• 220 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    As we head into our 9th year of the Dave's Picks series, we're as excited as we were in mid-2011 when we conceived of the future of the Grateful Dead's archival release series. We had a clear vision, a terrific team that is still largely in place, and unlimited enthusiasm for the series, and the Dead's music. Now, almost 10 years later, we are just as excited about the Dave's Picks series as we were then. Even more so, actually. We've increased the amount of CDs we press to ensure that it's available much more widely, and we've dug very deep into the vault to make sure that we continue to produce A+ Grateful Dead concerts into what we hope will be cornerstones of your music collection for decades to come. We look back on our 2019 releases, with concerts from 1977, very early 1970 (might as well be 1969), late 1979 (might as well be 1980), and our final installment of the year, from 1973, and it thrills us to see such variety and excellence, which we hope to match (and ideally surpass!) in 2020. Beginning the year with the classic 10/29/77 show from DeKalb, we're already giddy at what's shaping up to be another great year in the Grateful Dead archival release world.

We'd also like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you for coming along on the Dave's Picks journey. It's been an incredible trip so far, one we hope to keep going for many years, and we owe it all to your interest, support, and input. We love what we do because you continue to dig what we do.

Summer love, spring, fall, and winter - you can do the Dead all year long with a Dave's Picks 2020 subscription. To accommodate the increased demand, we're taking the production run up to 22,000 for each of the four Dave's Picks 2020 releases. As always, your best bet is to subscribe because when these releases go up for sale a la carte, they sell out within hours. No joke - hours.

In addition to the four CD releases in 2020, totaling 12 CDs, you’ll also get the subscription-exclusive bonus disc, which has proven to be one of the most highly sought after collectables we’ve ever released, and free domestic shipping. Subscriber bonus discs will not be released outside of this offer. Early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92).

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Brotherbob81
    Default Avatar

Thanks brother! ✌😎👍

• Scott Mitchell
    Default Avatar

Not sure if your copy arrived but mine was received in New Brunswick on the 9th of September.

• gnoll5
    Default Avatar

Still waiting...I realize the whole covid thing has created delays to Canada, but this is crazy wait...

• billy the kid
    Looks like Rain/ Dave's Picks 2021 subscriptions

The subscriptions go on sale at the end of October and run into January. If you buy the first two or three weeks you get it on the early bird special for about
    $ 99.00. then it goes up to $115.00, or something like that.

• Looks Like Rain ohh

When do the subscriptions usually go on sale? I'm wanting to sign up (already) for a 2021 subscription. I'm on the newsletter/email list so I assume they'll email me...does anyone know?

• kep
    Default Avatar

Listening to v34 now, and scanning the complete list of Dave's Picks, and just bumming on the lack of apparent interest in shows other than the 70s. Seriously, just three from the (very early) 80s and none at all from the 90s... out of 34 releases? How about mixing it up a bit more? Please? Would be extremely grateful...

• Jimbobwe

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/grateful-dead-daves-picks-2020-s…

• Colin Gould

BOLINAS2
    The subscription window closed around 2 months ago. You can buy #34 on 21st April and the other two later in the year but the numbers are likely to be limited so you will need to order them the day they become available. As far as I know #33 is sold out so will only be available from third part sellers.
    I suggest checking you are still registered with dead.net to get their email updates.

• bolinas2
    Default Avatar

Echoing others questions about ability to subscribe a bit late to 2020- also a regular subscriber who missed the pre-order email. No "add to cart" button...Possible to subscribe? Admin- any thoughts?

