• 2,500 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    Who's up for a revolutionary evolutionary ride? DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 30: FILLMORE EAST, NEW YORK, NEW YORK 1/2/70 captures the Grateful Dead as they make their first foray from the experimental 60s into their early 70s acoustic Americana period. Yes, this one is a little bit country and a little bit (psychedelic) rock and roll.

When the "Magnificent Seven" - Pigpen on percussion, T.C. on keys - first took the stage on 1/2/70, evidence was clear that the trip was about to take a turn. From their western wears to the twang in Jerry’s “broken-string blues,” it appeared they'd brought the Bakersfield sound to the Big Apple. They worked through much of what would become Workingman's Dead, stunning the crowd with laid-back numbers like "Uncle John's Band," "Casey Jones," and "Black Peter." Just the same, they satisfied 60s stalwarts with magical versions of "Dark Star," "St. Stephen," and "That's It For The Other One." Sonic alchemy, indeed!

DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 30: FILLMORE EAST, NEW YORK, ​New York 1/2/70 has been rounded out with a bit of 1/3/70 (the subscribers-only bonus disc features the bulk of 1/3/70). It was recorded by the great Owsley "Bear" Stanley and has been lovingly mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 30 is limited to 20,000 individually-numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • icecrmcnkd

You are not the only one. Sad, but true.

This is copied from

https://www.dead.net/forum/got-issues-your-store-order

——————-

August 30, 2019 - 4:29pm#2
    WHISKYHAWK

Still Waiting For DaP 30 To Be Delivered
    Anyone else having this issue?

Per Dead.net Customer Service, 'Our new warehouse has advised that they have been unable to locate any numbered copies of Dave’s Picks Volume 30. With that confirmation, we have decided to produce a small, separately-numbered run of this title. We will use these copies to replace your missing or damaged Dave’s Picks Volume 30 shipment. Our production team has advised that the new, limited-edition run will be available in 2 months. "

Well, it's been two months and no word, no communication. Very frustrating.
    ——————-

• marye
    send me a PM.
  • JimInMD

Send a PM to MaryE on this site. ..and do it quickly!! that was a long time ago.

• dajokr

Still have not received my DAve's 30 with Bonus Disc. Multiple emails to customer service and no joy. Anybody who can help????

• daverock

Looks reasonable enough to me. The only holes in my collection are the Fillmore West 1969 box set, and the first 1990 box set. I bought the second one, Spring 1990, after quite along wait, as I am not a big fan of 1990. But I was, and continue to be, surprised at how much I like the show within. Every time I play 3/14/90, which I believe is the first in the box, I feel moved to go on and listen to the whole. I keep looking around for the first one, but I haven't seen it for sale anywhere yet. I wouldn't spend a fortune on it, but if its anything like this second one....then I have missed out big time.

A cautionary tale for me, actually, thinking now that I wouldn't get this years box if it is from beyond 1974.

• Diggey
    Default Avatar

I hope I'm not breaking any rules and can delete this if I am. I have some Dead cds and Dave's Picks for sale and wanted to put them up here. I'm not trying to get rich, just movin' out some clutter. Send me a message and payPal preferred. shipping is included for all of them listed. Thanks

San Francisco, The Warfield 10/9 and 10/10/80- Record Store Day CD- $16 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 27- Boise State U, 9/2/83- $30 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 28- Capital Theater, Passaic, NJ, 6/17/76 - $30 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 29- Swing Auditorium, San Bernadino, Ca, 2/26/77 - $30 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 30- Fillmore East, NY, 1/2/70 - $30 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 30- Bonus CD- Fillmore East, NY, 1/3/70 - $30 shipping included

• kyleharmon

i'll make my official box set prediction here: Summer '90

• JimInMD

Gave this one last spin before the Dave's 31 announcement. This will be remembered as an excellent release with a great bonus disc if you subscribed.

2019 will be remembered as a good year.

• Oroborous

Fall 79, Awesome!
    Nice to mix it up a little, thanks guys!
    Also, like hearing how their going to keep trying more variety.
    But ultimately, like Dave said, not about the set list or what they played etc, it’s about how they played it!
    Personally, I’m not familiar with this one but ifs it’s anything like 11/9, 11/5&6, 12/1, or the New Years run I think we’re going to be happy!

