• 1,805 replies
    Dead Admin
    Default Avatar
    "When it came to 1973 Dead, I was always drawn to the big second-set jams, 'Dark Star' or 'The Other One,' and all of the places those songs could go that year. One week during my initial stint with the Dead, Dick was spending a lot of time listening to 9/8/73, and he could not stop raving about it. He was very intent on pointing out that despite the absence of the 'Big Two' from 1973, every song, every solo, every moment was out-of-this-world excellent. He played me the first set, giving a play-by-play of each song and what made it special. In those listening sessions, Dick taught me a lot about how to listen critically and objectively. Of course, the subjective self always creeps in, those moments when you whoop and holler at how good a performance is, but that objective listening is critical. After many days of listening, Dick moved to other eras, as was his wont, since he carried the responsibility of selecting the best Dead shows from all eras to represent the Dead’s recorded legacy. But he made it clear and inarguable that he felt 9/8/73 was one of the best-played shows from one of the Dead’s best years." - David Lemieux

Despite the gloriously blustering artwork above, the forecast for DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 38: NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM, UNIONDALE, NY, 9/8/73 is blazing hot! With a double endorsement from archivists Dick Latvala and David Lemieux, you know it's a MUST HAVE. This one's got inspired playing from start to finish, with soon-to-be-minted Wake Of The Flood classics, a first-ever "Weather Report Suite," Keith polishing his chops on "Let Me Sing Your Blues Away," Jerry tapping into era-defining sound with his Wolf guitar, and we'd be remiss if we didn't mention Bob's exquisite playing too.

Among our 2021 Dave's Picks subscribers? The subscribers-only bonus disc featuring nearly an hour and a half from 9/7/73 is coming your way too. (P.S. there's 35 minutes of 9/7/73 on Dave's Picks Vol. 38, to boot)

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 38: NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM, UNIONDALE, NY, 9/8/73 was recorded by Kidd Candelaro and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

Didn't subscribe? You'll want to jump on this one now as it is guaranteed to sell out.

*2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • RyXs

Phil went phunkytown in Philly!
    I only wanna hear this one on my big speaker with the wonder woofer!

• Oroborous

I thought I heard it was Bob with New Balance, flared Levi’s, and a Polo shirt with the collar turned up, circa 1983?

• JimInMD

I don't want to miss this once in a lifetime offering.

They would be wise to follow-up with a mini holiday box of all the Little Stars ever played. The Bob Star Christmas Box with a Bob Star holiday ornament for the top of the tree. A good follow-up to the garden gnome theme. The ornament would be a high quality painted porcelain miniature replica of the 80's bobby from the short shorts up. A must have for the holidays.

• icecrmcnkd

Early subscribers also get a copy of Brent’s studio album which was recorded by recording over the Fall 1980 reels.

Remember when early subscribers to the GD Movie DVD release got a piece of film from one of the film reels that went to theaters?

Early subscribers to the 2022 Brent studio outtakes Box will get a piece of the tape from the Fall 1980 reels that were forever ruined……

• JimInMD

It must be true, I heard about it from the internet.

• Oroborous

Don’t forget the bonus disc with:
    Gentleman Start your engines (@6/26/88)
    and Never Trust a Woman, along with 45 studio outtakes of Take You Home ; )

Speaking of bonus material, look forward to it with mixed feelings; certainly glad to have it, but guessing that means Rochester isn’t ever seeing the light of day : ( not that I expected it...

• lebowski99
    Default Avatar

...you're a cruel cruel man and may the plagues of Moses befall your kingdom in Western MD.

• JimInMD

I heard from a reliable source next years box set will be a 22 disc compilation of every Maybe You Know performed.. including all the studio outtakes.

Looking very much forward to this.

• lebowski99
    Default Avatar

Damn, I was hoping they'd just pack all available versions of Maybe You Know as filler. That tune is gold, Jerry! Gold!

