• 4,023 replies
    heatherlew
    Default Avatar
    May 1977: Get Shown The Light (All Music Edition)

WHAT'S INSIDE:
    Four Complete Shows on 11 discs
    Four folios housed in a slipcase
    5/5/77 Veterans Memorial Coliseum: New Haven, CT
    5/7/77 Boston Garden: Boston, MA
    5/8/77 Barton Hall, Cornell University: Ithaca, NY
    5/9/77 Buffalo Memorial Auditorium: Buffalo, NY
    50-page book of liners and photographs
    Sourced from the Betty Cantor-Jackson soundboard recordings, transferred by Plangent Processes
    Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
    Artwork by Grammy-winning graphic artist Masaki Koike
    Release Date: May 5, 2017

WHAT DEAD HEADS HAVE BEEN SAYING ABOUT...

NEW HAVEN 5/5/77
    "Here is a prime example of the saying ‘the whole is greater than the sum of the parts’ … It’s called synergy and the Dead wrote the book on it.”

BOSTON 5/7/77
    “The music they laid down brought me places I had not been before.”

CORNELL 5/8/77
    “...the single best rock performance anywhere, anytime, by anyone.”

“There was just some kind of magical connection this night between the band members and the band and the audience - some texture, or some type of cosmic or celestial force is in the room.”

"This show is, was, and always will be Mecca.”

BUFFALO 5/9/77
    "...an awesome display of the Dead’s captivating power"

If you've been following this site for quite some time, then you will know we are often flush with hyperbole when it comes to our releases. We can't help it, really - for we, like you, are Grateful Dead fans above all else. Just like you, we've spent countless hours debating the merits of show over show, year over year. We've kept a watchful eye on your wish-lists and carefully considered how to make - excuse the cliché - your dreams come true. And once we've made our commitments, we are steadfast in our determination to conjure up those dreams fully-formed and nearly perfect. Sometimes these heights cannot be reached without physical and cosmic elements aligning, and that, dear friends, is why it has taken so long for us to bring you THE ONE and the epic shows that surrounded it. No need for even the slightest embellishment here, 5/8/77 Barton Hall, Cornell University: Ithaca, NY, has for decades, been THE resounding favorite; you've said it yourselves - the "holy grail" of Grateful Dead shows. Thanks to the passion and perseverance of Dead Heads like you, we are beyond pleased to finally be able to present this show and its brethren, the fabled four of Spring '77, in sonically pristine condition.

MAY 1977: GET SHOWN THE LIGHT is a collection of what is unanimously believed to be the most sought-after previously unreleased complete shows the Grateful Dead ever played. Collected, traded, and debated for decades, "the beloved Golden Trinity" of Boston, Ithaca, and Buffalo, along with their New Haven prelude, have inspired fans to "get on the bus," converted critics, and even garnered national attention (Cornell was added to the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry). But until now, you've never really heard them quite like this!

The Dead is in the details... how serendipitous is it that the notorious Betty Cantor-Jackson soundboard recordings were returned to the archive just in time for the 40th anniversaries of these shows? Lovingly sourced from these well-reputed recordings, we invite you to experience four utopian shows just like they happened, to "be inside the music" as engineer Betty Cantor-Jackson intended. Whether you listen to each night on its own or imbibe the whole lot at once, we suspect you'll hear why every note mattered. Much like we were, you will be hard-pressed to determine which of these fine documents - will it be the understated but nuanced New Haven, Boston's festive fantasy vibes, the monumental catharsis of Ithaca, or Buffalo’s dreamy exuberance - is truly "the best." Does it really matter? We think not.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • daverock

Just to state the obvious, they are indeed fantastic records. I am half way through 5/25/72 at the moment - one that no-one really mentions. Probably because of the night after, which is a shame as it's a great show in it's own right. Curious "Good Lovin" - 14min 53 seconds, and no Pigpen rap - he just sings the opening the verses and the closing ones some 12 minutes later. In between we have spot on r'n'b jamming like no-one else.

• marye
    Fabian, send me a PM and I'll see if the Doc can shed some light here.
  • icecrmcnkd

Send a PM to Marye, she can help.

• fabianope
    Default Avatar
    Does somebody have problems with tracking number?

