• 2,627 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    During the mid-1970s, the Grateful Dead saga was unfolding like a Greek classic. The Sisyphean Wall Of Sound had nearly broken the band. From it spawned a Medusa head of countless side projects, all deliciously fruitful but woefully not the same as the whole. The chorus lay in wait, pondering the reemergence of their heroes, and wondering if "THE LAST ONE" had really been it...

But in early 1976, Apollonian light and healing would shine upon our intrepid wanderers once again. No more epic battles for the people with cops and lines and tightness, the Dead would return triumphant in smallness, playing intimate theaters and renting equipment along the way. No more ticket scams and greedy promoters, they'd give back with first ever mail-order ticket program, one that had a few kinks to work out but eventually served the fans well.

Musically, June 1976 signaled a Golden Age of harmony and prosperity for the Dead. It marked an Odysseusian-like return for Mickey Hart. Donna Jean was in lock-step with the sirens' call. Jerry and Bob delivered orphic delight with solo musings like "Mission In The Rain" (the only tour they ever played it on), "The Wheel," and "Cassidy," emboldened by group effort. There was fresh repertoire from Blues For Allah, breathing new life to the Dead's continually morphing sound - as Weir once said of the '76 tour, they wanted to play "a little bit of all of it." Old favorites were re-envisioned with cascading tempos and unique sequencing, making the crowd question if they'd ever heard these songs before. And there was comfort and joy in the familiarity of watching the band make it up as they went along. By all means, it was clear that the bacchanalia of live Dead would reign on.

And now the revelry from this epoch, evidenced by the near-studio quality sound captured on two-track live recordings by Betty Cantor-Jackson, lives on, bolstered by Jeffrey Norman's HDCD mastering. It's housed for posterity in a handsome box featuring original art work by Justin Helton. It’s documented in liners by Jesse Jarnow and photos by Grant Gouldon. And it’s ready for a spot on your shelf. 

As part of our pre-order for this Dead.net exclusive boxed set, we'll be delivering downloads of each listening party - one for each show included in JUNE 1976 - to purchasers from now until the March 20th release. Order at any time before release and you'll receive all the listening parties to date.

Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 12,000

What's Inside:

• 5 Previously Unreleased Complete Shows On 15 Discs
    • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/10/76
    • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/11/76
    • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/14/76
    • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/15/76
    • Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ 6/19/76
    • Sourced from Two-Track Master Tapes, Recorded By Betty Cantor-Jackson
    • Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
    • Restoration and Speed Correction by Plangent Processes

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • mdempste
    Default Avatar

I am a relatively new deadhead (5 years or so) and had never really focused on 1976 because in some ways it seemed like it was a warm up for the greatness of 1977. At first listen to the box set, I thought there were some great moments, but it really didn’t change my opinion (I admit likely because of my bias going in). However, I put the June 14 Beacon show in the regular rotation and found myself coming back to it regularly, so I decided to re-listen to the whole set and my goodness, what a great batch of shows this is. Every show is very well played and every night had greatness as well. Several of these shows are in the regular rotation now and even as a newbie, I can see how the band was progressing from these shows, to the early 77 shows (I love the Swing show), which then progress to the spring and fall 77 shows.

• DeadHead1974

The shipping box is collectible in itself.

• deadacated
    Default Avatar

Testing with Lossless Audio Checker shows the June 1976 FLAC download in 24/192 format
    ( https://store.dead.net/music/digital/june-1976-flac-192-24-1.html )

and the Pacific Northwest '73-'74- The Complete Recordings FLAC download in 24/192
    ( https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/pacific-northwest-73-74-the-com… ) to be "Upsampled."

I have notified Jeffrey Norman and Rhino. I sent Jeffrey the logs of the LAC test results showing 80% of the June 76 files being upsampled. While he was very nice in his response, he had no explanation for the finding. Rhino has not responded to any e-mails. It is important to note that the files on both test “Clean” after downsampling to 24/96, which, likely, means the files, were originally digitized at 24/96 or digitized at 24/192 and downsampled to 24/96 for mastering. Whatever the case Rhino needs to disclose this fact on their web site or change the files for sale to 24/96.