• ralphm1948
    Default Avatar

I need to get the 2020 series. Unfortunately I was not able to order before the pre order process closed. I have always ordered the Dave’s picks series and would appreciate being able to continue with the collection. How may I acquire this set ? The Pope

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

As we head into our 9th year of the Dave's Picks series, we're as excited as we were in mid-2011 when we conceived of the future of the Grateful Dead's archival release series. We had a clear vision, a terrific team that is still largely in place, and unlimited enthusiasm for the series, and the Dead's music. Now, almost 10 years later, we are just as excited about the Dave's Picks series as we were then. Even more so, actually. We've increased the amount of CDs we press to ensure that it's available much more widely, and we've dug very deep into the vault to make sure that we continue to produce A+ Grateful Dead concerts into what we hope will be cornerstones of your music collection for decades to come. We look back on our 2019 releases, with concerts from 1977, very early 1970 (might as well be 1969), late 1979 (might as well be 1980), and our final installment of the year, from 1973, and it thrills us to see such variety and excellence, which we hope to match (and ideally surpass!) in 2020. Beginning the year with the classic 10/29/77 show from DeKalb, we're already giddy at what's shaping up to be another great year in the Grateful Dead archival release world.

We'd also like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you for coming along on the Dave's Picks journey. It's been an incredible trip so far, one we hope to keep going for many years, and we owe it all to your interest, support, and input. We love what we do because you continue to dig what we do.

Summer love, spring, fall, and winter - you can do the Dead all year long with a Dave's Picks 2020 subscription. To accommodate the increased demand, we're taking the production run up to 22,000 for each of the four Dave's Picks 2020 releases. As always, your best bet is to subscribe because when these releases go up for sale a la carte, they sell out within hours. No joke - hours.

In addition to the four CD releases in 2020, totaling 12 CDs, you’ll also get the subscription-exclusive bonus disc, which has proven to be one of the most highly sought after collectables we’ve ever released, and free domestic shipping. Subscriber bonus discs will not be released outside of this offer. Early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92).

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

It's like: Which present from your kids do you like the most at Christmas? C'mon, they're all good. Trust in Dave.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

After hearing Jerry during the 1970's, the mid '80's into the 90's is a tough go, for me. Jerry went from being lead guitar to being a band member, it seemed. The Dead played for decades, but playing music isn't the same thing as making it. It's the "element" that makes jazz and bluegrass so unique. Making the music live, right there in the moment. Jerry seemed to lose that towards the end. It was sad to experience, and sad to hear.

user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

Judging from the cover of DP 33, and the other examples of Dave Kloc's work, seems like 2020 will be an excellent year for great art, at least in this series. I haven't always been thrilled with some of the covers we've gotten. Case in point - looking at the new "Ready or Not" here this morning. The album is fantastic, as are the photos, but not a fan of the illustration on the front. Welcome to Dave K.! The design for the DeKalb show is wicked and whimsical.

user picture

Member for

7 years 11 months

... I love how it’s a giant poppy plant bulb, filled with colorful field of poppy flowers like in the Movie ‘The Wizard Of Zoz’ With a laying or sinking ?! Skelton & Crow! Pretty cool , I love it! ❤️🙏💀🌹

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Thanks to hendrixfreak for pulling in my favorite venue to the thread. Agreed the '79 shows are worthy with Brent's new jazzy playing and the McNichols the next night was solid with Jerry teasing Nobody's Fault But Mine throughout the second set jam. Like you, I don't remember much of the third night. I did like Red Rocks August '78 pair of shows more than most reviewers but maybe I was ready for a more precise and practiced show after getting my brain handed to me the month before at what we called "the werewolf show" (7-8-78). The August shows debuted six new songs from Shakedown and the one I was most surprised that no one liked was Jerry's new slow song, If I Had the World to Give, which I thought could slip right in where Wharf Rat was or later, the better realized slow one, Standing on the Moon, might fit in. Never happened. They must have all given up on it as it was only played three times I think. And another great '80s pair of shows comes to mind: 6-7,8-80 Folsom Field, Boulder. Venue was not as cool as Red Rocks but the (15th anniversary) shows were great.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 4 months

In reply to by Dark-Star

Gee, talk about hostility dude, sounds like you have a full plate! If you haven’t noticed I am far from being the only person posting about being impacted from this lengthy “warehouse move”. Moving a warehouse should not be an excuse for failing to respond to customer service requests for months at a time. I have had excellent service from Dr Rhino in the past, hopefully they will get their act together in the future.

Have a great holiday and a happy new year, brother, and may your future purchases of awesome Grateful Dead music arrive undamaged and functional!