• nappyrags

I always rip my discs to my HD for playing on my portable Sony HI Res Player...I re-tag the tracks so the show flows as one and then the filler follows...mas cool that way...for me that is :)

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

3 years

"When it came to 1973 Dead, I was always drawn to the big second-set jams, 'Dark Star' or 'The Other One,' and all of the places those songs could go that year. One week during my initial stint with the Dead, Dick was spending a lot of time listening to 9/8/73, and he could not stop raving about it. He was very intent on pointing out that despite the absence of the 'Big Two' from 1973, every song, every solo, every moment was out-of-this-world excellent. He played me the first set, giving a play-by-play of each song and what made it special. In those listening sessions, Dick taught me a lot about how to listen critically and objectively. Of course, the subjective self always creeps in, those moments when you whoop and holler at how good a performance is, but that objective listening is critical. After many days of listening, Dick moved to other eras, as was his wont, since he carried the responsibility of selecting the best Dead shows from all eras to represent the Dead’s recorded legacy. But he made it clear and inarguable that he felt 9/8/73 was one of the best-played shows from one of the Dead’s best years." - David Lemieux

Despite the gloriously blustering artwork above, the forecast for DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 38: NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM, UNIONDALE, NY, 9/8/73 is blazing hot! With a double endorsement from archivists Dick Latvala and David Lemieux, you know it's a MUST HAVE. This one's got inspired playing from start to finish, with soon-to-be-minted Wake Of The Flood classics, a first-ever "Weather Report Suite," Keith polishing his chops on "Let Me Sing Your Blues Away," Jerry tapping into era-defining sound with his Wolf guitar, and we'd be remiss if we didn't mention Bob's exquisite playing too.

Among our 2021 Dave's Picks subscribers? The subscribers-only bonus disc featuring nearly an hour and a half from 9/7/73 is coming your way too. (P.S. there's 35 minutes of 9/7/73 on Dave's Picks Vol. 38, to boot)

Limited to 25,000 numbered copies, DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 38: NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM, UNIONDALE, NY, 9/8/73 was recorded by Kidd Candelaro and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

Didn't subscribe? You'll want to jump on this one now as it is guaranteed to sell out.

*2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture

Member for

11 years 3 months

In reply to by That Mike

I just posted this awhile ago on the digital download comment page for "Skull & Roses"....seems a lot of people who were trying to get and paid for 192/24 bit are getting 44/16 FLACS instead...no bueno....

"I avoid the GTD.net purchases...the only thing I buy directly is my annual DaP subscription...all the 50th Anniversary stuff I've gotten through the "Rain Forest"...I live in a remote area with the closest music shop being 210 miles away and scorching heat right now...I get my stuff within a few days of the release date...as for the digital download i went to ProStudioMasters where the 192/24 bit download was available for $22.49...and I know it's 192/24 bit because the folder is 6.12 GB's in size...another thing that irked me was the fact the accompanying sticker was being sold for $8 PLUS $7.50 for S&H which brought it to $15.50 for a sticker...that's obscene...again I went to the rain Forest and got one for $3.50 there and since I'm a guide no S & H charges....sorry to say but it's a scam-ola site most of the time which is a sad commentary on the times we live in..."

why oh why can't the powers that be etc etc etc....

11 12 71

Dont look at setlist beforehand

Its a hot one

Fall 71
Releases
10 21 71
10 22 71
10 31 71
11 17 71
12 6 71
12 7 71

Any others?

I see this as a rich seam of good shows for future release and just plain listen to. Autumn will sweet with Doc's commentaries.

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

In reply to by Strider 808808

.... you mean Grand Pappy Amos....

That's Grand Pappy Amos, the head of the clan,
he roars like a lion, but he's gentle as a lamb.

user picture

Member for

4 years 5 months

I think that a Complete Oct. Winterland 1974 box set would be so much in demand, that the site would be frozen from the number of people trying to buy it, especially if it included video of all the shows. A complete Greek Box might also freeze the site. I think a Complete April 1971 Fillmore East box set would freeze the site.

user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

I had this ready to post at 630 this morning, but the site was partially down.....

My dear Proudfoot!!!

LOL yes you did leave something out. How could you forget the dream-like, ethereal Ann Arbor show of December 14, 1971. It’s only one of my favorite 71s and in a year of many fine shows, it stands out and has stood the test of time………

Well yes I may be biased, but I think that the DaP Albuquerque/Ann Arbor release might be the best 1971 official release yet!!

More on that on December 14. Until then,

Rock on!!!

Doc
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose…..
P.S. Rochester, Austin, and a big chuck of TCU were also released……

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by proudfoot

....tucked away in the mountains with one tiny pub. He walks into the pub and there are all these old men just sitting around in silence. So the backpacker orders a beer and finds himself a seat.

Suddenly one of the men shouts, "Number 4!" and the whole room erupts with laughter.