• marye
    send me a PM with your order details and I'll see what the Doc can do about this.
  • ldraznin
    Default Avatar

i just received my copy. it came in an outer box that had clearly been reused. some of the old labels were torn off, others were partially covered by newer labels. the tape was poorly replaced, but worst of all, the inner box had the cellophane torn and the box was scratched.

i’m so disappointed. for $150 i expect a better product.

these are the first CDs i’ve ordered from this site...if they all come like this, i don’t know that i’ll order again.

i’ve emailed the fulfillment company. hopefully i’ll hear back soon.

• icecrmcnkd

6-29-76 needs to be released soon

• Happy Will
    Default Avatar

Just surpised it hasn't sold out yet. It is much much better than I was anticipating - really getting 1976 now.

• MrHeartbreak

I ordered this recently, since there are less than 1K to go, and I have to say, I'm really pleased with the appearance of this set. It showed up quickly, having avoided the initial rush to get it, and it's a beautiful package. Sounds good so far. I know I'll get much enjoyment out of these tunes, of course.

For those who wondered about the booklet: this is not a defect. I'm in the publishing business, and I know that most paperbacks these days are what's called "perfect bound," which means the pages are glued in. Open the book completely, crease the spine, and you'll leave a mark; open and close it enough, and the pages will start to fall out.

This booklet is more like a very slim version of an old paperback, where the pages are held by string. That means you can open it up and flip through it many times for years to come, with no worries that the pages will fall out. It's both an aesthetic decision and a practical one. So it may look weird on the spine--it's not a paperback?--but it's a quality move. Very nice, and much appreciated on my end.

Looking forward to cranking up that Crazy Fingers!

• MadDoc
    Default Avatar

No comment

• voodoo

The packaging and booklet are very well done, The CD cases have cool artwork on them.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 2 months

During the mid-1970s, the Grateful Dead saga was unfolding like a Greek classic. The Sisyphean Wall Of Sound had nearly broken the band. From it spawned a Medusa head of countless side projects, all deliciously fruitful but woefully not the same as the whole. The chorus lay in wait, pondering the reemergence of their heroes, and wondering if "THE LAST ONE" had really been it...

But in early 1976, Apollonian light and healing would shine upon our intrepid wanderers once again. No more epic battles for the people with cops and lines and tightness, the Dead would return triumphant in smallness, playing intimate theaters and renting equipment along the way. No more ticket scams and greedy promoters, they'd give back with first ever mail-order ticket program, one that had a few kinks to work out but eventually served the fans well.

Musically, June 1976 signaled a Golden Age of harmony and prosperity for the Dead. It marked an Odysseusian-like return for Mickey Hart. Donna Jean was in lock-step with the sirens' call. Jerry and Bob delivered orphic delight with solo musings like "Mission In The Rain" (the only tour they ever played it on), "The Wheel," and "Cassidy," emboldened by group effort. There was fresh repertoire from Blues For Allah, breathing new life to the Dead's continually morphing sound - as Weir once said of the '76 tour, they wanted to play "a little bit of all of it." Old favorites were re-envisioned with cascading tempos and unique sequencing, making the crowd question if they'd ever heard these songs before. And there was comfort and joy in the familiarity of watching the band make it up as they went along. By all means, it was clear that the bacchanalia of live Dead would reign on.

And now the revelry from this epoch, evidenced by the near-studio quality sound captured on two-track live recordings by Betty Cantor-Jackson, lives on, bolstered by Jeffrey Norman's HDCD mastering. It's housed for posterity in a handsome box featuring original art work by Justin Helton. It’s documented in liners by Jesse Jarnow and photos by Grant Gouldon. And it’s ready for a spot on your shelf. 

As part of our pre-order for this Dead.net exclusive boxed set, we'll be delivering downloads of each listening party - one for each show included in JUNE 1976 - to purchasers from now until the March 20th release. Order at any time before release and you'll receive all the listening parties to date.

Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 12,000

What's Inside:

• 5 Previously Unreleased Complete Shows On 15 Discs
  • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/10/76
  • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/11/76
  • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/14/76
  • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/15/76
  • Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ 6/19/76
  • Sourced from Two-Track Master Tapes, Recorded By Betty Cantor-Jackson
  • Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
  • Restoration and Speed Correction by Plangent Processes

user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

In reply to by simonrob

The listing has reappeared on Amazon.com having been missing for a few days. It also now shows up on Amazon.co.uk although it is listed as ‘Currently Unavailable’ on that site. Another treat for late April.

Edit
I’ve just noticed a link in ‘Rolling Stone’ playing ‘They love each other’ from Vol 13.

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

In reply to by Colin Gould

just ordered on amazon. Hope this works out. But buck less, free delivery, day it comes out! Should be a great show.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 4 months

In reply to by daverock

A couple of things: Yes there are some great ABB shows from 1973 and we would all love to see a Watkin's Glen complete concert boxset with all the bands sets (sound check too). With that in mind, and the dicey subject of bootlegs, there is a 6 cd bootleg called The Longest Day from RFK June 6, 1973 with the complete ABB and GD sets including them jamming together. It is one earlier than Watkin's Glen. Both bands delivered solid performances! The artwork and production for a bootleg are, likewise, solid. Sorry To The Powers That Be.

To TPTB: You know we're going to jump on a complete Watkin's BoxSet with all of the headliner's sets and sound checks too. If you could work out the legal details, copyrights, etc.. It would be easy money for all concerned.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by Dennis

Let’s hope we all get our Boxes before we have to go into self-imposed home quarantine.

How many cases of beer should I stockpile?

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

Cone Kid - you and I are on a very similar wave length; me, pondering how much beer I need to get so I can hunker down and never have to leave again. We have the little fridge behind the bar, but also the 'extra' fridge in the butler's kitchen that's full size....I figure 4, 5, 6 cases, easy. But it has to be cans.

It's only a matter of time at this point until my work pulls the trigger for fully remote. Many other Pharma/Biotec's in Boston have now done the same.

This Seventy Six box will cure our blues.

Sixtus

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

Just an observation.. but every Thursday at 10 am the refrigerated beer delivery truck pulls up to the corner liquor store down the street.. they do they their paperwork for about 10 min, then he trucks in cases of beer with his dolly.

One could casually approach the truck (usually still running) hop in, drive it around the block and park it out back behind some evergreen trees. That should see us through the quarantine period. Just saying..

Yes, that plus the 76 box.. good thinking, Cone Kid. For what it's worth.. I have quite a few cases of good red in the fruit cellar in the basement.. and several bottles of some quite good extra anejo and now the obligatory few bottles of absinthe, for the visuals. I think we should self quarantine a few times a year.. every time we get a box set. Why didn't we think of this for Boxzilla?

My goal is to make it to Oberon Day before quarantine starts. That way I can stockpile Oberon, which is my favorite beer.

Oh yeah, the sweet sounds of Plangentized/Normanized June 76 and can after can of Oberon. Now that’s a legitimate quarantine. You wouldn’t have to ask me twice to self-impose.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Maybe fact that the Watkins Glen jam is being released reflects reciprocal agreement regarding 6/10/73?

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

In reply to by bluecrow

Be suspicious of the CDC and seek alternative sources of information? That raised an eyebrow or two, and the content is probably a bit too much for this forum. I had a reply, but it's all really out of scope. I guess I put more faith on PHD research professionals than some.

I think Cone Kids original post was light hearted enough.. more focused on the excuse to stock up on beer than anything else.

Hope that doesn't preclude us from sharing in the frosty goodness of the soon to be plundered refrigerated beer truck that will soon be parked behind the hemlocks in the back yard.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Influenza (flu) deaths in the US so far this year are approximately 4800 to date with 87,000 reported hospitalizations. The last I saw, the number of Coronavirus cases in the US just broke 1000 and the death toll is 29 last I saw. Imagine if the media ran with daily headlines about the danger of the flu, it's presence from one end of the country to the other, and the increasing daily death toll. I imagine the media could generate some panic if they ran and hyped the story. I'm not saying "don't worry", but at least keep it in perspective, and really, panic isn't going to help the situation in any event. I am curious to know what percentage of the folks wearing the pretty useless face masks to prevent infection but still don't wash their hands, perhaps the biggest public health advance of the 20th century.

