you for joining us on this journey that doesn't have a specific destination. Speaking of the Bonus Disc, wait until you see what we have planned for the extra CD that will come to you along with Volume 50. Were I a younger fellow, I'd insert the "mind-blown" emoji here. Suffice it to say, we think it will blow your mind. After a year of tremendous variety with 2023's four offerings from 1977 (two complete shows!), 1972 (Keith and Donna!), 1979 (Brent!), and 1971 (Keith, with Pigpen on hiatus!), we are already planning a wild ride in 2024, starting with a 4-CD mega set featuring TWO complete shows from April 27 and 28, 1985, at the Frost. And Vol. 50? An upper-tier Dead show that's been on our release list for many years. The time is perfect for this show (shows...?) to be the one celebrating big number 50. So, thanks for coming along for another year. We really appreciate it and won't let you down.

David Lemieux
    September 2023

Another year of complete previously unreleased live Grateful Dead shows? Yes, please! By now we’re certain you know that a subscription is your best bet for getting each of the four numbered, limited-edition releases (now totaling a minimum of 13 CDs), delivered to your door quarterly. You’ll also get the subscription exclusive bonus disc, which remains one of the most highly sought-after collectables we release, and free U.S. shipping. Subscriber bonus discs are not released outside of this offer. As always, early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $119.92).

Dave's Picks 2024 will be capped at 25,000 copies of each release. Your best bet is to subscribe, sit back, and relax all year long!

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • uncle_tripel

...graphics for Dave's Vol. #50
    GREAT job!

uncle_tripel

• uncle_tripel

... my own questions lol; recent on-line research gave me some insight, and info regarding the lack of representation of particular years in the daP series.

Here are some words from Light Into Ashes (feb. 2011) quoting Mr. Lemieux "If we had Betty Boards, if we had reel-to-reel properly [mixed] tapes of every show in the ‘80s, believe me, we would be seeing a lot more ‘80s releases.” AND “There have been a lot of requests for 1984-88 DPs. Many don’t realize that those years have atrocious sound quality.”

Also quoting Mr. Norman, “If they’re PA tapes, right off the soundboard, they may not be a good, representative mix for a CD. What could happen is that Phil or Bobby might be very loud onstage; then whoever was mixing for the house wouldn’t [put] much of that bandmember in the mix; it wouldn’t be necessary… Unfortunately, the tape made from that board mix would be lacking. But yeah, there’s lots of stuff missing from the ‘80s.”

This last comment may explain some of that so-called echo / reverb we can faintly hear in 1985 tapes.

LOVE ALL the HARD WORK this TEAM PERFORMS!
    YOU ALL are truly the SMILE MAKERS!

peace all!
    uncle_tripel

• uncle_tripel

...to THINKIN' yesterday about how EXCITING the sonic travels of the 36 DiP's & 50 DaP's releases have been SO FAR. In August this year, DaP begins #51 onwards to #100... anyway the years that have been largely FOCUSED
    upon include:
    '74 & '77 (7 each year)
    '73 (5 for this year)
    '71 & '72 & '78 (4 for each year)
    '69 & '76 (3 each year)

QUESTION: will there be DaP 2-track recordings released featuring the years of '68, '75, '82, '86, '88, '89, '91 thru '95 ?
    could it be some of these years ONLY have MULTI-track recordings and don't qualify for a DaP release?

anyone care to comment with insight or opinion?

So you know I've been a soldier in the armies of the night, & I'll find the fatal error in what's otherwise ALL RIGHT.
    Something shines around you that seems, to my DELIGHT...
    ...just a little light.

• Obeah

Oh wow, I just came across Elliott Peck's statement. Wishing her and her family much patience and peace.

As someone who had major abdominal surgery five summers ago, I was blessed to have two capable surgeons and an amazing crew of nurses who took care of me while I was on the post-surgical ward for nearly a week afterwards. And with a no-bend, no-lift restriction, I was basically helpless for another month after that. So although it was very humbling, I was always aware of how very fortunate I was. I recovered in full, and all of my awful stomach/digestive woes have been a thing of the past ever since. So Elliott, I doubt you'll see this, but if you do please allow me to wish you a successful procedure(s) and a speedy and complete recovery.