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

I'm over the "holidaze" already, looking forward to a few new releases. But I always forget when these things ship. Is #33 flying at the end of January? (Had a killer cassette version of this show 40 years ago. How time flies when you're high as a kite...)

More to come: GarciaLive12, Cream Farewell Tour, and the 2020 GD box from fall '72 (yes, slipping in my most wished for item yet again! ).

Still enjoying the heck out of the NRPS box from Owsley Foundation with Jer monstering away on pedal steel in a variety of environments. I recommend it for the music. But even if that don't get you, purchasing it supports one of the three most important vaults in existence: the GD vault, Owsley's vault and the Jimi vault. (They don't call me HendrixFreak for nothing...)

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Yet another 50 coming around. Hendrix / Band of Gypsies “Machine Gun” is one of the more psychedelic wonders to grace the hallowed space of the Fillmore East. The 50th anniversary of the two nights is December 31 & January 1. And of course January 2&3 is the 50th anniversary of the first Grateful Dead concerts of the 1970s. Also Fillmore East.
Hendrix, a hard act to follow but the good ol Grateful Dead delivered those two nights.
Yes indeed, time flies.
Well as John and Yoko once said; Happy Xmas,
War is Over! if you want it.
Wish it was true.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 4 months

Canadian customer here. A week after receiving Dave's 32 in the mail UPS sent me a bill for $90 to cover the cost of import duties. That's roughly 3x the cost of the three CD set and almost as much as the full subscription itself. Dead/Rhino have yet to return my emails about this issue and it's been months. At this point in time I cannot recommend the subscription to international customers since you will likely find yourself with similar issues and radio silence from Dead dot net's customer service department. Until it has been I will be on every thread warning international customers not to subscribe unless they want to pay 3x the price of the subscription in duties.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Thanks for mentioning the Band of Gypsys box -- obviously as exciting , if not more so, than many other current vault releases. Over the years I've purchased every official and many unofficial BoG releases and so have had the material for decades -- except this new box is from the very master tapes owned by Paul Allen, so this is the end of the archival line. I've only listened to the first disc so far; the box has been here for a couple weeks already. So the time is nigh. Good thing I just re-upped on my Sativa stash...

Also, GarciaLive 12 arrived yesterday, so that bad boy is getting teed up as soon as I listen to disc 5 of Owsley's NRPS box.

Then, in the deep of winter, just before electric Hot Tuna comes to Boulder, we'll get our sweaty little paws on that Cream Farewell Tour box. Perhaps not their peak -- see the October '67 tape from Detroit -- but hey I'll take it and play it loud in the long dark nights of February 2020 when it arrives.

Sure -- in case you're concerned -- I have favorite bands that tour currently (Tedeschi and Trucks, Hot Tuna, Los Lobos) but I'm really excited about all the fantastic archival material being released, and our little band of misfits known as the GD truly lead the way on the archival front. To paraphrase Bill Graham, not only are they the best in the archival release genre, they're in a class by themselves simply by dint of their evolving musicianship and the devotion of their crew to taping.

The Grateful Dead are dead! Long live the Grateful Dead!!

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Back of the net!

user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

Right On.
1974 Gems.

Sixtus

user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

In reply to by Sixtus_

These 2 picks already make this my favorite of the 3 years I have subscribed. Both 33 and 34 are shows that I have wanted to see released for a long time. Thanks Dave!!!!!!!!!

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

A truly classic fall '77 show (Dekalb) coming in ~30 days (a show that transcends its own year) and now, a long-revered '74 show with its 'other night' for bonus disc. Lots of original songs to pick from on the bonus disc, which according to Dave must be all original material -- Bertha, Deal, Sugaree, Playing..., Eyes, Sugar Mag, Wharf Rat...

All just a prelude to the fall '72 box to be announced in June...

Let's face it, I'll never let go of the dream!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 4 months

the best part of this show was already released in the SO MANY ROADS - BOX SET : Let It Rock, Dark Star>Spanish Jam>U.S. Blues.....his one, two punch of 1977>1974 for the first two releases of DP series has become very predictable almost every year...jus sayn

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

A classic. Surprised this and the other night aren't a part of regular commercial release or box. People will be wanting this on vinyl.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 7 months

The best unreleased '77 and '74 shows already announced for 2020. Dave's 35 and 36 could be 6 discs of Jerry snoring and it could still be considered a successful subscription.