Look at historical information about diseases in the past - Cholera used to be called "King Cholera" because of it's death tolls and there were cultures that didn't name their children until they had survived Smallpox. When the 1918 Influenza pandemic occurred we didn't even know what a virus was. The last 80 years or so of human history in the West have been a golden age of success with antibiotics, vaccines and public hygiene reducing the incidence of infectious diseases and their mortality rates, giving us perhaps a false sense of security that these things are just part of the past, not the present or future, but I wouldn't bet on it. What the hell happened to Keep Calm and Carry On? Keep calm and play Dead.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by Charlie3

Still have gummies, a Zed, 6 cases of Anchor Xmas beer, 3 cases of Freemont Dark Star, 1 case Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, and some leftover odds and ends....now if Beer man would just get us those 4 cases of Sierra Nevada Big Foot, perhaps a couple cases of something lighter. (Not including the Mrs Bourbon stash)....
combine with a trip to the dispensary for a couple backup Zeds, and then the 76 Box,.....bring it!
As it is I’d never leave the house if I didn’t have to!

But yeah, the media is outta control as usual....here’s an idea, keep playing videos illustrating proper hand washing etc, instead of all this noise! You know, some actual useful information! Like;

- Cough into your elbow
- Don’t touch your hands to your face
- Wash your hands, actually wash them , don’t just run em under the water....

You know, all the stuff your mother was always going on about!

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

In reply to by Charlie3

I think that's what we were saying, Charlie.. Keep calm and play Dead.. AND stock up on beer.

Oh, and Oroborous, as for coughing into your elbow, might I suggest a realistically sized hit so you don't cough at all. Just saying, not the time for hero hits... but perhaps that's what your gummy reference was all about in the first place.

They don't have gummies where I live.. aghast.. I guess that's life for those of us that live in mere mortal states.

Edit: 30 lbs of green beans from Sweet Maria's just arrived. So I don't expect to be running out of coffee anytime soon.

user picture

Member for

7 years 7 months

In reply to by JimInMD

We will be back in just a little bit, everybody hang loose!

user picture

Member for

4 years 6 months

My brother worked at St. Michael's Alley in Palo Alto in 1985. St. Michael's is a place Garcia and other members of the Dead used to hang out and play music at durring the early 1960s. My brother stopped in there before 4/28/85 and hanging out with the owners was Robert Peterson. Robert Peterson wrote , Pride of Cucamonga, New Potato Caboose, and Unbroken Chain. My brother hung out with him for a couple of hours and they were all partying. When it came time for the show, Peterson and my brother somehow managed to walk over to the Frost Ampitheater together. My brother said he was a real cool guy and he was telling stories all the way over, he said to my brother " you're walking kinda fast". They walked to the back gate and he said "here's where I go in" My brother had a ticket, so he went in the front. When my brother went to work the next day at St. Michaels, Robert Peterson had left him a copy of his book Far Away Radios and on the inside he wrote: To Paul, No more hard time.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Well I stayed in today, just to be on the safe side. My friend told me I was being a hypochondriac...but I'm not so sure. I'm not sure if I'm really mad, or if its just in my mind.

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

In reply to by deadegad

Sure, free beer for all.. so long as no one attempts to put a silver/mercury filling in my mouth when I'm passed out from drinking too much beer. Nobody uses these anymore.. Yes, they are still available and relatively safe, but I haven't let anyone put one in my mouth in 40 years. Composites are the way to go.

..but enough with the back and forth. argh.. Most here don't want to hear talking points and politics, which is really where all this heading. I'd be especially cautious discussing health care in relation to the pandemic that is upon us.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Actually, I kind of dig it when these threads go off topic, sometimes leads to some really interesting discussions. I may not agree with everything everyone posts, but civil discussions are always cool even if there are disagreements. I didn't perceive any problem with the topic turning to Covid19, it's an interesting topic and unfolding in real time before our eyes. I saw a documentary on the 1918 Influenza pandemic and it was super interesting if a little unnerving. Worth checking out, but all I remember is that it was on PBS in the last year or so. That virus had a mortality rate of about 2.5% and eventually just burned itself out. Also, that virus killed adults in the prime of life, whereas the Covid19 appears to be most lethal for the elderly and infirm.