• wissinomingdeadhead
    Default Avatar

FINALLY 1979

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 2 months

Who's up for a revolutionary evolutionary ride? DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 30: FILLMORE EAST, NEW YORK, NEW YORK 1/2/70 captures the Grateful Dead as they make their first foray from the experimental 60s into their early 70s acoustic Americana period. Yes, this one is a little bit country and a little bit (psychedelic) rock and roll.

When the "Magnificent Seven" - Pigpen on percussion, T.C. on keys - first took the stage on 1/2/70, evidence was clear that the trip was about to take a turn. From their western wears to the twang in Jerry’s “broken-string blues,” it appeared they'd brought the Bakersfield sound to the Big Apple. They worked through much of what would become Workingman's Dead, stunning the crowd with laid-back numbers like "Uncle John's Band," "Casey Jones," and "Black Peter." Just the same, they satisfied 60s stalwarts with magical versions of "Dark Star," "St. Stephen," and "That's It For The Other One." Sonic alchemy, indeed!

DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 30: FILLMORE EAST, NEW YORK, ​New York 1/2/70 has been rounded out with a bit of 1/3/70 (the subscribers-only bonus disc features the bulk of 1/3/70). It was recorded by the great Owsley "Bear" Stanley and has been lovingly mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 30 is limited to 20,000 individually-numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

...I have new copies of Daves Picks #26, #29 and #30 for sale. I need money for my monthly Medicine. My asthma Meds alone are over $400.00 a month...medical system here is horrible, just terrible. A lot of people are suffering and even more importantly, people are dying...anyway sorry to get off the subject but if your interested please send me a PM message for any questions and such. I don’t want to disturb the message board. Thank you & have yourselves a grateful day, peace be with you all. 🙏❤️😎

…… he's so old he came before OMG!

Got my 45 single coming tomorrow,,,, us blues and loose lucy. In case anyone gives a rats a, oh and (I keep forgetting), someone along the line mentioned "Good Rats". Just for the sake of "puttin' it out there", I have an ok collection of Rat Music. Truth be told, I never cared that much for them (girl with the yellow flower and injun joe), but my buddy was really big on them. He knew pepi(?) and his son, follow them for YEARS. If there is interest out there PM me.

...my asthma meds is called ‘Advair’ and i also carry a rescue inhaler... crazy money! But I can’t live without it, I suffer from chronic asthma and my cat is a big trigger as well for SOB... :(
...what makes me upset is if your a heroin addict they will give you free methadone but if you suffer from a terminal disease they charge you a lot of bread, crazy stuff my brothers & sisters...

user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

...so back to our regular programming, this morning I decided to go to the opposite side of the spectrum of Daves Picks #30 and pulled out 10/1/94 Boston Garden, Boston, MA. I have to say I enjoyed this show far more than my last listen which was years ago. Jerry is in fine voice and guitar playing as well. The whole band is really playing Primo!!!
Then during my afternoon I listened to and Gratefuly enjoyed 10/29/77 Live at the Field House, IL another Primo show during the fall of 77’... keep on trucking my brothers & sisters, peace be with you all. 🙏❤️😎

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

In reply to by Butch

I wouldn't even try and answer that. To me the whole run is beyond objective analysis-they are just great shows to lose yourself in. I don't play them one after the other (one), but every time I play one it works on every level. In a way, they were unencumbered by trying to change the song list every night. They just focussed on the limited repertoire, and expanded it to unlimited dimensions. I used to think of 3/1 as my favourite, simply because, if memory serves me well, it features more songs from Aoxomoxoa. But I haven't got a favourite now.

It could be said, if I can't distinguish one show from another, and don't play them one after another-why don't I just stick with 2/27, and play that one whenever the mood takes me. To which I would answer-to me this is THE classic run, and, although its an indulgence, I would love all the music played within it in the best sound quality available. I guess if you are not so disposed, the three cd set that came out a few years ago, coupled with Live Dead would be the best option.

