• 2,197 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    "To my ears, the best Dead shows are those that not only fit the criteria that make them amongst the best of a year, but that are also completely unique for their era—shows that fit perfectly into their year of performance, but also fall somewhat outside of the norm for that year. Harpur College, Veneta, Cornell, Cape Cod, and Augusta are all shows that are objectively excellent, and if they are not the best from their respective years of performance, they are certainly unique. Miami 6/23/74 falls into that category: not only one of the very best shows from this outstanding year, but also one of the most interesting and unique. It’s certainly worthy of many, many deep listens." - David Lemieux

¡Ándale, ándale! ¡Arriba, arriba! We're back with a hot one from Miami, F-L-A. DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 34 features the complete show from the Jai Alai Fronton, 6/23/74, one with unparalleled sound quality due in equal parts to the Wall Of Sound and the beautiful sonic clarity of Kidd Candelario's tapes. The first set is chock full of dynamite takes on classics like "Ramble On Rose," "Mississippi Half-Step," and "Cumberland Blues." The second set delivers on the JAMS - one leading into a gorgeous "Ship Of Fools," one rare instrumental version of "Dark Star," and a "Spanish Jam," this is Miami after all! The show also offers up a "first" and an "only" - the former, a Seastones set featuring Phil and Ned Lagin and the latter, the sole Grateful Dead performance of Chuck Berry's "Let It Rock."

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.34: JAI ALAI FRONTON, MIAMI, FL 6/23/74 has been mastered from the 7.5 IPS reel-to-reel tapes to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman. ¡Agarrarlo mientras esta calientito! (Get it while it's hot!)

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Subscribed to Dave's Picks? With this release, you'll also get a bonus disc with selections from Miami 6/22/74. Excellente!

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Bolderdash
    Any sub/bonus-disc versions that are unnumbered?

This is kind of an odd question but I am wondering if anyone is aware of the existence of subscriber versions of this (with the bonus disc) that are NOT numbered? The reason I ask is because when this was released, my order got utterly lost en route, and so I contacted Dead.net for a replacement. IIRC, the title was already sold out, and yet I got a replacement with the subscriber bonus disc, which made me happy. I had been so anxious to hear an official version of these shows that by the time the replacement was sent, I had already obtained the digital audio files from what may or may not have been nefarious means.. So I kept my copy sealed. Then, lo and behold, months later my original order shows up at my door, and in one piece too!

But I've been hanging on to that replacement order for years now, and since times are especially tough in my house, I'm considering selling it for whatever the invisible hand of the market decides its worth. However, I can't discover whether or not it is a numbered copy without breaking the shrink wrap. So back to my question - are they any known *unnumbered* copies of this or any other DP entries that shipped with a bonus disc? I've also heard of people collecting the unnumbered / promo copies, which seems weird to me (it's not like promo vinyl where there are sound quality reasons to want a white-label promo).

On a related note, I received another unnumbered copy, this time DP 49, in February, and Dead.net replied to my inquiry in record time and sent out a replacement via FedEx lickity-split. I've also had a few vinyl orders that shipped out FedEx as the default lately. Good on them for (finally) upping their shipping game!

• uncle_tripel

...thanks for passing on the photo's from Jai-Alai from your friend, just looking at them as I load up disc 1 for today's LET IT ROCK n roll show. Sending MANY healing VIBES your way!

PEACE ALL!
    uncle_tripel

• uncle_tripel

keep'em comin', more '74!
    celebrating 50 years!!

uncle_tripel

• icecrmcnkd

Yes, it was available for $28.98 last Thursday.

9-8-73, -2-23-74, 11-2-69/12-26-69 still available.

• icecrmcnkd

I think that 6-23-74 was just available last week as part of the warehouse finds.

• OpenYourEyes
    Please re-release this one or make it available digitally!

See subject.
    Such a shame that these great releases get locked away or only available to those who can pay super inflated prices on the reseller market!

• Forensicdoceleven
    You are the music while the music lasts......

DEWAJACK check your pm..............................

Rock on,

Doc

• daverock

I often look on Discogs site to see if there are second hand box sets that I am looking for. I can't say I have ever bought a Dead show from them-and those I have looked at don't come cheap. But I have found bargains by other artists-so it's worth a look if you haven't checked them out before.

