• 1,104 replies
    admin
    The complete Chicago experience!

12-CD/7-Blu-ray Complete Version
    Full audio and high-definition video from all three shows on CD and Blu-ray plus exclusive bonus Blu-ray of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.
    Individually numbered, limited edition of 20,000

12-CD/7-DVD Complete Version
    Full audio and video from all three shows on CD and DVD plus exclusive bonus DVD of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

Digital Download Complete Audio Version
    Full audio from all three shows in either High Resolution FLAC or CD quality Apple Lossless. Also includes intermission music by Circles Around The Sun for each of the three shows.

Only available at Dead.net

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • facedancechallenge
    Default Avatar
    This Blog is really awesome.You can checkout latest application for Android and iOS calledFace Challenge App.
  • icecrmcnkd
    Don't click on the links, it's the digital equivalent of brown acid
  • icecrmcnkd
    Don't click on any of their links.
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it spammer. Don't click on the links.
  • icecrmcnkd
    But I speculate that babu1000 is the same spammer
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it spammer
  • icecrmcnkd
    Bluray now comes on cassettes?
  • icecrmcnkd
    Beat it!(On down the line)
  • icecrmcnkd
    Your English sucks.Move on scammer.
  • BertDert
    Default Avatar
    The Wall of Sound advent calendar day 3 shows the FTW blu-ray set (along with its original price) as the sale item but the item page has the DVD set as the one on sale. What gives?!?
user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month

The complete Chicago experience!

12-CD/7-Blu-ray Complete Version
Full audio and high-definition video from all three shows on CD and Blu-ray plus exclusive bonus Blu-ray of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

12-CD/7-DVD Complete Version
Full audio and video from all three shows on CD and DVD plus exclusive bonus DVD of behind-the-scenes footage and three CDs of intermission music by Circles Around The Sun.

Digital Download Complete Audio Version
Full audio from all three shows in either High Resolution FLAC or CD quality Apple Lossless. Also includes intermission music by Circles Around The Sun for each of the three shows.

Only available at Dead.net

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

This two different covers thing is going to make me crazy...can't we just go with one, pretty please?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

Does anyone know if the DVDs and, more importantly, the blu Rays are region free? The sunshine daydream discs were so hopefully these are too.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Nice to see they are doing this but I have no use for anything but audio.Here's hoping they do a box without the video. Don't make me buy the bootlegs when they arrive - & you know they will.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

They anticipating some seriously epic shows here? 4CDs each? And why so many video discs? The completist in me is pre-ordering. What if they're not any good? LOL Can always cancel the order I suppose. Ugh!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

I don't get it. Are we really still excited about this "stuff?" I'm not. And I'm a relatively "old" person who still has LPs and cassettes! But I don't understand this company's "deadication" to CDs and packaging. Not sure I understand the business justification. Wondering what customer insights they have? If any? Seems like the margin on downloads would be much greater, and if you make a two-track "board bootleg" version available for download right after the shows (like immediately), seems you would likely capitalize on the peak of interest. Creating packaging, manufacturing discs and shipping them out to people, with all the associated cost, waste and nonsense. . . . I'm not following it. Not interested. Large numbers of people are going to buy DVDs? Really? I bought some View From The Vault DVDs about 15 years ago. They were cool, I'm glad I did. But seriously, who's going to be buy DVDs? How many times would you seriously watch a DVD of it? The editing on modern day concert videos are so bad. Instant headache and mental numbness. Too many shots, jumps around too much. DVDs are for my kids to watch "The Lego Movie" over and over again in the car. LOL. Looking forward to seeing how all of this goes down. If the music is strong and people enjoy it, I guess that's all that matters. I'll be content with a great sounding audience recording. I think it's very unlikely I will be impressed enough to want to buy a show, and if I was, I'd want to download it immediately and move on.

