• 7,852 replies
    admin
    "When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
    Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
    On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
    On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
    You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
    When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
    PDF
    Text

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • icecrmcnkd

You’re a fucking genius!

• jameslily96
    Always Need To Consider Sound Quality And Product Quality

we need to focus on best sound quality whenever checking audio and sound related product online now a days

• KenRat
    Default Avatar

if someone could provide me with a copy on cd of this show from 30 trips around the sun I would be eternally grateful. a gorgeous show that you just have to listen to to know its one of the best ever. please let me know and I will provide my details.

• whatsappnumb
    Default Avatar
    Its good to see this post and I really appreciate the author for better informative articles like this and more in the future.http://whatsappnumb.com
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    great blogfriendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    friendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    really impressed with the post.friendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • tom32
    Default Avatar
    Jee main 2018 cutoff
  • tom32
    Default Avatar
    Good to hear that it sounds damn goodRomantic Shayari Good Night Sms
  • amarsriv22
    Default Avatar
    Whatsapp is one of the most popular messaging app in the world but I have found its alternative which is whatsapp plus it is more advance than whatsappswhatsapp plus download
user picture

Member for

17 years 3 months

"When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
PDF
Text

user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

i know that cannot be fun. Didnt know they can use electrostim or tens to stimulate growth. Wish i could get you some medicine for pain. As Doc would say, here is a cookie. Though I do not have any 1971 lined up.
user picture

Member for

17 years

As a stop-gap solution, they could setup a download site for USB purchasers.... I would have thought it could have been done in a day, even allowing for the size of 24/96 files (Livedownloads.com do it every day, with no problems), and then send on the actual USB at a later date. Maybe they are worried that we would DL and then cancel.If we knew the exact problem, maybe WE could come up with a solution that would satisfy the majority of people.Everytime, it's comes back to ..... BE HONEST with your customers !
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

I've enjoyed the box a lot. So far I've listened to '66-'72 .'85, '87 and found all shows to be worth a listen at the very least. I know I'll go back for repeat listening frequently. Of course '66-'72 bear repeat listenings but '85 is no slouch if for no reason but the 2nd set.
user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

I told folks over a month ago to be patient when their boxes weren't showing up as there is too much for anyone to absorb to quickly. I now humbly apologize with the deadbolts. I was certain all would have the music by now. Will think positive thoughts for your shipment. At least no boxcutter problems...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

@Oswald55, thanks a lot. I found it in my order status :)
user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

Glad you finally got your Greek tickets! Laugh, those were decent shows, I had a great time. Not sure I could get my butt up those hills today.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

Saw Neil Young there a few weeks ago. Great show, but those seats are absurd! Bench's with numbers where you sit, with enough room for a stick figure! In fact, I can't find a venue that is comfortable enough for my old bones. Standing room only, bench's, bar stools, crowded as hell. Sheesh, where are the elderly friendly venues! Couch at home with video I guess!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

17 years

I would take either option in a second! My biggest retail regret of the year or maybe the last few is clicking order on the USB back in June. Still don't know why I did it. I wasn't reading carefully, thought I would get all the little goodies and not the bulk of the CDs I guess. I also don't see why we can't just download our stuff and get the little bolt later on. I DL FLAC HD stuff all the time. it's not a big deal.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 9 months

It is clear that neither dead.net or Rhino give a shit about this. There are dozens of rants on this board and nothing positive has happened. This is deplorable in terms of customer service. Just tell us when, if ever, we will get the product we paid for long ago. I also don't care about the lightning bolt. Just set this up for download - all I want is the music, the rest of the crap you can keep.
user picture

Member for

17 years

Sounds like it may be time to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau over these USB's. I really hate to hear about you guys getting a ration of BS when you call. I had to file a complaint against the FTW folks. Long story short, I sent some shirts back to be exchanged. I talked to the agent who assured me they would be back in less then 10 days, I was fine with that. After 2 weeks I started calling. Got the same old excuses at first. Then days turned into weeks, then a month. I called several times, started taking notes. I called, sent emails, did everything I could to simply get my FTW shirts back. I finally registered a complaint with the BBB. The next day I received shipping notice with tracking number. I spent so much time on the phone with the customer service people. Took over a month to get my shirts exchanged. Pathetic service. If enough of you register complaints maybe things will move along. This release was suppose to be a happy occasion, instead its turned into a cluster fug. I really hope you all get your music soon. They could put the files on a 256GB SD card and put it in an envelope. Best of luck. Phil
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