• dewajack
    Default Avatar

Long time Dead listener. I've purchased Dead shows on and off through the years, but have missed the boat on many great shows officially released in recent years due to life's demands. Last item I purchased was "Get Shown the Light." I was wondering is there anywhere to buy sold out official Dead releases for a reasonable price anywhere? I get on eBay and about pass out when I see the prices listed for individual Dave's Picks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Forensicdoceleven

Well, finally got my stuff, not exactly what I asked for but it'll have to do. Better late than never, I suppose...........

Nothing left to discuss here, let's move on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Doc
    Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 3 months

"To my ears, the best Dead shows are those that not only fit the criteria that make them amongst the best of a year, but that are also completely unique for their era—shows that fit perfectly into their year of performance, but also fall somewhat outside of the norm for that year. Harpur College, Veneta, Cornell, Cape Cod, and Augusta are all shows that are objectively excellent, and if they are not the best from their respective years of performance, they are certainly unique. Miami 6/23/74 falls into that category: not only one of the very best shows from this outstanding year, but also one of the most interesting and unique. It’s certainly worthy of many, many deep listens." - David Lemieux

¡Ándale, ándale! ¡Arriba, arriba! We're back with a hot one from Miami, F-L-A. DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 34 features the complete show from the Jai Alai Fronton, 6/23/74, one with unparalleled sound quality due in equal parts to the Wall Of Sound and the beautiful sonic clarity of Kidd Candelario's tapes. The first set is chock full of dynamite takes on classics like "Ramble On Rose," "Mississippi Half-Step," and "Cumberland Blues." The second set delivers on the JAMS - one leading into a gorgeous "Ship Of Fools," one rare instrumental version of "Dark Star," and a "Spanish Jam," this is Miami after all! The show also offers up a "first" and an "only" - the former, a Seastones set featuring Phil and Ned Lagin and the latter, the sole Grateful Dead performance of Chuck Berry's "Let It Rock."

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.34: JAI ALAI FRONTON, MIAMI, FL 6/23/74 has been mastered from the 7.5 IPS reel-to-reel tapes to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman. ¡Agarrarlo mientras esta calientito! (Get it while it's hot!)

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Subscribed to Dave's Picks? With this release, you'll also get a bonus disc with selections from Miami 6/22/74. Excellente!

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Out of the blue felt like hearing fleetwood mac tusk album
Some good tracks
Some sleepy tracks

Looked across the street
Saw a guy who looked like phineas freak about 20 pounds heavier
Lit up his bowl
Lol

user picture

Member for

17 years

Hope everybody here is ok and staying safe. Also hope that those who struggle find the love needed. My struggles seem so insignificant now.

Haven't posted here a lot lately. Like probably many if not most, I'm pretty fried. So much going on now. Very dark times. Trying to get through and make the best of a fucked situation like we probably all are.

So far I know 5 people who got the virus. 2 have died. Very heartbreaking. I'm sure many of us have lost someone we know through this, even if not necessarily because of the virus. My hearts out to all of you.

Essential workers have proven to be heroes, many not appreciated or compensated as they should. Thank you if you've worked through this.

Regarding the protests, I hope people keep sight of the point of social injustice towards people because of race. Buildings and windows can be replaced. People can't.

I notice that some of the popular "fan run" social media Dead discussion platforms (one of ehich I've discussed here in the past) have been overrun by priveledge and devolved into political angst. Too bad. No surprise. They weren't exactly friendly to fans of era's they don't like so not surprised their sight is now as unGrateful as it gets. I've been on there since that pages inception but haven't posted there a lot after my "era" spats with a couple of the admin there. Racism rears its ugly head everywhere unfortunately. Disappointing.

Regarding Dave's Picks 34. Over the last few months I 've found that '72 - '77 Dead has been hitting my sweet spots. I still and always will love and request more '80s and '90s Dead, but between E72, May 77, PNW, DaPs, Dps, Etc etc, and the often melancholy mood I've been trapped in, I truly find the emotion, nuance, energy, warmth of the recordings...pretty much the full package has reached me in ways that the previous 35+ years of listening to this music. These shows represented in this release sound like pure magic to my ears. At times it's so clear as if Bob is sitting in the same room with me. The sadness in Jerry's voice. Donna at her melodic and harmonic best (and even the screams now hit me). Hard to put into words or express this. It's beautiful. I'll say that.