Hello,
    I've purchased the fantastic Lyceum LPs more than a month ago and still nothing arrived.
    I've searched for the tracking number done by the GD store on the DHL site but nothing appears.
    I've yet written to the customer helpdesk, but I'm curious if somebody encountered my same problem.
    Thanks a lot,
    Fabianope

• daverock

Excellent news ! I wonder if they will re-release other box sets in this format that originally sold out. Fillmore West 1969 is the one I sadly missed out on and would shell out for in a heartbeat.

• henryben

Since they sold out of the regular box set with all the bells and whistles, and had a huge demand, Dead.Net is selling an All Music Edition that "...only includes the 11 CDs in four folios and a booklet of liners, housed in a simple slipcase."

So, still the four shows, just without the special packaging and the unpublished book. This time, the order went through. Nothing on the website about this also being a limited release -- it's not numbered, but they don't specify if it's another set amount.

• howdydoody
    Default Avatar

will do! thank you.

• DaveStrang
    Default Avatar

You should ask on the Dave's Picks 30 thread…there's more people on there and very few if any on here…hope it helps.

• howdydoody
    Default Avatar
    I downloaded the…

Hi there,

I downloaded the ALAC of this digital download but when I import into iTunes it is not recognizing the artist or songs and not creating an album. For the same ALAC download for Pacific Northwest ’73-’74: The Complete Recordings Boxed Set it worked perfectly in iTunes. Why does this download now import correctly? Thanks if anyone knows or can help.

• marye
    they thought they were going for dead people as a marketing niche. Dead heads, dead people, I'm so confused... Anyway, they're gone for the moment.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 6 months

WHAT'S INSIDE:
Four Complete Shows on 11 discs
Four folios housed in a slipcase
5/5/77 Veterans Memorial Coliseum: New Haven, CT
5/7/77 Boston Garden: Boston, MA
5/8/77 Barton Hall, Cornell University: Ithaca, NY
5/9/77 Buffalo Memorial Auditorium: Buffalo, NY
50-page book of liners and photographs
Sourced from the Betty Cantor-Jackson soundboard recordings, transferred by Plangent Processes
Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
Artwork by Grammy-winning graphic artist Masaki Koike
Release Date: May 5, 2017

WHAT DEAD HEADS HAVE BEEN SAYING ABOUT...

NEW HAVEN 5/5/77
"Here is a prime example of the saying ‘the whole is greater than the sum of the parts’ … It’s called synergy and the Dead wrote the book on it.”

BOSTON 5/7/77
“The music they laid down brought me places I had not been before.”

CORNELL 5/8/77
“...the single best rock performance anywhere, anytime, by anyone.”

“There was just some kind of magical connection this night between the band members and the band and the audience - some texture, or some type of cosmic or celestial force is in the room.”

"This show is, was, and always will be Mecca.”

BUFFALO 5/9/77
"...an awesome display of the Dead’s captivating power"

If you've been following this site for quite some time, then you will know we are often flush with hyperbole when it comes to our releases. We can't help it, really - for we, like you, are Grateful Dead fans above all else. Just like you, we've spent countless hours debating the merits of show over show, year over year. We've kept a watchful eye on your wish-lists and carefully considered how to make - excuse the cliché - your dreams come true. And once we've made our commitments, we are steadfast in our determination to conjure up those dreams fully-formed and nearly perfect. Sometimes these heights cannot be reached without physical and cosmic elements aligning, and that, dear friends, is why it has taken so long for us to bring you THE ONE and the epic shows that surrounded it. No need for even the slightest embellishment here, 5/8/77 Barton Hall, Cornell University: Ithaca, NY, has for decades, been THE resounding favorite; you've said it yourselves - the "holy grail" of Grateful Dead shows. Thanks to the passion and perseverance of Dead Heads like you, we are beyond pleased to finally be able to present this show and its brethren, the fabled four of Spring '77, in sonically pristine condition.

MAY 1977: GET SHOWN THE LIGHT is a collection of what is unanimously believed to be the most sought-after previously unreleased complete shows the Grateful Dead ever played. Collected, traded, and debated for decades, "the beloved Golden Trinity" of Boston, Ithaca, and Buffalo, along with their New Haven prelude, have inspired fans to "get on the bus," converted critics, and even garnered national attention (Cornell was added to the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry). But until now, you've never really heard them quite like this!

