• 200 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    DAVE'S PICKS 2019 SUBSCRIPTION

Well, starting out our 9th year of the Dave's Picks series, you might be asking, "how can they outdo the previous 28 Dave's Picks?" We sure are aiming to do so! As you'd expect, we receive many suggestions and requests for releases, and one of the top vote-getters on a consistent basis is 2/26/77, and we're thrilled to start the year with such an exceptional, sought-after show. Just as we started 2018 with an upper-echelon A+ Dead show (11/6/77 Binghamton, NY), that's exactly how we're beginning 2019. And just like the three spectacular shows that followed in 2018 (11/17/71 Albuquerque, NM; 9/2/83 Boise, ID; and 6/17/76 Passaic, NJ), we're planning on an equally strong 2019, filled with surprises and excellent playing throughout. Exciting times ahead! Thanks to everyone who's supported the series both from its inception in 2012, to all of the more recent subscribers. We REALLY appreciate the faith you have in us to consistently deliver great Dead shows to your door four times per year with the Dave's Picks series. We work hard on all aspects of our releases to make sure you'll be as thrilled with the finished, delivered CD as we are. Dave's Picks Vol. 29 will likely go down as one of the most well-received Picks in the series, and the show we're considering for Vol. 30 (plus the Bonus Disc!) will be another smashingly wonderful release. As all of the subscription hoopla indicates, there are plenty of benefits to subscribing, not least of which is ensuring you'll definitely receive all four releases in 2019. It's going to be a great year! Thanks again for coming along for the ride; great times ahead!

David Lemieux

October 2018

You just can't get enough! And neither can we. The Dave's Picks Series is summer love, spring, fall, and winter. So in 2019 we're turning up the Dave's Picks production run to 20,000 of each of the four releases. We've said it before and we'll say it again - while this means there will be more to go around, the best advice we have to give is... subscribe. When these releases go up for sale a la carte, they sell out within hours. Hours. No hyperbole here. The only way to avoid disappointment and be guaranteed all four Dave's Picks in 2019 is to subscribe.

In addition to the four CD releases in 2019, totaling 12 CDs, you’ll also get the subscription-exclusive bonus disc, which has proven to be one of the most highly sought after collectables we’ve ever released and free domestic shipping. Subscriber bonus discs will not be released outside of this offer. Early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92). EARLY BIRD SUBS WILL END ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2018 AT 11:59PM.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • cactus68
    Default Avatar

I would love to see 6/10/1973 w Allman Bros as a Dave’s Picks release!!

• perithecat

Too true ice cream too true .
    And I always get stuffed with import taxes to the uk when ive paid over the odds on eBay .
    Long live the subscription and all they throw at us in box sets .

• icecrmcnkd

Subscription.

$100 - free shipping, a guaranteed copy (no guarantee that the CDs won’t skip), and a bonus disc.

If you don’t do it you have no one else to blame but yourself.

• perithecat

Fair play and well put . I take on board what you say . To be honest now I’ve got a subscription I guess it’s not really my problem any more and anyone who moans should just do the same . I’m quite lucky as my birthday is a month before Christmas and a couple of weeks after the subscriptions go on sale so it’s the ideal joint present seeing as I never used to know what to say when people ask what I want .
    Hopefully rhino will have a better year of it this year after last years disc skipping fiasco .

• Mind-Left-Body

I once thought the way you do. Then someone on here explained it in a way that makes sense. Which is basically that a third or more go to resellers. With the internet, distribution is simple. We all basiaclly get them at wholesale for a short duration (Dave's Picks subscription period), then the prices go up (eBay period). Rhino isn't going to settle for selling a third less by limiting orders too much. They're much happier selling 20 thousand Dave's Picks a quarter than 12 thousand. Can't blame them, it's a business. And I'm okay with it because 1) I have a subscription, and 2) a shitily run business is always going to go out of business. And then there's no Dead releases for anyone anymore. No thanks, I'd rather see Rhino prosper and I get my 4 releases + box sets. That's how it is and that's best for anyone who wants more Dead.

