• 7,852 replies
    admin
    "When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
    Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
    On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
    On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
    You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
    When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
    PDF
    Text

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • icecrmcnkd

You’re a fucking genius!

• jameslily96
    Always Need To Consider Sound Quality And Product Quality

we need to focus on best sound quality whenever checking audio and sound related product online now a days

• KenRat
    Default Avatar

if someone could provide me with a copy on cd of this show from 30 trips around the sun I would be eternally grateful. a gorgeous show that you just have to listen to to know its one of the best ever. please let me know and I will provide my details.

• whatsappnumb
    Default Avatar
    Its good to see this post and I really appreciate the author for better informative articles like this and more in the future.http://whatsappnumb.com
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    great blogfriendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    friendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • rohiy123
    Default Avatar
    really impressed with the post.friendship day whatsapp messages friendship day sms in hindi friendship day images
  • tom32
    Default Avatar
    Jee main 2018 cutoff
  • tom32
    Default Avatar
    Good to hear that it sounds damn goodRomantic Shayari Good Night Sms
  • amarsriv22
    Default Avatar
    Whatsapp is one of the most popular messaging app in the world but I have found its alternative which is whatsapp plus it is more advance than whatsappswhatsapp plus download
user picture

Member for

17 years 2 months

"When we began discussing audio projects to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead back in 2012, we knew we wanted to do something completely unprecedented. We could think of nothing more exciting or ambitious than a career-spanning overview of the band's live legacy focused on what best tells the story: complete concerts. Our first criterion was the very best live music to represent any given year in the band’s history. We wanted to make sure that there were not only the tent-pole shows that fans have been demanding for decades but also ones that are slightly more under the radar, but equally excellent. For those who listen to the entire box straight through, chronologically, the narrative of the Grateful Dead's live legacy will be seen as second to none in the pantheon of music history." - David Lemieux

We are more than pleased to announce the Grateful Dead's most ambitious release ever: 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN. Available as both an 80-disc boxed set and a custom lightning-bolt USB drive, the collection includes 30 unreleased live shows, one for each year the band was together from 1966 to 1995, along with one track from their earliest recording sessions in 1965. Packed with over 73 hours of music, both the boxed set and the USB drive will be individually numbered limited editions.

The 80-disc boxed set is individually numbered and limited to 6,500 copies, a nod to the band’s formation in 1965. Along with the CDs, it also includes a gold-colored 7-inch vinyl single which bookends the band’s career. The A-side is “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” from the band’s earliest recording session in 1965 with the B-side of the last song the band ever performed together live, “Box Of Rain” recorded during their final encore at Soldier Field in Chicago on July 9, 1995.

The box also comes with a 288-page book that features an extensive, career-spanning essay written by Nick Meriwether, who oversees the Dead archives at the University of California, Santa Cruz, along with special remembrances of the band submitted by fans. Also included is a scroll that offers a visual representation of how the band’s live repertoire has evolved through the years.

The USB drive version* will be shaped like a gold lightning bolt with the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary logo engraved on the side. The drive includes all of the music from the collection in both FLAC (96/24) and MP3 formats and is an individually numbered limited edition of 1,000 copies. Digital version of the book also included on USB.

Shows will NOT be sold individually on CD. This release is sure to sell out quickly so pre-order your copy today and stick around as we will be revealing a mighty fine selection of music, art, and much, much more right here.

(Looking for a smaller 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake? September 18th will see the release of a four-CD version of the collection titled 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995. More on that here.)

ROLLINGSTONE.COM SONG PREMIERE AND EXCLUSIVE DAVID LEMIEUX INTERVIEW
Head on over to Rollingstone.com for the very first listen of "Morning Dew" 9/18/87 Madison Square Garden, David Fricke's exclusive interview with archivist David Lemieux, and the reveal of 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN's '69 and '84 shows.

*Helpful hints for using your USB:

Running the 30 Trips Player / Reader program:
On Windows – Navigate to the USB drive and double click the PCStart.exe file to run.
On MacOS – Open the GD 30 Trips drive, and double click the MacStart to run.

Viewing the digital book:
You can either view it within the program that comes on the drive, or by opening the PDF directly.

To view the PDF, open the PDF folder on the drive and the USB_bk_spreads_08-31 file within. Selecting the option within your PDF reading application to view as a “single page” might be preferable to viewing as a continuous document.

Importing music into iTunes and other library programs:
When you import the songs from the USB into your library, the information used to identify the track will likely leave them sorted incorrectly. Please use the song list found here to re-number the songs for each show so that they playback in the correct order.
PDF
Text

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

I agree with icecrmcnkd, this product was obviously outsourced. Complaining isn't going to get them here any sooner because there's no product 'here' to be shipped. Live and learn, Rhino.. Sorry for all the folks who are stuck in the crobbopple. I sincerely hope it comes soon. I'm not sure what the better business bureau is going to do as its a pre-order that's just late. By the time the wheels get moving on a formal complaint its gonna be shipping. I suspect you could probably cancel and get a refund then time a re-order for when the product actually starts shipping. I don't see this selling out instantaneously or anything..
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 6 months