The backpacker is surprised by this but then the laughter dies down and he goes back to sipping his pint.

Then another one of them shouts, "Number 21!" and once again everybody has a good laugh.

The backpacker turns to someone and asks what's going on. "Ah you see we're a bit isolated out here", the man says. "We all know each other's jokes so well we decided to give them all a number to save time when we want to tell them."

The backpacker gets a mischievous look on his face. He stands up and shouts, "Number 1001!"

It was like an earthquake had hit. The whole room reverberated with the men's voices, some of them slapping their thighs and almost falling off their chairs. As the laughter died down some of them were pressing their hands to their chests, just to make sure they weren't having a heart attack.

The backpacker turns to the man next to him and says, "So is that one of the good ones?" The man says, "Oh no, it's just that we'd never heard that one before."

JGB could play reeeeeeeeeally slow from time to time.

Iiiiiiiii

Caaaaant

Teeeeeelllllllll

Youuuuu

How I feel

Myyy

Heeeart

Iiis

Liiike

Aaa

Whheeeeeellllllllll

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 2 months

i was going to say something but i forgot , Love you alll , aiko aiko

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by otheronerat

....no argument here.
Regarding losing weight, I'm a beanpole. 6'4" yet my weight has never
fluctuated over or under 180 and 195. Blessed with metabolism I guess.
My wife, on the otherhand, has always struggled with her weight. She started driving semis in October and has lost over 60 lbs eating nuts, berries, rotisserie chicken wraps and yogurt.
And she looks grate!!
Cheez-its are her weakness. But it's working out.
You got this PF.

user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

V-guy, love the backpacker "story".

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

I cannot predict the arrival of the Box Set, but Friday sounds great to me Jim. If I was good at predicting, I’d have won the recent Lotto France. Not even a number!! N’a pas gagné!

PF - Good luck on the weight battle. It’s tough! I walk 10,000 steps+ a day with my hound, and bike, and it still Clash of the Titans with weight. I wish you good health - you got this!

VGuy - I was delighted to hear you liked Garcia16. Mine is still not here, but lots to do and play in the interim.

A little town (2,500 souls) in the middle of BC set a record for heat in Canada yesterday, approximately 117 degrees F, called Lillooet. I passed through there about two years ago. It is a tiny place , nice folks, in the valley of the mountains, off a major river (Fraser), kind of “not much there, there”, to paraphrase Gertrude Stein. How this lush valley (vineyards) came to be the hottest place, is a puzzle to me. Stay cool, all.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

Have we seen any releases from the Greek Theatre or Frost Amphitheatre, ever? Not that these venues are known, for amazing shows!!!!
I would love to the see a Boston 69 box set, including the spring Ark shows and the 2 New Years Eve shows.
Why am I thinking RFK 93, both nights, with video? Either way I would love to see more Blu-ray/DVD releases.
Any thoughts on another Boxzilla or more along the lines of a mini-box, ala Giants Stadium?

Errr, I mean you go STOLTZY! I’ve recently been hampered by similar idiosyncrasies....gained close to 20 whilst home waiting out the vid, even though I walked everyday, uuugghh. No bueno as I was already sporting a 7 month fetus!
For Fugs sake, I used to be an athlete!
I’m on this new/old weight loss plan, it’s called labor. Holiday time is go time so hoping I can trim down to my usual fatness by mid July....

With that heat y’all getting might work like one of those sweat suites lol.
Good luck amigo!

Nobody’s gonna mention the Red, white, and blue elephant in the room....interesting game, Bolts sure can light it up eh?

VGUYs back, and with an extended jam ta boot!

Ok, WTF, where’s Dave? The seaside animals are feeling neglected!
Not very Canadian like stressing out the poor animals...

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

Oro - I’m just quietly loving the results of last night’s game, and I didn’t want you and Jack to feel too bad about it. But, OH YEAH!!!!

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Dave is likely morning last night's loss.

A little dose of reality last night for the Habs. Tampa is good. Really good.

I am still baffled by the Avs and GKights both losing.

Weight loss secret. Eat less and move more.

I'm not a very big guy, but lost 15 pounds last summer by giving up desserts, booze and walking three miles a day. Now I am motivated and rollerblade 30-40 miles a week to keep it off. Even after adding back the sweets and booze, albeit in moderation.

Good luck.

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

When are we going to hear about the box? Jeez, the waiting is the hardest part!