And this on the heels of what was arguably the best year of Dave's Picks in 2019....

If you haven't subscribed, do it now. The PITB on the bonus is worth it.

user picture

Member for

6 years 10 months

artwork better have skeleton mermaids

user picture

Member for

15 years 6 months

Playing In The Band 28:48.39
China Cat Sunflower -> 9:51.29
I Know You Rider 5:38.72
Eyes Of The World -> 15:14.47
Wharf Rat -> 9:51.51
Sugar Magnolia 9:28.73

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

50th Workingmans Dead and American Beauty, plus Record Store Day and a box. Not to forget about the Jerry vault releases. Can't keep up.

The new Band of Gypsies release is on my wishlist. Really looking forward to hearing that.

Received the Zappa Hot Rats Sessions for Christmas. Getting ready to dive into that. Hot Rats is the Zappa album that is a safe pick for people who might grapple with his political incorrecectness, but appreciate some fine jamming. I see his name mentioned here periodically. The Grand Wazoo and Sleep Dirt also fit the "safe" introductory into the catalogue of a genius.

Great choice. I have always loved the excerpt on So Many Roads, but have never heard what lead into it or out of it before, so this is...great! Most exciting release for a while, I would say.

user picture

Member for

11 years 5 months

In reply to by fourwindsblow

Will take some fine trimmin' to get that sugar mag on! I have it clocking in at about 83. Copy of this show I have sounds very nice. Listening to that 30, ok 28, minute Playin',,, nice light spacey jam,,,, nice recording.

ok, my mistake, that sug mag has at least 3 minutes of cheering!

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Is there a way to contact Dave Lemieux? I have pictures of the 6/23/74 show, wasn't sure if the Dead might be interested for the upcoming release.

Please advise via PM ASAP...……….

Rock on,

Doc

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by Forensicdoceleven

PM’s currently don’t work.

I think that Dave/GD can be contacted via Twitter or Facebook.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 10 months

In reply to by RV3

I have mixed feelings about these releases,. 10/29/77 is a classic, and arguably the best show of the year, but there's already a pristine SBD recording of it available. It's questionable how much of an upgrade this will be.

The same can be said for the Miami show.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Tried that e-mail, it bounced back...…………….

Doc

user picture

Member for

11 years 2 months

77 and 74 - can't go wrong with that. Looking forward to these releases.
All this talk about the three Kings has made me listen to that disc from Clapton's "Give Me Strength" boxset - "The Freddie King Criteria Studios Sessions". The 35 minutes feature a 22-minute jam on "Gambling Woman Blues". Love that boxset anyway. Gave me lots of strength when I needed it most.
Guten Rutsch to all of you here - which translates something like " slide into the new year well". Nice and easy.

user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

I'm fairly certain that at this point in time the Dave's series for the coming year have already been produced or at least completely finalized, but if they're not that could explain the ridiculous shipping mishaps and delays that sometimes happen.

Can the pictures you have be posted here? I know we used to be able to do that.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

Good morning rockers!!!

Just for clarification:

I am the "custodian" of the images. The original photographer is deceased. When I was given the images, there were certain conditions attached, which were:

1) The images could be sold, but only as a set. NEVER as individual images. Proceeds were to go to a local homeless shelter, reputable veteran's group, or no kill animal shelter. Attempts have been made to sell the images, which always drew out scammers, low ballers, and people who wanted unaltered "samples" that they themselves would sell. Eventually, I gave up trying...…….

2) The images could be returned to the Dead, but only in conjunction with an official release of the show, and not merely because it was "Grateful Dead stuff".

3) Unaltered images were NEVER to be exhibited or posted for free under ANY circumstances.

Gentle reminder: not MY conditions. If the Dead can use them for this release, great. If not, back in the draw they go...….

Rock on,

Doc

user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO DEAD.NET CUSTOMER SERVICE?