Outsourced or not, the USB is a fiasco. More than two months after it was supposed to be delivered, still no useful update. Some of us bought it instead of the box to try and keep things minimal. The sound quality isn't likely to be a noticeable difference to these aging ears. I am glad for those that can hear the difference, but truth be told I just don't need to rip another massive list of CD's and store stuff as I downsize. So I paid a lot of money for a product that had less than the same price for all the extras. That is ok - I am a big boy and make my own decisions, and honestly $700 is a lot but not a life changer (which should be a BIG concern to Rhino, I buy a lot because I can, so treat me well!!). Saying we are a family and don't narc to the BBB is pretty silly. Rhino is a business. And for some -some of the very same who screamed bloody murder about their boxes delays - to say "just be cool, nobody is out to get you" seems a little bit much. Even for those who ordered the USB and are cool with waiting however long it takes. You pay your money, you are treated badly, at least be allowed to make your complaints. That is always how I treated my customers - if me or my team screwed up, they have the right to let me know. Anyway, I will wait and enjoy when I get it - but it hasn't been handled well. I renewed Dave's another year, received the extra chotchkies i bought already and will move on. But those who complain have the right. JimInMD - you didn't happen to be in the Air Force in the 1980's did you? You write like a Jim in Md I knew back then who was a deadhead. Y'all enjoy, life is short.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Nope.. I avoided the military, they wouldn't accept me because I could not write without typo's and bad grammar :D I agree that this is a fiasco.. but I think time is the remedy, or you could cancel if you like (and then re-order if you change your mind). That is why I don't think the BBB is going to be much help. If you ask for a refund you will get it. So what exactly are we asking them to do?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

People getting to vent and bitch on this thread is about the only thing they can do to pop the cork. I doubt anyone thinks it will make a dent but it feels good for a few minutes until reality steps in and you start sucking on the $700 void again. Let them have that little bit of release, it doesn't really hurt anyone. I'll say this too... any of you guys with the Box, if you haven't fucked it up already, PM me and I'll get you my addy. Send it on and I'll send you the USB when I get it. I'd be happy to let you live your advice of patience for real. Otherwise, what say you save your advice of how to feel and let us blow off steam eh?
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Have it man. I understand the frustration. And I bid you all a good night.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 6 months

Can't speak for anyone else, but what I what would hope Rhino would do is give us an honest explanation, and an honest expectation of resolution. And then update as appropriate. Which they simply have not done (anyone who thinks two pieces of info in 75 days, neither of which turned out accurate is enough, well, you just have different definitions of what is reasonable than me). But I think it is the baseline minimum. Not as if I am actually ranting or asking for something outrageous.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

Slight over reaction on your part. It really didn't sound like Jim was knocking you in any way. In fact he appeared to feel sympathetic towards your situation. All of us with the box certainly feel bad for the people (well, almost all of them) who purchased the USB. It's a crappy situation. People deserve answers. Telling others on this forum to STFU if we have an opinion or something to say about it is not cool.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

Dude77 I was just asking him and the other "positive" people to let us negs have a outlet. It's not like this MB matters one way or the other. Nobody is reading this stuff but us. STFU is the word. Let people be negative and vent. It won't hurt anything. I wasn't going at him personal and told him as much. Any other advice or life lessons? I'm still waiting for the PM from someone who is willing to send me their box set and wait for the USB. Are you my hero?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 4 months

It looks personal to me. If it walks and talks like a duck... Slamming rhino, or CS, or dead.net or whatever, fine and dandy, and the USB folks certainly have the right AND a just cause to vent in the harshest terms and to their hearts content about this. But, venting at someone who has done nothing but posted opinions and posted them politely and respectfully AND is clearly sympathetic even to the harshest venters - to respond with STFU?? Well, unless the moderator deletes it you have the right to post whatever you want, but, imo, it's uncool, uncalled for, and looks EXACTLY like the posts you'd see on a news article about politics with posters calling each other libtards and repukes, etc., and it gives me the feeling the poster deserves about as much respect and consideration as i'd give those folks. JimInMd, i read your posts and there is nothing in any of them that ANY deadhead i've ever known would respond to with STFU. I hope what that guy wrote didn't bother you a bit, cause it shouldn't, except to feel some pity for him. I'm sure you know what i mean.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 8 months

You guys have a definite beef. FWIW, I once called BBB in a cell phone dispute and the next time I talked to them, they were much more receptive and saw things my way (they tried to charge me a full month's bill when I switched carriers mid-month, a clear no-no). So I wouldn't feel bad about using them. Good companies will take pride in resolving disputes. Having a dispute/complaint isn't a real problem for any company, that will happen. Not resolving them properly IS a problem. Don't feel like you narcing (sic) on the family by going to BBB, you aren't. As long as it gets resolved, as it should, it won't be a problem for Rhino. As for the Box, it might make you guys feel a tad better, I have the physical box but have only gotten half-way through. And here would be my recommendations for listening (not like I'm an expert or anything, just something I've found going through the first 15). 1) Go in chronological order. Though there is some song clustering that can get a bit tiresome when a song appears 3 years in a row or for 4 of 5, for the most part there are differences there (different songs into or out of, set placement, or differences in how it was played) that make it kind of neat to compare and show the progressions of the song, the sound, and the band. 2) Don't look at the lists until you've listened to it at least once. Makes you feel more present. Like having the anticipation of what comes next. Also, while I love Dave's little notes on each concert, I kind of like to listen to it myself and form my own opinions first, and then see how mine match up with his. Or the review article or set list notes if they are there. Sometimes I miss stuff. Which leads me to 3) Listen to them at least twice before moving on. Or, alternatively, listen to a couple in a row and then go back through them. You really start to get the flavor for each year better that way. At least I did. Subtle differences become more apparent. Anyway, for all the USB folks, I hope when this all gets sorted and your music gets to you'll be pretty satisfied from a musical perspective. I certainly am. A few nits can be picked, but all the shows so far are pretty strong in my book (though some years they could have picked some heavyweights and didn't, no acoustic sets). Still, I wouldn't consider the Cobo '76 show a legendary one, but it was certainly fantastic. Ditto the '78 I'm re-listening to now, it is really good. And the '77, while not Ithica or War Memorial good, is still very well played and has a cool set list. Hope you guys don't get too mad if I continue to post about the music in the thread.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 8 months