user picture

Member for

6 years 4 months

I thought you were all peace and love? I see it in your words and your emojis all the time. Where's your compassion for the heroin addicts? First of all methadone is not necessarily free, but even if it was free to all, who are you to judge a heroin addict? You don't know what life circumstances lead them there. Maybe they saw and performed some horrific deeds while defending our country, leading them to post-traumatic stress disorder. Maybe they stumbled on heroin and it provided them relief from a waking nightmare. And you're sitting there with a cat that you say worsens your asthma condition, and then you begrudge other people who suffer from something as difficult to overcome as addiction? (and heroin is the worst kind). But it upsets you that somebody in that kind of circumstance maybe getting free relief. That doesn't smell like love to me at all that smells like judgment. You are better than that. I sympathize for you and I'm sorry you are in a tight situation, but addiction is a very real and sad situation that almost always ensnares people before they realize the gravity of their mistake. Have a heart. Ours is not to judge.

user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

In reply to by dreading

I must of wrote it the wrong way, I’m sorry... I do love addictived people, I am one of them.
I’m a recovering alcoholic. I used to be afraid of meds and so I self-medicated myself until the disease took me over. I’ve now givin up the booze for meds and take my prescribed meds accordingly... I’m in the process of earning my degree in drug addiction. My second major in college was psychology so most if not all my credits are almost keep. I’m hear if anyone needs someone to talk to. Any time my brothers & sisters! I’ve been in recovery since 2013.
My point was about the cost to treat two different individuals and two diseases🙏❤️😎
...if I upset you by any means, that was not my enttention. I’m not the greatest writer around. 🙏❤️😎
PS- does anyone remember the ‘Wharf Rat ‘ section at some of the Dead’s concerts?! They would have balloons everywhere, they were a group of deadheads that are in recovery to any drug or alcohol... I always believed that was a grateful part for some of the Grateful Dead’s fans!

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by Lovemygirl

....my youngest step-daughter got hooked on that stuff. Never tried it myself, and have no intention to. She was hooked on it so bad, she stole a purse from a lady in a park, just so she could get arrested and get clean in jail, which actually worked. Now she's happy, clean and had a beautiful son a year ago. Her plan was one way of doing it.

user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

In reply to by Vguy72

"Cry out, I'm trapped under rice!"

destroy all robots, already

it's a clown world, folks

"throw (him) into the pond!"

beneath the shiny veneer, lies a vat of maggots and vermin

every time I see LMG's name, my mind hears the opening riff and vocal of Doors' 5 to 1

every. single. time.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

I really just thought you loved your girl LOL. Now I remember you saying you were a Doors fan when that whole Doors / Who discussion went down. Another mystery solved. First the live Terrapin Station record, now LMG. Nobody here gets--out alive......

Robby Krieger' guitar solo from Five to One was copied twice on two different songs by two different guitar players who belong to bands that have sold millions of records each.

user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

In reply to by stoltzfus

...’5 to 1’ intro and also on the end of the song, ‘Hello I Love You’... and I always say that to my two daughters, Lily Rose & Delilah!!! 🙏❤️😉

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by Lovemygirl

....sometimes I wish I had three. Then Three Dog Night popped in my head. Spotifying that....pronto, and Naturally.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

One of those bands I don't always put on, but when I do I realize they have a lot of good stuff. Joy to the World absolutely evokes memories of being a kid in the '70s. Jeremiah was a bullfrog, was a good friend of mine...

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

I picked the FW'69 box set a couple of years ago for a high, but not ridiculously high price, and don't regret it at all. Looking at the price of the vinyl sets of individual nights 2/27/69 and 2/28/69, I feel even better as it looks like I will have paid about the same as if I picked it up on vinyl as individual nights, assuming that the remaining two nights get released on vinyl. I haven't picked up the vinyl, both due to the cost, and since there are a limited number, it seems right to let folks who may not have the box set pick up the shows in vinyl.

I kind of view this run as DaveRock described it, THE classic run, and particularly given that the 2/27/69 Dark Star from Live Dead was one of the things that got me hooked on listening to the Dead in the first place. Picking up the box set of the full run was like scratching an itch that you weren't able to reach before. Now that these comments have got me thinking about it, probably time to give another listen to one of those shows tomorrow.

user picture

Member for

13 years

... first time I've done this, but it's been a good day :)

5. DP30 Bonus Disc - This makes the release truly special...

4. Mogwai - The Hawk is Howling - recommended by a friend, and it is OUT THERE, in a spacey/ambient/METAL kind of way... the first track is called "I'm Jim Morrison, I'm dead" and it is sounds just like that... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV6q1w9RMGw

