• 15 replies
    heatherlew
    Default Avatar
    Red and white, blue suede shoes... Celebrate Independence Day with our very first concert tee featuring a new depiction of the classic Truckin' Up to Buffalo July 4th show, Orchard Park, NY 7/4/89, by artist Matt Adams.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • mbarilla
    Best dead merch stealth ? have you seen Anthem of the Sun tee
    Hot pink Anthem writing embossed a little, on purple tee. Coolest tee they have sold on this site in years , even better than the 1973-1974 Pacific Northwest tee !! Way better seen them all in person Jerry guitar inlay tee, I got a few with Rosebud, Alligator, and Tiger. Those are cool Some of my favorite dead shirts are not stealth at all lol AOXOMOXOA cover art , very trippy Europe 72 tee the ice cream kid on front and Rainbow with boot and globe on the back Sly lightning bolt ? Lol I got a tee from 1985 with a lightning bolt almost 2 feet long , front has a jumble of skulls on it with red white and blue blurred together
  • Thin
    Yah, If XXX-Large isn't big enough, you have bigger issues than finding a nifty novelty T. No offense, but it reminds me of the Seinfeld stand-up about laundry: "Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem." I'm with ya Patagonia... the best Dead merch is stealth Dead merch... A sly lightning bolt, a carrion crow, the eagle graphic from Go To Heaven, Turtles, Kelly-Mouse art, Jerry's guitar inlays.... Something that elicits a wink from a fellow head but no one else recognizes. I'm suspicious of billboard Deadheads. On the other hand, I think the shirt accompanying the new box set is awesome!
  • PatagonianFox
    man, that shirt is ugly! IMO small tasteful graphics are the way to go. i don't want someone to be able to read my t-shirt from a block away. ----
  • mbarilla
    The people at the top should have taken your suggestions lol , I'm still wearing the shirt now, forgot to shower. The shirt reminds me a little of when liquid blue around 2010 was picking specific shows and creating shirts for them. Hampton March 1986 was one, 7.2.89 foxboro, other ones I have seen are from L.A Forum, Philly Spectrum both 90s For 7.7.89 they should use the same graphic as this 7.4.89 and just swap dates. just kidding once was bad enough. 1989 Summer Tour has one of my all-time favorite dead shirts , the bandana wearing keyboard player smoking, it would have been cool to see an homage to that shirt. Got the feeling the Citifield Dead and Company 2018 poster was a tribute to the Summer 1989 Reonegro image Rhino release a tee with Live Dead cover art / images, front and back if possible !!! I have the AOXOMOXOA tee from GDM mid 90s, I would most likely buy a new one ( love the Anthem shirt ) if the 50th anniversary tees are done, but a Live Dead tee would be awesome as well ! Been spinning Orpheum 1976 , 8.27.72 , and Dicks Picks 6 Hartford ~ 10.14.83 for most of weekend 10.14.83 !!! They Love Each Other Althea Scarlet - > Fire -> Estimated Eyes -> Drums -> Jam - The Other One -> Stella Blue !!!
  • Roguedeadguy
    Is to sell some merch :) I see it as a retro tour shirt, bsaically. A casual observer wouldn't know that you didn't get it at the show in 89. You could make up some wild story about Truckin Up to Buffalo with a couple buddies and a sheet of blotter. Unless you already had such a story and didnt have to make one up . . . I like this shirt. I'm generally opposed to having a concert shirt for a concert I didnt actually attend tho. But its cool. I'm surprised they didnt do the 7-7 show and tie it in with MUATM. There's some cross promotional synergies right there.
  • mbarilla
    jaydoublu - I agree, I don't understand concept either
    I bought the shirt though, already delivered and wearing it right now. If you are in the market for a new tee, I suggest the Anthem of the Sun shirt. The new take or updated artwork for this 4th of July is a little sloppy in my opinion. Rhino look at examples from Greek June 1986 artwork, that is a proper bus driver lol
  • jaydoublu
    Default Avatar
    I'm not sure I'm understanding the concept. So this was based on an interpretation of the 7/4/89 release? It has nothing to do with anything from the actual venue, on the specific date?
  • Mytime
    Default Avatar
    Horse called China Rider. can't be a shitty horse imo.
  • unkle sam
    I was all set, saw this first thing this am and put one in my cart, went through all that and when it came time to pay I saw the real price, with tax and shipping 35.00, closed cart and went away, why so much shipping charge? this shirt weights about what 6 oz. What next? stitching fees? lol
  • stoltzfus
    put down the donut. lol. coming from a chef. lol.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 6 months