IT’S BEEN OVER 2 MONTHS, AND I HAVEN’T RECEIVED MY REPLACEMENT DISC.

I’VE PURCHASED ALMOST EVERYTHING THEY’VE RELEASED OVER THE PAST DECADE, AND THIS IS HOW LOYALTY IS REWARDED.

WHAT A JOKE!

———

user picture

Member for

7 years 11 months

...anyone else in the mood for another 80’s ‘Matrix’ Release/mix for a 2020 Daves Picks Performance?! 🙏❤️💀🌹💀🌹

user picture

Member for

7 years 11 months

...how about a performance from 83’
So, I've I just realized the fall east coast tour of 83 10/8/83-10/22/83 doesn't have a single show I don't just love!!Love 83-85 but a whole tour that keeps me happy is unheard of for me! Funny how they don't release much of 83-85 compared to other years. Oh, also love a LOT of 1984. 🙏❤️😎🌹💀🌹💀🌹

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 5 months

In reply to by Lovemygirl

That June ‘83 run of shows is pure fire. Just don’t see it happening though.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

Keep in mind that variety in the releases can be more than just the year of the show.

It can also refer to the type of show it is. Is it a big tent/widely circulated show? Or is it a hidden gem from the vault? I would want to do a bit of both if I were Dave.

Also, the sound source can be different. Giving pristine masters the Norman treatment is sweet, but I kind of dug the fact that the Warfield release was a Matrix, IIRC (as was Da8). My hope is that if TPTB are willing to issue a Matrix release (at least once in a while) it may enable some shows to get released if there is a missing/problematic master (other acoustic '80 shows, June '83, etc), but good soundboards/aud tapes. Not all the time, but now & then.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 7 months

In reply to by mcgrupp216

On one of the releases laments the fact that there are no usable masters for June '83.

I guess that would include pissible matrix tapes, so maybe my earlier comment makes no sense.

As for the remainder of 2020, I would hope for at least one Pig/Brent show. Only 3 years of Dave's have lacked a Pig show, and we got 2 one year.

FWIW, running estimate of how many shows we have gotten for each year (show = more than a set). 1972 (32), 1977 (27), 1990 (20), 1973 (17), 1974 (14), 1969 (14), 1978 (14), 1989 (13), 1971 (11), 1976 (10), 1970 (9), 1979 (6), 1980 (6), 1991 (6), 1968 (5.5), 1987 (5), 1966 (4), 1975 (3), 1981 (3), 1982 (3), 1983 (3), 1988 (3), 1967 (2), 1985 (2), 1992 (2), 1993 (2), 1984 (1), 1986 (1), 1994 (1), 1995 (1), 1965 (0).

I mean, quibbles with my math aside, it is hard to argue that the top years are not the ones most represented.

Lastly, with the last/most recent trove of Betty's back, you know there is a bunch of stuff that Dave has wanted to release for a while.

user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

what gives not sold out on subs cave order annual dave’s ñoucjs 2020 sub ordered b4?! it charged me twice two put in for refund now have one on order but refund pending do no idea if cancelled by Paypal last orders of Giants stadium CDs plus at shirt were fiasco took months to see if I got snynCDs abs 2 T’s ugliest i’ve ever seen in T like a pajama corporate a dead T n Giants stadium shows are ok but meh 130’for stadium shows w Brent gone on movie show Hornsby is great but once Brent died it was due kill imho alas DPs now baby get em n cust s s so bad giving up on Warner sure Peachy tired getting old at this site alas

Per the heads-up email that was sent out:

This is it! There are only two days left to become a 2020 Dave's Picks subscriber. Subscriptions will come to end on Wednesday, January 8th at 11:59 PM PST.

Of course, you could have ordered it in November for the early-bird price of $99 with free shipping.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Nice work on the # of shows released per year, Jason.

Pretty clearly we need more '68 and fall '72 shows. And can we have 10 June 73 and the entire Watkins Glen soundcheck, please? I'm still rockin' but my time ain't long. Waiting 50 years for a show I attended to be released is definitely stretching it!