My DeadBase only goes to '92, but they only played Ripple 39 times total. And the only years they played it more than once were 1970 (6 times, all acoustic sets), 1971 (4 times, electric), and 1980 (27 times, all acoustic). It was also played once in 1981 (acoustic) and then once in 1988 (electric, 9/3/88, Cap Centre, MD). Once there were no acoustic sets (1970 or 1980), it was basically a done deal. Of the 39 versions (pre FTW), five have been released before. 3 from 1980 (one on Reckoning, another one on the Beyond Description re-release of Reckoning (2 CDs), and the one on video on Dead Ahead). The only electric version out there is the 4/29/71 from Ladies and Gentleman. And of course there is the FTW version. Still, 4/39 from Jerry-era. FWIW, I'd have made 9/3/88 my selection for the Box. '88 gets next to no love, but that was a great show. LTGTR, Stranger > Franklin's to open (no Stranger > Franklin's on any live release (the Dead Set one are from 2 different shows). Box of Rain to open the 2nd set, Dew to close it. Ripple the 2nd encore. The other good option for a Ripple (if you weren't going to release something that had been partially released before, 4/29/71), was to do an acoustic show from 1980, or, the legendary 9/20/70 Fillmore East show (I'd have gone that way). Yes, no acoustic sets ('70 or '80) was a big disappointment for me, and no Ripple is a big reason why). Thought 9/3/88 would be a real candidate. But I knew from the Dates there were no acoustic so it kind of softened the blow. I don't think they thought macro level, only micro (a good show for that year) and let the chips fall where they may. It worked well for the most part, but a tad more macro thinking would have been better.
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

I wouldn't mess with Jim, if I were you. He's now a part of Bolo's black ops crew...one phone call and your USB will be filled with a 128GB-long montage of Donna's PITB wails.
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

Closed every acoustic set during the Warfield, New Orleans, and Radio City runs with Ripple (featured in nearly a third of all 1980 shows) I didn't check, but I would suppose "Deal" as a set closer from 1980 would top those numbers. Hoping for an acoustic/ electric set in this years Releases.
user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

Ark BoxArk Box Ark Box Clicking the heels of my Birks
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

You're right, I'm not any deadhead you would have ever known and I don't need or want your pity. Would it be possible to stay focused on the point if I retract STFU and replace with something more respectful? I've PM'd Jim to let him know the comment was directed at ALL the people who were so kind to come in this thread, talk about the music and then tell the USB people to stop complaining, be positive, and be patient. I take offense at people giving advice from the cheap seats so I decided to give a little back. Sorry it was so offensive to you and the others who chimed in with rebukes, I took it out of the post. Thanks for the judgments about me from the few posts I've put in here. Reminds me of people posting on news websites about others they don't know well from a few opinions given... oh wait, nevermind, I'm sure you know what I mean. :0) The point remains, I'm out $800 and to date I've been given no real honest answer as to what is going on or why.
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

Maybe have to exclude 4.6.69, but the first 2 nights at Avalon or the 3 at the Ark would be excellent. Also final run of year, Boston Tea party would be sweet ! A Stand alone show from 1969 I am pulling for although I have this portion in great quality would be SMU 12.26.69. An acoustic rare treat of some "old standards" before Billy joins the show "Lulu, my Lulu come and open the door" https://archive.org/details/gd1969-12-26.sbd.warner-evans.28448.sbeok.f…
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