Red and white, blue suede shoes... Celebrate Independence Day with our very first concert tee featuring a new depiction of the classic Truckin' Up to Buffalo July 4th show, Orchard Park, NY 7/4/89, by artist Matt Adams.

user picture

Member for

6 years 8 months

Would love to see bigger sizes offered on the tees.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years 9 months

I like it! Look forward to seeing some that I was at...
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

If XXX Large isn't big enough it may be time to put down the donut. lol
user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

First shirt in the collection and it's a show I was at!
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Would you say that to Bill Walton? Heads come in all shapes and sizes, brother. Diversity is a spice of life.
user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

I was all set, saw this first thing this am and put one in my cart, went through all that and when it came time to pay I saw the real price, with tax and shipping 35.00, closed cart and went away, why so much shipping charge? this shirt weights about what 6 oz. What next? stitching fees? lol
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

I'm not sure I'm understanding the concept. So this was based on an interpretation of the 7/4/89 release? It has nothing to do with anything from the actual venue, on the specific date?
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

I bought the shirt though, already delivered and wearing it right now. If you are in the market for a new tee, I suggest the Anthem of the Sun shirt. The new take or updated artwork for this 4th of July is a little sloppy in my opinion. Rhino look at examples from Greek June 1986 artwork, that is a proper bus driver lol
user picture

Member for

7 years 9 months

Is to sell some merch :) I see it as a retro tour shirt, bsaically. A casual observer wouldn't know that you didn't get it at the show in 89. You could make up some wild story about Truckin Up to Buffalo with a couple buddies and a sheet of blotter. Unless you already had such a story and didnt have to make one up . . . I like this shirt. I'm generally opposed to having a concert shirt for a concert I didnt actually attend tho. But its cool. I'm surprised they didnt do the 7-7 show and tie it in with MUATM. There's some cross promotional synergies right there.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

The people at the top should have taken your suggestions lol , I'm still wearing the shirt now, forgot to shower. The shirt reminds me a little of when liquid blue around 2010 was picking specific shows and creating shirts for them. Hampton March 1986 was one, 7.2.89 foxboro, other ones I have seen are from L.A Forum, Philly Spectrum both 90s For 7.7.89 they should use the same graphic as this 7.4.89 and just swap dates. just kidding once was bad enough. 1989 Summer Tour has one of my all-time favorite dead shirts , the bandana wearing keyboard player smoking, it would have been cool to see an homage to that shirt. Got the feeling the Citifield Dead and Company 2018 poster was a tribute to the Summer 1989 Reonegro image Rhino release a tee with Live Dead cover art / images, front and back if possible !!! I have the AOXOMOXOA tee from GDM mid 90s, I would most likely buy a new one ( love the Anthem shirt ) if the 50th anniversary tees are done, but a Live Dead tee would be awesome as well ! Been spinning Orpheum 1976 , 8.27.72 , and Dicks Picks 6 Hartford ~ 10.14.83 for most of weekend 10.14.83 !!! They Love Each Other Althea Scarlet - > Fire -> Estimated Eyes -> Drums -> Jam - The Other One -> Stella Blue !!!
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

man, that shirt is ugly! IMO small tasteful graphics are the way to go. i don't want someone to be able to read my t-shirt from a block away. ----
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

Yah, If XXX-Large isn't big enough, you have bigger issues than finding a nifty novelty T. No offense, but it reminds me of the Seinfeld stand-up about laundry: "Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem." I'm with ya Patagonia... the best Dead merch is stealth Dead merch... A sly lightning bolt, a carrion crow, the eagle graphic from Go To Heaven, Turtles, Kelly-Mouse art, Jerry's guitar inlays.... Something that elicits a wink from a fellow head but no one else recognizes. I'm suspicious of billboard Deadheads. On the other hand, I think the shirt accompanying the new box set is awesome!
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

Hot pink Anthem writing embossed a little, on purple tee. Coolest tee they have sold on this site in years , even better than the 1973-1974 Pacific Northwest tee !! Way better seen them all in person Jerry guitar inlay tee, I got a few with Rosebud, Alligator, and Tiger. Those are cool Some of my favorite dead shirts are not stealth at all lol AOXOMOXOA cover art , very trippy Europe 72 tee the ice cream kid on front and Rainbow with boot and globe on the back Sly lightning bolt ? Lol I got a tee from 1985 with a lightning bolt almost 2 feet long , front has a jumble of skulls on it with red white and blue blurred together
product sku
081227924881 081227924898 081227924904 081227924911 081227924935 081227924942