Jim, I took the beer comments as a lighthearted goof on the whole situation as much as an actual survival plan, hope my comment didn't suggest otherwise, I've just been ruminating on the situation and decided to go ahead and disgorge my thoughts once the topic came up here. And while I don't drink alcohol, I do have about 8 pounds of coffee on hand, although my beans are already roasted. Am I correct that your reference to green beans means that you are roasting them yourself? Pretty cool.

Oro, I hear you, I leave the house as little as possible myself, and I also work from home so there's a lot of the time that I really don't need to leave the house. I dig hanging on my little patch of hill and watching the light shift on the mountains while I try to get work done, with varying degrees of efficiency. To paraphrase a statement that I saw someone else make, as an introvert I've been preparing my whole life for this quarantine thing.

VGuy, enjoy your vacation.

user picture

Member for

4 years 6 months

I'm sitting at home waiting for my Slim Harpo box set to arrive from Germany, have to sign for it. If you haven't heard of Bear Family Records check them out, real professionals. They do a fantastic job of getting a killer box set out in an incredible short amount of time. I just received a great Freddie King Box set from them last week. Merle Haggard , Buck Owens, Hank Thompson, and a great Bakersfield Sound Box set , the list goes on and on. Check them out, I heard Dave Rock mention them and I' ve never turned back!

Yes, survival beer. A good idea.

..but sorry, there are some things in that original post I do not agree with, and I don't think this is the right place to expand. The back and forth always seems to get political and personal. That's all and I really mean no disrespect to anyone.

Don't be surprised if some of the folks reading this are PHD research professionals that scratch their heads and wonder why a concept like ozone therapy (for example) is coming up in relation to what we are facing now. Call me silly, but when reporting from ABC, CBS, NBC is questioned and Fox isn't mentioned at all, I raise an eyebrow and begin to question the legitimacy of the entire discussion.

This doesn't belong here, sorry and I mean no offense to anyone in my comments.. In the immortal words of Robert Weir, "Seems Like I've Been Here Before...." The point counter point gets too far off topic and this really is a serious situation where we should carefully choose our words.

user picture

Member for

11 years 4 months

In reply to by billy the kid

...is da legit chit!!! BF and Mosaic are the go to labels for any kind of re-issue sets just like Criterion is for DVD/Bluray re-issues...

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

... is also a beer. Allegedy 38% of Americans have stopped buying it since the virus reared its ugly head. Come on, guys, do normal. Oh, wait... more for me. Con lima. Yes.

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

In reply to by simonrob

I am using Tequila as my go to hand sanitizer, does that count?

user picture

Member for

4 years 6 months

Nappy Rags, you truly know what the good stuff is. I have a great box set on Mosaic : The Complete Recordings of T Bone Walker 1940 - 1954. It's still available on secondary market for relatively cheap. Hey man, I dug your story you told the other day about driving down the coast and firing up a big one the day that Pig Pen died. Hearing Easy Wind on the radio, that's cool stuff.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 4 months

In reply to by JimInMD

There is nothing personal or political coming from me towards you or anyone here. Seriously. As I mentioned I was simply responding to some other poster mentioning this current virus and the fear spreading throughout the general public with the help from both the major news media and the minor leagues. No I did not mention Fox. Yet I did not mention MSNBC, CNN either. That was not a Sin of Omission as Noam Chomsky; among others, might say. It just did not occur to me to think about what were once considered the auxiliary cable news programs and networks. For the record so Many Fox news commentators were cheerleaders for overthrowing Saddam and that did not work out very for The U.S.A. and many Iraqis (in my humble opinion) so I do have criticism for Fox News too. A healthy degree of skepticism is in order with all major and minor media outfits. You can count me in with your Fox skepticism. I'm with you.

The back and forth can be a good thing and there is no, what's the word I'm looking for here, anger(?), on my part. And I guess neither on your part or on the part of others.

No I would not be surprised if their are skeptics regarding Ozone and other alternative, or naturopathic modalities here. That's fine too. I would also not be surprised, and, not to be argumentative, that there might be some PHDs or medically literate readers here who agree with alternative, naturopathic, medical therapies even if they disagree with Ozone Therapy, or, do not know much about it here. One of our late great GD tapers was Dr. Barry Glassberg. What he thought or would think, I have no idea?