A moment from a listen to 6/7/77 Winterland to floored me a few minutes ago....Terrapin>Dew. That segway was so perfect. A tear came to my eye.

Man....I miss live music. ;(

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Jim, I’m setting up my tent on the 7th fairway of the frisbee golf course.
It’s the tie-dye tent with the BBQ smoker and the keg of Julius. I also picked up one of those anniversary cakes with doses in the frosting.
Bring your thumping stereo and some fireworks.

user picture

Member for

7 years 3 months

Today is June 6. 1944 marked the day when the good ol' US of A went over across the pond and began to set things right. A lot of people died and the whole sordid affair was ugly and unfortunate, but some times that's the way it goes. I mean, what else can one say?

I would never try to leverage someone's commentary off this forum. If anyone bothered going back, I took a square kick in the balls as some kind of callous, racist ass over my semi-endorsement of policemen and women who are trying to do their job in extraordinary difficult circumstances. I answered, in the only way I know how, lethally and logically like the shitkicking Scorpio I am.

My paternal grandfather was an army MP in WWII who was assigned guard of one of Hitler's captured private railroad cars. Now in my possession handed down from my father is some kind of iron cross medal, as well as a small dagger, swastika embossed. Like an evil letter opener. Apparently my grandpa palmed these items from the rail car and they have ended up with me. I also have a trove of b&w photos of my papa standing amongst bombed out buildings, riding in jeeps, holding his rifle, etc. over in Europe. Given me by my beloved grandmother who is still alive in her 90s in a home and can't see any of us because of this goddamn covid nightmare. Sigh.

Dark? Yes. Weird? Yes also. Valuable? I don't care to know. The last thing in the world I'd do is sell these artifacts. They're gonna gather dust in my safety deposit box until I bequeath them to my sons, and if they have a better idea, so be it. Museum pieces I say - maybe we'll make a group decision to donate them.

My other grandfather was a Marine in the Korean war. He never talked about it...

I could not have more respect for veterans, depending on the veteran. I mean, I don't respect William Calley at My Lai, but then I wasn't there. What a giant can of worms this is.

In short, I was wronged and called out the offending party. Then, going back and re-reading the thread, I felt absolutely justified in defending myself, I'm a two-time Obama voter and no kind of racist dick. But, I could have simply explained myself without taking shots at my aggressor. But I did. And two wrongs, yadda yadda...

These are tough times. It's unfortunate that this dude might not stick around for the olive branch, but it is what it is.

Be well everyone in these times of trouble.

\m/

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

In reply to by LedDed

Hang in there SpaceBro. I think we are all just trying to get through this year somehow... and do it the best way we know how to causing as little harm as possible and in the odd chance we can do so with grace dignity and style all the better.

JRF/Led, so sorry to see this. I think sometimes intentions get lost through the ether and sometimes things are not perceived as we tried to write them. Words are tricky things. I have re-read my posts from a previous day and thought.. well, that didn't come out exactly as I meant it to. I have also gotten different meanings from others posts than what they intended. Tricky days. I am of the opinion that what most of us share in common outweighs our differences.

Hopefully we can all get through this year with as much grace, dignity and style as possible. Be kind folks, and to all those suffering and hurting, March winds gonna blow all your troubles away..

Crap.. don't post and drive. I think I just parked the beer truck on top of Sixtus' gas grill. At least it wasn't his dog.