In the meantime, I thought you guys could give me a little tech advice, to wit:

I have a lot of cassettes of shows I recorded that I want to digitize from my Nakamichi cassette player to my iMac, hopefully as high res wave files. Any suggestions for the go between tech?

And thanks for being a wonderful, informative and entertaining place to visit each day, you guys are great! I took someone's advice last week and listened to Fox Theater 10/18/72 and WOW great show, serious space jamming in the second set.

116 degrees in Portland yesterday, whew, three record breaking days. It was brutal! Like standing in the middle of a hair dryer!

Not sure anyone has posted but wanted to say "Thank You" to Dave and Gary for the Shakedown Stream. I watched a couple of times, a very entertaining show. Also the interview with Jim Lauderdale was excellent. I met Jim in the winter of 2002 (I think) when he was touring with Donna the Buffalo. I was thinking about that before the interview got started and sure enough, he mentioned them. I was wondering about them, thought maybe they disappeared. But they are still a functioning unit, seems they play mostly festivals. No sense posting any details. They played a small club in my hometown back in 2002. It was the same club I also got to speak with Rob Wasserman. I have met several musicians but unless I impress them enough (never happened) to exchange numbers, it really does not mean much other than a few minutes to chat with them. I think Mr. Wasserman was on tour with Particle at the time.

Any way, I am so glad Mr. Lauderdale is still out there making new music. He told great stories of working with Mr. Hunter. I never even realized he did that so it was a great new revelation for me. Also, nice to know he still collaborates with Donna the Buffalo, and still tours. I didn't know he lived in Nashville, but that makes sense.

It was a memorable night with Dave and Gary. Not only did Mr. Lauderdale speak of continuing work with Donna the Buffalo, he also talked about working with the North Mississippi Allstars. Another band I saw about 6 weeks ago. They were opening for southern jam acolytes, Blackberry Smoke. Another excellent show, that and TTB are the only shows I have seen live since 2019. Hope the healing and return of live music sticks.

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

The more you know...$255.5 million grossed in 6 years.
Dead & Company was formed in 2015 when the Grateful Dead’s Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann and Bob Weir joined forces with artist and musician John Mayer, Allman Brothers’ bassist Oteil Burbridge, and Fare Thee Well and RatDog keyboardist Jeff Chimenti. The result was one of the most successful touring bands of the decade. Since its formation, the band has completed six tours, playing to 3.4 million fans, and has become a record-breaking stadium act. Having toured consistently since its 2015 debut, the band has grossed $255.5 million and sold 2.8 million tickets across 149 reported shows.
Dead & Co. has headlined iconic stadiums across the country including Folsom Field, Autzen Stadium, Citi Field, Fenway Park and Dodger Stadium. Additionally, the band broke Wrigley Field’s all-time concert attendance record.
In between tours, Dead & Company hosts its annual “Playing in the Sand” all-inclusive Caribbean concert vacation in Mexico and features three nights of Dead & Company playing on an intimate beach. Due to overwhelming fan demand, a second weekend was added to 2022’s Playing in the Sand. Both weekends have sold out.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by Angry Jack Straw

Listening to vinyl provides quite a good source of exercise. Maybe throw in the odd single after a week or so.

user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

In reply to by daverock

When I was but a small toad, one of my favorite songs sang:

"Point me, in the direction of Albuquerque."

I am sure there is someone here that can name the group.

Almost embarrassed to say.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Point me in the direction of Albuquerque - The Partridge Family, 1970, on The Partridge Family Album.
I've never heard it myself.

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

...no shame in growing up in the Partridge Family era. Diversity in music is key, and...…
Music Is The Best!!

I should have known you would get that. Mr. Encyclopedia. Interesting, I went to high school with the founder of wikipedia. He now lives in Kings clothes and I live a quieter life. What is more embarrassing is I might still have that album. You should give it a listen, it isn't that bad. Of course, all session musicians, except vocals. OK now embarrassing to keep writing about it.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Catchy addictive pop tunes from bands created by suits simply to bring in the money. Some were better than others, of course. For instance the reputation and credibility of The Monkees has only grown with time. All such bands were infinitely preferable to the ghastly boy bands of more recent times. I guess there's a market for all of it.

user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

In reply to by nitecat

Nice write up about D&C. I have couple of there official releases I received as gifts. They are pretty darn good. My problem is there is no way I can give every show of GD the listen and love that I want, so my mind stays in the past mostly. Glad Bobby and Billy and Mickey have an outlet for their musical musings. I remember one video I watched at the tube, I think Atlanta 2018 with a killer Days Between. Really showed me they can bring the stuff. Although, I need more Jerry and Pig. Glad young and old people can go to shows and enjoy and carry forward the spirit of GD.