• perithecat

Loving the artwork and cant wait for it's arrival .

Here's my 2 bob's worth for what its for :-

I'm a newbie on the whole dave's picks scene no 28 was the first one I bought and I subscribed as soon as I could for this years , so that I could complete 2018's collection I ended up paying over the odds on ebay for 25/26&27 and this has got me thinking - surely the maximum purchase should be one per person because as far as I can see people are buying the extra copy for there good friend Mr E.Bay !
    Surely a few copies left in rhinos warehouse alongside happy deadheads is better than unhappy heads having to pay up for someone else's profit .

• cactus68
    Default Avatar

Does anyone know when the CD ships for 2019 subscribers?

• 80sfan
    Default Avatar

Hi everyone - hope you all had a happy new year.

Not sure how many of you are on twitter, but Dave posted this email he got and I felt I had to share...too funny

https://twitter.com/lemieuxdavid/status/1081193251858567168

• cactus68
    Default Avatar
    Plangent Process The Dave's Picks!! (cactus)

I second that motion! The stream on archive.org shows the potential for DP29 and the 1970(SP30) surely needs Plangent.

• RI Tom

I am a longtime subscriber to the series and would like the powers at be to please consider using Plangent Process on all Dave's Picks releases. It's our community's dedication to the highest quality to seek the best, and a show can't sound its best without the Plangent Process. I would pay a premium on the subscription price for Plangent Processed Dave's Picks. Thanks for your consideration!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

DAVE'S PICKS 2019 SUBSCRIPTION

Well, starting out our 9th year of the Dave's Picks series, you might be asking, "how can they outdo the previous 28 Dave's Picks?" We sure are aiming to do so! As you'd expect, we receive many suggestions and requests for releases, and one of the top vote-getters on a consistent basis is 2/26/77, and we're thrilled to start the year with such an exceptional, sought-after show. Just as we started 2018 with an upper-echelon A+ Dead show (11/6/77 Binghamton, NY), that's exactly how we're beginning 2019. And just like the three spectacular shows that followed in 2018 (11/17/71 Albuquerque, NM; 9/2/83 Boise, ID; and 6/17/76 Passaic, NJ), we're planning on an equally strong 2019, filled with surprises and excellent playing throughout. Exciting times ahead! Thanks to everyone who's supported the series both from its inception in 2012, to all of the more recent subscribers. We REALLY appreciate the faith you have in us to consistently deliver great Dead shows to your door four times per year with the Dave's Picks series. We work hard on all aspects of our releases to make sure you'll be as thrilled with the finished, delivered CD as we are. Dave's Picks Vol. 29 will likely go down as one of the most well-received Picks in the series, and the show we're considering for Vol. 30 (plus the Bonus Disc!) will be another smashingly wonderful release. As all of the subscription hoopla indicates, there are plenty of benefits to subscribing, not least of which is ensuring you'll definitely receive all four releases in 2019. It's going to be a great year! Thanks again for coming along for the ride; great times ahead!

David Lemieux

October 2018

You just can't get enough! And neither can we. The Dave's Picks Series is summer love, spring, fall, and winter. So in 2019 we're turning up the Dave's Picks production run to 20,000 of each of the four releases. We've said it before and we'll say it again - while this means there will be more to go around, the best advice we have to give is... subscribe. When these releases go up for sale a la carte, they sell out within hours. Hours. No hyperbole here. The only way to avoid disappointment and be guaranteed all four Dave's Picks in 2019 is to subscribe.

In addition to the four CD releases in 2019, totaling 12 CDs, you’ll also get the subscription-exclusive bonus disc, which has proven to be one of the most highly sought after collectables we’ve ever released and free domestic shipping. Subscriber bonus discs will not be released outside of this offer. Early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92). EARLY BIRD SUBS WILL END ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2018 AT 11:59PM.

