• 1,829 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    Sweet liberty! We're venturing into the depths of 80s Dead with the complete show from 4/20/84 at the Philadelphia Civic Center and we're placing bets you'll think this one is more than fine. A strong contender for our mega 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN boxed set, 4/20/84 missed the cut by virtue of its setlist being a wee bit too similar to the years before and after. As DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 35, it's found its time to shine. The first set delivers yin yang harmony between Jerry and Bobby songs, yielding driven and powerful takes on tracks like "Feel Like A Stranger," "Cold Rain And Snow," and "Brown-Eyed Women." The second set begs the question - will we ever stop peaking? - with a monumental "Scarlet>Fire," a ripping "Samson and Delilah," a "Space" that pulls shapes that know no names, and that "Morning Dew" - get.in.to.it! And because this one might have ended just a little too soon, we've packed disc 2 and 3 with knock-your-socks-off bonus material from most of the second set from the previous night, 4/19/84. Grab ahold while you can!

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.35: PHILADELPHIA CIVIC CENTER, PHILADELPHIA 4/20/84 has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman and is guaranteed to sell out. 

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Morning Sun
    Default Avatar

Patti Smith, Princeton
    Hot Tuna, Starlight in LA, an open floor with about 200 people
    Television, possibly Starlight again, 100 people, man could Verlaine play
    Canned Heat, high school dance
    Henry Kaiser, Cal Tech, 200 people, also can really play

Do front rows for Dead or Garcia Band count? A number, but never enough....

Edit/add; Captain Beefheart at a movie theater; best 'band come on stage and start playing to get crowd riled up for entrance of star', all in about 45 seconds. You went from sitting in a theater with low lights waiting to 'where the heck have we been transported to?'

• Lovemygirl

“And then more stories started coming in from other people who you had BS'd. Overpriced merchandise being sold through dead net. Incomplete orders. People who gave you brand new CDs out of pity for the deadhead with cancer that you turned around and sold.”
    This statement of your is a bag of wind and a total false Lying, slander is what it is. I never had one prosit he anyone on this forum for except One Member! One member do you understand that.its not hard to understand your repeated posts of false allegations you accuse me of and you Even mention other members Have complaints about me.your wrong about me, show me all these dishonest remarks you accuse me of! Except that pne member who was telling me I had to give him a free gift for purchasing an item and when I said “no!” He and this member alone made up stories about my humanity which are completely false!
    Please show me all these accusations in a post. Tell me, show me and prove your accusations and All these members you say had problems with me! Show me your prof! Just one! Besides the One member started all this slander and outrageous lies and now like some kind of conspiracy which involves my medical disabilities using my disabilities to get free products or petty sorry dude but that’s just not it! Everything else is just a made up march of this ridiculous actions! Your actions are false and full of Lies ! Pure lies.
    Not one piece of evidence shows otherwise. That pm you posted about wanting to get free CDs from you and I demand such actions so I would tell what was the next future releases concerning the Grateful Dead. It’s completely just downright awful to accuse me of such actions. The picture you posted is incomplete and missed used to add more false accusations & slander! Just a bag of wind ! I’m finished talking to you too, peace be with you!

• proudfoot
    Robert Hunter in some small room in Seattle...

man...that was...when?

also, there used to be a place in the Ballard neighborhood in Seattle called the Backstage: Phish in 1991; Allen Ginsberg, Ray Manzarek, Michael McClure in...?

• Gary Farseer

Alvarhanso... I have seen25-30 shows at Ziggy's from 1994-1997. Again another legendary small club. I did some post-graduate work in Winston-Salem. I wrote a few days back about my friends in Brother Cane, I think they played either 2 or 3 times while I was there.. Of course, I wrote about seeing them in Charlotte, at the amphitheater, the other day. The date of the Brother Cane Van Halen show was September 1, 1995. Other bands I saw there included Dave Matthews, and Edwin McCain. Some of you might remember that I got sick unto death a fews years back where I was in a coma for a while. Unfortunately, my memory since then struggles some, so I can't remember all I saw there. Of course, most were local or regional acts.