Think you posted about cassette to digital. Dont know a lot about that but you have to have the right sound card. I would assume you would want to shop both sound card and software to make sure they both transfer at the rate you are seeking. You might want to review your transfer rate vs. rate of music to be transferred. Once it is burned to tape, it is difficult to go back and up the transfer rate, if that makes sense. EDIT: By trying to transfer at a higher rate, you might actually hear increased hiss, not sure on that though.

Any way, I looked at your name and noticed you saw Winterland 1971/12/31. I think there is a clip on one of the dvd's that was part of the dvd box - All the Years Combined. I think is the title. I believe it is from that show. Did they have a train (looks like a locomotive) leading the procession as the New Year's clock ran down. Any way that clip is awesome to watch, it may be from 1970 though. Memory Foggy, need to watch again. It is accompanied by a drums segment done just for that disk which is also excellent. FWIW, last week I somehow was thinking about that 10 disk-dvd set, and ran across it over at amazon. The asking price for new has risen from $615 to $865, wow. It may be the last new sealed in a box out there. Glad I bought here for $99, totally worth it.

....was more of a Sid & Kroffts kinda kid, but I remember. Simpler times.
There was a thread going on on this site about five years ago about who was hotter. Partridge mom or Brady mom.
I remember it well.
I'm 53 years old so give me a break.
Obligatory go Habs....
Fuckin Dennis lol.
The heat dome is shifting east from the PNW so help is on the way.
Guess when it comes to global warming, gotta invent new terms.
I imagine heat dome is going to become more popular.
I never, ever thought Seattle would be hotter than Vegas or Phoenix in late June. Ever.
Current finger in the wind check.
It's 78 degrees here.
Spinning some Waiting For The Sun.
Good stuf.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

10/24/71 Motor City Madness - Uncle Gary sent me a semi-pro copy of this one and it is hands down the stuff. Audio is stellar - one of the best sounding unreleased '71 shows I've heard. Worth the occasional set list post:

SET I

Sugar Magnolia
Deal
El Paso
Tennessee Jed
Jack Straw
China Cat Sunflower
I Know You Rider
Playing in the Band
Black Peter
Candyman
One More Saturday Night
Casey Jones

SET II

Truckin'
Ramble On Rose
Mexicali Blues
Dark Star
Me and Bobby McGee
Cumberland Blues
St. Stephen
Johnny B. Goode

Keith joined the band last week and is playing his 2nd Dark Star ever, an atypical 20 minute masterpiece (well, atypical for '71 - they were usually hitting the 10-15 mark for most of the year). Maybe top 15 Dark Stars ever. Top 20 for sure. Phil is higher in the mix than normal, but certainly not to anyone else's detriment. Jerry is loud and clear in the left channel. No tape hiss or other crap - really, this thing sounds better than several official releases. I don't know how the archive.org copy sounds - hopefully just as good. Also - funny - Bobby finishes the Yellow Dog Story and someone in the crowd hollers "you're fired!!" Garcia laughs and says "I told ya!"

Doc, you have motivated me to revisit 12/14/71. I have been lumping this show in with the other three recent 1971shows from Dave's Picks 22 & 26. Now I'll need to hear it again and listen for what sets it apart in the mind of The '71 Sage.

This morning has been Berkeley 8/24/72 and DaP 36 for Me. For one-drummer unreleased soundboards, I avoid most of the show except for Dark Star and Bird Song. For the most part, I like to wait for the Full Norman (funny how that term stayed with us Jimbo, nice work). So I did Berkeley 8/24 for the first time end-2-end - yeah, that's the stuff. There is a very rare instance of Donna talking to the crowd. She refers to herself as a chic and calls Keith her "old man". Kind of neat. Man I wish I could go back and follow the Dead. I bet if we scrapped the space program there would be enough cash to create 3-D lifelike video replica concerts of the Dead.