They really don't know what they are doing. Untrained, inexperienced. I get replies from them saying one thing that I know is not true. It's like tech support when I call about a computer issue - more often than not I know more than them.
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Has anybody ripped their 45 to mp3 yet? I don't easily have access to a turntable anymore and would like to have these 2 songs in my files. If you ripped them to mp3 (best level) and would be so kind I'd take a copy,,, I'm sure they're small enough to email. dennis
user picture

Member for

10 years

I second Dennis Wlimot's request for digital versions of the "Caution" and "Box of Rain" that are on the 7" Gold Vinyl in Boxilla. I contacted dead.net, but was told they could not provide downloads. FYI: The "Caution" can be found on "Birth of the Dead", but the "Box of Rain" has not been officially released. I'd love the "Box of Rain" from Chicago 7/9/95 . . . Thanks somebody!
user picture

Member for

9 years

doesn't sound too good. It's really just something to have for a collectible or for nostalgia purposes. I'm not sure you will listen to it more than once if you can get through it at all. It's pretty painful to listen to actually, you kind of start to feel the full weight of things, realizing it is the last song they ever played and how bad it sounds and it just made me sad when I heard it. Don't think I will ever listen to it again.
user picture

Member for

17 years

was released on the CD that came with Phil Lesh's book "Searching for the sound".
user picture

Member for

10 years

Thanks Simon – you're right the early copies of Phil's book came with a CD. By the time I got my copy, that CD had become scarcer than a Rockin' the Rhein Bonus CD. Anyway, I have heard a soundboard version of that swan song Box of Rain. I'd still love a digital version of its official release. You can definitely hear the accumulation of years, but for me it underscores the bittersweet passing of all those years (I was 12 in 1965). For me, it provides a historic and poignant exclamation point to the amazing arc of the Grateful Dead's career.
user picture

Member for

10 years 6 months

Surely that's not the way we handle things within this Community! Hey!-- nobody's more PISSED-OFF than I am about being treated like a mushroom as I impatiently wait for $700 worth of long-overdue Music-- SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!-- but since when do we go whining to The Man when something is amiss inside our own "Family"? This clusterfuck will surely be remembered as one of the largest in Dead Merch history but we ARE gonna eventually get our Music-- YOU know that and I know that. There's no danger that Dave or Dr Rhino are gonna pocket our cash and run off to an out-of the-way Country without a U.S. Extradition Treaty or something! And neither Dead dot net nor Rhino are suddenly gonna declare bankruptcy leaving us to watch our hard-earned Cash flushed down a corporate toilet. Be Pissed! Be Let-Down! Be Sad! Vent a little on these Message Boards if you need to but the BBB??? REALLY?!?!?!?
user picture

Member for

9 years

really enjoyed Phil's book. I got the paperback so missed out on the CD. Hope to receive Bill's for Christmas this year. I have a bunch of books about the GD at this point. My first one was the inside history of the Grateful Dead, I could not put it down when I got it! I also remember how fascinating the annotated GD lyrics book was to me when I first read it. So much to learn about the long, strange trip!
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I thought the same thing too. I thought i would get all the goodies, just not the bulk of the CD's. Come to find out we only get the USB drive? And it still cost $700? That's unreal! You would think that without all the fancy manufacturing the USB would have cost less. That's why I assumed it would still come with the book, the 7", hell... even the box! That looked like some cool shit. And what do the USB people get? NOTHING!!!!
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Glad someone mentioned where those 2 cuts on the 45 can be found. I have birth of the dead, so that's covered. I have a downloaded audience of last show, so I have Box of Rain. Doesn't sound as good as "official" copy. You're right about will probably never listen to either cut as a cut, but the anal side of me just likes to have things together and in order. Since I only got a used copy of Searchin for the sound, I never got (or even knew) about a cd. What is on it? Anything good? Or is it just stuff that's already out there?
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