The Dead is in the details... how serendipitous is it that the notorious Betty Cantor-Jackson soundboard recordings were returned to the archive just in time for the 40th anniversaries of these shows? Lovingly sourced from these well-reputed recordings, we invite you to experience four utopian shows just like they happened, to "be inside the music" as engineer Betty Cantor-Jackson intended. Whether you listen to each night on its own or imbibe the whole lot at once, we suspect you'll hear why every note mattered. Much like we were, you will be hard-pressed to determine which of these fine documents - will it be the understated but nuanced New Haven, Boston's festive fantasy vibes, the monumental catharsis of Ithaca, or Buffalo’s dreamy exuberance - is truly "the best." Does it really matter? We think not.

user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Nothing is clear here, you'd be surprised.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

Right back atcha brother.....I got my copy by pure luck, I cursed under my breath as I clicked the purchase button, never did that before....some day I need to tell myself that the life I'm livings no good.... But I still miss Jerry, and maybe, just maybe if we obsess over this shit enough, he will return.....
user picture

Member for

10 years 5 months

Brian, does anyone know if the 1st ed dick's have a better sound than 2nd ed or the real gone ed? just wondering bc prices are way different! 1st ed are out of control priced. also, looney tunes/brookvale vinyl Dick's? any thoughts? I got the betty ones, but not all of them and now they haven't done one in a while b/c norman is too busy doing these boxes. I did get the '84 release on vinyl and it is a little tinny compared to the betty's. I thin k DP 1 was not even from the master tapes so I did not get that one. ok, just wondering
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

I was mad on the internet, but I got over it: GDM can be counted on to make a debacle of the ordering process. It's almost become cute how sadly unprepared they are, tech-wise. But on the actual products, I can't join the outrage. I thought about it. Did they screw me???? I paid top dollar, and NOW it's not even limited like you told me it was?!??!? But I gave that some thought. What if they'd said, up front, "We will have a limited edition for $140. When that sells out, you'll still be able to buy all the CDs, but you won't get the book. Also, the complete limited-set artwork package will be a bit better. The unlimited version will still cost $140." If that had happened, I would have acted the same: jump to get that limited version. So it really makes no difference to me that they announced it after the fact instead of at the time, because the knowledge would not have changed my actions. I don't understand the people who feel shut out: YOU CAN STILL GET EVERYTHING. If it's all about the music, the music is there. All you are shut out of is the same thing that you're always shut out of -- a bunch of bullcrap packaging. (I, personally, am a sucker for that bullcrap myself, but there is no doubt it is ultimately bullcrap.) Nobody is keeping you from the music! That's a much better situation than you get with Dave's Picks, honestly, where you absolutely can miss out. You can miss bonus discs, you can miss releases. When they're gone, they're gone. (It's tough. It would pain me, I know. So I subscribe. Also, the fact that this limited-edition model is ESSENTIAL to the many, many years of releases we've gotten and continue to get has been explained calmly and rationally many times on these pages. Limited editions are the financial engine that's making everything happen.) But Hey Now! Here, CORNELL! is made semi-permanently available in a deluxe edition. PLUS four other preceding shows (of notably less demand, but near-equal performance level) are also semi-permanently available! Maybe, if you try, slowly, you can explain just exactly how you're really, /really/ getting done over by GDM, but I think not.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 7 months

Some people just want to whine. "It's limited! How dare they!" "They're releasing more! Scam!" The bottom line is that anyone who wants this music can now have it. It may be a little more expensive than it should be. It may have been silly to limit this in the first place. But getting your panties in a twist over a wider release is just hypocrisy.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 1 month

...I'm just guessing here, but they tapes were probably not in the proper condition to just go directly to vinyl. The HDCD process will still sound amazing on vinyl. The Capitol Theater 2016 LP release sounds really good and I believe it went through the same process. Would love to hear more on the subject myself.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

