• 2,197 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    "To my ears, the best Dead shows are those that not only fit the criteria that make them amongst the best of a year, but that are also completely unique for their era—shows that fit perfectly into their year of performance, but also fall somewhat outside of the norm for that year. Harpur College, Veneta, Cornell, Cape Cod, and Augusta are all shows that are objectively excellent, and if they are not the best from their respective years of performance, they are certainly unique. Miami 6/23/74 falls into that category: not only one of the very best shows from this outstanding year, but also one of the most interesting and unique. It’s certainly worthy of many, many deep listens." - David Lemieux

¡Ándale, ándale! ¡Arriba, arriba! We're back with a hot one from Miami, F-L-A. DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 34 features the complete show from the Jai Alai Fronton, 6/23/74, one with unparalleled sound quality due in equal parts to the Wall Of Sound and the beautiful sonic clarity of Kidd Candelario's tapes. The first set is chock full of dynamite takes on classics like "Ramble On Rose," "Mississippi Half-Step," and "Cumberland Blues." The second set delivers on the JAMS - one leading into a gorgeous "Ship Of Fools," one rare instrumental version of "Dark Star," and a "Spanish Jam," this is Miami after all! The show also offers up a "first" and an "only" - the former, a Seastones set featuring Phil and Ned Lagin and the latter, the sole Grateful Dead performance of Chuck Berry's "Let It Rock."

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.34: JAI ALAI FRONTON, MIAMI, FL 6/23/74 has been mastered from the 7.5 IPS reel-to-reel tapes to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman. ¡Agarrarlo mientras esta calientito! (Get it while it's hot!)

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Subscribed to Dave's Picks? With this release, you'll also get a bonus disc with selections from Miami 6/22/74. Excellente!

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Bolderdash
    Any sub/bonus-disc versions that are unnumbered?

This is kind of an odd question but I am wondering if anyone is aware of the existence of subscriber versions of this (with the bonus disc) that are NOT numbered? The reason I ask is because when this was released, my order got utterly lost en route, and so I contacted Dead.net for a replacement. IIRC, the title was already sold out, and yet I got a replacement with the subscriber bonus disc, which made me happy. I had been so anxious to hear an official version of these shows that by the time the replacement was sent, I had already obtained the digital audio files from what may or may not have been nefarious means.. So I kept my copy sealed. Then, lo and behold, months later my original order shows up at my door, and in one piece too!

But I've been hanging on to that replacement order for years now, and since times are especially tough in my house, I'm considering selling it for whatever the invisible hand of the market decides its worth. However, I can't discover whether or not it is a numbered copy without breaking the shrink wrap. So back to my question - are they any known *unnumbered* copies of this or any other DP entries that shipped with a bonus disc? I've also heard of people collecting the unnumbered / promo copies, which seems weird to me (it's not like promo vinyl where there are sound quality reasons to want a white-label promo).

On a related note, I received another unnumbered copy, this time DP 49, in February, and Dead.net replied to my inquiry in record time and sent out a replacement via FedEx lickity-split. I've also had a few vinyl orders that shipped out FedEx as the default lately. Good on them for (finally) upping their shipping game!

• uncle_tripel

...thanks for passing on the photo's from Jai-Alai from your friend, just looking at them as I load up disc 1 for today's LET IT ROCK n roll show. Sending MANY healing VIBES your way!

PEACE ALL!
    uncle_tripel

• uncle_tripel

keep'em comin', more '74!
    celebrating 50 years!!

uncle_tripel

• icecrmcnkd

Yes, it was available for $28.98 last Thursday.

9-8-73, -2-23-74, 11-2-69/12-26-69 still available.

• icecrmcnkd

I think that 6-23-74 was just available last week as part of the warehouse finds.

• OpenYourEyes
    Please re-release this one or make it available digitally!

See subject.
    Such a shame that these great releases get locked away or only available to those who can pay super inflated prices on the reseller market!

• Forensicdoceleven
    You are the music while the music lasts......

DEWAJACK check your pm..............................

Rock on,

Doc

• daverock

I often look on Discogs site to see if there are second hand box sets that I am looking for. I can't say I have ever bought a Dead show from them-and those I have looked at don't come cheap. But I have found bargains by other artists-so it's worth a look if you haven't checked them out before.