http://www.psilo.com/dead/ jcure : love to trade for 6/21/93 pass - my first and only show. Will update when mine arrives. djmac520 : 10-27-91 If anyone wants to trade that ticket PM me. has 6-21-93 pass (not for trade) and ticket 12-12-94 redemption searcher: I've got 10/30/91 Oakland ticket (only $22.50-boy those were the days) and 8/21/93 Eugene backstage pass. Went to all the '94 Eugene shows, and strangely enough don't even remember them playing there in '93 until I saw this. Saw someone has 5-15-93 Vegas, not only went to that but it was my birthday, so I would trade for that. Was also in 4th row in front of Vince on his b-day on 2-21-95 and would trade for that. TERRAPIN_ROB Has Ticket 10-27-1991 Oakland Coliseum Arena Pass 5-22-1993 Shoreline Amphitheatre tysonupina: Would love the '93 Eugene and 10/27/91 igrateful: has 10-30-91 and Deer Creek '93 pass Automaticslim: 2/21/95 Delta Center Salt Lake City pass ready for trade.12/12/94 Oakland Coliseum General Admission ticket not for trade TheDude77: has ticket: Oct. 27, 1991, Oakland and pass: May 15, 1993, Las Vegas hallstallion2005: has ticket stub: 5/27/93 Cal Expo Sacramento CA and backstage pass: 3/22/95 Coliseum Arena Charlotte NC hatch655: has Ticket from 5/27/93 and Pass from 8/22/93 g1u2i3: has Ticket: 1991-10-31 (Oakland Coliseum, Oakland, CA) and Pass: 1993-06-22 (Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN) BertDert: has Stub: 5/27/93 Sacramento, CA and Pass: 3/22/95 Charlotte, NC Serpent of Dreams: has Ticket: 10/30/91 Oakland Coliseum Arena, Oakland CA and Pass: 8/21/93 Autzen Stadium, Eugene OR EGroesbeck: has ticket Cal Expo Amphitheatre, May 27, 1993 and Pass 2/20/95 Salt Lake City, UT KYTrips: Ticket was from 10/27/1991 - Oakland Coliseum. Backstage Pass was from 6/21/1993 - Deer Creek Univax: has Ticket May 27 93 Cal Expo / Backstage pass June 13, 93 Freedom Hall Louisville KY. mbarilla: has ticket 10.27.91 x2 and Passes to 5.16.93 Vegas & 6.11.93 Buckeye Lake Shakespeare: has a ticket for 5/27/93 Cal Expo and a pass for 3/22/95 Charlotte. Anttheknee: has ticket for Oct. 28, 1991 and backstage pass for June 16, 1993. MorningSun: has 10/30/91 ticket; 6/21/93 pass. Diggey: has pass from 5/23/93 shoreline amphitheater and ticket is 12/12/94 Oakland. kindagrae: has ticket 5/27/93 Cal Expo Ampitheatre, Sacramento, CA and Backstage pass: "In Attendance" 3/22/95 Charlotte LetitShine: has ticket for 10/27/1991, Oakland Coliseum. b/s pass for 6/9/1993 Palace of Auburn Hills anatexis22: has ticket 5/27/93 Cal Expo Ampitheatre, Sacramento, CA backstage pass is 3/26/95 The Omni, Atlanta, GA D_MCK : has ticket 10/30/91 Gen Admission Oakland Coliseum Arena Back Stage Pass 8/21/93 Autzen Stadium Eugene Oregon Mr. Jack Straw: has ticket: 10/28/91 and Backstage pass: 8/22/93 chitownrider: has Ticket 10/27/91 Oakland Backstage Pass 6/6/93 Giants Stadium Born Cross Eyed... : ticket: 10/30/91 Oakland Coliseum Arena and backstage pass: 6/19/93 Soldier Field, Chicago IL kevinbrandon: has MAY 27,1993 TICKET and THE BACKSTAGE PASS IS FROM JUNE 15, 1993 Atticstrophic : has Ticket: 10/30/91. and Pass: 2/25/95. brobb: has Ticket from May 27, 1993 Cal Expo and Backstage pass from March 26, 1995 The Omni johnmd750: has 12/12/94 Oakland for ticket, and 2/21/95 Salt Lake for backstage pass. wjonjd: has ticket 10-30-91 and pass for SLC 2/21/95 chastason: I'd love to trade for Autzen 93 (of the dates I've seen posted so far). Ticket: 10/30/91 Oakland Pass: 6/9/93 Auburn Hills King Harvest: Received the 8/15/86 Park City ticket (not fielding trade offers currently) and a 5/23/93 Shoreline pass. deadyogi51: has Ticket October 30, 1991 Oakland and Pass June 18, 1993 Soldier Field, Chicago seabird17: has Pass - 3/24/95 and Ticket - 12/12/94 Oakland Coliseum SPACEBROTHER: has Ticket - 12/12/94 Oakland and Pass - 2/21/95 Salt Lake City ccmuzik: has Cal Expo 5/27/93 ticket and a pass from Charlotte 95 (3/22/95). Moses Quasar : has ticket 5/27/93 Cal Expo and pass 8/22/93 Autzen deadheadbrewer: got a ticket for 12/08/94, and a pass for 3/23/95 KayakGuy: has Cal Expo 5/27/93 ticket and pass is for 3/22/95 Charlotte rdevil: has 10-27-91 ticket, 6-11-93 pass Born Cross Eyed: ISO: 10/27/91 show ticket. Will trade my 10/30/91 Oakland TICKET. Wants to keep 6/19/93 Soldier Field Pass. corvette1982: has Pass - 1995-02-21 - Salt Lake City, Utah Ticket - 1994-12-12 - Oakland Coliseum Arena - Oakland, California Dennis Wilmot: has Tix - 10/27/91 - Oakland Col BSP - 6/9/93 - Auburn Hill, Michigan jbxpro: Ticket is 1993-05-27, Cal Expo, Sacramento CA; backstage pass is 1995-03-22, Coliseum Arena, Charlotte NC. mrogers: has Backstage pass for Autzen 8/22/93 and the ticket was Cal Expo 5/27/93. boblopes: has Cal Expo 5/27/93 ticket and pass is for 3/22/95 Charlotte kenco: has Ticket for 5/27/93 Cal Expo & BSP 8/22/93 Autzen akpon9: has Ticket: Oakland Coliseum Oct. 30, 1991 Backstage Pass: Eugene Aug. 21, 1993 skeebe: has Ticket - 1991-10-27 Oakland Coliseum Backstage - 1993-06-11 - Buckeye direwulf: has Backstage pass: 06-18-93 Soldier Field and Ticket: 10-30-91 Oakland Coliseum abrazen: has 3/23/95 Charlotte pass 12/8/94 Oakland ticket WarEagleRK: inserts were the pass for Philly 3/17/95 and the ticket for Oakland 12/8/94 Sixtus_: has