I have contacted the Folks at CS, and they assured me I would be taken care of. Its been about 2 weeks and nothing, except for the immediate generated generic response "thanks for contacting us.. bla blah" I could have wrote "everything is fine and dandy with my order" and would have got the same generic response.. But really, "NO" everything was not "fine and dandy." Multiple failures in my 30 trips box sets. Over 2 weeks with nothing more than a generic response is unacceptable. I am using the appropriate contacts provided from the website I ordered from, will I get an acceptable resolution in a timely manner ? WTF is going on at the warehouse and other places that Rhino has picked. I have been ordering things, probably since 1998 or 2000. And 2015 is the 1st year I can remember any issues. This is like the 5th order that was screwed up this year for me. And the free shipping LOL, they finally put up a disclaimer, because what they were doing earlier was false advertisement.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 7 months

The USB people get 24 bit files. The people that got the box get CDs (16 bit files). You're basically paying $700 for a better sounding product. Not sure you can hear the difference but that is why the USB is the same price as the box.
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

I agree that this community has a familial aspect to it, but Rhino or Dead.net Customer Service? You've got to be kidding! They are businesses. In America, we expect a certain level of integrity from businesses that we do business with. If you deal with a business that does not deliver integrity, either through their product, service or communications, then we have the BBB (Better Business Bureau) to try to warn our fellow consumers that all is not right with a particular business. Businesses don't want to have a negative report with the BBB. Which should motivate most of them to provide business practices that keep them off the "sh*t list". If you've dealt with Dead.net customer service, you'll know that most of them fall into one of the following categories: (1) don't give a shit, (2) completely stupid, (3) liars, etc. Why do you feel the need to protect them? Are you an employee of one of these companies. If you're not, apparently, you don't mind the goodwill among the GD community being completely taken advantage of here. Does being family mean they have the right to f*ck you up the ass! I expect more from family! As someone pointed out some time back, would anyone accept what is happening here with any other business. Doubtful! I didn't order the USB version, I ordered Boxzilla, and had problem after problem getting attention for resolution of my damaged box. It wasn't until I got marye involved that anything happened at all. It made me f*cking crazy. I just can't imagine what you USB folks are going through. If I lived in the town where Rhino or Dead.net customer service resided, I would feel compelled to show up there and let them know personally that they SUCK! But for those that can't do that, there is the BBB. Hang in there USB folks. And mojobrojo, I don't mean to jump on your sh*t, but your suggestion that it's inappropriate to contact the BBB is seriously questionable.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 7 months

I had a major problem with my 30 Trips box. I contacted MaryE (the mod for dead.net) and she contacted Dr. Rhino. Took a couple weeks but I now have a new 30 Trips box, and Dr. Rhino just mailed replacement cases for two shows that had box cutter slices. Honestly, I have had so many bad experiences with Dead.net customer service over the last few years that I didn't expect much, but once I contacted Mary she took care of it. I did call customer service two or three times and got the same type of answers you did. On a side note..I placed an order last night for the Studio Vinyl box, but no greeting card was added. Plus, I never received a memorabilia ticket with my last order. Called customer service and since the order was about to ship they couldn't do anything about it..but I did get free shipping on my next order (after November). edit because of the post below: I think the people a Dead.net do give a shit, but they're just not well informed on what to say. They take the orders and give out refunds. Almost all the other problems are forwarded to Dr. Rhino. I doubt they have any idea what the problem with the USB is. If you feel you need to go after someone, then you should be going after Rhino.
user picture

Member for

9 years

They didn't play it very much. I love the version on Ladies and Gentleman, such a beautiful song! The acoustic versions on Dead Reckoning are also very nice indeed.
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

it is nice to know that help is on the way. I was just looking through an old GD calender from 1984 and I believe the same Mary you speak of has some photos featured in there. Mickey with a big ol' smile (not sure what Billy's tee shirt says?) Cool Pics :) "Where Drums speak out, Laws hold their tongues." - Thomas Fuller (1608-1661)
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

it would have been a compromise to get that one in. I am glad you mention the Ladies and Gentlemen,, LAG is a Top 10 release for me. I hope the next 71 release has as many gems as that one. Bring on the 1971 Dark Star The Other One NFA > GDTRFB > NFA Good lovin Lovelight Smokestack Lightning
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