• dewajack
    Default Avatar

Long time Dead listener. I've purchased Dead shows on and off through the years, but have missed the boat on many great shows officially released in recent years due to life's demands. Last item I purchased was "Get Shown the Light." I was wondering is there anywhere to buy sold out official Dead releases for a reasonable price anywhere? I get on eBay and about pass out when I see the prices listed for individual Dave's Picks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Forensicdoceleven

Well, finally got my stuff, not exactly what I asked for but it'll have to do. Better late than never, I suppose...........

Nothing left to discuss here, let's move on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Doc
    Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 3 months

"To my ears, the best Dead shows are those that not only fit the criteria that make them amongst the best of a year, but that are also completely unique for their era—shows that fit perfectly into their year of performance, but also fall somewhat outside of the norm for that year. Harpur College, Veneta, Cornell, Cape Cod, and Augusta are all shows that are objectively excellent, and if they are not the best from their respective years of performance, they are certainly unique. Miami 6/23/74 falls into that category: not only one of the very best shows from this outstanding year, but also one of the most interesting and unique. It’s certainly worthy of many, many deep listens." - David Lemieux

¡Ándale, ándale! ¡Arriba, arriba! We're back with a hot one from Miami, F-L-A. DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 34 features the complete show from the Jai Alai Fronton, 6/23/74, one with unparalleled sound quality due in equal parts to the Wall Of Sound and the beautiful sonic clarity of Kidd Candelario's tapes. The first set is chock full of dynamite takes on classics like "Ramble On Rose," "Mississippi Half-Step," and "Cumberland Blues." The second set delivers on the JAMS - one leading into a gorgeous "Ship Of Fools," one rare instrumental version of "Dark Star," and a "Spanish Jam," this is Miami after all! The show also offers up a "first" and an "only" - the former, a Seastones set featuring Phil and Ned Lagin and the latter, the sole Grateful Dead performance of Chuck Berry's "Let It Rock."

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.34: JAI ALAI FRONTON, MIAMI, FL 6/23/74 has been mastered from the 7.5 IPS reel-to-reel tapes to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman. ¡Agarrarlo mientras esta calientito! (Get it while it's hot!)

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Subscribed to Dave's Picks? With this release, you'll also get a bonus disc with selections from Miami 6/22/74. Excellente!

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

Your right. It was the living room in providence. We used to go there all the time and always took home a few six packs of Woodstock acid for the trip home. Good times.

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

800 hits in the icing!!!!! And that was back in the day when a hit was a hit, none of this do I need 2? No mofo, 1 will more than do!

Can I get an Amen!

….. or some of that Acid Classic.... good enough for Jerry, good enough for me.

Mr Ones...synchronicity...The Complete In A Silent Way Sessions would be in my last 5 too. Beautiful, hypnotic music. I then went backward to the 1965-68 Miles Davis box set, and the 33.32 minute Circle in the Round. I actually enjoy these earlier more tentative electric explorations to the full bore freakouts that came next.

I think its quite good when people show and express different opinions. Its a way of learning. Each of us has their own unique take on things, and its great being in dialogue with people who see things differently to the way you do. So long as you respect them, of course.

This 5/19/74 isn't half bad. When you think of all the vocal drop outs, its ironic that the drop outs that might have improved things don't happen. The ones that do happen don't really detract from what's going on. I know all the words anyway.

LSD cake...I haven't read the link, but its sounds as though it comes from the days before micro dosing.

user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

I'm told to make this announcement short and not political... I'll make it short, but political is weird,like taking a shit is a political act, smoking it is a more political act... but world politics and a rainbow on a pole is what we are about, my name is Wavy Gravy I'm with the Hog Farm.......etc etc..... into a great China>Rider.... be good and safe everyone... bob t

I 100% agree with you on this. Singling out any politician is not helpful, there's plenty of blame to go around including the Clinton era. That was sort of my point (really counter point). I did not mean to offend or askew the facts. I also don't think this forum is served well attaching politics at all to this topic especially in a election year. As a country we collectively screwed this issue up about as bad as you possibly could from one administration to the next for the better part of the last 80 years.

https://www.drugpolicy.org/issues/brief-history-drug-war

user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

Such a long, long time to be gone . . . and a short time to be there . . .