• uncle_tripel

...(201)-777-8653 was the grateful dead hotline and how us East Coast HEADS "stay(ed) in touch", phone re-dial was REQUIRED lol; today we have dead.net. what WILL we DO in 2039...?

peace all!
    uncle_tripel

• 1stshow70878

I do that all the time with those two names. I call it Anheuser's disease instead of Alzheimer's since I was born in STL. Thanks Gerd. Will correct. Howdy back at ya!
    Cheers

• gratefulgerd

1stshow,
    are you sure it's Marty Robbins who owns/owned the CW B-Bender?
    Or is it Marty Stewart who bought it from CW's family?

I'm a huge GP and Byrds fan too.

Greetings to CO!
    G.

• TN John

Just announced she has a tumor in her abdomen that will require a complex surgery.
    Positive vibes for her!
    Peace

• 1stshow70878

Tragedy seems to follow the famous. Clarence and his brother killed by a drunk driver while loading up their gear after a gig I think it said. I gotta get some Clarence White. Marty Robbins (OOPS, Stewart) owns the "B- bender" strat and Tony Rice had his modified Martin D-28 acoustic.
    Cheers

• Colin Gould

Great player. He was the person being referenced by Gram Parsons in the second verse of the track ‘In My Hour of Darkness’ on ‘Grievous Angel’.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

3 years

DAVE’S PICKS 2024 SUBSCRIPTION BENEFITS

• Four Limited Edition, Numbered Releases
• Highly Collectible Bonus Disc
• Free Domestic Shipping
• Delivered Throughout The Year
• Early Bird Pricing - $99.98
• A minimum savings of $39.00 over purchasing a la carte.

EARLY BIRD PRICING ENDS WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15 AT 9:00 PM PT.

------

Here we are, entering our lucky number 13th year of the Dave's Picks series, and once again, I mean it when I say it feels like we're just getting started. Back in mid-2011 when Mark Pinkus and Doran Tyson approached me with the idea of a new archival series to be called Dave's Picks, I was thrilled, humbled, and above all honoured for this ultimate sign of trust, faith, and respect. Never did I think the series would be going for a baker's dozen of years, with many more on the horizon. Our aim remains exactly the same as it was in 2012 when the Dave's Picks series started: bring you A+ complete Grateful Dead shows, sounding better than ever, beautifully packaged, four times per year. A series that began with 12,000 units of each volume is now at 25,000 and sometimes that might not even be enough, and this is a testament to Rhino never veering off the path of its vision to treat Dead Heads with respect and caring. Everything we release, just as everything we do as it relates to the Grateful Dead's legacy, begins with the question, "is this cool? Is this something I'd like?"

To our subscribers, we really couldn't do this without you. You give us the faith that we're on the right track, trusting us to fill your mailbox with the goods four times per year. We put a tremendous amount of work into the subscribers' exclusive Bonus Disc that comes with the second volume every year, and that's to say thank you for joining us on this journey that doesn't have a specific destination. Speaking of the Bonus Disc, wait until you see what we have planned for the extra CD that will come to you along with Volume 50. Were I a younger fellow, I'd insert the "mind-blown" emoji here. Suffice it to say, we think it will blow your mind. After a year of tremendous variety with 2023's four offerings from 1977 (two complete shows!), 1972 (Keith and Donna!), 1979 (Brent!), and 1971 (Keith, with Pigpen on hiatus!), we are already planning a wild ride in 2024, starting with a 4-CD mega set featuring TWO complete shows from April 27 and 28, 1985, at the Frost. And Vol. 50? An upper-tier Dead show that's been on our release list for many years. The time is perfect for this show (shows...?) to be the one celebrating big number 50. So, thanks for coming along for another year. We really appreciate it and won't let you down.