3. Booker T and the MGs - McLemore Avenue - their tribute to Abbey Road, recorded only months after the original album was released... Booker talks about being so blown away by how The Beatles stretching themselves musically on Abbey Road (when they didn't really have to) was inspirational, and he and the boys had to record the music. The album features Booker and the boys playing nearly all of A.R., mostly in two long medleys. If nothing else though, check out their version of "Something"... my god... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xA0A0v-oQc&t=3281s

2. Booker T and the MGs - Melting Pot - after McLermore Ave, I had to keep going, and this one beats the shit out of that flimsy-flamsy Beatles nonsense on the previous entry! MIND. BLOWN. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlai0BQarrc

1. DP13 aka Skeleton Skaters (currently listening)... is there a better first set in the Dave's collection? I'm hard pressed to name one. The China>Rider alone makes this one a standout, and it's a mid-set selection! Those 74 China>Riders are truly a cut above (probably my favorite year for them, though I love so many others...) Listening to this one nice and loud in the car on the way home tonight - proper state of mind for an intense listen - it blew me away! I got to the end of China Cat, and then restarted it again to see how they got there after JUST listening to it! Does it rival DiP12 (6/26/74)? I think it very well may :)

On the Cumberland that starts set 2 now. Oh, that Loser and Playin' that end the fist set only add to my feeling that Dave's Picks 13 (S.S.) has the best 1st set of any of the releases... and you all know what happens after a killer first set.

Beep Bloop Beep - I am a robot

EDIT: Selections 4-2 were first time listens for me today... like I said, it was a good day :)

Peace

user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

...the sun is shining brightly today with a nice cool breeze in the air. Decided to play 6/22/73
P.N.E. Coliseum from the boxset...love’n it!!!
🙏❤️😎 have a grateful day my brothers & sisters.

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

In reply to by Charlie3

We truly were just talking about them (again) last night at the store. I always find the amazing thing about them is how different their songs are to each. (kinda like The Hollies)

Just for shits and giggles - when Hoyt wasn't buying an awful pet for his kid, he was writing Joy to the World. If Jeremiah was such a good friend, why didn't he help with the gremlins?

user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

In reply to by Dennis

a classic

a nice loose feel, an (almost) unique opener with Slewfoot, a rare closer...check out the vocals on Dire Wolf...

"High on a mountain" indeed

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

....man, that hit the spot last night. Pretty damn good band. Looks like they're playing Laughlin, Nevada June 15th. Hmmmm.

user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

Annie Versarry

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

In reply to by Charlie3

I have to agree with Daverock and Charlie.. but I do wonder.. if each and every show was recorded with the care of those four nights the world would be a different place. The recordings really do make a difference.

Speaking of classic runs, you're right.. Big Rock it is..

Edit: Did someone mention DaP 13? Now that three night run should have been released as a box set.. missed opportunity.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

I have to concur with your evaluation of Skeleton Skaters. I love the US Blues opener. The Candyman has a fantastic solo from Senor Garcia, and the China Cat Sunrider has always been very close to Dick's Picks 12 and Road Trips '74. Off the top of my head, the only other Dave's Picks first set that comes close is volume one, which starts off with that amazing Mississippi Half-step. Anniversary coming up tomorrow. These 2 have always been favorites of mine, but I never realized how strong that first set was on Skeleton Skaters .

Hokey Religions and Ancient Weapons are no match for a good Blaster at your side.

Edit - Jim, just saw your comment about the missed opportunity for releasing the 2/22 - 2/24 run from 1974. I can envision a box set that looks just like the Winterland 73 and 77s, of course with a slight variation on the front cover Stealie and inside group painting (maybe some white powder in there) , and the color is

Red. Winterland 1974: The Complete Recordings. For my part, I've included Here Comes Sunshine on the Skeleton Skaters release in my digital folder. The soundboard is so good you can't even tell it doesn't really belong there.

user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

...greetings my fellow Deadheads.
I just wanted to post that the Grateful Dead Road Trips Vol.1- #2 is back in stock at Dead.net store. If anyone missed this release this is a good time to add it to your collection of Dead music. IMHO, you can’t go wrong with this $20 release price. Includes Primo music plus a great article/essay. “Don’t let go don’t let go”...🙏❤️😎

...Today at noon, from 30TATS, 6/24/85 - Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH :) :) :)
Strap yourself in for the second set, it’s a killer!!!

user picture

Member for

6 years 3 months

Jim, I would buy that Winterland box set even though I have DaP13. I haven't even listened to the other two shows, but I'm sure the're good.