It has NOT been a quiet week here in Lake Wobegon. The scene here in the Twin Cities is surreal. Most of us were under curfew for five nights, and in Saint Paul and Minneapolis, they continued curfew last night. A few main freeways were shut down Saturday evening by the authorities, and helicopters are flying everywhere. The city was eerily quiet over the weekend, except of course where it was exactly the opposite. Thursday I went canoeing on the Mississippi, very close to where things are really happening, and the air was ripe with the horrible stench of burning chemicals, and the river had an oily sheen ALL over it for miles. I almost came home through the neighborhood of Saint Paul where the looting and burning had begun that afternoon (unbeknownst to me), but thankfully I took a north-south street just west of where that action had started. I saw smoke as I drove home, but thought, "That's Saint Paul--why would there be smoke over THERE?!" Got home and found out why.

As a strange juxaposition, we're having absolutely IDYLLIC weather here, in a place not known for such loveliness. I'm just outside the hot spots, but Thursday there was some "minor" looting all the way up a main drag within a mile of my house. The Saint Paul Target and that activity was an area I used to walk to from my old house.

The building immediately south (by a matter of fifteen feet) of the 3rd Precinct Police Station is a non-profit music venue called the Hook & Ladder (it was a fire station years ago). They have a lot of GD-type bands, and I go there fairly often. I have no idea how much smoke and water damage they have sustained. The NEXT building immediately south from there is where some friends of mine have been working on a brewery; in April they said to look for a June 1st opening. :(

I won't offer any opinions on the drug war, just the fact that people of color are 3.6 times more likely to be arrested for marijuana than white people, even though usage per capita is nearly identical.

Requiescat in pace, George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Armery, Philando Castile (an African-American man shot dead by police a mile from my house not quite four years ago--he "looked like" someone they were after--he was NOT the man they were after), Jamar Clark . . .

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

In modern history our current president is the second most popular president elected by a minority of Americans!

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Jim , I still have the bumper sticker .
Dead head brewer, quite the first hand account, thank you.
Non political Dead Heads , Democrat Dead Heads , Republican Dead Heads.
Others who love this music .
At least we have something in common that we love.
“If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem”.
Assignment for a minute or two. See who that quote came from.

user picture

Member for

4 years 6 months

Eldridge Cleaver said " if you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem". Eldridge Cleaver worked in the Dr Anza College library when I was going there back in the 70s. I wonder if that LSD cake that Garcia got into was part of the solution or part of the problem.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

In reply to by Oroborous

there's "a big sheen" on the river

2020...what a year. and we're not even halfway done.

C'mon, America; surely we can do better.

Teachers (like me): keep on teachin'
Deadheads: keep on Truckin'

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Same college? Word!

Powers keep on lyin’
While your people keep on dyin’
World keep on turnin’
Cause it won’t be too long

Stevie Wonder “Higher Ground”

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

In reply to by billy the kid

That Kid Bill - Definitely part of the solution! :-)

I have found cake of this sort, stops my knees from hurting and stops me from going to the bathroom every 5 minutes. Also made it possible to work 8 hours shift in a head shop dealing with meth heads!

user picture

Member for

4 years 6 months

Yeah, Cleaver worked in the De Anza College library as part of his probation agreement. I used to see him in there all the time. Did you check out that LSD cake video that Jim posted, pretty cool. There is also a cool story that I've mentioned on here before about when the Grateful Dead met Led Zepplin, and Pig Pen did some target practice shooting and LED Zepplin took off running. I don't know how to post things or I would post it.

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

In reply to by billy the kid

http://deadessays.blogspot.com/2012/05/dead-vs-led-zeppelin.html

Deadessays BlogSpot is simply the best source on all things GD. Many thanks and a tip of the hat Caleb.

The Grateful Dead might be our favorite benevolent, beloved freaks.. but they were not always universally loved. Led Zep, parts of the ABros, Ray Manzerek, apparently John Fogerty. Lets face it.. there was a scary aspect to the Grateful Dead, especially in the early days. Makes we wonder what Joe Smith thought every time someone offered him a cup of coffee...

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

Cake will NEVER be a problem. Especially chocolate cake. Mmmmmmmmm.

user picture

Member for

14 years 9 months

It's addicting!! Great blog, so much material; the comments are well worth reading as well.