Found a way to defeat the captcha monsta.

I have Firefox running with a bunch of script blockers, etc.
This prevents the captcha monsta from attacking and I only have to check a box that says,

"I am not a robot."

user picture

Member for

6 years 2 months

Actually 2/26/77 isn't an obvious choice at all, considering it wasn't in the Vault two years ago, and there's no published list of what they recovered along with Cornell. It's a monster show, even for 1977, easily top 5. The Terrapin isn't just the first Terrapin, it's a somewhat different Terrapin, and to my preference, because of the way the vocals go during the climax (more of a Jerry thing than a chorus). It's also #1 on Heady Version by over twice the votes. It has a top shelf Playing / Wheel / Playing (the Playing is number 4 and the Wheel is number 2 on HV). The Eyes of the World is a Phil Fest at the end. And the Help-Slip-Franklin is #4 on HV (and if you read the comments, this one is all about the Slipknot, which would probably graduate from the #4 spot to the #1 spot if Slipknot's were ranked individually, but 4 gets the point across). Even New Minglewood Blues is #2 on Heady. I don't mean to sound condescending, but you really just don't seem to know much about anything pre80s. Oh, plus the 2/27 filler. This thing is a sock-knocker. Get on board whooooot whoooooot!

user picture

Member for

10 years 11 months

In reply to by Trainwrecked

Looking forward to 2019 Dave's Picks. Happy the production has been upped so other ones can get in. Best way to go is to subscribe early and get the discounts. Hoping the series gets back to the primal era at least once and perhaps breaks into 88-91! Peace!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 4 months

Although I am happy to get another Betty board in my collection with the first release of 2019, I am tired of the neglect that the Vince and Bruce years have received. There are some great shows in the canon. Please release one this year. It is not right to neglect this part of the bands history because you feel the playing isn’t as crisp, on some good nights I would disagree. A lot of us were there ! Thanks for letting me rant ! The late Dead is just as important as any other era !

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 4 months

In reply to by SPACEBROTHER

We w at some 91 to 95 Dead. It is being avoided, and is still an important part of the canon, and there are some great shows. I hope they release one this year !

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

The Terrapin for 2/26 had been a personal favorite from the first time I heard it. The first section is played at a slightly faster tempo and allows Jerry to put a little tight twang into his solo, rather than the more languid, lyrical approach they ultimately decided upon. I find it works quite well and I wish they brought it back from time to time. Brings another narrative frame to the story being told. As it is, its a one-off but that's what makes it special.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

2/26/77 is a top notch show. I had it on tape back in the day so it will be great to get it as a Normanized upgrade. Really 1977 is top to bottom just a great year for the band so just about any release from that year will be good. The 2/26 show has remnants of 1976 set lists with a 77 performance. I love the first set Playin’ > The Wheel > Playin’. The first Terrapin and a Help > Slipknot > Franklin's are great. I guess this show could be called “transitional Dead”. Plus we are getting what's contained in the vault for the next night 2/27. Really can't beat it.

I hope future releases will include the March 77 Winterland shows - that could even make for a nice box set. I am still hoping for a 4/8/71, 10/18/72, and 12/1/79. Also some 1970 shows, maybe November would be great if they are ever returned to the vault.

Now I know that many are hoping for more variety in the releases, especially 80s and 90s shows. I will always maintain that I will be happy with whatever Dave and Co. decide to release, I trust them. However I do hope though that variety is not ever used as a main factor for a Dave's Picks release. Now I know that sound quality has been used as a primary reason for selection as well; I think a great example is Dave's 22 (12/7/71 Felt Forum) show which is a returned Betty Board. I am not saying I hate this show, but I like the 12/6 show better. Although 12/7 sounds great and is well played it lacks the jamming. In the variety angle, I know there are many underrepresented years, and I know this may seem like I provoking an argument, but many of those years do not represent the best of the band. I am not saying that there aren't good shows in those years but comparatively when held to other years they just don't do it for me. Again this is my opinion. I think if it comes down to a good show from say 1973 and a good show from 1984, I hope they go with 1973 show. Both can certainly be good shows but given the respective years it is hard not to think the 1973 will be better overall - my opinion here.