Ticket: Cal Expo, 5/27/93 and Backstage Pass: Delta Center 2/19/95 anyone is interested in a swap, PM me... Mojave: has Ticket: October 30, 1991- Oakland Coliseum, Pass: August 22, 1993 Autzen Stadium, Eugene Oregon robshead: has Ticket 10/30/91 Oakland, CA; Backstage Pass 8/22/93 Eugene spascarella: has Ticket 10/27/91 Oakland CA. Backstage pass is 06/08/93 Auburn Hills, MI natas2210: has Ticket Stub: 10/27/91 Oakland Backstage Pass: 5/16/93 Las Vegas Zuckfun: has ticket 12/08/1994 Oakland Coliseum Arena,CA backstage pass 03/23/95 Coliseum Arena Charlotte, NC Open to Trades dedhed76: has Ticket stub 10-30-91 and Pass 8-22-93 jonothan lake: has ticket Oakland Coliseum 28th October, 1991,Backstage pass Eugene, Oregon,22nd August,1993. ottihead: has ticket 10-28-1991 and pass 02-19-1995 brian hahne: has ticket - 5/27/93 General Admission and Backstage pass - 3/22/95 lowspark75: has Ticket: Oct 30, 1991 Oakland and Pass: June 9, 1993 Auburn Hills Alain: has Ticket: October 28, 1991. and Pass: March 23, 1995. Dancin' Rick Chinacat: has Ticket for 10-27-91 Oakland, a show I was at and Pass 6-8-93 Auburn Hills. mjzeee: has Ticket: 10/30/91. Backstage pass: 6/8/93 drshakedown74: has Ticket stub 10/30/91 Pass- 8/22/93 Open to Trades on ticket only dead tanuki: has ticket 10/27/91 Oakland Coliseum, and pass 6/8/93 Palace of Auburn Hills. Roland Bruynesteyn: has ticket October 30, 1991, bsp February 25 shawndog: has Ticket: 10-27-1991 and Pass: 5-23-1993 JeffSmith: has Cal Expo 5/27/93 and Pass: Charlotte Coliseum 3/22/95 birdynumnumz: has TICKET: October 30, 1991 Oakland and PASS: June 8, 1993 Auburn Hills ivhs72: has Oct. 30, 1991 Oakland Coliseum, and the backstage pass is from the May 15, 1993 Silver Bowl. Would like to trade either my pass or ticket for the same to any show in Oregon muleskinner_blues: has Ticket 10/30/91 Oakland Coliseum and Pass 8/22/93 Eugene, OR Vguy72: has ticket Oakland Coliseum 10.27.91 and Backstage is Deer Creek 6.21.93 (will trade for any Vegas pass) DeadJeffinPDX: has Ticket from 10/27/91 - Oakland Coliseum Arena and Backstage pass from Auburn Hills - 6/8/93 NWScarletFireGuy: has a Ticket from 10/27/91 Oakland, Pass 6/8/93 Auburn Hills Frampton: has ticket 10/27/91 Oakland Coliseum, and pass is 6/11/93 at the Buckeye Lake antonjo: has ticket Oakland Coliseum, Oct 30, '91 and Stage pass is Vegas Silver Bowl, May 15, '93. snafu: has ticket Oakland Coliseum, Oct 30, '91 and pass not disclosed (yet) Rambler: has 10/27/91 stub and 6-11-93 Buckeye Music Center pass. snowball: has Ticket: Oakland Coliseum October 30, 1991 and Pass: Deer Creek June 22, 1993 Willysin4wd: has 8/22/93 Eugene Pass, and Oakland Coliseum Space Head 10/30/91 ticket (i think i went to this show!) Europe61: has ticket 10-28-1991 Oakland and backstage pass 8-22-1993 Eugene ozdh: has 10/28/91 oakland - ticket, 6/16/93 freedom hall, louisville - backstage pass johnny361: has Ticket 12/8/94 Oakland and pass 3/24/95 Charlotte drsox: has 2 backstage passes for June 16, 1993 at Freedom Hall, Louisville AND 2 tickets for October 28, 1991 at Oakland Coliseum Arena jerboo22: has Ticket: 28 October 1991, Oakland Coliseum, Oakland and Pass: 16 June 1993, Freedom Hall, Louisville masonskids: has ticket 10/30/91, pass from 8/21/93. Southwest: has Ticket 28 Oct 91 Oakland 22.50 and Backstage Pass 19 Feb 95 Salt Lake Gary Farseer: has Ticket 10/27/91 Oakland and Pass 6/11/93 Buckeye Lake Arno: has Ticket: Oakland Coliseum October 30, 1991 and Backstage Pass: Coliseum Arena, Charlotte March 23, 1995 nitecat: Oakland Coliseum October 30, 1991 and Backstage Pass: 6-16-90 Shoreline DaveStrang: has Ticket: 10/30/91 Oakland Coliseum Arena - Oakland, CA and Backstage Pass: 6/18/93 Soldier Field - Chicago, IL wmh: has Ticket 10-30-1991, Oakland Coliseum General Admission and BS Pass is: 06-09-1993, The Palace Of Auburn Hills Michigan frankparry: has ticket October 30 1991 and pass March 23 1995 chilly1214: has Oct 28 91 ticket and 6-19-93 pass simonrob: has a ticket from October 30, 1991 - Oakland Coliseum Arena, Oakland, CA and a backstage pass from March 23, 1995 JJ Fehmarn : has ticket for Oakland 10-28-91 and pass Salt Lake City 2-21-95 jrf68@hotmail.com: has ticket 1993-05-27 Cal Expo and pass 1995-02-24 Oakland Coliseum luddlight: has Ticket: 27 Oct 1991- Oakland Coliseum Arena and Backstage Pass: 09 Jun 1993 - The Palace of Auburn Hills Jason Wilder: has ticket 10/27/91 Oakland Coliseum and Pass: June 8th, 1993, Palace of Auburn Hills, Michigan. daverock: has ticket is 10-30-91 Oakland and pass 8/21/93 Eugene andoverdeadhead: has ticket 5-27-93 Cal Expo Amphitheatre and backstage pass 2-24-95 Oakland segan63: has Ticket: 5/27/93 and Pass: 3/22/95 wurm79: has ticket 10/27/91 and Backstage pass: 6/9/93 purpleerik69: has Ticket Oakland 10/28/91 and Backstage Pass Freedom Hall 6/16/93 Mar-T: has ticket - 12/8/94 and pass - 2/20/95 anrumler: has ticket stub for 5-27-93 and guest pass from 3-22-95 RichardTorres: has Ticket: 10/28/91- Oakland Coliseum and Pass: 6/16/93- Freedom Hall Kentucky icecrmcnkd: has Ticket: 10/28/91- Oakland Coliseum and Pass: 6/16/93- Freedom Hall Kentucky One Man: has ticket October 28, 1991 and Pass June 16, 1993 Freedom Hall
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