My last ~5:

Spirit 12 Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus
Caravan For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night
GD May 77 1st Box
Red Foley Bear Family Box set
Various Motown Chartbusters Vol. 4 (UK release)

Latest Youtube interest: Colt Clark & the Quarantine Kids (hoping they'll cover Ripple one day)

user picture

Member for

14 years 9 months

In reply to by carlo13

All this talk of cake and drugs reminds me of the British comedy ‘Brass Eye’ An episode called Drugs had a lot of ‘celebrities’ including an MP giving scare stories about the Czechoslovakian drug Cake which apparently had an effect on an area of the brain called Shatner’s Bassoon. I’ m sure it will be on YouTube somewhere.

Led Zeppelin and guns. You have to remember that they were/are British so guns would not be an everyday item to them. Even now our police are, mainly, unarmed.

Great post-thanks for that. It painted a good picture of what life must be like where you are .
It alsoreminded me that it was a weird juxtaposition of effects here in Lowestoft, when the lockdown was first put into place at the end of March. The weather seemed to improve dramatically, which normally brings people out of their houses and from neighbouring towns to visit. This year, the nicer the weather became, the less people there were about to enjoy it.

A few renowned rockers from Britain have been publicly scornful of the Dead. Lemmy and John Lydon have both described being unimpressed by Bickershaw and Ally Pally respectively. Elvis Costello thought they were okay though. The Dead were very unfashionable in Britain, in my neck of the woods, during the mid 70s-well, not many people I knew even knew who they were. Their sound was a lot more relaxed, and less immediately dramatic or theatrical than a lot of the bands I saw at that time.

user picture

Member for

14 years 9 months

In reply to by daverock

Elvis Costello did an acoustic medley of Ship of Fools and Musta' Been the Roses, very nice.
Jerry did an interview in 1981 for the New Musical Express..by far the most unfriendly interviewer he faced; trying to remember his name, may have been Paul Morley. Jerry handled it very well, the interview is worth tracking down(titled: Grateful Dead: What A Long Predictable Trip It's Become)

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

Even Keith Richards said he didn't like them. He said he wasn't a fan, or words to that effect, and then he said something like, "sorry Jerry, there's just too much poodling around up there". I thought wow talk about adding insult to injury. He's noodling not poodling Keith.

I also read that he doesn't like Zeppelin. He commented that the drums are too loud which is probably where the LED came from.

Revisting DaP 32 from 3/24/73 at the moment. Added a good quality soundboard of Bird Song and a longer Dark Star for seasoning (also from March '73). Also added a March '73 Wharf Rat to crossfade near seamlessly with the Wharf Rat teaser intro at the end of the legitimate March 24th 4 minute Dark Star. I feel like that one's fair game because Jerry was a couple of bars into Wharf Rat before abandoning it for Sing Me Back Home. I'm calling concert foul on that one.

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

In reply to by Cousins Of The…

To follow-up on earlier comments, no harm intended.

Both Charlie3 and dreading are some of the most thoughtful, considerate and intelligent posters here. My comments, though not in 100% agreement, were sent with respect an no hostility (at least no disrespect or hostility intended). I hope they both know that, and I sincerely mean this as a compliment to both.

If we all agreed 100% of the time, well, life would be super swell and groovy in a brady bunch way, but weird and not the good weird. If that makes sense. I am no role model.

Again, no disrespect meant whatsoever. Do carry on, and sincere apologies if I offended or was out of line.

Phuqum

If they don't get it, they don't get it.

Many people _do_ get it.

I dont get Kiss. But many people do.

Lemmy dissin' the GD? that sux. Motorhead is probably my next favorite band after the GD. Oh well.

I hate seafood. But many people love it.

For all the haters, I am glad the band lasted 30 years, and the band members made a bunch of bank doing their thing.

Living well is the best revenge.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Hey Jim, no offense was taken on my end, hope the same is true for you as I certainly meant no offense. These are tricky things to talk about, but civil discourse can only improve mutual understanding and most of the different opinions seem to be expressed in a civil manner on this thread at least. I know I have thought about things in a different light after reading comments on here in the past just because the civil tone makes me more likely to listen. So again, hope I didn't offend anyone either, and I have seen nothing which would in any way warrant taking offense myself.

Trust me, I am aware that I have some rather individualized views on a variety of topics and I don't expect everyone to agree with me on all of them. We should all give and receive mutual respect, but mutual agreement is not required and would be unreasonable to request. As I think someone on here already pointed out, if everyone just treats everyone else the way they want to be treated themselves, a substantial number of our problems would vanish. But man, 2020 - global plagues, locusts in India, tragedies and riots here - I'm hoping for an improvement for the last half of the year.