Member for

10 years

On the banner for pre orderJuly is spelled Jily FYI
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Interesting. Looks like some people will have nearly $1000 tied up in pre-orders between this and 30 Trips. If you are also going to the shows, the sky is the limit on how much many people will spend. An expensive year to be a Deadhead...sheessh
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

of not having Jerry alive. That's what all this means to me. I hope they kick my ass and play some awesome shows and go out heads held high. That's what I hope for, I would be majorly surprised however. It feels like a big final payday...mainly.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Hi Steve, it says the following: ----- Release Date: November 20, 2015 Individually numbered, Limited Edition This Disc is All-Region ----- Cheers!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 6 months

Is the box set exclusive, or is it just the bonus disc: Both versions include: Exclusive bonus disc of behind-the-scene footage Individually numbered, limited edition of 20,000 Only available at Dead.net
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Not surprised. I ordered it, because, well, it's historic. I now wish I hadn't sprung for tickets to see it in my local cinema. As of today, only 13 tickets have been sold (I'm going to Stratford-Upon-Avon in the UK). I had bought tickets thinking it might be a bit of a party, knowing full well that the films would be released later. Alas, not much of a party planned... I guess there aren't that many Deadheads in the UK.
user picture

Member for

10 years 5 months

So you have to pay $100 to experience the shows now on Pay Per View and then an additional $180 to own them later on.... This bums me out. I really want to watch the shows live AND have them plus audio later on (though I guess Santa Clara will only be on PPV).... Still, its $300 and I'm not there.... Drag. I really want it to be great but its a big stack of cash for what can never truly be the Grateful Dead... All this for Phurther. I don't know... If you received a PPV token for all 5 shows with the big package I'd probably buy it right now....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 9 months

Santa Clara?Downloadable digital content? just my $.02
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

I ordered this immediately after seeing it. After thinking it it over a little, I called and cancelled the orders. At the end of the day I really just want the music and have no need for the DVDs. I'll buy the downloads when they are available....hopefully not too long for the shows.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 3 months

You need to add more options. For example, I would like to get *just* the 7 Blu-ray DVDs *and* a high-definition digital audio download of all 5 shows.
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

A 50GB blu-ray disc can hold 9 hours of high-definition (HD) video. Three blu-ray discs should be sufficient for the three 4-hour shows. Seven discs seems wasteful and feels like a ploy just to charge people more money. It's a good thing that ridiculously priced "30 Trips" box set finally broke my completist streak for good. I'm finally free from feeling compelled to buy this.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 10 months

Will a physical media purchase be required to obtain the digital downloads? If so, will the downloads be included in the price? Bottom line: free digital copies with physical media = instant purchase for me. Otherwise, I will wait...
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I'm fairly certain Jerry would have found all this hype and marketing absurd. If just the Blu-rays were available, I'd consider that. Could avoid the expense of 12-CD's. The archive releases are pricey enough and reserve my support of the dead and love of their music to those releases. There is tons of video (WITH JERRY) unreleased and would love nothing more than to see, as well as hear, the legacy. PS: RELEASE APRIL 2, 1973 already. https://archive.org/details/gd73-04-02.sbd.miller.17346.sbeok.shnf Peace
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 6 months

It is hard to fill 3 CDs with a show, this is 4 CDs per show. Could this mean 3 sets on one or more nights!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 11 months

I'm hoping you all can do the same for the Santa Clara shows as well. Plus, I have to mention that I LOVE the idea of having the shows on Blu-ray/DVD. I wish the Dead would release more shows in this format. (As well as many other bands.) Keep up the great work and thanks for making this stuff available to the fans!
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

I had it in my cart and then changed my mind. I bought the discs of the shows I saw from The Dead and Further over the years. Have I EVER listened to any of them? Nope. Anyone actually throw on that Other Ones release, whatever it was called. It's hard to read the title from all the dust accumulated on it. Could I see myself ever listening to these a second time? No, probably not. No way this will sell out 20,000 copies any time soon so I have plenty of time to see how the shows this weekend turn out. Shame something like this is taking away attention from more vault releases...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 5 months

As someone who buys all of the physical releases, I can tell you for certain that HDCDs sound much better on my sound system than even FLAC files which I have ripped myself from the same disc and played from my Samsung Galaxy Note via mini to mini connection or Bluetooth (this one should be obvious given compression I think). The sound is just much more "full", I don't know how else to describe it. The digital files are fine for listening on my phone at the office via headphone, but that is about it. I can understand why some people would want them, but of course you can easily make them yourself with the disc.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

why would I pre-order, when I don't even know how well they played??
user picture

Member for

10 years

Bold move selling shows that havent been played yet. And selling the 5th alone? Is thus already known to be the best show? I think i'll wait until the shows have been played to consider buying.
user picture