On a similar thought, I would love to see a return of the View from the Vault series. Getting the option of both video and audio releases of shows is great. This would be a great way to approach the 1987-1995 time span. I am not sure if the vault contains video from 86 or before, but I think the later shows should be seen and heard if possible. We are not going to have that option for the older shows.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Gratefulhan

....move me brightly indeed. The learning curve is tough with this websites transition, but starting to get the hang of it. Starting....Tough Mama.

user picture

Member for

7 years 3 months

I was just talking with my brother today about this year as we carved tombstones (2" R-20 insulation foam, when painted and aged, is very convincing) in preparation for Halloween. #captcha

It just seems like whenever you ask someone for their favorite version of a song, you've got a good chance of having them cite a '77 show. So we put on May 19, 1977 and rocked the afternoon away.

Ah, at last, the Swing Auditorium show. March 20, 1977 was one of the first tapes I ever collected #captcha followed by May 7, 8, and 9, 1977. But the strength of that March Winterland show made me want to collect more stuff from earlier in the year just to hear the band catch fire and stay hot. The Swing gig did not disappoint. I gave away all of my cassettes about 15 years ago and I haven't heard this show since then. It's going to be a little bit like coming home. #captcha

Thanks, Dave! My copy of DaP 28 arrived today and I just finished listening to H->S->F. Really good stuff. A Dave's Pick's sub is the best value in music going. Don't miss out, kids. On that note, here's hoping for 6/28/85 as DaP 31.

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

I'm posted this on the Dave's 28 page too because there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on the subscription page.

I'm excited for the Swing show! Of course, I immediately subscribed, even though the funds are tight (don't tell the wife! :) Probably a little hasty, and could have waited until payday next week, but I had visions of the sub selling out considering the way that these things have been selling - foolish, I know, but my reason tends to get clouded when dealing with new Dead releases... plus, if the Swing don't bring them in, I don't know what else would (maybe RFK 73.)

Count me among those hoping for more diversity with the rest of the picks. I would love to see the remaining 3 picks come from under represented eras. I would LOVE to see a Fall 79 pick (top 3 tour of all time IMO,) maybe a Bruce 91 show, and something from the primal era... maybe a double dose of 68 (I bet two shows could fit on 3 discs, or maybe for the bonus disc pick.) Anyway, I love it all, but the band changed so drastically over their run that I would like to see their various sounds well represented. Plus, there seem to be great sounding recordings from all of those periods available, (maybe a little rough in 68, but let Norman work his magic!)

Patiently awaiting the arrival of Capitol 76 while enjoying the "other" Cape Cod 79 show. Nice mellow listening for a lazy Sunday.

Have a great day, DeadLand!

Peace

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

Wow very exited for this one! What a great show! Already looking forward to it and I haven't even been able to listen to #28 yet. I have all the DaPs so far (except for one pesky bonus disc that somehow escaped) and this show is a must have so I'm subscribed again.

user picture

Member for

6 years 2 months

Yeah I just can't get used to this. Oh well, it was fun for a while. They should revert the changes. I go to the concert archive and search by year, and everything seems to be posted at random, where it used to be chronological order. There's a drop-down that lets you sort by venue or year, but once you put your year in, like I said the shows are there seemingly at random. And what's the point of searching for a show by venue in alphabetical order. That's a nice feature, if the default listing is by chronological order, but as it stands (as best I can tell), you have know the venue to find a show. The shows should have remained in chronological order.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

I wish they would have left the site the same!Extremely difficult to navigate.I hope everyone is enjoying Dave's 28.Peace.