So put on your favorite China Rider.. I'm still big on Portland '74 at the moment. And imagine being a headlight on a northbound train. Can't hurt.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Pretty funny segment on the documentary Soundbreaking talking about the recording of Fleetwood Mac's Tusk album. They interview Lindsey Buckingham and he is excited talking about the sounds he would get by repeatedly chanting a single syllable into a microphone under different conditions and looping the recording at different speeds to get new sounds, made it sound like great fun. Cut to Stevie Nicks and she's basically like, yeah, I was bored to tears, a lot of the recording was just Lindsey laying on the ground going uh-uh-uh-uh-uh into the mic over and over while the rest of the band stood and watched going yeah Lindsey, that's great...and then he'd switch to ah-ah-ah-ah. I'm paraphrasing, and probably not fully conveying the scene, but it was pretty funny.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 8 months

Re: DP #34 - Anybody in Ontario, Canada receive theirs yet? Mine was shipped on April 29/20 and still nothing.
Thanks

....and cops kill. Without even blinking an eye. Body Cam? Conveniently off. Badge numbers? Conveniently covered. Take that for what you will.
We are witnessing history. I need a raging China -> Rider.
I got on a changing my avatar daily thing for awhile. It was fun for me. My Floyd avatar is going to stick around. And, no. His first name isn't Pink. Which is a running "joke" I've read on social media.
Hey joeincanada. You gotta spare room?

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

...pushes Rumours over the top for me. That song is so good it almost puts me in a trance.
Edit: No almost about it, that tune just melts my brain in the most pleasant of ways.

user picture

Member for

12 years 7 months

...is Ventura 85 quickly becoming one of my top 10's? That "Estimated" and “drums-space” is just wreaking havoc on my vulnerable thinker…but in a good way.

Also…a quick glance at the calendar reminds me it’s time again to raise a glass--a toast/moment of silence to the Americans who stormed Normandy and literally helped save the world! Here’s to you!

And lastly friends, ...I've been here a while, seen some shit, and I can assure you I never have/never will attempt to run anybody off this board for stating their opinion. And let it be known I'm not easily offended. Say what you will, especially if that rant helps/or assists you maintain a positive mental state. Sometimes you got to vent. So let it out... However, I do come here for/and do prefer the music talk...and you guys are the absolute experts!

Now who needs a drink!?! I'm buying.........

user picture

Member for

4 years 6 months

One of the things I liked about Ventura, was that they sold beer there, you couldn't buy beer at the Frost or the Greek.. When we were driving down to Ventura in 82 , Steve Wozniak drove by us , he was probably going down South to work on the U.S. festival. In 1985, there were lots of fires in the hills in Ventura County, that's why the Dead did Fire on the Mountain for their second song that year.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

In reply to by RobbZ

I think most people on here know the difference between how the Dead sounded in, say, 1970, compared to how they sounded in 1990, to pick two dates at random. Why do we need to have anything more in common than that? The greater the range of opinions expressed in any group, the more interesting that group is likely to be. Imagine only being with people who were exactly like you ! Ghastly.

I can't remember where I read the phrase, but I always liked it - we are all the same, with infinite diversity.

DAVEROCK
I’m sure it isn’t what you were thinking of but there is the Vulcan phrase in Star Trek ‘Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations’.

D-Day
While a large number of Americans ‘crossed the pond’ that happened before D-Day and it was allied troops that landed on the beaches. A lot of work had been done prior to the invasion by SOE operatives working with the French Resistance and it shouldn’t be forgotten that the number of troops faced by the allies was made much smaller than it might have been by the need for Axis troops to be on the Eastern front where they were being pushed back by the Red Army. Remember that the Russians were on our side back then. Things go better when we cooperate. Isolationism is always a mistake.

Last 5
Bass Works - James Tenney
Crippled Symmetry - Morton Feldman
Red Cross - John Fahey
Music of Epirus Vol 1 1925 - 1940 - Various Artists, who could fail to like a song called ‘Peasant Girl, they’ve taken the sheep’
Free Jazz - Ornette Coleman

So much music, so little time.

,a happy grateful Sunday to all my brothers and sisters out there in deadland! Hope to find everyone is well and enjoying the great outdoors this weekend & some Good Ol’ Grateful Dead music as your soundtrack !
I agree with Daverocks point of view , I believe there is a beautiful group of members on ths grateful forum. And like any family we are bound to bump heads & disagree with another’s feelings and opinions , that’s life. What counts at the end of the day is we can All walk away peacefully & civilly towards each other and keeping an open mind is a great rule of thumb 👍
Have a grateful day folks, keep on trucking!