Member for

16 years

Although that truly is the spirit of a forum, to post all sides and opinions...but at least stop the negativity folks. Look, you don't want it - don't buy it. I'm all-in for $199.97 out the door for a Thanksgiving treat. The CD's of the show will be with me on my phone, car, home stereo, etc... The Blu-Rays in HD on the home theatre will be amazing. And in 3, 5, 10 years - still amazing to see and hear again. That's the magic of the Blu-Ray version. We all know the money-grab continues here and most of us are all pretty "invested" now in four digit territory but hey - it's our choice to play or not.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

I guess the SC shows are just a warm up.
user picture

Member for

9 years 5 months

I admit it; I, too, jumped on this immediately for purchase as I am also somewhat of a completest. Admittedly I do enjoy Phish and think Trey will be a fun addition here, but it is a bit of a question mark as they are indeed enticing us all with a carrot that doesn't even exist yet. Our collective assumption is that these shows will be worth the re-listen (and viewing, for some) but it did feel a little odd buying something that hasn't happened yet. Kinda like that scene in Spaceballs... "when will then be now?"...."soooooon!" One other piece of info I cued-in on, within the notification email I received about these releases was the following, and pay attention to the last four words here: "The two dead.net exclusive versions, one 12-CD/7-Blu-ray and the other 12-CD/7-DVD, will each be limited to 20,000 individually numbered copies on their first run." This implies there will likely be multiple "runs" so this will not be a 20K item and then done. I would imagine at that point individual shows would also open up. And, What about Santa Clara?? I hope they aren't pre-treating those shows as the bastards of the bunch.... Enjoy the shows this weekend folks, I'll be streaming and dancing all night Saturday and Sunday along with you all!!! Rock On
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

I see a lot of interesting observations and good questions from many of the posters.
user picture

Member for

11 years 3 months

The releases this year or any year for that matter have been great, but this one stumps me. I have tickets for both nights of Santa Clara. In the forums, I have been a peacemaker, remaining rational and understanding of others point of view. The comments directed at the band, the promoter, Trey, and the organization in general have been less than heady by many a folk. No worries, I have had your back since I hopped on the bus in 92. :-) I have spread the Dead with pride and sincerity to others. However, this release stumps me, as it is in conflict of the whole spirit of the Dead. Phish currently include a download of every attended show with the ticket stub. That action is in the spirit of the Dead. Garcia once said, When we are done with a show, it's yours." I thank Trey, Mike, Page, and Fishman for carrying on the tradition of getting the music to the people. It would have been nice to include a download of the show with the ticket as the tickets were, well fare market price by today's standard. Cool that the video and sound are being preserved! I really can't thank the band enough for the 50th year celebration festivities, for the life and lessons they have taught me, and I mean that from the deepest depths of my soul. With that being said, the band would have had no problems selling the video on it's own. Please offer a digital audio file and hard copy bluray choice for purchase. Keep on truckin' and see you in Santa Clara.
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

No, I don't think I'd buy this full package at this price. Maybe at $75 to $125 tops would I consider this full run.
user picture

Member for

12 years 2 months

now you don't have to bother schlepping in your mics and gear or smuggling your mics and gear or smokin doobies with a guy who dubs you tapes because he knows a guy who knows a guy who knew the guy running the soundboard who let him patch in. less than $200 and its yours even though no one knows what will happen, how long it will happen for, if there will be any tech issues or if bobby's shoulder will hold up. talk about schwagging your face right off your head. and you know this ain't going to be a limited release no matter what they say. everyone who spends $$$ for a tic is gonna want this. so the good ole grateful dead mostly will be milkin the fare thee well turkey for many years to come. getting one of the initial 20,000 is going to be super special and collectable. only 20,000 people can get one, like a rare disease or something. now excuse me while i dust off my platinum american beauty express, and order up a copy off my diamond encrusted stealie i-phone while sipping a mucho vente latte and diggin my sirrus tunes on my hummers telefunkin u-b47 mega surround sound system with big swifty tweeters, zomby woofers and mungo mudshark sub bass. nothin left to do but buy, buy, buy,...
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

and will it sound good ?? It seems odd that this website is selling these products but other Grateful Dead stuff that has come out lately has no mention here (Truckin up to Buffalo on vinyl)... i know this is Rhino website but really ? The setlists are in folks,,, if they can already determine its going to be 12 cds,, Rhino just dont put out a few 30 minute discs to achieve your quoted 12 discs and that will be one less complaint. EDIT: Multi-track must be used for these,, that is the only way
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

the grateful dead have officially sold out. -----
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 6 months