Somewhat surprisingly, I don't seem to have any problem navigating these troubled waters-I'm easily thrown off course by technological change as a rule. But I am not finding it particularly stimulating visiting these pages anymore. I used to feel like responding to posts all the time-and posting thoughts of my own independent of what had already been posted. And just reading what other people thought. Now I just seem to have a quick check to see what's been posted before heading off somewhere else.
I wonder why the board was changed? Where I worked, change was normally instigated to save money-but I can't figure out why these changes were effected. Maybe they are trying to get rid of a few people! If so, the changes made have been an unqualified success.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

I would have to say that my favorite Traffic song, or song suite, would have to be the Glad-Freedom Rider combo from the John Barleycorn Must Die album. I remember tuning into a radio at a hotel after a Dead show in Hartford, probably '86, maybe '87, and hearing that for the first time, or at least really noticing it for the first time, and ever since it just hits the spot. Sometimes acid does some etching.

Daverock, your comment pretty much summed up my feelings - I can navigate the site ok but there is some nebulous quality missing from the dialogue, a missing je ne sais quoi. I am hoping that things will get back the way they were, but who knows. Everything ends sometime, but hopefully maybe not just yet.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Far out. Saw in the local paper today that the state FWP trapped a young male Grizzly bear on the local golf course. No joke, just Montana local news.

user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

I also have found myself checking this sight a lot less, I know it is new so i will give it time. Remember how mad everyone got when they changed fb. I do have to say the amount of spam sneaking through is rivaling a few months ago on the tapers section. the 30 days will force us here... ha ha have a good night bob t

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Actually, I do know about this show. have had it in my collection for 20+ years. Cornell '77 wasn't in the vault either, but has always been an obvious choice. I gotten much mileage from this show over the years, though probably haven't heard it since the 90's.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 9 months

In reply to by wilfredtjones

28/9, 29/9, 1/10 & 2/10 would make a monster box set.

2/10 may be my all time favourite. Definitely my favourite Truckin' jam! The rest of it just absolutely spot on, if not necessarily best ever versions. Much like 26/2 in that regards which is super smooth and tight too!

I heard Dave once say there was just one 77 show they didn't have, did he mean 27/2 as incomplete? From memory the other candidates would be 26th April or 4th June? Both of which aren't essential... 27/2 is probably THE lost gem when it comes to 77, very excited by the bonus material!

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

Dave's Picks = antidote to society's ills.

Hooray for Dave!!!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 9 months

Thanks, but that's an AUD isn't it? Decent sounding one though.

26/4 is maybe the worst of 77 for me, no SBD and the AUD that I have isn't great either, plus the show itself isn't stellar.

At least we have 4 out of 5 of the 77 Dews officially released now. I would love an upgrade of the 27/4 to complete the set!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

Walked in to the local record store the other day and found ten un-opened copies of the latest Dave's Picks, priced nearly double the cost here. Strong argument for a subscription, or perhaps the folks here at Dead Net could put a limit on how many copies one person can buy? How is it possible that every pick ends up in such large quantities in the record store?

user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

I've always been a long time fan of 2/26/77. First eyes & terrapin and they are good versions. I always wished a nice board for 2/27/77 would surface, but not sure how likely that is if it wasn't in the recently recovered/restored Betty boards.

Dave's been doing a great job picking new releases. A large number of shows that have always been on my radar have been released, Volume 29 just strikes another off the list. I would really like an official release of 8/13/79, and 10/18/78, or maybe a "From Egypt With Love" box set with all four shows here (some material has been released from the four, not exactly sure how much so maybe not possible).

Someone else also suggested additional material from fall of 77 which is a great idea as well. I also agree that 10/2/77 was a terrific show and probably the best of the bunch. It starts with Casey Jones and there are some mic problems so its really stretched out while the crew works on fixing the technical problems. Keith does a good job here helping to fill in.

