- November 19, 2020 - 6:58pmmkavJoined:June 30, 20075/26/77 Terrapin
First time I heard it live after only having heard it on vinyl. I "got it" then. Was not too sure about it based on the album
- November 19, 2020 - 1:53pmrevolutionaryh…Joined:November 7, 2010Best Terrapins
The one from 3-18-77 with the Alhambra / Terrapin Flyer jam afterwards is pretty cool.
Some great ones from the 80's are 4/14/84 Hampton, 3/23/87 Hampton and 4/6/87 Brendan Byrne. That Spring tour in 87 they were pumped up and the Terrapin outros in particular are smokin. Also the Brendan Byrne one comes out of Space and goes into The Other One, so there's that...
- November 1, 2020 - 7:15amWaverJoined:November 2, 2012Walking Into Bickershaw Festival with a Miners Family
Seeing the Dead at Bickershaw with a miner and his family ( wife and several kids ). They had given myself and a friend a ride to the site and i invited them along....we all just walked in. I had paid they hadn`t but it didn`t matter. We all watched and listened totally transfixed......magical time
- October 26, 2020 - 8:53pmjacob_alex2005Joined:October 26, 2020The Great American Music…
The Great American Music Hall for sure.....one from the vault 1975.....the best version of eyes ever.....Jerry's solo's are out of this world
- October 22, 2020 - 8:00pmhnettJoined:June 26, 2007Greek Theater: 5/21/82: Playin>UJB
I can only talk about what I actually saw. The second set opener at the magnificent Greek Theater, Berkley, was the best. They came out in a rather excited state to start the set. Then, they just erupted into a musical superlative. The jam into drums was a Bobby/Brent thing I never saw at any other show. Then the sun set. People need to listen to that 40 minutes turned up real loud. Archive.org has a Charlie Miller sound board that will do you well.
Sure there are probably better Playin>Uncle John's, but that one was a best for me. The energy!
- February 1, 2020 - 10:30pmrajababuJoined:February 1, 2020My personal favorite is the peformance
My personal favorite is the peformance of "Black Peter", Northern Illinois University, 1977.
I am from europe, and was studying at the university from 1976-1979. I didnt know the dead before that show, but i have loved them ever since. Love from Denmark.
Writer at https://www.ellipticalaudit.com/
- June 26, 2019 - 6:09amHenryClineJoined:November 17, 2009Terrapin
I had a whim to find a Terrapin above Terrapins. The one that will send shivers down my spine and fill me up with cascading sound fields each and every listen.
I listened to all the ones I have, not that many, maybe 6-7 and this is what I found:
The infamous version from Englishtown '77 still stands out quite a bit. It was my first show and I thought I was just playing favorites, but indeed it quite a wonderful version.
The other one I liked was from 03/03/1990 Nassau Coliiseum
It was also and quite education to listen to Robert Hunter Jack O' Roses acoustic studio version which clocks in at 15:58
But, I thought I would ask here as I know I will get some solid sound advice.
- February 26, 2019 - 4:44ammlenaJoined:February 26, 2019Linkin Park is the best all…
Linkin Park is the best all time.
- December 17, 2018 - 7:48amwilfredtjonesJoined:June 4, 2007Loser 10/15/76
This one doesn't show up on headyversion, but it's a really good one.
- December 6, 2018 - 6:14pmDazJoined:December 6, 2018Just for today...
Cow Palace New Years Eve 1976. Simply because I just listened to it! No doubt, tomorrow will bring a new favourite 😎