Any way, I wrote the other day about seeing Steve Morse and Kenny Neal at a small dive in my hometown. The place was called The Tip Top Cafe. After I wrote about it I did some research about and found an article on it. I have been hesitant to post because of various reasons. I have decided to post the article. This was a true dive bar dump, or should I say my favorite dump. Ooops. In the article it states that the building was sold in 2013 for $15,000. As part of my memory problems, I had forgotten I went to the auction on the last day the doors were open and my bid was $8,000. I had thought about bringing shows back as another friend is a decent sized concert promoter around here. Again hate to do it, but will write about him some other time. The building had lost it's certificate of occupancy, one step before condemnation. I know the gentleman that bought it and he has cleaned it up, external paint, etc. but it remains w/out a certificate of occupancy still. He said to expensive to open as one of the load bearing external walls is leaning in. Any way, between 1986 and 1994 I spent probably between 150 and 200 nights there and saw a lot of fun bands. Many nights I did not go in, just hung out in the small shakedown across the road (barely a road.)

Real quick, some back history. Starting in the early 70's my dad would take my brother and I to eat lunch there every 6-8 weeks. Just good ole greasy bbq. As stated in the article, the place did not become a dive until 1986.

If any one needs a 15 minute read to kill some time, here is the article on this previous dive.

https://www.al.com/entertainment/2016/07/tip_top_cafe_the_saga_of_legen…

G

• Gary Farseer

Well, I get to have a total Green Day and enjoy the 31 anniversary of my last show. I have planned for several years to write about Hampton 89, and meant to do it last year on the 30th anniversay. The problem is there is so much to write, I need to write it in a text editor before posting on here. I will get to it.

I also need to write about what I have called my last push. A push of course meaning a lot of travel to see shows. Know most have been down that road. I wrote about my previous push going to the 88 Greek shows on their 30th anniversary. And how I did it by flying east coast and back while only missing one day at work, the Friday of the first show. I was back at work on Monday morning. I wrote about a cab driver that drove me from San Fran to the airport and that he was from close to where I lived. He really encouraged me to not get on the plane and stay in the bay area, permanently. Over the last two years I have really allowed that to sink in deep. It has been troubling to realize how my life would have been so much different if I had stayed. But also, that you can't ever look back but push onward. If I had stayed, I would have missed some other incredible moments (like probably Hampton 89). I will write about this third and final push soon, without waiting for its anniversary.

But today and tonight is about cranking Hampton 89. It is amazing how good it sounds blasting from my Big Boy Stereo. I have written before, it shakes my hardwoods. Can't wait.

Thing is for today I have some other things to wrap up. More later...

• Vguy72
    Remembering Lennon's 80th birthday today....

https://youtu.be/nci7OoEq4Vg
    ....Jerry & Merle covering Imagine. Grate stuff.
    Also, Blue Oyster Cult is releasing their first record in 19 years today. The Symbol Remains. Love the cover.
    Spoiler alert. It's really good. I give it 8 umlauts out of 10.

• Mind-Left-Body
    LMG I think it's your latest BS story to Butch

Guy asked for a simple explanation to a simple statement you made. Your statement of course was related to this imposter identity you've created for yourself in which you are an inside Grateful Dead associate. I offered you the Fillmore West box set and spent many hours trying to convert it from FLAC which I didn't really have the time to do but I felt sorry for you because you said you were blind with cancer. It was you who began offering advanced information on what the box set would be that year, well after I offered you the CDs. You eventually PM'd me, and I quote

07/07/2019 - 11:36
    From
    Lovemygirl

What happened to my CDs???
    You forgot about that or you just wanted info?!!!

Subject Where’s my CDs ???

My partial answer to in the PM

07/09/2019 - 17:36
    From
    Mind-Left-Body

You were not answering my posts. I do not know your address. The dead net PM Inbox only holds 10 messages and you gave me your address a long time ago. You think I spent time trying to get those CDs burned for info LMAO. You told me you would let me know what the box set was several weeks ago at this point. You said it would only be a couple more days. That time has long since passed, so that makes you a liar in my book.

And you kept it up over time. "Just a few more days. Next week I will be able to reveal." I think now you were just making it all up in an effort to get me to keep up my attempts at converting from FLAC. I even posted to the board here to see if anyone knew how to do it. And then more stories started coming in from other people who you had BS'd. Overpriced merchandise being sold through dead net. Incomplete orders. People who gave you brand new CDs out of pity for the deadhead with cancer that you turned around and sold.