....I usually don't come here to vent. Rewrote a post I posted here a few hours ago, because when I typed out those words, I was very upset and pissed. I then gathered my emotions and feelings and removed it. But, for those of you that did read it, I wasn't wrong.
I'd rather vent about who was the best Grateful Dead keyboard player or whether they played better indoors or outdoors, or which is better. Indica or Sativa.
Ps. I get KISS.

user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

In reply to by LedDed

no...I doubt we will. I've now given you ample ways to contact me. You haven't reached out.
You called me out on my ARMY service and I take great personal offence at that...to say the least.
I had friends die...your fellow countrymen and neighbors in defense of your way of life. . Enjoy your privileges, given to you from others.

This is the last time I will pollute these boards with bad vibes.
Good luck out there people. See ya down the road. I'm never coming here again.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

...haven't we all played both roles in this song at one time or another? https://youtu.be/fZoY2mf5pQ4
I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been an asshole a time or two, and I've met quite a few.

EDIT: In an abundance of caution, I think I should point out my title here and state again, this is not directed at anyone, just a funny song and idea we can all be assholes from time to time. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and all that.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

In reply to by Cousins Of The…

Yes, it was Paul Morley who interviewed Jerry in the NME in 1981. I remember it well. Apparently he said afterwards that Jerry was one of the most intelligent and articulate people he ever interviewed.
There was an earlier article on The Dead in the NME in 1974 written by Nick Kent, one of the best journalists covering music in the 1970s. He didn't like The Dead either....but the article was so well written, and he painted such an exotic picture of the band that it really intrigued me to find out more about them. It was called "Whatever Happened to The Cosmic Dream" - and I wanted to find out. Still do.

Its ironic that sometimes detractors of something provide a greater service to the band ( or subject) they are detracting from than do all out enthusiasts. As William Blake wrote, "Opposition is true friendship."

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Dave's 34 came plopping through my door this morning. I have placed it, unopened, at the foot of my stairs for opening in three days time.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

The custom's charge card has just plopped through my letterbox, so something must be happening in Lowestoft, given that Daverock has received his, and I think that like me lives in the sleepy, most easterly point of the UK. So, it will be a trip across the bridge to the depot in the next few days to collect it.

I'm a big Costello fan, and am sure that he's a Dead fan. They get frequent mentions in interviews with him, and he contributed to the Stolen Roses tribute thing, as I think others have alluded to.

Whilst still technically working through Covid-19, given the nature of my job there's been plenty of 'downtime', which has allowed sheds to be painted and allotments to be weeded within an inch of their lives, at least in comparison to normal, whatever that was or will be in the future. Plenty of listening time too, in the home primarily, and not in the car where most has previously occurred. With colleagues and friends self-isolating though, and not seeing anybody as much anyway, we've been sharing musical tastes. So I've been able to turn a mate onto Little Feat, Big Star, The Idle Race, Skip Bifferty and Blossom Toes, for example, whilst he's made all the Badfinger albums available to me, as well as Paul Revere and the Raiders, The Coral and much more: stuff I was aware of but hadn't got nor really listened to. Obviously, there's still so much music out there I don't really know about...

We've also been doing a weekly catch up on our respective listening, so my last five are:
Bob Dylan - Paris 1966 - from the 1966 tour box set,
The Blue Nile - Hats,
Super Furry Animals - Out Spaced (fantastic B Sides compilation),
Country Joe & The Fish - Electric Music for the Mind and Body,
and, Neil Young (and the Santa Monica Flyers) - Roxy, Tonight's The Night Live...

All the best, and hope others still waiting for DaP 34 get good news soon...

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Phantom Engineer - I see you said you had time to paint your "sheds".

You must be the legendary Arthur "2 sheds" Jackson!

user picture

Member for

17 years

Tremendous patience! Which disc are you going to sample first? They're all good in my opinion. I do like the occasional banter interspersed throughout the set. Have a grateful day everyone! :-)

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by wilfredtjones

.....stick around bro.

user picture

Member for

10 years

Every now and then the cast of characters who gather around here have to recalibrate after some of us vent about something controversial. It's easy to reduce each other to their "avatars" and say things in a way we'd never say to a real person. Hope we can all take a deep breath and put things in perspective and maybe you'll give us another try. In the meantime you'll be missed, and I, for one, thank you for your service.