Lovemygirl, can I call you 521? Haha, has a nice ring to it eh? Hey I noticed you usually post a lot of the Rhino web site ads for new releases after they go up. And today you posted about Road Trips 1.2 going back up for sale. I gotta ask, are you a Rhino employee?

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

I just booted up 5/31/69 w/out looking at the set list or venue or anything - and I was delighted to hear Ken Kesey's voice from the stage , reminding me of the classic Veneta '72 show. This is the only other show I've heard him on, so I'm extra psyched and hoping there's a tent for lost kids. Rowrrrifyou don't know, you don't wannna know!

user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

In reply to by Trainwrecked

...I’ve posted New releases before an official announcement from Rhino & Dead.net. on this message board. You may have missed or not read some of my past posts concerning upcoming releases. I can not confirm nor deny if I work for Rhino but I can tell you “I am not a robot!” Lol ...1+1=5 ?! 😉

...7” SINGLES COLLECTION VOL. 10: U.S. BLUES / LOOSE LUCY... Beautiful Artwork, Primo Audio!🙏❤️😎

user picture

Member for

6 years 4 months

Not one that I listen to often. But whenever I do, it's always better than I remember.

On second thought, maybe I am a robot after all...

"Deckard? Deckard?"

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Heh, I switched it to Babbs, and then back to Kesey. Damn pranksters, they're all Ken to me. Just finished on headphones at work. What a trip. They had. Right? Excellent suggestion Stoltzie, I'd take it as a release any time. Of course, I'd take anything with 'you-know-what' on it as a release). I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I will say that the intro to track 15 was reeaaalllllly cool.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

...to whoever got the FW '69 talk rolling on this thread, gave me the impetus to put 3/1/69 on to start the day.

Talk about forgetting how good a show or run of shows is, what a great show. The 3/1/69 Dark Star is fantastic, the icing on the cake to a bunch of good stuff, and the Cosmic Charlie had a kind of swinging sound that really clicked for me on this listen. I have to say that I would gladly waive any "limited edition" rights that I have as possessor of an original box in order to see this run released again on disc for all to enjoy.

user picture

Member for

6 years 4 months

LMG that's real cool that you re-post some of the current releases, but everything I've seen you post has been announced already by either deadnet or Rhino. What new stuff have you posted before Rhino & deadnet?

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Yeah it is extraordinary that they have all of this stuff available to listen to after all these years. I wonder if they have this one in the vault and better sound quality. Like Jim was saying, there's so much riding on the quality of the audio. But I found this one to be good enough to enjoy on headphones. And there is like you said always some jewels in the shows. I guess I don't need to keep it a secret, he was a friend of mine was mind blowing. The between song banter with babbs just made it all that much better.

Skulltrip, I like that Dave's Picks 16. Disc 3 is a no brainer, but I will say that those particular performances are top shelf. The playing in the band is the perfect length, I remember the vocals on eyes of the world I recorded very nicely. You know how sometimes it's hard for whomever to mix the chorus vocals just exactly perfect but it got on here. This was also the show that really made me appreciate Cumberland Blues. It is a huge kick in the balls the Garcia's guitar goes out right in the middle of the solo, but it's not out for long. What a gray fucking song that is right. I also recall Jack straw has some great Nuance type guitar work from Jerry, especially when they hit that final chorus. And you can't beat the front cover the CD case it looks like something out of Scooby-Doo. Let me know if you find any more gems on that one.

On the ride home, just listened to the Dark Star from 12/18/73. Definitely one of the better ones.

And now I think I'll shoot over to that eyes of the world we were just talking about from Scooby-Doo House. Thanks for the recommendation Skulltrip

user picture

Member for

5 years 9 months

Are you saying we have a false prophet in our midst? Lol

Vguy is that 10 copies with or without bonus?