Heck, who knows what our favorite band members and The GD Org. think of all of this? Marin County is both down to earth and far out from what I hear regarding a lot of things. They're both good.

I do think this off band topic does indeed belong here and no offence is taken by your disagreement with that or anyone's for that matter. Let's face it it is probably the most dominant news story facing this country and many others even if there's a lot of media hype involved in it. It can not be ignored.

I would add sacrilegiously for this place. . .. It might be more important then the next box set!!!

I also thought that I was being careful with my words and simply offering an alternative, but, informed opinion on the very large world of keeping healthy which is especially important in this country. Now especially.

I used to post and read here more often but not as much as in the past so I dropped by to read a bit: When I saw someone mention the current Covid 19 virus I simply wanted to add something not widely known or accepted here in The U.S.A.. It might be worth it to some here some day or some day sooner to investigate for themselves. In my humble opinion, moreover, one should listen to alternative medical voices and health practitioners.

To any and all who might actually read this post of mine please keep in mind that I responded to some other poster's discussion of this Covid 19 viral spreading. I did not log on today to discuss this at all. And I am posting from just outside ( two plus miles outside ) New Rochelle N.Y. where armed soldiers are imposing a "Containment" zone so that other post and my wondering if and when it expands to include -- myself, loved ones, neighbors -- is a very, very real concern.

With all of The GD community here in mind, and, also the actual GD, their families and friends in mind, I simply wanted to share some well wishes and practical advice. I would not suggest not going to an M.D. at all. Not to be sarcastic, but, second opinions should, whenever feasible, always be sought. In fact the more opinions the better! Including alternative medical practitioners advice could also prove to be a wise decision. I do not think that there is any harm in that nor with what I originally wrote.

Oh the silver mercury dental filling issue. Yes composites are better but the mercury is still being used and remains in peoples teeth. Sadly most dentists I meet even if using composites still deny that there was ever a problem with the silver-mercury variety.

Civilized dissent, debate are good. Imagine if we did not have any in our politics or journalism. I think it was I.F. Stones who once told a group of journalism student when he first came on stage to speak to them that the most important thing he wants them to know after graduation is: That governments lie! Maybe they don't lie of course not always.

I have a feeling that if we hijack that beer truck and knock back a few together we will discover that we have a lot more in common, and, agree on more things than disagree. We are probably more agreeable in general in person than it might appears from dry internet prose.

I really do wish everyone here all of the best during these trying times. Positive Vibes, Love, Light and Peace.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

In reply to by billy the kid

Coincidentally, I had another Bear Family box set delivered just this morning - a second hand copy of the 8cd "Classic Jerry Lee Lewis". In terms of cds, this is quite old, as it came out in 1989, but the sound is still impeccable. I preferred the look of this one to the more recent Jerry Lee box set, which looks even more opulent.

I kicked the day off listening to one of a series of cds on Bear called "Carl Rocks" which is a one cd compilation of Carl Perkins rockers focussing on the Sun years, but going up to 1990. Again, the sound is great. There are quiet a few of these "...Rocks" single cd editions on Bear, and all the ones I have bought are superb. I ordered the Lloyd Price one earlier today. They all come with great booklets. There are much cheaper 1950s compilations out there than these on Bear, but no one can touch them for sound and presentation.

user picture

Member for

4 years 6 months

Hangover Tavern by Hank Thompson & A11 by Buck Owens. Check em out on You Tube.

user picture

Member for

4 years 6 months

Garcia got his version of Sitting on Top of the World from Carl Perkins version..

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 4 months

In reply to by simonrob

I drank a corona last night. I did not have lime and had to use a lemon slice instead. Have you ever had a Victoria beer? That's another good Mexican beer. You are in the U.K. so I do not know if it is available there. Here in New York City Victoria was unavailable for a very long time but perhaps five years ago it finally became available. Once upon a time it was found in some Mexican populated areas for exorbitant prices. It is good stuff.