Everyone is tired of being conned by you. I think it was Butch used a word I never heard before. Gas lighting. I looked it up and man that is what you do. Even now in your response to Caseyjanes you have attempted to turn the tables and make it sound like it was all in his imagination.

And what a joke that you scolded Butch for quoting a much less obscure quote with the word p**** in it (Eddie Murphy Trading Places) because your daughter reads these pages and found it offensive. At least that was a comedy skit. But it's okay for her to read you "jokingly" threaten to bring a guy out back and beat the s*** out of him. You're so full of it it's coming out of your ears. 🙏✌❤😇🙏

• daverock

That's the one for me, too. My favourite show of that incredible run. Hopefully it will be released next year.

I have been listening to some old shows I recorded online from sources like Dead Show of the Month, Shakedown Stream etc. I could only record them in 79 minute "chunks"- with no separation between tracks. So if I stopped listening to a cd half way through, I had to go back to the beginning again. Not very satisfactory, but I used to drive long journeys up to about 7 years ago, and they fit the bill then.
    The reason I am telling you this fascinating story is that there seem to be a few 1970 shows in there-I have played 6/6/70, 10/31/70, 5/24/70 and 9/19/70 in the last day or so - all really powerful shows. They all sound pretty good, too-maybe not A1, but they would make great official releases, to my way of thinking, despite this. Sometimes a song might end abruptly, and they might not be complete shows-details of no, or little, import for shows of this vintage.

• Angry Jack Straw

Can’t recall them mentioned here before. What a great band. I was a huge fan of From Good Homes before RE formed.

RE played a local club, must have been 20 years ago. They were fairly new band at that time. I somehow got the starting time wrong. So I show up and nobody was there except the band. I grabbed a beer and went into the back room where they were setting up and asked if I could hang out. No problem. Had two or three beers watching the soundcheck by myself before folks began to filter in. Tremendous show.

Other small club highlights - a few hundred or less. Hootie and the Blowfish, Blue Rodeo, and the Freddy Jones Band.

• alvarhanso

Is 10/24. Was just wondering when the hell this was coming out, since it was announced way back before the universe imploded, and a use of the google machine yielded the result of it coming out in 2 weeks. And one is already on the ebays for 299.99, since you probably want to buy an unreleased product for 2.5x the list price. Now that that's settled, when is 3/1/69 being released on vinyl? That's my favorite of that magical run for that Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven intro into an utterly devastating That's It For the Other One opener. That must be what Latvala was talking about when he described cowering in the bathroom while Phil Lesh assaulted his acid-soaked ears.

For small venue big performance wins, Railroad Earth on their first visit to NC at the Pour House in Raleigh with about 10 other people (capacity a few hundred), all of whom were quite impressed by that magnificent band; at the much missed Ziggy's in Winston-Salem I saw all number of bands with it packed to the gills for Dark Star Orchestra (1/14/78) to a few dozen people for bands like Rob Barraco's Dragonflys with a certain Jimmy Herring on guitar, and me and other Jimmy freaks standing right in front of him slack-jawed all night. Particularly noteworthy that night was Jimmy destroying Kid Charlemagne, after which I dryly complimented him with "That was pretty good." Causing him to bust out laughing. He knew he slayed it. Others seen at Ziggy's: Del McCoury Band, John Scofield a few times, once each with Derek Trucks Band and Susan Tedeschi Band opening, plus an evening of Derek's band and Susan's band when they had just started dating, I believe; he came up to sit in with her on My Man, and I got their autographs on the setlist, the Disco Biscuits 4x, the first they did the entire Hot Air Balloon rock opera as a 2 and a half hour second set, Sam Bush Band, Sex Mob (killer jazz band led by Steve Bernstein), Medeski, Martin, & Wood, and many others. But my dad saw The Ramones there. Which is about as cool as it gets.