David Lemieux
September 2023

Another year of complete previously unreleased live Grateful Dead shows? Yes, please! By now we’re certain you know that a subscription is your best bet for getting each of the four numbered, limited-edition releases (now totaling a minimum of 13 CDs), delivered to your door quarterly. You’ll also get the subscription exclusive bonus disc, which remains one of the most highly sought-after collectables we release, and free U.S. shipping. Subscriber bonus discs are not released outside of this offer. As always, early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $119.92).

Dave's Picks 2024 will be capped at 25,000 copies of each release. Your best bet is to subscribe, sit back, and relax all year long!

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

DaveRock was dead-on (pun intended) with the cult comment!
Most of us agree that it was more the build up of expectations as to what 50 would be, some really interesting speculation, and maybe that’s on us - all good things in all good time. Dave seems stoked for releasing lots more music, there is bound to be lots more great stuff coming. Maybe the secret with 50 is to not play it right away - save it for that day in March or June when only 1977 will do. Bam!!
Proudfoot - Don’t hold out for long - your wit and humor always makes me laugh.
Oro - Good to see your note, I hope all is great. You are the Oro in Col-Oro-ado. ;)

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by That Mike

Hendrix Freak said - "Here's hoping that #50 will please the mythical "everyone."

and i laughed when I read that cause that's a pipe dream in Dead world. for sure it's a great concept, but still a pipe dream. dead heads are "all over" the place

and i laughed even harder when that email hit the inbox and i opened it before most everybody here and saw it was May '77

Cue both shouts of joy and the weeping and gnashing of teeth

Like I said "Not on my bingo card"!! I gave up a long long time ago thinking I had a clue what Dave L might release. Love all the speculation, lots of it well founded and I'm all for any of those shows to be released. I was sure it would be something '68 - '70. Wrong again.

It's all good in the end when it comes to shows being released!!

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by bluecrow

I don’t have a complete 5-3-77, and my Miller copy of 5-4-77 has a lot of AUD splices, so these are upgrades, though unfortunate that 5-4 will be a chop job.

I’m grateful for all releases, and want them to keep coming.
But yeah, lots of hype. Though it’s good to have such an enthusiastic person in charge of the Vault.

I don’t need to know in advance what each release will be, I will keep subscribing early bird because it’s an excellent Deal, and so far every release has sounded better than what I already had or has been something that I didn’t already have.

DaP 51 Pigpen - I’ll take anything
DaP 52 Bruce - 10-31-91 please
2024 Box - Plangentized/Normanized complete “The Last Ones” Oct ‘74 with video
Mars Hotel 50th bonus disc - the highlights from Reno

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

...who wanted 5/4/77 released before I die 😀. The Comes a Time has Jerry playing a solo that is to me as emotional and perfect as anything he ever played.

I get why some feel this doesn't match the hype, but no disappointment here...

user picture

Member for

7 years 3 months

Well I must say, if there was a way to get me hyped up for 5/4/77, the Comes a Time would be a good way. I absolutely LOVE that song. First parking lot shirt I ever bought had a melting polychromatic heart with "Only Love Can Phil" written beneath it. I've heard that this show has a legendary Comes a Time, and that description really made me sort of sit up straight. So thank you kindly, Claney, nice to meetcha and I'm really glad to have found the person who wanted 5/4/77 to come out before shuffling off this mortal coil!

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by Obeah

I've just tried to send you a pm - but was hey now'd again. I'll have another go later.

Mr Ones - you're probably right. For some reason, I am reminded of a story one of my friends told me earlier this week. I'm definitely not having a go at anyone here, writing this. Anyway - she said she went to church recently, and she described the vicar as a depressed, deeply worried looking man. As part of his sermon, his voice boomed out with "I wish everybody could feel the joy that I do!" Probably not a Deadhead. I guess the moral is that it's what we are that counts, not what we say we are.
Come on......"hey now!"

user picture

Member for

7 months

if you are interested; angelfire fl goodbear healy-interview; puts the spotlight on several very interesting topics

Peace All!

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Obeah

...for the announcement of 5/4/77 to bring me out of Deadnet hibernation. Nice to meet you too Obeah! I look forward to hearing what you think of this second set, when the time comes.