So far I’d have to say this is my fav Dave’s....do like that Winterland “skeleton skater” one a lot too, but keep coming back to the Scooby-Doo house......wish I had Scooby snacks to go with, Wuff! 😎

user picture

Member for

9 years 3 months

Let's not forget that all these shows depends on how Garcia was feeling that night. He was such a perfectionist, ie:
the time at the Carousel Ballroom(Fillmore West) when after the 2nd set he pulled Phil off the 4 stair exit on stage right
onto the floor and gave him shit about how it wasn't right. Jerry's response in a later interview: "I was so wrong and so high, that when i listened to it later Phil was right" Love the Dave's Picks 30 with Ron and T.C. I think i heard Pig's Hammond B-3 with Lesley speakers in there too. Keep it up Dave!! Love the Jams of the Week too!!

user picture

Member for

9 years 3 months

In reply to by Charlie3

i want some psychedelics for Dark Star Orchestra at the Red Rocks Ampitheater, Colorado on Sept. 8th
i can be as discreet as you wish, Doug 623-777-0858
They are going to play the same sets the Grateful Dead played on Sept 8(same day), 1983!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

It seems like your right. False prophet. ---just estimating.

user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

I hope that's a tongue in cheek joke and if not I appreciate your dilemma but please dont start using this board to secure hookups, especially so publicly. Geesh, CO just decriminalized mushrooms, so show up on lot, I'm sure someone will help you out. We are not living in the safest times for people like us anymore. Elmer Fudd the fascist could be near by, never know whose listening.

user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

...”When the mind is wild with mockery
And filled with pride & haughty arrogance,
And when you want to show the hidden
faults of others, To bring up old dissensions or
to act deceitfully
And when you want to fish for praise
Or criticize and spoil another’s name
Or use harsh language sparring for a fight,
It’s then that like a log, you should remain”...
Have a grateful day my brothers & sisters!
* This morning I reached far & wide into the Dead’s cannon and pulled out 3/27/93 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany NY from the ‘30TATS boxset. First listen since 2015, Im dig’n it! A different kinda set list from most concerts, and some rare performances through out the first night of a three day run... keep on trucking folks! 🙏❤️😎

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

1132 out of 10,000 arrived here. It does have some very nice artwork. The US Blues side of the sleeve has uncle sam shaking hands with a gun with both arms wrapped in money. The loose lucy side has lucy(?) flying/drifting over the Haight Ashbury house(?)

As usual I'm looking for if anyone else got a download site for the digital copy?

Seems the last few I've had to go searching for it. I use to get an email with a location.

Would have put this in the 45 section, but no one is there!

I think it was banter back and forth between Daverock and LMG that got the FW 1969 discussion going. I have been hankering for that vibe.. it had been too long and 1/2&3/70 brought be so close.. but not quite there.. didn't scratch that itch. I had He Was a Friend of Mine running through my head.. (funny to see KF and Stoltzfus found that one).

Stolie pointed me to Big Rock Pow Wow,, and … well.. Wow is right. Started with:

Doing That Rag>
He Was a Friend of Mine >
China Cat Sunflower>
The Eleven>
Death Don't Have No Mercy
___

Ended with Morning Dew for Good Measure

Wow.. so exactly perfect I ended up listening to the other discs in quick order. Itch = scratched.. thanks for the suggestion.

Charlie.. interesting read.

Got the opportunity to see String Cheese for the first time last night at the Cumberland Fairgrounds (great venue.. nice 200 foot cliffs and the mighty Potomac River enclosing the fairgrounds). I am not saying the place compares with Red Rocks.. but it very much reminds me of it. What a great band, had a very good time and lots of guest artists sitting in. (Happy Birthday Del)

He was a Friend of Mine.. such an interesting tune, I like the old Dylan and Dave Van Ronk versions too.. for what it's worth.

I think I will go back to 69 and play around for another day or so.

But first.. a late era Vegas Peggy-O.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX9Vhv4akxc

Have a great weekend all, and for those in the states, enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend.. be kind.

Back to your regularly scheduled Drums and Space

I remember it well

The Mighty Quinn

I was in the throes of lysergia that night, my friends.

The after party was fuuuun

I gained a whole new appreciation for Bear's Choice.

Prophetic lyrics
Thats the last youll see of me
After 5 26 95, i didnt see Jerry again

But i have HEARD him.

:)))

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/dave-s-picks-store/dave-s-picks-vol-30-1.html