One more incredibly intimate show was a super jam of Leftover Salmon boys Drew Emmitt, Mark Vann RIP), Magraw Gap guys Danny Knicely, Larry Keel, and Will Lee with David Via and others picking right next to my tent in the festival workers area at Smilefest in 2001. I came back from a campfire pick with Vince Herman, who was driving a golf cart madly and blindly through the woods at 4am, occasionally turning on the headlights, frightening even more people when he did so. We careened back through the woods to find those guys sitting by my tent killing it with maybe 25 people still awake checking it out. That was a fantastic cap to an amazing weekend.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 2 months

Sweet liberty! We're venturing into the depths of 80s Dead with the complete show from 4/20/84 at the Philadelphia Civic Center and we're placing bets you'll think this one is more than fine. A strong contender for our mega 30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN boxed set, 4/20/84 missed the cut by virtue of its setlist being a wee bit too similar to the years before and after. As DAVE'S PICKS VOLUME 35, it's found its time to shine. The first set delivers yin yang harmony between Jerry and Bobby songs, yielding driven and powerful takes on tracks like "Feel Like A Stranger," "Cold Rain And Snow," and "Brown-Eyed Women." The second set begs the question - will we ever stop peaking? - with a monumental "Scarlet>Fire," a ripping "Samson and Delilah," a "Space" that pulls shapes that know no names, and that "Morning Dew" - get.in.to.it! And because this one might have ended just a little too soon, we've packed disc 2 and 3 with knock-your-socks-off bonus material from most of the second set from the previous night, 4/19/84. Grab ahold while you can!

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.35: PHILADELPHIA CIVIC CENTER, PHILADELPHIA 4/20/84 has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman and is guaranteed to sell out. 

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by snafu

....to keep me alive via the mail.
Taps head.
The fact that this virus is a political stance to begin with is pathetic. Fuck.
Look up the postmaster generals wiki. There you go.
This matters because we want our Daves.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. Believe the union president or take in the news and see what's happening. I don't work for the usps but interact with them daily. They are doing a damn good job all things considered.
I don't mean to start a fight but I felt the need to stand up for people doing a hard job under very difficult circumstances.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by snafu

....we've disagreed before. But I agree that there are factors that we cannot control. That needs to change.
Difficult circumstances....

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 6 months

In reply to by Vguy72

I'm not denigrating the USPS...they're just doing as instructed. I have much respect for them and think the Postal Service is still one of the best, if not the best in the world.

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

I think the biggest hold up is the mail innovation. They seem to send out "sent" notices when the word is given to ups. They then have to label and mail. I think they hold everything until the truck going somewhere is filled. You in the backwater, 400 packages a week, may take a week to fill. NYC, maybe trucks going everyday. Also UPS don't work no weekends. Mine got to UPS local Friday, but USPS won't see till Monday, Post Office will have it here next day!

Just for a chuckle, order new slippers from New Zealand got here in 1 week.

Bob had a line that spoke of his time there I believe....

The only decent thing I did when I worked as a postal clerk
Was to haul your picture down off the wall near the cage where I used to work

user picture

Member for

4 years 5 months

When I ordered the Comander Cody release from Bear's Sonic Journals,back in July, I received that in a week at the most. They get their stuff out real fast. I believe Im going to adopt one of their reels. I have had nothing but great service from them, and always a great product.

user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

Listened to 8/2/69 while I cleaned up my garage today...enjoyable show, great sound quality, excellent suggestion.

It was more enjoyable getting stitched up in the ER this morning..

Then reading some of the political banter here. Glad you enjoy it. I'd rather gargle with cheap tequila mixed with broken glass. To most of us its a buzzkill.

user picture

Member for

11 years 3 months

In reply to by Vguy72

so it used to be somewhere in Tenn was where this journey would start...from there to Ohio to Phoenix to Flagstaff and then to me...for the first time ever it started in Carlsbad, CA and went to Salt Lake City...why it didn't go from Carlsbad directly to Phoenix I have no idea...this in itself will add two, maybe three days to getting it still...oh well...

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

In reply to by Dennis

I do a lot of business with ebay and amazon. I think the issue is with the seller. All the services mark it shipped when the seller notifies them they printed a lable. Ebay sellers are usually very good. But some are doozies. One guy marked an item as shipped then didn't give it to the po for 3 weeks. With all these delivery companies business is way up ( yes the most definitely jobs to be had) but for obvious reasons already mentioned they're having a tough time making goals
One other thing we all need to look in the mirror. We are so used to instant gratification we get freaked out if we don't have it now. That includes me.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Last 5, I think.....