To quote Eric Wybenga: "The Dead take particular care in constructing the bridge from Comes a Time back into Playin', producing a work of painstaking craftsmanship that is marvelous to behold. It's this Playing > Comes a Time sandwich that distinguishes this set from, and places it on par with, the shows that follow."

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

Alaska ‘80 would make a fine 51, 52.
“Try NOT to smoke in the Auditorium”

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

It's gotten to the point where I have no idea why this web application thinks I am posting inappropriate material. I just wrote a bunch of stuff I can't post. Good day all.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by claney

I really like to spin Disc 3 from May 12 '77 - Set II sequence of Terrapin > Playing > Drums > Not Fade Away > Comes A Time > Playing. Fine night time long distance drive music. Been awhile since I've listened to Buffalo May 9.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Good suggestion.
Digging out that bonus disc now.
Cheers

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by KeithFan2112

Keithfan - I don't think it has anything to do with the content of a post when we get blocked. It seems to me that the shorter the post the more likely it is to get through. Even if you are off topic. If you go on for a few paragraphs about a Dead show - you've got no chance.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

2 years 3 months

In reply to by That Mike

Alaska 1980 NEEDS TO BE a box set of some sort. Just too much goodness up there to pick a single show. My bank account would not mind a slimmer box set in 2024. Hah. Happy holidays you freaks.

user picture

Member for

9 years 11 months

I'm excited to hear these shows — new to my ears. Instead of piecing out 5/4/77, why not release both shows in their entirety the way they're doing with the two Frost shows? I'm reading in different posts that 5/4 might be incomplete? Too many splices? Either way, all this music together will be grand. Still hoping to finally get the official release for the Harding Theater shows from November 6th and 7th, 1971. Do the rights belong to the radio station that broadcast the shows? Was it KSAN? No matter what, Grateful. Thank you for a real good time! Happy Holidays!!!

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

The Miller copy I have has a lot of AUD splices, so if there are a lot of gaps in the Vault SBD then releasing a chop job would be warranted.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

Tic toc, times running out.
Theoretically there might only be say 10 more boxes, Finito!
Unfortunately, their not going to do this forever….
So do we really want to “waste” one on more small boxes?
For example, as much as I LOVE!!! my WL 73 box (thanks again you know who ; ) wouldn’t it have been better if it was a big fall 73 instead?
No offense intended, but is it that much of a stretch to do say $180 or whatever for a Listen to the River, versus $65 for 2 show JFK. I dunno bout you, but I’d scrape up beer can recycle money or whatnot in order to get 7 shows over just 2 or 3, but hey, that’s just me. Again, no offense intended, just a thought…
Though the Alaska shows would make a nice “little” box…guess that’s the conundrum?

Edit: or they could stop slacking ; ) and step it up with more than one a year, especially if they release any small ones.
Yes, I’m greedy! Lol

Oro - Totally agree on multiple boxes per year, especially suited to when the band did a three night run in such and such. Release them alternate to the DaP series releases, so as not to impact sales of those. I know a heck of a lot of work goes into these boxes - the quality is generally impeccable, including art work etc - but small boxes (like Alaska) would be just great. Boxes are catnip here, and I’d be surprised if limited edition speciality runs did not sell out fast.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

hey now bummer

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by itsburnsy

It might not be a popular idea, but I wondered if they could do away with the artwork - and the hardback books etc and just produce a couple of slimmed down boxes a year. Slimmed down in terms of physical size, I mean. I only really read the books once, and although the art work is nice...to me it's not really necessary. It would be different if they'd only released 1 or 2 boxes, but when they release them every year and have done for a while, the packaging seems a bit over indulgent.
Bit long this post...hey now?

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

Thanks Uncle Tripe for the heads up on the interesting Healy interview. He sure can ramble!

Seriously, folks, by this time we know that Dave gets excited every time there's a new release, and every time he hypes the release in his videos. I feel like it's part of his charm. Don't we all take his pitch with a grain of salt?

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

"He will be sorely missed." Merl Saunders laments his Dinosaur band mate, John Cipollina who passed away a few weeks before this interview.