That would not be good. I have PM'd Jim and I hope he understands where I was coming from and that it wasn't personal. I also edited my message to remove the offending term since it cause so much backlash. I really didn't think it was that big of a deal.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Hey.. no hard feelings and thanks to all. None of us caused these problems so there's no sense in us taking it out on each other. Lets hope the USBs get here as soon as possible. In the mean time.. lets move on and enjoy the weekend.
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

I bought 2 boxes in case of SNAFU. Kind of amusing, with the 2 boxes that were sent to me, if I combine the 2 boxes.. I have 1 pristine 30 Trips set. I got the same ticket in both boxes - 10.27.91 - Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Oakland, CA (With Carlos Santana and Gary Duncan) Backstage Passes - 5.16.93 - Sam Boyd Silver Bowl - Las Vegas, NV - (Final "Healy FM") - 6.11.93 - Buckeye Lake Music Center - Hebron, OH (days leading up to this show many schools in Ohio were letting out for the summer. The buzz was in the air and the Grateful Dead delivered the goods. One of my favorite 1st sets from 1990-1995) "Thought I heard that KC whistle moanin' sweet & low" https://archive.org/details/gd1993-06-11.mtx.unknown.100405.flac16 https://archive.org/details/gd93-06-11.sbd.gans.19217.sbeok.shnf the first link is a Matrix, and 2nd link is a soundboard with a few missing tracks.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

@mbarillaDid your sets have skips and such? I'm listening in order and am up to 1992 and haven't had a bad disk yet. Which frankly amazed me, considering how many bad disks I've had from Dead.net in the past. I just figured they got their QC act together finally.
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

on this site, just want to comment :) Sorry for all who do not have the bolt, but there is a way to get it all back, don't pay for it, wait till it comes, then declare it is a faulty product, cancel your credit card order and don't pay. If you have a good card carrier, this should be no problem. Some one here said they avoided the military because they had good grammar and could spell and type without typos. And who do you thank for your freedom? Your English professor? Maybe one day you will need someone who is not a coward and is not afraid to do the right thing, unlike some, who take it all for granted. Vietnam vet here and if you had been around back then and old enough to serve, you would have found someway out of it, right? College deferment? Rich parents? Littering? Or like some, fake a suicide or say you are gay? Or would you be one of the ones who spit on the returning troops? Thanks for your support, with Amerikans like you, who needs enemies.
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

I am currently at a Standoff with 10.20.68 ,, I want to listen in chronological order (1966-1968 Pigpen is the star of the show) and could have been a sweet 3 show mini box. 1969 is where I have to cease my 30 Trips due to damages. But I still have a reserve of GD skull splitters to keep me busy. Sirius, Tapers Section, JOTW, 30 Days of Dead !! and the 81 disc skull splitter set that I got in early summer. I guess 81 discs is one too many because whoever decided on counts for CD cases went with an 80 disc holder. Might be a good investment to get an 80 disc case holder for the 30 trips set for those who want to handle the digi packs less.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

I think you misunderstood my comment.. he said he recognized my writing.. and my reply was because it is often riddled with typo's and bad grammar. It was a self derogatory comment. I have nothing but respect for all that serve our country.. especially in trying times like now. The people I know that are / were in the military are sharp people. Its a noble profession filled with highly trained and skilled individuals. If you look at my posts.. they are often riddled with typos and such. I should proof read them more. But I never said I avoided the military because I can write.. the military was just not my calling. ..and neither is teaching English. That's all. I try very hard to be respectful here.. if things come across pointed, that certainly is not my intent. Lastly, thank you UnkleSam for your service. I sincerely appreciate it.
user picture

Member for

15 years 1 month

Gosh Unkle Sam - I think it's possible that young men who avoided military service in the '60's were just as brave as those who allowed themselves to be drafted. It takes a lot of courage to understand the depth of what you're doing - risking jail, maybe moving to Canada or Europe with no plan to come back home. Standing up for what you believe in. There's a wide spectrum of response to that war...everybody had to make a choice.There's more than one way to define "do the right thing" in regard to that war.
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

Come on, now... Didn't anyone ever tell you not to throw gasoline on a fire?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 7 months

I posted earlier, but wanted to update for anyone out there that wants a physical Boxset. Based on the PMs I got, I took pictures of the one I have available and can send them so PM me you email address. I have one boxset, ready to go with original packaging for $600 plus shipping. Thanks
user picture

Member for

10 years 1 month

Definitely lovin Boxzilla
user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