If I had to pick some 80's candidates, I would like to see the 4/26/83 show from the spectrum released. The Let It Grow here is absolutely smokin'. I've also always been a big fan of the alpine valley shows form 89. I know 7/17/89 has been released, but would love official releases for 7/18 & 7/19. There is even video available, so maybe a nice new blu-ray box set (include just the music as well please :-) )?

user picture

Member for

7 years

I'm locked in !! It's x-mas 4 times a year again.

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

Caught Bob Dylan last night. Great setlist, great new arrangements and a great band behind Bob. He look great and sang and played the piano and the harmonica very well. A couple of songs, he came out from behind the piano and held the mic stand and sang out front with the band, he's still got it. The best thing was the fact that they did not allow any cell phone use, if you were caught videoing or recording with your cell phone, or any other electronic device, you were ushered out the door. There was an announcement before the show and a card handed out at the door stating if you try to video or record, the show would be stopped and you would be removed with no refund. The ushers did a good job and did not allow anyone to be seated after the show started except in between songs, so if you were not in your seat, you had to stand by the entrance door until that song was over, very cool. Thank you Bob for that, it was like the good old days, no cell phones, no selfish people with their phone up in the air trying to record the show, just a good time had by most, except the few who tried to break the rules. They had a bad nite.

user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

My iPod pushed TWO Dark Stars at me during my driving yesterday.
The first was from 92 (I didn't catch the exact date) and was LOVELY.
The second was from 5/15/70 and was QUADRUPLE LOVELY.
Conclusions: 68-74 Dark Stars are more amazing than 89-93 Dark Stars,
but any Dark Star is better than no Dark Star.
Let's have some Dark Stars in Dave's2019!
And let's have another release from 1970! Perhaps a mini-box of a full "Evening With The Grateful Dead" 2-show night. The Road Trips chop-job of 5/15/70 was almost complete and well done, but I mourn the lack of an official release of the full night...

Whining:
My DaP28 does stutter in the first part of Let It Grow on CD3, making this my second Dead purchase in a row with a stutter (PNW Best Of Birdsong had the same problem).
Still having to play games to log in. Got emailed "log in" last night when my password was not recognized AGAIN. But couldn't get this page to show me as logged in. Opened the site today and it showed me already logged in , including on this page!

Anyway, Dark Stars! 1970 shows!
So be it!

user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

Definitely a strong argument for buying a subscription. But I think probably half of the 18,000 Dave's Picks go to people who buy multiple copies, and the better the sales numbers are for Dave's Picks, the longer the series will continue to go on for. The number of production copies is up to 20,000 a year since Dave's Picks started in 2012 (it's nearly doubled). If the series and box sets hadn't done well in the first 10 years of their 10-year contract, Rhino almost certainly wouldn't have re-upped. The fact of the matter is that retailers buy from dead net and have played a significant role in the ongoing success of the Vault release program that we all love. So I say keep the multiple copies going and buy a subscription.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 9 months

I had read some discussion about 26/4 on Youtube, but never got round to checking it out thanks (probably because the show isn't top priority for me).

I think perhaps 27/4 would be my most wanted upgrade of all!

@cpjalbert

That was me going on about 2/10, yes I would agree it's the best of the four musically, but 1/10 and 2/10 probably less in need of an upgrade than 28/9 and 29/9.

29/9 let's see... from memory... Franklin's - Wow! and Stella>GDTRFB - Wow! and another super, churning Fall 77 Let it Grow!

Maybe 29/9 is up there with 2/10 after all!

user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

No complaints whatsoever about Rhino's business model or any product release. This catalogue is really something, unlike anything else. With the live shows... Saint Owsley.

It's fun hearing the latest releases, but really, it's just another grain of sand on an already existing beach.

I play cd's in my car. And I always will. My latest idea was to pull one song, in some cases up to three or four off of every Grateful Dead album in my collection. Well over four hundred shows. I'm burning that now as I get ready for MNF.

Can't wait to listen to this ear candy on the road... uninterrupted listening bliss.

\m/

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

send 45 a message, your evil, hateful ways will not be tolerated in this country.

long time tripping...