17 years

I contacted Marye once years ago about my order and got answers real quick. Maybe at least we could get a honest eta
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 7 months

At this point, I am pretty well resigned to waiting it out knowing that someday I'll be pleasantly surprised with the USB package on my porch. It is tough going to the mailbox each night and seeing packages from my wife's internet shopping addiction that maybe could possibly be the usb, but are not. It's like when I really wanted Mattel Electronics Football I for X-Mas, thought it was under the tree, but the box contained socks instead. As for the "family" issue, although I have never had a problem with rhino before now, I can't see them as family. While I like their niche and buy just about every dead release, they are, after all, a subsidiary of one of the 4 behemoth music companies, Warner Music Group (according to my brief internet research on Wikipedia). So I think they are well equipped to deal with a few BBB complaints. Since this was supposed to be a birthday gift last July, my mother may want to know what is going on with her gift. The last thing anybody wants is a determined 70ish Quaker retired elementary reading teacher coming after them. Fair warning now given...
user picture

Member for

10 years

Sounds like gui2i3 had a totally different experience with Customer Service than me. During a year when the Powers-That-Be probably bit off more than they should have, I have received prompt, response each time I have contacted Customer Service. They may not sit on the board at dead.net or Rhino, but they’re obviously (to me at least) not some fly-by-night answering service. I too have gotten frustrated with the delays and lack of communication, but those issues are not the fault of Customer Service. CS may not have been able to always give me the answers I’d hoped for, but they’ve taken the time to provide the correct answer to my questions. I haven’t encountered a single rep that fits any of the categories gui2i3 listed. We all seem to agree that dead.net supply lines have been stretched past their limits this year. Maybe it’s just me, but I appreciate the fact that the PTB weren’t afraid that their reach might exceed their grasp. I am grateful that they aimed high and have been trying to deliver unique musical offerings in exceptionally creative, artistic ways. They could have taken the easy way out – thrown together a few safe cookie-cutter offerings and called it good. Instead they took a chance and have created something worthy of the 50th Anniversary of the Grateful Dead. Many/most of us may be disappointed in how the PTB (not their proxies in CS) have handled some of the inevitable problems with ambitious, one-of-a-kind efforts. I for one am very thankful that the effort was made to do something special (and risky). I do think of myself as a member of this huge, inclusive FAMILY. As such am willing to share the risk inherent in the amazing efforts made on my/our behalf this year. In a few months, our frustrations with the multiple musical birthings of 2015 will be old memories. Onward!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 7 months

i don't blame the people answering the phones, etc and while i agree that we have been given a ton of tunes to listen to this year, etc, the famed PTB can surely be professional and provide honest answers for a very sizable purchase. that's all. (it's not like we are waiting on a $10 SYF Christmas ornament or something) i don't care about the delay. send it whenever its properly ready but a) you can't have my money until you send me a product and b) just tell us why and when. not so hard to be an actual business and explain something to your core backers.
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

I'd rather they try than not. I'd rather they grow than rot. Rocket science it's not. This place is getting hot. I'm glad Rhino and TPTB have a profit motive to make this music available to me. My empathies to those still waiting for the USB. I sat this one out, but my spidey sense was tingling from the start on the never-done-before USB release. I hate being right, this time. Does anyone know if "Dr. Rhino" has the appropriate credentials to claim such a moniker? Just curious. (Having earned mine the hard way, I get hinky when I think I'm being fleeced. Like when military guys bust a poseur at the shopping mall.) Dr. Rhino has been great to me. If I was waiting on my USB, I'd be busting HIS agates. Happy weekend, Deadlandia! Off to see DSO, first show in 10 years! Where does the time go!?!?
user picture

Member for

9 years

Boxzilla makes me smile everytime i look at itand grab another year to listen, still 8 to go and then start all over again. What a trip , what fine work, thanx Dr Rhino and Dave L.
user picture