I'm also lovin'the boxzilla. It was truly an indulgence, and I don't regret it. I'm lucky my girlfriend of over 25 years is so understanding. I get a certain minor thrill when I close the box and it makes a solid sound. I know that sounds silly, but it is true. I'm still into the physical thing, I enjoy looking at the sleeves, and even just seeing the box sitting next to the E72 box on my desk. I have been reading the fan comments in the book, and they are very touching, really special stories about how the band has touched their lives. I am also very sad about the bolt and how poorly bolt buyers have been treated. I feel poorly for each buyer waiting with no word from CS, and I feel poorly for the tarnished reputation of a cherished brand - dead.net. I did have one experience with CS when I changed my shipping address for the box. It took me three emails trying to get it right, before a guy named Jonathan was put on the case and immediatly made it right, apologizing for the other CS rep. So I was fairly happy with my CS experience. I'm up to 1979, with a detour to 11/11/73. That 79 Dancin'>Franklin's is awesome! Man that band Grateful Dead was really something!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 6 months

greetings from here, so, my cat loves the grateful dead. he's now listened to a good chunk of the trips box set. in fact, he's the one who wanted it. i covered for him though, i don't want my wife to get too suspicious. he's got a habit, and i enable him. but habits are habits. he would have found someone else to indulge his needs, so i thought. it was a surprise when he left the room during the cornell '81 althea though. he loves the spring 90 box he wanted me to get for him, so why would he walk on that song, that show? i couldn't figure it out. he's listened to a lot, and he makes a statement now? the only thing i can think of is that i've had to revisit that show a few times, and maybe he wants to move on. i could understand it if that was the case, but why not walk out on the me and my uncle (nothing against it personally)? we're all different, just have to accept it. i don't see how i could change, nor why would i want to? everyone of us here's something different, through a neural network of experiences and genetics. i can get him back in the room though. he's a sucker for black muddy river. i know just the encore. i think i've talked myself through this little therapy session. thanks for listening.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

Still waiting for someone from Dead.net or Rhino to tell us why we paid $700 two plus months ago but can't even get a update on our orders.
user picture

Member for

13 years

Honestly, I'm posting to see if my new photo shows up. Ha. But while I'm here, let me say to the USB crowd that I feel a portion of your pain. My box arrived very late and there was no reason given in advance, even though the reason was a shipping label SNAFU. They could have just told us that, and instead they chose to let us guess. Adding further tragicomedy, I just received my shipping notice. It came about 4 weeks after the actual box arrived. So hang in there, brethren. It's a mess but I have confidence it will be straightened out in the end. You'll love the tunes. The time lapse morph from pimply garage band to lumbering behemoth collapsing under its own weight is a wonder to behold in all of its audio splendor. The stops along the way are priceless.
user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

It's not out yet! Have a nice Thanksgiving. Mr. Pete-------> aging hippie
user picture

Member for

13 years

This Grateful Dead original is as tasty as a fresh morning bun here. Jerry barks the words with great conviction even though he apparently was not happy with the poetry. Sometimes all you gotta do is sell it, and he knows just how to do that, even at this early stage. The odd time changes are maneurvered expertly and the song is a rousing success. A victory lap is called for and Garcia whips up a guitar froth that goes on for a good, jammy time while (I hope) the dancers frug to their hearts’ content. First Jerry, then Billy chops the time in half and drops back to 4/4 soon after. Jer wants to stretch out still. Pigpen's organ stabbing gets louder, to the point of some distraction. The self-made fade at the end is like watching steam dissipate. It's another winner.
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

WOW. I didn't listen to the streams and have a random listening pattern so it takes a while to hear new stuff. This Trip was great, a perfect choice and the 1st of the box shows i heard. I literally had to turn around and look at the monitor to find out WTF it was. Similar in feel to the 5/6/70 Kresge Plaza show at MIT where they crank the whole set knowing they don't have another set to worry about. The Other One is intense, the Lovelight NFA closer is as good as the Minglewood from 5/15/70 when Bob shreds his vocal chords in the give and take with Pigpen. It's a nice choice for the box, short but it's the whole ride from start to end.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Well, after several listens through the box, I finally have found out one bad thing.What could anybody possibly get me for Xmas that will hold a candle to this box? The bloom is certainly off the rose for me this year. Boxzilla is just SO amazing that I am afraid I will have to wait for Xmas 2016 to receive any present that will really spin my top. Rock on
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 6 months

Sigh. See, you should have ordered the USB. Then you could be on pins and needles the next 30 days and might have gotten lucky! Now when did you feel that way and hopeful for the holidays since you were a kid! But then again, if we are still waiting, you still did better. And NO - I DO NOT WANT TO CANCEL!!! I just want what I paid for or an update. And if I can't get an update, but sometime in the next 12 months will actually get what I paid for months ago, I will take it. And no, I do not resent those of you who got the box. I truly am happy for you - others suffering does not alleviate mine, but knowing others are happy (if supportive) does ease mine. And it sounds like a blast to listen to. Just hope I get to someday - and feel that making the point here now and then is my right. Not directed at you who have the music, just the off chance that being shamed in public makes someone at Rhino try to do better.
user picture

Member for

10 years 6 months

This crazy USB debacle...... a few of us have had troubles over the years-- all eventually remedied-- with Dead / Rhino Customer Service but most interactions are good. They are also two companies known for putting out a quality product and being pretty Fan-centric and responsive.This is so far out of the norm-- so NOT the way they normally operate-- and that's had me puzzled. And trying to assemble this Puzzle is tough with several critical pieces missing. Then it dawned on me...... "Non-disclosure Agreement". That's the one thing that would explain the uncharacteristic behavior and lack of useful communication between Seller and Buyer. And if there is an "NDA" between Rhino and whoever they unwisely sub-contracted the Lightning Bolt out to, that agreement may well contain a clause that even the existence of an NDA cannot be disclosed to the public-- not an uncommon occurrence. I have no inside information-- I'm just speculating--but at least my suggestion lies within the realm of possibility AND points the finger away from those beleaguered CS Folks who can only tell us what they're allowed to tell us.
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