World Premier of " Backstage With Merl Saunders 1989". Produced for Dead Head TV but not released until now.

Go to dreamswedreamed dot com or dreamswedreamed channel on YT.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Before I was so rudely hey now’d.
June 77, November 73, RFK 89 are examples.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Dave/Rhino need to pick up the pace of releases.
We’re not getting any younger.
Smaller Boxes allow more eras to be represented, which will please more people because of the variety.
Just grab the era you like .
I’ll grab them all.

user picture

Member for

10 years 3 months

1 larger, 4-5 shows with book and trinkets like tickets/passes, 1 smaller 2-3 shows with booklet with alternating eras each year, like 60s for big box, then 90s small box, then 80s big box, 70s small box, etc. I miss the trinkets and hate the laser-cut packaging that is designed for Grammys, not practical storage. I love the books, usually. Typically read them just as it comes out, then a few years later while revisiting the box, if it was a good book. PacNW is one of my favorite boxes, least favorite books. Spring 90 TOO had a fantastic book. Loved Listen to the River packaging, but left with booklet instead of book for a nice possible deeper dive into the Dead and St Louis, city of blues. (There have been a TON of St Louis shows released) One reason I pine for the steamer trunk is the Europe '72 book. But for a 2-3 show set, a thick booklet would be great.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Trying to express agreement with ICECRMCNKD, getting the shit hey now'd outta me

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by claney

I'm all for it! I don't need another full spring 77 first set, but I do need an upgraded second set, possibly my favorite second set of the tour. Yup I said it. I miss some of the good old chop job days. After all DP12 is my all time fave release

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I like the pick, '77 always good by me. This SBD never circulated as far as I know either, so nothing better than hearing a show for the 1st time.
Also, the bonus disc looks excellent. There hasn't been a good bonus disc since DaP 18. Nothing but filler and stupid Bob cowboy songs, garbage

user picture

Member for

2 years 9 months

Great idea. Mini Boxes with a simple design, identical footprint for releases, would be.. just exactly perfect. As for design, Cds shouldnt be married to convoluted packaging (see get shown the light). Any scwag should stand alone as a useful fun bonus (think small frameable prints, magnets, or coasters, a small book maybe) In short, practical design. It about the music, after all. And, of course, I will continue to hope for a Europe 81 release, given my pet unconfirmed theory about those old unlistenable cassette sbds being partial multitracks. One can only hope..

It seems whenever I write about The Dead I get hey now'd. I'll bet you a tenner this nonsense gets through.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by wissinomingdeadhead

Name that quote and you will receive divine consciousness upon your death!
Bet Conekid knows it!

But, hey thanks Wissonoming for pointing out that Pinkus video.
First show 7/13/84! WTF, beak it out boss, nobody will think poorly of ya, just do it!
Hell yer the boss, who cares if any one doesn’t like it (which being DHs someone will lol) if anyone can/should release their first show, it’d be you lol ; )
Then, perhaps you get to my first show lol

user picture

Member for

3 years 2 months

In reply to by claney

Ya know, DP~18 was a fine blended chop I must say. For many years as a youngster I wasn't aware of the chops, like your favorite Dick's Pick (Though another great blended chop) and it wasn't till the web sites that I could research tours and shows like I do now. I wasn't hip to the insider scene back in the tape trader days but anyways. As for Dave choppin' I trust his judgement, though these are mostly supposed to be FULL shows. Gotta say I don't mind a little filler either. Classic example was DaP~37 and the Pittsburgh filler with that classic Scarlett Begonias~-> >Dancin' Streets! To me that was like "Chop Wow" now.
A hybrid of the "Slap Chop" & "ShamWow" or something stoney. Also that 2021 (DaP38) was a solid bonus disc!
So if 5/4/77 is a chop? Well that's some Grade-A Primo cuts straight outta the walk-in (Vault) for my taste!

That would be from the Big Salad episode from Seinfeld.