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

In reply to by JeffSmith

Thanks JRF, hope to see you around.

Strange and difficult times. The Wheel is turnin'....

Heeeeyyyyyy, Charlie, that’s my theme song your playing! 😎

JRF: we love ya bro, so please don’t go!
Many of us have made a wrong turn here before, but like the big goofy family we are, we always play through it....

DaP 34: glad our mates across the pond are finally getting theirs! Good stuff mon, ENJOY! I suggest the bonus disc first...look forward to hearing all y’alls critiques...

SKULLTRIP: anyone hear from SKULLTRIP lately? I know he’s had high risk concerns since the scourge started. Haven’t heard from him in a while, hope he’s ok?

Phantomengineer - it doesn't actually say this on the Dave Picks cards the post office are giving out, but the depot is only open between 7.00am and 9.00am. I arrived mid morning a few days ago, and got a very frosty reception from a middle aged woman in a uniform who looked as though she hated the Dead even more than Nick Kent. She told me there was no way she was handing over the cd outside the appointed time-and that she was just following the governments instructions ! Sounded as though she had been told by Boris Johnson personally.

More near synchronicity-I just played Dylan Live at The Albert Hall 27th May 1966. Priceless introduction to Visions of Johanna...this is not a druuurg song. I don't write druuurg songs etc.

Wilfred - I will play the bonus disc first. I always play Dead shows in collections in the order in which they were played. Even with boxes. Consequently I am much more familiar with the Wembley shows from early April 1972 than I am with the late May shows 1972-I sometimes never get there, and at the beginning of each year I have to go back to the beginning of the box again. But these 1974 shows look right up my street-roll on Monday!

If you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to collect your DaP #34 then the Royal Mail website says the following:

“Customer Service Points – Temporary Change in Opening Hours

We have changed the opening times of our Customer Services Points in our local delivery offices. Our largest locations will be open between 07:00-11:00am. All other Customer Service Points will be open between 07:00-09:00am. All will be closed on Wednesday and Sunday.”

In my case the package has been in the UK since 29th May but there is no sign here in the NW of England yet.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

I re-read the collection card a little while ago, and will pay the customs charge online and await delivery, presumably now, early next week.

Back to Paris, the real problems for Bob start when he's attempting, unsuccessfully, to retune his guitar prior to playing 'Just Like a Woman'. The crowd are already getting slightly tetchy, but after five minutes of attempting to get things right, including asking, presumably Bobby Neuwirth, for a replacement guitar and not getting one, Bob says, "I wanna get out of here as fast as you wanna get out of here" in response to the latest jibe from the audience. Priceless! A typically, incendiary electric set follows. And all on his 25th birthday as well. Thanks christ this stuff exists...

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

10 Year Anniversary Today.
Sixtus is pretty lucky Iggy Loves him as she does and Is; It's a Happy Day.

Things continue to swirl, the proverbial whirlwind.

We'll All get there together.
Be Well, People.

Sixtus

user picture

Member for

6 years 4 months

I also was not intending to hit below the belt or anything. If I singled you out I didn't really mean to. I honestly don't recall and gave up trying to find what I posted. Your post reminded me of the war on drugs discussion that started here a couple of years ago when Ronnie R was mentioned in a negative light when one of the early Daves Picks was released may be Colorado 81. There was a lot of similar sentiment going around. I'm not a big fan of politicians or the two pary divide and conquer system but I believe in keeping both sides of a dtory that divides people on the table so I said something when I ignored it last time. Nothing personal at all coming from end and if it sounded that way I sincerely apologize to you Jim.

Keep on Truckin like the doo da man.
Peace and Sunshine Daydreams.
Look for a while at the China Cat Sunflower.

All good.

user picture

Member for

15 years 5 months

In reply to by Sixtus_

Happy 10th Anniversary to you and Iggy

Party tonight at Chez 70-Sixtus?

I'm all in.. where should we park the RV's and where do we set up all the tents?

Look for me driving up 95 today. I will be the one driving the refrigerated beer truck modified with Macintosh amps and stacks of JBL speakers neatly arranged in symmetrical line arrays.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/dave-s-picks-store/dave-s-picks-vol-34.html