Member for

9 years

UNBROKEN CHAIN toobut it is on 7/5/15 - heyhey
user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Hope your recovery goes well Dave. I hear you on the uncomfortable venues, I recently had surgery and apparently the anesthesia caused nerve damage, which left me basically bedridden the last couple months. I had purchased TAB shows prior to the surgery though, and decided to push myself to go to the shows. I made it to the venues ridiculously early in order to find seats at a bar or wherever available and made it through the Showbox in Seattle, but the Crystal Ballroom was another story, I ended up spending the 2nd set in my car laying there in too much pain. I also noticed that I was being judged for not "moving enough" during the shows, like I was giving people a bummer vibe haha. It's because I was in a personal battle with debilitating pain throughout my entire body people lol. Needless to say I haven't even considered tickets for anything else, I can barely stand for more than about an hour. Was planning on getting Arlo G tickets too, well hopefully they find out what's wrong with me by april.
user picture

Member for

17 years

Are you waiting for the USB ?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 7 months

I don't think customer services are the people you want to be blaming or contacting about the USB screw-up. I've had many problems (2 months to get a pre-paid return for damaged Sunshine Daydream) with them that were obviously their fault, but this is one time when I believe that the people who answer the phone have not been told anything. Some news would have leaked by now if they knew. I feel for you guys/girls on this one, but If I purchased the USB I would be sending mass amounts of e-mails to Rhino or maybe Warner Brothers Music.
user picture

Member for

17 years

Dead.net took my $700 .... they should be providing the solution. But I just sent Dr. Rhino an email, anyways !
user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

Dang Simon, you most certainly know your dead. I am constantly amazed!
user picture

Member for

15 years 5 months

Bummer for the continued delays on USB, lack of communication makes a bad situation worse. Anyone have a conversation with Dr Rhino on it? My dealings with Dr Rhino have always been positive. Issues I've experienced in the past was always corrected to my satisfaction... Got to see Dead & Co in Worcester, great show. Can't compare to seeing one of my favorite show with Jerry at the helm, but it was enjoyable. Saw two great shows this past week - DSO's 2500 anniversary show - was an elective show - they did an awesome Cumberland Blues. The real treat for me was the Ruben and Cherise in the middle of a Music Never Stopped / Scarlet Begonias sandwich (TMNS>SB>R&C>SB>TMNS) to close first set. Nice Dark Star tease into Dark Star in the second set. Last night saw Steve Hackett at Lynn Memorial Auditorium, another really good show. His singer was a genetic vocal twin to Gabriel for the material they performed. Not sure if Steve plucked him from The Musical Box cover band or not but very spine tingling vocals. The woodwind player was extraordinary as well. Thanks Jim for convincing me to go... Nothing beats live music - highly recommend those three shows. As for the boxzilla sequential listen, up to 77 and still loving it. Have a great weekend!
user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

I hear ya on the venues. Where I live they are building a small outdoor stage set up with multiple brewer/beer gardens/restaurants attached. Will hold 1,500-1,800 people for the burgeoning of smaller touring acts say like mule, or DSO, or TTB. Problem no seats. Stand, blanket, take your pick. My old bones just can't do the standing thing for 3 hours anymore. Dang making my athritic knees hurt now.
user picture

Member for

10 years

“Are YOU waiting for the USB ?” You got me there Outpost. I received my box three weeks ago – you’re right, there’s no way I can imagine what it’s like to be one of you BoltHeads waiting in the dark. Empty as it sounds, I truly hope this resolves soon. In my last post, I was hoping to deflect some of the unwarranted heat from the CS folks in the trenches. And, as I said, I don’t think any of us are impressed with the recent lack of communication from TPTB. A lot of the angst could probably have been avoided with a little timely information during the various delays. Still, I’m glad they stuck their necks out and took a chance on doing something special for the 50th. I hope that we’ll soon be able to look back and be grateful for the killer music and that much of the sting of having to wait for months will be left behind.
user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

Awesome. Wish Hackett would come this way. DSO2500 bet that was fun. Still have not heard D&C should I be looking for tapes?
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

D&C free live stream from 11/7/15 is on YouTube. No USBs and no info is a disgrace. My guess is that GDM outsourced it all and can only sit back and say WTF. But that is not an excuse for not giving the customers an update, especially since the customers are addicts who buy lots of stuff from dead.net.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

It is well documented that the BBB is on the take. Money gives a higher rating and if you don't pay, they slam you.
product sku