Stay Sick - The Cramps -"keep the rewards, I'd just as soon stay sick"-fine advice.
Baggy Rehearsals CD 1 and 2 - Jimi Hendrix
Magick Brother Mystic Sister - Daevid Allen and Gilli Smyth
Spice Doubt - Ozric Tentacles -vey aromatic, this one.
and last but not least
Complete Recordings 1929-1934 CDs 1 and 2 - Charley Patton - a few snap crackles and pops on these-but if you can tune in you get transported to another world. Amazing.

user picture

Member for

10 years 4 months

Wooh! Checked the UPS tracking site this AM and i finally see updated location info for my #9274... should get to me in a couple days. That is a big refreshing SIGh of relief

very good show, great guests, always liked David Laflamme's violin 🎻 Great sb on archive, pick of the day?
Last five
see above
Montrose
Jade Warrior 1st & 2nd
David Bowie Aladdin Sane
Tangerine Dream In Search of Hades "Oedipus Tyrannus"
Randy California and Ed Cassidy Potatoland

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Like others my DAP has been sitting in Fontana, CA since the day it shipped last week. Same thing happened with WMD 50th, ended up taking 10 days to get to me.

Just for reference I ordered GarciaLIve 14, and I think I got it in 3 days. Don’t think it is USPS, probably Warner cutting costs.

user picture

Member for

11 years 3 months

In reply to by Duece

Thanks Billy for bringing up the Ventura Anniversary dates....always had a blast...the '82 shows allowed camping in the parking lot and it was a wild scene as can be imagined...we had friends who had rooms at the nearby Holiday Inn which we made our base to shower etc...after that the folks I would go with camped at McGrath State Beach down the road in Oxnard...we had reserved campsites for five spots in '86 when the news broke about Jerry's illness...since we had folks from all over the country driving/flying in we decided just to go and invade the campground anyway...we drove in and set up on Thursday the 11th and stayed through Monday the 14th...Lots of others had the same idea so the campground rocked all weekend...one funny moment occured when I was walking with some of the Ladies to one of the restroom/shower areas and an elderly woman stopped me and asked very politely "Excuse me Sir but i can't help but notice there are a lot of you folks here wearing the same kind of T-shirts...are you some sort of club?" I told her "Yes Ma'am...we're a musical appreciation society gathered for the weekend"...she put her hand on my forearm and said "Oh how nice"...great great moment...Musically 7-18-82 had a great shimmering "Crazy Fingers" that I will never forget....

user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

In reply to by Duece

My attempt at tracking gives this message

‘UPS could not locate the shipment details for this tracking number. Details are only available for shipments made within the last 120 days. Please verify your information.’

As I said yesterday any time in August will be great. At least my previous DaP’s have eventually arrived which isn’t the case for everyone. Of course, dead.net have us all over a barrel since they are the only source of the music.

To be fair, my Garcialive #14 was shipped on 17th July and tracking did nothing until 25th and 26th. Since then it has gone quiet. I expect it will turn up eventually.

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

In reply to by Colin Gould

4/20/84 should arrive this week...maybe even today.

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

user picture

Member for

4 years 5 months

Ventura was a blast, it was a non stop party. The Dead played alot of cool places in the 1980s , Ventura , Frost, Greek , Warfield, and the Marin Civic Center. I bet they played a lot of nice places back East, I never went further east than Nevada to see the Dead.

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

I don't know where my Dave's 35 is, but I got PLENTY of things to listen to(too many if you ask my wife!!)
I don't see a second box set this year(but maybe American Beauty will fit the(duck) bill.

Last 5:
Judy Henske & Jerry Yester-Farewell Aldebaran
Willie Nelson-Shotgun Willie(So Good!!)
Joe Beck & David Sanborn-Beck & Sanborn(CTI Label)
Bill Frisell/Jim Hall-Hemispheres
Mighty Baby-Day Of The Soup

Not gonna let anyone take my joy away.

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

Anyone know anyone who won the Jerry Sandals on Saturday?

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

My tracking info for both Dave's Picks 35 & GarciaLive 14 is identical to yours.

For Dave's Picks 35 UPS reports: "UPS could not locate the shipment details for this tracking number. Details are only available for shipments made within the last 120 days. Please verify your information."