Wow, I guess there is nothing left to do but sell, sell, sell. They can't even let us enjoy the show before pushing this over priced souvenir on us? I just hope Peter Shapiro doesn't get any of these proceeds, but I guess that would be asking for too much. Come Phil, Bobby, Mickey and Bill aren't you even monitoring what is going on in your name? I guess not.
user picture

Member for

10 years

I hope the SC shows are recorded on video and atleast posted by a kind head on youtube, I can't make Chicago but will be in California. As for this box, I wont be preordering it, but who knows it may be worth it. Definitely not a rip off, you get what you decide to pay for.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

I just ordered it, against my better judgement. While I am going to Chicago, I am 65 and started with The Grateful Dead in 1967. Fortunately I never toured, but saw them many, many times at The Fillmore East and other small venues. Since I own in one way or another every live show out there, including Monterey Pop, I am coming full circle with closure. The last time I saw the Grateful Dead was 1978 and I saw the same group that's going to be in Chicago at Jones Beach, NY around 2001.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

I just ordered it, against my better judgement. While I am going to Chicago, I am 65 and started with The Grateful Dead in 1967. Fortunately I never toured, but saw them many, many times at The Fillmore East and other small venues. Since I own in one way or another every live show out there, including Monterey Pop, I am coming full circle with closure. The last time I saw the Grateful Dead was 1978 and I saw the same group that's going to be in Chicago at Jones Beach, NY around 2001.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

I had the understanding that the band would never use the Grateful Dead name again after Jerry passed away. I've seen them play in plenty of other incarnations and have had a lot of fun at those shows. But I have to say....this is NOT the Grateful Dead...never will be. What iswrong with using another name? I'm getting sick of all the press and publicity on the "Fare The Well" Grateful Dead shows. I have to explain to people that the actual last shows were in 1995. Money talks and bullshit walks I suppose. On the other hand, I really enjoy some of the comments and opinions people put on this forum. You people are like family to me :) Wave that flag.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 4 months

they aren't really using the name. The shows are billed as "celebrating 50 years of the Grateful Dead". nothing refers to the musicians as "The Grateful Dead"
user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

I just ordered this...I love watching concert videos and I'll be at this on. So, that makes it an easy decision even though it hasn't happened yet. I guess I just have faith that they will, at least, be decent shows. I just have one question... Who can the weather command?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 4 months

so, I have to buy both CD and DVD if I want all 3 nights?
user picture

Member for

10 years

It's forsure not the Grateful Dead with Jerry, but if that's how the shows are billed than it doesn't matter how we feel about it. If it says a Grateful Dead on the show tickets than that's literally what it is and that means Trey was a member for 5 shows hahahaha. Wonder if Trey will be listed on Wikipedia after this as a member of the dead 2015-2015 lol. Either way we all know the score, I personally don't believe they are disrespecting Jerry in any way, or Pigpen/Keith/Brent for that matter.
user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

I for one am glad these are being made available. Undoubtedly once the DVDs and CDs are released they will be ripped and uploaded on the net somewhere. I for one will be buying something from the offerings. For those who who call this a sell out, I have a new name for you that fits just right...Fare The Well SUCKERS!
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

putting the cart before the chicken. Or counting your horses before they're hatched, or something.
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

Quit complaining. It's not the GD, this is a sell out, money grab, blah blah bah. Enough already. Don't buy it if you don't want it. Don't go to SC or Chicago if it bothers you that much, but stop complaining about everything these guys do. Seems to me that some people want something for free, or at least for a price reflective of a time 30 years ago. Some people might want something to allow them to experience these shows again and why begrudge them over it? And why begrudge the band for looking for ways to make money on something they gave away for free for decades? They are in their late 60's or early 70's. Maybe they would like to feel financially secure and pass that on to their families. The choice you have is to buy it or not buy it. It is that simple. Quit complaining.
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/fare-thee-well-complete-box-july-3-4-5-2015.html