RE: DP editions. I spoke with DL2 about this a while ago. There is NO difference. They were all created from the same masters so the audio quality is identical. I have noted that to me the RGM editions seem a little "fuzzier" on the liner notes. Specifically I owned DP25 at one time, and I felt the pictures weren't sharp. I got a GDP release and it looked better to me. Others on here have felt the same. The other difference, is that on some RGM releases, there is a different cd color used. As for audio quality though... it's the same. The price though, again, comes down to collectability. I for one, wanted the 1st editions. I know a lot of people who feel the same. It's just preference. I again liken it to collectability. Do you want a Shelby, or a Shelby kit-car? Some people don't care. Now... if you know the right people on ebay ;-) you can always buy from them direct, avoid ebay fees and pay less. I always make sure the things I sell are at or near the best price on there, and then I always do 8-10% off for people from here who need something, so I can avoid fees and just pass the cost on. I also do a lot of searching for rarities... and have some amazing Jim Marshall and Herb Greene original prints of the band I'm re-homing... I'm not hawking my own stuff, sorry it came across that way. Enough people here know me to know how to find me or get something done.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I think it is great that they are making an all music edition for the folks who missed out on ordering this over the weekend, and looks as if there is going to be a digital download option as well on release date, so really where is the difference. The true heads just care about the music and not "What will this do to the value of my numbered set?" who cares. Anyone remember beanie babies, how much are those things worth now, $0. Value is only what someone is willing to give you for something, in 20 years these sets will probably be worth the same as the Garcia Beanie Baby. That being said how about releasing an All Music Edition or a download option for the Fillmore 1969 Box Set, it is worth a try.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 7 months

This thread the last few days haha. Could someone please post the wording dead.net used for the FW release
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

Hey, I have a Garcia beanie baby and it's priceless.... :-) Worth is in the eye or hand of the beholder...... I agree it's all about the music if it was free, but when big bucks are concerned, people have a right to an opinion, just like when we go to sporting events and pay for admission, we have a right to Boo our team if we aren't happy with their performance.
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

This box set is nothing short of miraculous. In less than a week Mr. Jack Straw and Spacebro find themselves agreeing. And Spacebro says he likes the way a member of the sixties syndicate thinks. Praise Betty!
user picture

Member for

14 years

Hypocrisy (false advertising) is saying something is limited to certain amount and then making that something unlimited. If GD/Rhino been truthful and said that this would also be available as an "All Music Edition", the sell-out of this box would have taken much longer. For example, Phish has a pre-order for a St. Louis '93 box and even though I want this, I have not ordered this because it is not "limited" and I can take my time in ordering it, and I will probably be able to get this cheaper after it has been released. Saying something is "limited" causes rush buying, which is what Rhino wants. The devil is in the details. Notice how Rhino/GD did not say that this release would never be available in any other format (which is what they did with the Spring '90 Vol 1 and 30 Trips box). When Rhino/GD release their next "limited" box set, if they don't say that the release will never be sold individually or in any other configuration, then Rhino/GD WILL release the contents of that "limited" box in other formats.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 9 months

Yikes this release has been a fiasco. Knee jerk reactions everywhere one looks. Strange economic theory too. Cant help wondering what is highly collectable about this one now. Finished wondering now. The asking price on eBay isn't necessarily what it sells for, if the eBay sellers (cough, *tossers*) are buying up everything and asking a cool $million they will in all probability have lost $150 or so. Anyone who buys something just to resell on eBay starts with a loss and it stays that way until someone buys it. So if anyone would like my highly collectable limited edition box for $2 million then please do let me know. Until then it will be opened, played, book read, enjoyed, repeated, put on shelf, opened again, listened too, faded by sunshine, collect dust, wiped clean, listened too, and not ever sold unless you have $3 million any way.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 7 months

This 10 CD Box Set represents the critical part of the raw materials that were used to create LIVE/DEAD, every note the band played from February 27th to March 2nd, 1969. For the first time you can hear this material in context; listen as Garcia puts down his acoustic ("Mountains of the Moon") while Lesh and Weir start up the "Dark Star" you probably heard first. This is a special moment in the history of this band, and an incredible documentation of it. Fillmore West 1969 - The Complete Recordings is the most significant audio release yet to emerge from the Grateful Dead's vault.Fillmore West 1969-The Complete Recordings is a LIMITED EDITION. Each box set will be individually numbered out of 10,000, and there will be no second pressings or reprints. Once they're gone, they're gone for good.
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