Forget about 1985! I'd be willing to talk about '79, '80 and '81. But going to the shows and paying for curated archival tapes are two vastly different things.

There's gold in them thar hills and I aim to get my share.............

user picture

Member for

4 years 4 months

Boy, I'm all with you when it comes to releasing more 1968. I would like to see them release the whole tour of The Great Pacific Northwest. it looks like it started on 1/20/68 and ended on 2/4/68, nine shows. I'll take that as a box set.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

In reply to by billy the kid

The Taping Compendium, vol. 1, lists three of those six shows as probably in the vault. The rest? Anyone?

I'll keep harping on a fall '72 box for this year. But Dave's got a release agenda unaffected by my bleating.

I recognize that the returned Bettys may have come with an agreement to release as many as possible as soon as possible, thus the insane numbers of '77 shows. I also see that some of 2018's 73-74 box shows were recorded by Rex Jackson, Betty's one-time husband, but no mention of the ABCD gang that's credited with returned Bettys that turned into a ton of the several years' DPs. And we know the Bettys extend back to ... what? 1973? So Dave has a lot to work with.

Anyway, I hope that the partial Oct 12 '68 show being provided on vinyl with the purchase of the "graphic novel" ends up on CD for RSD in April.

Then we get yet another release of Workingman's Dead with a live '70 CD, as well as American Beauty with late '70 live CD. And, presumably, a box. At this stage, a mystery box.

Dang, it's mid-January and I wouldn't expect a pre-order announcement until May, if then.

Meanwhile, I'm digging the Owsley Foundation release of 5 CDs of Jer on pedal steel with Marmaduke and the NRPS. Great music and value.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

In reply to by billy the kid

Amazing that there hasn't been a single pick from the bands first golden age from late 1967, when Mickey joined, to mid 1969 when the country/Workingmans songs started showing up. All the 1969 shows released so far are from the second half of the year, when the repertoire expanded, but the intensity diminished.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

In reply to by daverock

One thing I think I've noticed about the '68 shows released so far is that they land under 80 minutes, i.e., one CD. So a Dave's Pick would eat up three such shows, which may be more than they are willing to put out in one fell swoop.

I feel pretty confident that Dave is considering how to monetize a bunch of "short" (single-disc) shows and/or incomplete shows for which they have a nice slice of material that cannot be presented as a full show from the 66 to 68 period. One way is to put them out occasionally as they're doing with the LP and the "graphic novel" now on sale. I.e., use them as catnip to sell other products that need a boost to sell. I do not like that model.

A small early GD box, perhaps containing (2) 66, (2) 67, and (2) 68 shows would fly? Not for the casual fan, but right up the alley of the more rabid enthusiast...

Or an early 69 box -- we do have Live at the Fillmore East (2-11-69) and the FW box. How about that Jan 23? 69 show that yielded the Lovelight for Live/Dead? The April Ark shows are often mentioned, but I don't think anyone knows what their condition is.

Bottom line: more primal Dead, yeah Daverock.

Hendrixfreak - that's a great idea, collecting shows from 1966, 1967 and 1968 for a box set. Then one or two early 1969 shows from Dave to put the cherry on the cake.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by daverock

10-15 CDs of whatever good sounding fragments of incomplete shows from 65-68 are in the vault.
Over the last few weeks I’ve been sampling shows from those years that I got from the torrents. A lot of it doesn’t have great sound quality but there’s some good stuff in there.

I love 11-10-67 (30 Trips).
I bought a back up vinyl just in case I scratch the first copy I got. I think the vinyl sounds better than the CD.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

So I'll say THIS: 8 September 2020 will mark Pigpen's 75th birthday.

Wouldn't THAT be a great moment to celebrate and release the studio tracks Pig recorded for a solo effort, sprinkled with great early GD live tracks?

Blair Jackson always insisted to me that "the Grateful Dead was a live band" and thus there are no Pigpen studio tracks. First, his logic is wrong because we know Pig did some solo studio work, the question is whether it still exists and what's there.

Otherwise I'm thinking RSD over the years provides another opportunity.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/dave-s-picks-2020-subscription.html