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

KeithFan sent me 10/24/71 last year; and yes, the sound is amazingly crisp!
12/10/71 is also a classic. Here's the massive setlist:

Bertha, Me & My Uncle, Mr. Charlie, Loser, Beat It On Down The Line, Sugaree, Jack Straw, Next Time You See Me, Tennessee Jed, El Paso, Big Railroad Blues, Casey Jones Good Lovin', Brokedown Palace, Playin' In The Band, Run Rudolph Run, Deal, Sugar Magnolia, Comes A Time, Truckin'-> Drums-> The Other One-> Sitting On Top Of The World-> The Other One-> Not Fade Away-> China Cat Sunflower Jam-> Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad-> Not Fade Away, E: One More Saturday Night

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Cousins Of The…

with no new anything, this is what yer driving us to!
Shirley Partridges fo sho!
I mean come on, she’s a musician who drives a psychedelic bus, AND she’s hot!

Ok, How bout Laurie Partridge vs Marsha Brady?
I’m going with Laurie (Susan Dey) for the same reasons, plus, ya know, “Marsha, Marsha, Marsha” lol.
Laurie was way cooler, and hotter! Although Jan might have a chance ; )

Hopefully you’ll give us Dave soon, as I can keep going....

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

In reply to by Oroborous

If we are going down (lol) this path...

A Marsha and Laurie sammich, please (18 or older tho)

Followed by a long warm full service sponge bath administered by Shirley Partridge.

Dont make me trot out my Enumclaw story, Rhino. Box set announcement, or else.

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

In reply to by proudfoot

10 24 71

Yes! I heard that once and knew it has the IT factor. Well well well release worthy.

I have been craving to hear it again. I will get it shortly.

user picture

Member for

4 years 5 months

My final box set prediction is, 3/18,19,20/77, Winterland. I just received a case of Pliny the Elder from the Russian River Brewing company, delivered to my front door, great beer, getting ready for 4th of July bbq. We should get some sort of new release next week, box set or 50th anniversary release, they don't seem to put out new releases before holidays, or Sat,Sun, Mon , or Fri, usually Tues, Wed , or Thurs, should be cool.

Jerry's second solo is drop dead gorgeous. Elegant and poetic. One of my favorites.

Maybe there's a new thread here: Our favorite Jerry solos, especially the beautiful and sad ones. Here's another favorite: 11/24/78 Friend of the Devil

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Yum! Proper!

Been rocking Fremont Summer Ales, waiting for a case of Sip O Sunshine’s....
Been getting into lighter stuff for a change...

Just received S&R 50th, GarciaLive 16, and that Weir Wasserman- JGB 89 shows!
Saving 7/2/71 for fry-day!

user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Keith - 'Ill take some holographic dead any time. I have written before how Bear and Dan's main focus was producing holographic sound for the audience. I know I head it several times.

Oro - Nice haul. Think you will enjoy 89 Weir/Garcia.

Lighter beers - well yeah its summer. I think I am about to switch to ice tea -the long island kind. Nope. In summer I drink more tea, less coffee, and lighter alcoholic concoctions.

Hope the heat is starting to break down for those out west. I have discussed with friends my thoughts on heat/cold and domes. My views are similar to Bear's but maybe a little less out there. Here, getting hot and humidity is oppressive. Dang, I aint got no pool, so I don't like summer like I used to. Of course, having a pool can be a pain also.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't know where to start with best or best emotive Jerry solo's. That is too complicated for me, but I will definitely try to find those two.

And Maureen vs. Susan - I like them both. Had totally forgotten about the family's bus! There was cowgirl Sheerl at the wheel...

user picture

Member for

7 years

I pulled out #33 and forgot how good the 3rd disk is. The estimated is really sweet. The real estimated and not the false one. I am still waiting for the box notice and I am sure the one day I do not check will be the 1 hour sold out version. Long time no see guys.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Pfff. They don't even offer a happy ending! What is a massage without a happy ending?
If you search Google for the profile picture you find that hundreds of Thai massage parlours all over the world use that same image on their websites. Now I'm not one for conspiracy theories but that is a deeply weird coincidence.
Good to see that the spammer is keeping to the rules and not posting lynx. Unfortunately they didn't say whether their phone numbers are toll-free. Who in their right mind would entertain a trip to India at the moment anyway.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by simonrob

....simonrob beat me to the punch.
Montreal is currently +900 to win the Stanley Cup. Tempted to drop a benjamin on those odds.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/dave-s-picks/dave-s-picks-vol-38.html