Because if there are only 15 thousand box sets, and 20 thousand people want the CDs, then there are 5000 people who are going to bid on a box set if it's up on ebay. if those 5000 people don't care whether it's the original numbered box or the all music edition, then they have no motivation to buy an original box set off of ebay for more than an all music edition on dead.net.
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

You lost me at Phish pre-order. No offense, Seantor. But hey, I'll trade you a May '77 TOO Box for that bat. That bat will fit in my dugout, right? Is it painted like a cigarette?
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

clueless bro, thou art clueless about what makes the Dead world go round. I resent your resentment, and your lack of common sense. carry on my wayward son! dr shakedown - sorry man, you're just as wrong as iko. if, from the outset, you were only allowed to buy one copy of each product from GDM, there would still be a ton of stock, and about one release a year, as the warehouse sits full of overstock waiting for 2 or 3 years for some of the releases to sell out. it's the reason they changed the business model from road trips to dave's picks. you can say what you want, but I'm as certain as I write this that if each person were only allowed one, this print and flip business of Rhino's slows down by at least 50 percent if not stopped altogether within 3 years. This is what I do for a living, and I've been around watching Rhino's marketing game and changes to that game as long as anyone. if not, then you tell me - why do they allow people to buy as many copies as they want? it's free distribution for them dude!!! They don't have to PAY to distribute their product, which is what the rest of the business world has to do. It's a rare niche, but it works for them.
user picture

Member for

9 years 1 month

it seemed to me you debunked your own argument by the end
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

uh....how 'bout them Yankees?No? um...man,is it hot 'nuff for ya? No? hmmmmm...
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

If "those 5000 people don't care whether it's the original numbered box or the all music edition" don't have to pay extra to greed head investors for GDM product, Deadhead justice prevails!Unplayed CDs aren't music. They are silence. Don't lock up Dead CDs! Hoarding them for investment purposes is anti-music! There is not really anything wrong with selling a limited edition box at an inflated price to someone who wants the number, etc. But doing that to someone who just wants the music is rather vile. The GDM product buying community does NOT represent the whole Deadhead community. It represents those in that community who can accumulate wealth in our society. I live 5 blocks from Golden Gate Park. The tents in there at night and the busses parked along the bordering streets contain many of us. They are the ones who reject the "straight" societal values that I often see defended here. They are the ones who wouldn't cut their hair and embrace Capitalism. They are the ones who saw Nixon and Reagan and Trump as our enemies. I loved seeing what they did to the parking lots on tour and what they still do at the GG Park Hippie Hill. Meanwhile in here the "straights" keep barking about "collector value" and the virtues of Capitalism... I just... Argh!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 6 months

Sorry -- I was busy being Grateful. What're we all bitchin' about today?
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

I never saw a Shakedown street or Dead show that wasn't based in Capitalism.Yes, people share, but it's certainly not a free-for-all. In fact, it's those who demanded that everything be free that ruined it for everyone else. And that feeling of entitlement has only gotten worse........
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....from a show I can't recall right now, "Now, now kids, don't fight." I have a slight compulsive disorder, so I will find that show and get back to everyone....I heard it a couple of days ago. And, no, the bat is not for sale. No offense taken....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 1 month