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

In reply to by Vguy72

Funny you mention Pink. A couple of weeks ago(?), I was telling my buddy how I keep getting email mails about George Floyd. Because of what ever mental condition I have, I always read half-ass. First I see George and thinks it's about my buddy, then another part sees Floyd and of course I think Pink. He sent me a pic of a black guy at the protest with a pink Floyd shirt on! Said, I guess he makes the mistake too!

Side note - whenever I see banter back and forth about meaning lost in translation, I think of Inherit The Wind with Spencer Tracy. Many good quotes, here's one.

Henry Drummond: I don’t swear for the hell of it. Language is a poor enough means of communication. We’ve got to use all the words we’ve got. Besides, there are damn few words anybody understands.

Inherit the Wind

Ok, one more from that movie that always springs to mind.

Henry Drummond: The Bible is a book. It’s a good book, but it is not the only book.

People do not come to the Internet so that their bad information can be corrected or their cherished theories disproven. Rather, they ask the electronic oracle to confirm them in their ignorance.

user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

In reply to by Dennis

... Denice post, “People do not come to the Internet so that their bad information can be corrected or their cherished theories disproven. Rather, they ask the electronic oracle to confirm them in their ignorance.”
...what the F—- does that really mean?! Lol lmao ha ha ... I’m not laughing at you , don’t take this the wrong way, I’m laughing at myself because your last paragraph you wrote flew right over my “Bain-Dead DeadHead!” 😂🙏❤️💀🌹

user picture

Member for

14 years 9 months

Fascinating piece in my newspaper. The last person claiming a civil war pension has recently died. Her father was over 80 when she was born. He fought on both sides in the war.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by Dennis

Roger Water’s 2020 tour was supposed to start in a few weeks, but got pushed back to 2021 due to coronavirus.
I suspect that Roger will use the time to rework the show and include references to George, Ahmaud, and others now that the world has changed so much since Roger first planned the show.

It seems to be a good thing that there are millions of cellphone cameras around the world.
The camera doesn’t lie, but people do.

user picture

Member for

14 years 9 months

I’m watching a documentary on the tv at the moment ‘Come Together: The Rise of the Festival’ and they’re talking about Woodstock and in the background Jefferson Airplane are singing a song from Volunteers. The subtitles show them singing ‘All the tears of America’ repeatedly. I know that subtitles are to help the hard of hearing but I didn’t realise they were written by them as well :)
Stay safe, maintain social distancing and be kind.

“If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.”
― Kahlil Gibran

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

DaveRock, nice to see you bringing up Wordsworth, he was the first poet that really clicked for me, Tintern Abbey being the poem that made me go hmmm... Kind of opened my eyes to poetry in general as worth checking out. One of my most cherished possessions is a copy of The Works of Wordworth published in 1896 and marked with the name of two maternal relatives, the first dated '97 (1897) and the second of whom I met when she was an old woman and I later acquired the book while helping clean out her house after she died in the 1980s. Sometimes these threads send you down some random pathway of memory.
Spun the second disc of 2/27/69 yesterday while running some errands, that Dark Star never disappoints.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

Everywhere I hear the sound of marchin'
Chargin' feet boy
'cause summer's here
and the time is right
for fighting in the street boy

Song lyrix
Not a call to arms

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

I just noticed the shows you attended and realized I went to about half as many but on the east coast. How do you remember all the dates. Ticket stubs were not really cared about back then so I only found about a dozen in my back pocket of my Jean's on occasions. Its amazing how corrupt times have become since the days of mail-order or record store ticket sales that had a hundred people waiting in line all day. The worst part is the convenience fee or some other buzzword they use to add on to the ticket price. I call it the push-the-button-for-the-ticket-to pop-up-fee which was 50 cents per ticket in the 80s and now its like 40% or more of the actual ticket price added on. I would never give them the satisfaction of this corruption and I'm not a cheapskate at all but charging almost $800.00 for 4 people to see a concert that lasts an hour. I think not. I cant comment on dead and co. Because I never went to see them since 95'. I miss poor jerry.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by carlo13

....i remember because is still have every ticket stub except my first one.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by Vguy72

https://youtu.be/edndNOfBI0U
....chills and goosebumps. Sadness yet hope. If there is any youtube video out there that needs more likes and views, its that one.