Just finished with the 77 show. Here are the shows that have blown me away so far: 67,71,72,73 and now this one! Ive questioned Dave twice: the first was Daves 3. I thought that coming on the heels of E72 this show had a similar set list and would have been the same old stuff but upon listening that show rocked! One my favorite Other One's of all time! The second was this show. I thought there might have been a better 77 show for the box(4/23 maybe?) but once again Dave has proved me wrong! Jerry is simply cranking on this! The first set is great, second set even better! Great Scarlet>Fire, probably the best Samson Ive ever heard and the Terrapin is Superb! I like the early versions of Terrapin where it starts right in with a faster beat! The PITB and Wharf Rat are great too! Just a great show all around! More Spring 77 please!!! Im taking my time with this box and I listen to the shows several times before I move on! 78 today! take care folks!!

Member for

16 years 11 months

I just popped '77 in for the first time as this morning's drive-to-work soundtrack. LOVING the first set so far, they really come out swinging. Jerry's leads sparkle from the get-go on Minglewood & Deal ~ sweet Deal. They Love Each Other is a perfect version, and Billy does some fun little rolls in the peak bars of Jerry's solo. And I don't think I've heard a finer Looks Like Rain from this era ~ the dynamics from everyone during the finale, including Keith, are just lovely. And the sound quality is immaculate ~ love it when I can hear the cymbal subtleties. Looking forward to the rest of this show, especially if 2nd set is even better...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 11 months

Cancelled. Enough. I already have the physical box set and had bought both thinking that it would be great to have the physical box for a collector's item, but the ease of file transfer from the USB and not having to rip each disc etc. was how I would get the music to my ears most quickly. Well the delay really took away that advantage and the outlay of cash made no sense. While the way this has been handled is a travesty, I will at least give Rhino CS credit for allowing folks to cancel the order and refund the money.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Well, I sent emails to both asking for an update on the USB ...... surprise, surprise, I've not had a reply yet. Customer Service my arse ! (that's a UK expression, in case you're wondering !)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 11 months

I've written and called them a bunch of times, and there is no new information about the chip - just the same rhetoric! I totally feel everyone's frustration. Here is some of the email I wrote to them after asking a few questions about the USB chip, and got another templated 'generic' response...... Hi there Mac (Dr. Rhino), In all honesty, I feel that the email you just sent not only didn't explain anything, but came across as patronizing. I am doing a project for my class about distributing box sets via USB chips, and the Grateful Dead chip is a great model for this project. There have been two other USB chip releases that I can think of which have been extremely successful: The Beatles Apple USB Queen's USB Orb I understand that they were put out by huge record companies with a large budget, but it makes you question why Rhino has had such difficulty with this release. I believe as a 36 year old fan of music that USB music distribution is a great way to acquire music as well as have a tangible product. But since this 30 Trips mishap - I think people's trust in your company has been tarnished. Here are some of my questions: - Did you guys get a test product, and if so, did it work? - Was there a problem with the manufacturing of the USB chip itself? - Did the issue have anything to do with uploading the music? - Was the chip not big enough to hold all the music in 24bit FLAC & MP3 along with the PDF? (I have yet to see a small flash drive with more than 128gb) - Did you get the entire shipment in and realize that it wasn't correct - maybe the ID3 tags weren't correct? - Was the production sent offshore to be produced, and there was a communication error? The reason my teammates in class agreed to do this project with me was because of the lack of communication with customers. I mean, all you have told anybody is there was a 'production issue' and thanked them for their patience. In all honesty, you haven't given anybody a choice but to be patient. You have not offered any refunds - and thinking that a backstage pass from a show in 95 is a sufficient consolation prize for a two month delay on a $700 product is pretty ridiculous. I wanted to take on this project because I care about the Dead community, and want to help so this issue doesn't ever happen again. I mean, in the two months since we were supposed to get our USB chips, a new Dave's Pick has been released, The 2016 Dave's Pick subscription is now available to purchase, and all the Fare Thee Well shows are set to go out. I may not be the only who is dissatisfied with the level of customer service and information, but I am the person who wants to help make a difference so future Deadheads don't experience this frustration, and I'm offering to do it for free! No strings attached. I will get an A on my project with or without working with you guys - but why waste the effort? ______________ I basically got a BS answer - so, instead of emailing the BBS, try contacting these guys below. Maybe, if enough of us raise hell we will get a few more answers. The problem is how they've communicated with us. Dr. Rhino: Dr.Rhino@rhino.com VP for Rhino: ben.trask@rhino.com
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 11 months

With all due respect to a very well-thought out list of inquiries, you are never getting those questions answered by Rhino in a million years or with five million people ringing their bell (and keep in mind I am someone who cancelled their order last week, so I am among the great dissatisfied). Some of what you ask goes well beyond what they owe us as customers, it touches on issues that may be proprietary in nature and even if not, may have serious legal ramifications to the parties involved. For example, take the inquiry about a problem with the manufacture of the USB. If Rhino answers you no, that could be an admission against interest in any dispute with the manufacturer as to the manufacturer's liability. Answer "yes" and it could be a breach of confidentiality between those two parties in their agreement. Just aren't getting answers to those questions and frankly, you aren't owed that level of detail either most likely. But man I admire the effort.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 11 months

I know you are right - but that was the only way I can think of venting. I am really doing a project in class about this very topic, but we are using assumptions rather than facts. Thanks for the admiration :) I'm still truckin!
product sku