And for GarciaLive #14 it was shipped on 17th July and tracking subsequently showed some action on 25th, then 26th when it departed the processing center.

I guess there is nothing to be done but tough it out.

Has anybody actually said that the anniversary of American Beauty will be coming out this year? In a way, it would make sense to hold it back until next year.
I assumed that 3/1/69 would be coming out on vinyl for RSD this year on the strength of 2/27 and 2/28 coming out the previous two years. Completely wrong. Unfortunately. But its not always easy to second guess what will happen next on the strength of what has happened in the past.

user picture

Member for

4 years 5 months

Maybe they are waiting for 2/28/69 to sellout , before they put out 3/1/69. I would think that American Beauty would come out in Oct since its original release date was in November, but you are going to have a Dave's Pick come out in Oct, so who knows.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Less than 2 hours after I checked the status of my Dave's Picks 35 order and UPS couldn't locate the shipment details, the order has been processed and is on it's way to a UPS facility. Moving real slow, but moving...

user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

0.0--The exact equivalent of my productivity this week. How does Boss Wormer expect me to telework this week with hockey on TV...all...damn...day?!?

Can they see my beer bottle and weed on this Zoom call? Did I just say that out loud?

user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

One of the benefits of living a stones-throw from Salt Lake City....

DP35 # 20002 / 22000 arrived safe and sound

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

I for one am looking forward to a good sounding and hot 80's show. Nice change of pace.

user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

In reply to by gratefulgerd

It says mine was in Carlsbad on Friday. I wished they had called me, I could have picked it up. But it's gone now.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

My copy just arrived in Bensenville, I reckon by covered wagon. For all I know its somewheres betwixt Springfield and Shelbyville.

user picture

Member for

7 years 3 months

I encourage everyone to say whatever they want regardless of topic and express themselves freely. I enjoy all of you, even when you get a little salty. Our little forum here is a microcosm of society at large, even if it's usually a bit more pleasant than that.

The crux of the biscuit is the music of the Grateful Dead, and Jerry Garcia. But read an interview with Garcia or any of the guys in the band; it always ends up being a free-from improvisation that goes anywhere and everywhere, just like their music.

I see no reason why this forum should be any more controlled, restricted or censored than the actual source. Of course, deliberately being hurtful or hateful cannot be encouraged, but IMO all else is fair game.

Be well everyone.

\m/

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by LedDed

....Vegas Golden Knights won today 5-3. Twas a fair game.
I wish the MLB all the best, but they are screwing it up.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by LedDed

Back and forth politics? Anywhere but here. It never ends well. Take it to facebook or send PMs. You can say what you want here and no one is going to censor you for the most part.. but it's deflating to read political points and counter points haplessly snuck into a Dave's Picks thread. It's too far off topic and it turns most people off. It's the written, posted form of Brown Acid. Write it down, keep a journal.. save it up.. and bring it to your next Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws after a few bottles of wine where it belongs.

Any other topic less human sex trafficking and serial murders is welcome.

Tell me again why political banter belongs here and why we all come here to read about your political views?

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Square peg, round hole.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by JimInMD

I don't mind what people post on here. If I don't like the look of something, I just whizz past it. I can't ever remember being angry or annoyed about anything anyone's posted on here. Apart from when one poster is intentionally rude towards another. But I have probably been guilty of that myself in the past.

I wonder if lockdown has impacted on the type and range of subjects put forward for discussion. Certainly, my opportunities for talking to people face to face have reduced drastically over the last 4 months. Being single and having no family in the country ( as well as being an awkward bastard) it might well be next Sunday when I next speak to someone. So what I might once have said face to face might now spill out to an unexpected person- the postman for example- or on a forum not designed for that topic. Maybe we should all give each other a bit of leeway-at all times-but never more so than now.

USPS has been notified by UPS that UPS has a package with my name on it that they need to hand off to USPS.
Waiting for the hand off......

UPS, just call an audible and bring it directly to me. I know you are capable, your brown trucks come down my street everyday and my dog barks at them.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

Haha. My dog used to bark at the ups guy all the time. Then I started giving him a treat every time. He started spinning in circles at the front door

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/dave-s-picks/dave-s-picks-vol-35.html