Bonus points for the incredible editing.

The police know they have cameras aimed at them at all times, and give zero fucks. Especially that one cop reaching into the car window and beating the driver. Probably beats his wife too. Fuck that guy.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

In reply to by Charlie3

Beautiful books have always been among my most treasured possessions, too. Poetry, like rock n' roll, adds meaning to life for me.
At the other end of the spectrum, I have always hated mobile phones. Walking round London ( in those distant days when you could) everywhere you went, seemingly, people were looking at their phones as they walked along, stopping only to record things on them And yet...recent footage has show that films taken on such things can actually be agents for social change. Hopefully.

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

Big black cop on NYPD Blue, right?

I think he said in one episode, "Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." I think he was going home to talk to the wife about sleeping with her sister.? I could be wrong.

I heard Bruce Willis has sung with the Allmans, fat fucking chance there, huh!

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Sad to say I'm such an asshole romantic, that I have every stub of every event me and "she who must be obeyed" have been to,,,,, more or less. All stubs go in my "junk" drawer in my dresser, there is shit in there that predates both wives!

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

I hope you dont have any love letters that predate both wives in that same drawer. I found some of mine from my teen girlfriends back in the day. It's funny to see how I thought about love when I was a teenager 35 or more years ago.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

In reply to by Dennis

James Baldwin, writer and activist

1924-1987

Hes the guy at the start of the video posted by vguy

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

I bought a copy of "Another Country", one of his novels, about 10 years ago, and still haven't got round to reading it. Maybe now is the time. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Incidentally, Tintern Abbey, the poem by Wordsworth mentioned by Charlie, is the last one in the collection of Coleridge/Wordsworth poems-"Lyrical Ballads" that I am reading. If Robert Hunter hadn't read and digested these, I'll eat my face mask.

..., oh David, you made me spit my organic coffee from the rich mountains of Peru all over my self and the kitchen cabinets lol ha ha thank is a good one, my friend! Thank you for some good ol healthy laughter this grateful morning. 🙏😂💀🌹

user picture

Member for

17 years

I've just finished listening to the whole show. Row Jimmy is absolut fantastic, so much feeling in it.
Thank you Jerry.
And still waiting for the postman to deliver DaP 34!!!

user picture

Member for

14 years 9 months

It’s never good to get a demand for money, but having just given Royal Mail £13.54 I can now expect DaP34 to arrive on Wednesday. Something to look forward to. Dylan and Neil Young albums due at the end of next week so life is good.

user picture

Member for

17 years

In reply to by JimInMD

If you’re in the U.K. Rough Trade are offering the vinyl version of Portland at reduced cost:

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/grateful-dead/portland-memorial-coliseum-…

Also, on topic my copy of DaP34 arrived today. £13.52 customs charge which is not too bad. Just listened to the bonus disc which is pretty fine. Great version of China/Rider.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

It finally arrived and it was worth the wait. This is a great show, beautiful sound and, for me, some stand out versions. 'To Lay Me Down' and 'Ship Of Fools', to name but two, are excellent but the entire show is worthy. Thanks to everyone who brought us this gem.

user picture

Member for

17 years

I'm still looking for someone to help me straighten out my Longfellow.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by Slow Dog Noodle

Was that a little Rod going back to school lol

user picture

Member for

17 years

You nailed it. Here's another gem from that one:

Bring us a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. And then bring one every ten minutes.

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

In reply to by Slow Dog Noodle

What a talent that guy was.. What memories... without comedy is like life before technicolor.

I could go on, but in my life my favorites were, in no particular order....

Carlin
Pryor
Chapelle
Dangerfield
Williams
Hon Mention
Silverman

Thank you for posting that video...that song from 1991 paired with those images from the past week and half... so powerful. Sadly, it also shows how little progress we've made.

Peace

user picture

Member for

6 years 10 months

Jim, love every one on your list. Franklin Ajaye was another great one.
None of these would have been possible without Lenny Bruce.
So......what’s #35 gonna be??

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/dave-s-picks-store/dave-s-picks-vol-34.html