Billy....I didn't know that about Carl Perkins. That song is on "Rocks".
There are several Jerry Lee songs that both he and the Dead covered. - "Me and Bobby McGhee", "You Win Again", "Lovelight", "Let the Good Times Roll" the usual Chuck Berry songs are the ones that come to mind sitting here. They weren't so different, musically, as one might think. There hardcore fans may live in different orbits, but the music doesn't.

I sure this virus gets dealt with before tic season. Otherwise we will be dealing with corona with lyme

user picture

Member for

10 years 3 months

"Me and Bobby McGhee", "You Win Again", "Lovelight", "Let the Good Times Roll" are not Jerry Lee Lewis songs.

"Bobby" is by Kris Kristofferson
"You Win Again" is by Hank Williams
"Turn on Your Lovelight" is by Joe Scott and Don Robey (first rec'd by Bobby Bland)
"Let the Good Times.." is by Sam Theard, rec'd by Louis Jordan

That is all...........

user picture

Member for

4 years 6 months

Hendrixfreak ,Dave Rock just said that those songs were covered by both the Dead and Jerry Lee Lewis not written by them.

....where it takes a lyme to make it palatable. Thanks new guy.
Mexican Beers? Modelo Dark is pretty tasty. I'm standing on my porch. Unsure if I should go inside or outside. Thanks mainstream.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Daverock, not sure, but it seems like your post attributes those songs to Jerry Lee Lewis, but they were written by others - Me and Bobby McGee / Kris Kristofferson, You Win Again / Hank Williams, Lovelight / Joe Scott. Not sure if you were saying that Jerry Lee wrote them, or just that he and the Dead both covered these tunes so if I misinterpreted your post my apologies.

Edit - looks like others beat me to the punch on this issue. Should have hit refresh before posting.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by Charlie3

....is as overrated as Phil's vocals. Happy 80th you baddass bass player.
PHIL BOMB INCOMING

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by Charlie3

38% of Americans weren’t drinking Corona in the first place.
At least I hope not.

Come on, if you’re going to drink Mexican beer Modelo Especial is way better.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by deadegad

I had to comment because your first post claimed that your friend cured Ebola with ozone. And apparently didn’t inform the world, but just you.
Kind of criminal to withhold a life saving treatment from people who need it.

Also, a few days ago you also claimed in another post that ozone and hydrogen peroxide would cure you of what ails you.

Ozone and hydrogen peroxide create free radicals which destroy biomolecules. Thus, they work great for killing germs on surfaces.
Benzoyl peroxide also creates free radicals. You may recognize the name from acne medication. When rubbed on skin the free radicals that are generated by the benzoyl peroxide kill the bacteria that are causing the zit. If you rub too much of the acne medication on your skin the skin cells die and peel off.

Most people know that free radicals are associated with a variety of health problems including cancer, AD, PD, and other neurodegenerative disorders. That’s why anti-oxidants are so popular.

Using hydrogen peroxide on a skin wound definitely works to kill germs and prevent infection.
Intentionally generating free radicals inside your body isn’t going to be good for you in the long run, and it’s not going to prevent or cure Covid-19 right now.

Ozone and hydrogen peroxide therapy can temporarily boost your immune system as your body tries to respond to the damage being done by the free radicals. The same thing happens with low-dose radioactivity.
Do you suggest that we all start taking Radithor?

You said that a lot of countries are doing advanced medical research that isn’t being done in the U.S.
What countries?
Also, you said that there was a lot of good research done on the subject. Can you give me the references to some publications in scientific journals on this topic?

A lot of people read these posts, so I had to call out your snake oil quackery. It’s along the lines of thinking that Jerry is God and the faster you spin the closer you are to Jerry.

Not a personal attack, but trying to help others be informed.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

...so you're saying I can't get closer to Jerry by spinning faster? Are you sure? Man, wish I would have known that sooner;)

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

To be honest, sometime early in middle age I did the old hold the kid by the arms and spin them around thing with one of my kids. They loved it. I thought I was gonna puke. Never bothered me when I was younger, but those days are gone, no spinning the kids around for me.

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

These comments are getting weirder and weirder. Nobody has brought up what happens when you say "candyman" three times. How about that.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/june-1976/june-1976-15cd-boxed-set-1.html