Time was, comments would flood in by the dozens. all kinds of fun things.

but now...an electronic wasteland in Cybertown.

probably good for my time management. but I miss the old days.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

That's about all I've been seeing for the past week's weather.

I got in a pretty good chunk of Dick's Picks 34, Dave's Picks 25 and 12, and the Seneca show bonus tracks plus sound board equals the entire thing. But I only listened to the highlights. Because who has time to listen to all of it. When I retire. Two shows a day end-to-end.

Now I'm into the Winterland 1973 box set. This thing gets better everytime I listen to it, and I loved it from day one. The anniversary dates are coming up so might as well. The sound is incredible. I just listened to Here Comes Sunshine, which was the first version I ever heard, and it's been awhile since I put that one on. Still one of my top 5, possibly 4. I would say you would be hard-pressed to find better audio for 1973 than what we have on this Winterland 1973: The Complete Recordings. I used to think it was a little high in the mid range, but I'm pretty sure hours of loud listening, and I mean high volume, has neutralize the sensitivity for 1973 and 1974 high mid-range shows. So they all sound normal to me now. You certainly won't find any low Jerry on here. I'm pretty sure even though it's out of print that you can get copies for under 200. Just gotta poke around.

user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

In reply to by Pete47

Yes that's one I am also looking out for

Stand alone release or in box set.

I really hope the Rhinos send out March 1977 Winterland Box Set, some really awesome 2nd sets from those 3 nights

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

the sun is shining, the birds are singing, balance has been restored to the country. Celebration time. dreading, I sent you a pm, but just in case you are afraid to open it here's a summary: I think you are confusing hate with patriotism and passion, but that's ok, you can do that now without fear of retaliation. Long live the republic. God bless America.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Waiting for the next DaP is always roughest about 2 weeks into the current one. I've listened to 28 a half dozen times. Ready for a new one. Especially this Swing show. I emailed DL a couple of years ago to see if it was in the Vault, and he said no, so this must be one of the returned shows. I wonder how many total shows were recovered - anybody have a pulse on that?

Yes, would make a great set, prefer the June Winterland overall though....

18/3/77 that's the one with the "different" Terrapin isn't it? and 1st FOTM...

Could be my favourite Sugaree too, all the Spring 77 ones are perfect with some lovely peaks, but the 18/3 one has some added playfulness and uniqueness!

I'd just like a complete set of pristine 77 really, from 26/2 to 31/12 - my "Desert Island Dead" if someone told me I could never listen to any other years I wouldn't be too unhappy, but would miss Cumberland and Shakedown!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 9 months

In reply to by KeithFan2112

Still waiting for my DAP28 here in the UK, anyone else from here had theirs yet?

user picture

Member for

6 years 6 months

Certainly nothing wrong with 1977. It's pretty much like 1972, in that the performances are nearl

Fuck this. It took me three times to log in and then once I was logged in I had to verify street lights two different times and crosswalks once, in the middle of writing a paragraph. And I can't even see the pictures I'm supposed to be clicking on a cell phone . Fuck this. I'm done here. Captcha this deadnet, I'm flipping you the middle finger.

user picture

Member for

11 years 3 months

My My...people certainly can get salty, not that I blame them as I'm pretty much set in my ways and hate to deal with change...that being said I wanted to address those who were commenting on 1977...yesterday was my 68th Birthday...My Mother-In-Law always sends me a $100 Amazon Email Gift Card...My Wife explained to her that rather then send it on my birthday to send it a week earlier so that whatever I pick gets here by said date...so today i received in the mail Road Trips Vol 1 No 2 October '77....I know some here don't like the mish mosh of shows for this series but I like it...to me it's all Killer No Filler...Anyway it came today and lo and behold it included the Bonus Disc...Joy Joy Happy Happy...I had read that the Bonus Disc was a thing of the past and not to expect it, but hey...I lead a charmed life....hasta and good tripping y'all...

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/dave-s-picks-2019-subscription.html