When the dry cleaner gets killed by Kramer's golfing buddy.

user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

Due to familial bank account, I don't pick up all the boxed sets-- that includes me skipping both spring 1977 boxes (I have most of the music). I get the annual subscription and get select boxes when I can't pass it up. So, more spring 1977 is OK in my book and these shows look spectacular, including some SBD that has not seen the light of day. The bonus disc has me drooling, honestly-- looks like an incredible jam from an incredible tour.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by estimated-eyes

Doesn't seem like such a bad choice now the dust has settled and a few people have posted on here about looking forward to it. Memory of the hype is fading a bit now, too. I still won't subscribe, but I think I'll get the actual pick.

Great Dave's of the past - number 5 - 11/17/73. Great jam - Playing-UJB-Dew-UJB-Playing. Nice Stella Blue coming after, too.

user picture

Member for

7 months

...about the BIG 50

and so looking forward…

…that Palladium release, which originally was the Academy of Music, it was a movie theatre/concert hall; then in the 1960s, it hosted many rock concerts after the Fillmore East was shuttered in June of 1971. Many bands performed here because of it’s Excellent Acoustics and with seating for 3,400, it became a sort of respite break when bands were out on tour and playing large arena and/or stadium tours.

Heads are lucky the band played two extended stands at this venue. In March 1972 with seven shows at the former Academy of Music. The second stand at the Palladium was the 5 shows between April 29 - May 4, 1977. With the band’s affinity for performing in smaller acoustically superior theatres (think Fox in St Louis) and with their extensive experience with the acoustics at this theatre, as they had played here about 10 times before this performance. I have to believe with the recording scarcity of this performance, DaP 50 will be an “upper-tier” performance and recording which will be most well received by Heads, and will only compliment the great music already available from this venue. Remember folks, they aren’t the best at what they do, they’re the ONLY ones that do what they do!!!
Peace All!
uncle_tripel

user picture

Member for

11 years 1 month

In reply to by daverock

Pleased to have 50 be what it is to be, surely an upgrade over the 5/4 here. T'was the extra special hype that had me drooling for The Ark, Grease, etc. We will get there. Thinking about the evolution of box sets... the grand daddy being FW69 in 2005 and what they have become. Bought So Many Roads on release (great grand daddy?) and foolishly passed on the four night 69 spree but now have it on vinyl, all good. Passed on the Euro trunk too, retroactively picking up most one at a time. Shelf space challenges, would prefer simple box sets with a booklet over elaborate decorations and trinkets, but do understand that others want the full production. So why not release regular and Deluxe box sets? Two versions, priced accordingly. Should not take the bean counters long to figure out how many of each, make everyone more grateful. Over two inches of rain along with unusual to record setting warmth has taken out snow cover and flooded parts of Vermont, roads and schools closed today, this time the high water will drop quickly, some damage, nothing like July.

user picture

Member for

1 year 9 months

In reply to by RyXs

I think it's the rearranging more than the chopping that gets me, atleast leave them in order. Well, if chopping is deemed absolutely necassary, don't f**k with the order...

My biazzaro Jerry other one!
Hope you’ve been good sir?

DMCVT: Good Call!
I like the 2 box a year, via 2 tier/style idea!
Make one the full on fru fru big dog and one or 2 no frills 3 show/run box.
Make the no frills basically just music in a very plain simple less expensive package.
And yes, let US decide with our wallets…

Stay dry out there buddy!
I’d keep playing though…I don’t think the heavy stuff is gonna come down for awhile yet”

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

Nitecat - Kudos for a great interview with Merl Saunders on the Dream site - an interesting man, a fine player that brought out the best in Jerry, and gone far too soon.
Thanks for sharing.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by That Mike

Just watched the Merl, Hunter, and December ‘89 segments.

Currently listening to version 79012.Fries.remaster.
Sounds good.
If I recall correctly, it’s on the list of returned reels.
I’d like Dave to release it, but he may need to wait for a bit before releasing another 77.

Edit:
Not on the list of returned reels.
Is it in the Vault?

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

5/18 is on Dave’s “list”,
So it’ll come eventually…

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/en/grateful-dead/special-collections/daves-picks/2024-daves-picks-subscription-early-bird/081227817411.html