Interesting. Your reply to my comment lacked any substance whatsoever. Way to make a case against my rebuttal. Again, I'm not sure what it was that I said that was so controversial. Having said that I'd like to revisit something you said about the fact that flippers are needed to keep these releases coming. If you used your theory against how the band developed their following in the first place, toured for over 25 years, and performed thousands of shows, then this is what would have followed. SCALPERS would have bought up most of the tickets for every show, and charged double,even triple the going rate. The Dead for the most part would have ignored the process. Also, the ticketing agency would have charged an extra premium on tickets, and the band would have ignored the process. The only reason the band was able to keep going year after year and play so many shows was because scalpers bought up all the tickets and gouged the fans. Obviously this would have created a warm and fuzzy feeling among the fans and the ever strong loyalty would have been built up even more throughout the years. The Band doesn't owe their success and staying power to their strong bond with their loyal fans. It's the scalpers and ticketmaster that they should be thankful for. Well, you've got the secret to their success obviously. The fact that Grateful Dead are one of the most successful Rock Groups of all time has nothing to do with their relationship with their loyal fan base. They have by far the largest available music catalogue ever. Has nothing to do with the fans. Obviously such a large catalogue does not pull in much money. Hundreds and hundreds of releases over several formats...all thanks to...flippers! If it wasn't for flippers on Ebay the band woulnd't be making money off of their studio releases, their many different live music releases via cd, lp, streaming, video releases, Sirius radio, merchandise... To believe you would be to believe that the Dead survive on pennies and barely have the budget to work on any project. Thanks to the flippers, the fan base can rest easy and be assured that if they want something desirable, they'll get the chance to be gouged and ripped off because of a lack of foresight and preparation by GDM. Of course, this has been the Dead's business model from day one. Right? Again, nice touch by making the box set available via an AME. Also, kudos to Dave and the team for a high quality product. Being a mostly LP buyer, I just can't get behind the fact that these releases (vinyl) have increased to an unhealthy price point. It's an opinion. Strange that some in the community here would poo poo such a thing. My guess is at some point a long time ago someone had an opinion that scalpers were getting in the way of the fans getting a ticket at a fair price or that ticketmaster fees were making their tickets a little too pricey. Good thing someone listened at the time. I wonder if the Santa Clara shows would have even happened if nobody spoke up about how many Fans were desperate to spend their hard earned money to see them one last time. Thanks to the scalpers and flippers of the world for making the Grateful Dead phenomena happen. Thanks Minas for making me realize how wrong I was in believe this great big money making music machine had nothing to do with me and the hundreds of thousands of loyal fans throughout years. It was the Scalpers and Flippers saving the band distribution costs.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 7 months

This is off topic but let's all wish vince a happy birthday today. Think this is the second year in a row the website forgot to post a picture of vince on his bday.I know he might not be the most well received keyboardist but he was still an integral part of the band in its final run. RIP.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....and please, bear with me, cause that seemed ages ago, but the lack of tix due to scalpers wasn't really an issue until the nineties. I could be wrong though, wouldn't have been the first time. Trust me....
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

Not meaning to be argumentative, but Vince's picture has been up on the main page for the last 3 days. http://www.dead.net
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....I was going to comment more, but my wife told to "Get off that damn phone!" My name is Vince, so I thought that comment was directed directly to me. Brb.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

They are not to be looked up to they are parasites on society who steal the public space from those who actually pay for it
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 1 month

No, you are right. That's the point. The dead did not survive and succeed due to scalpers. The band played show after show, year after year, put out album after album, without the need for scalpers. The scalpers and the relationship with the bands success was just an analogy. Maybe a poor one. Still, I needed to highlight that the bands success and the entity's success is not due to the leaches of the music business that make themselves uninvited middlemen between fans the band. When scalpers became part of the scene, GDTS was involved to take some of their (negative) effectiveness at gouging the base. I believe GDTS also helped deal with Ticketmaster fees (might be wrong on that one...so many years ago now). The Grateful Dead's successful model was built on something between its fans and the band. There was a voice for both sides and we listened to each other. Sorry. You know this. Most fans know this. This is my point of rebuttal to Minas. Mass purchases by flippers and the gouging of fans is not what keeps us involved with the band and their product and its not what gives the band's music machine now the opportunity to keep working on projects.
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

Its not about the "value" of the set... It's just that when you market something as a special "limited edition", and then turn around a week later and announce infinite CD-only editions as well as offering download versions... It's just kinda... :| If you're going to release an infinite amount, just say so up front and skip the whole "limited edition" charade. "Exclusive limited edition!" "Buy it quick, right now, before it goes away forever!" Uh-huh...
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....and, in your honor, I stopped 4.15.70 Winterland after A Man's World to plop in 3.27.93 Albany. The Eyes->Estimated always catches me looking at that wicked curveball..... . Edit. jrf, you just posted a compilation of my favorite Looney Tunes character. Cheers my brother. That hit the spot. "Leash line"....lmao
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 7 months

I've been listening to Volume 1 and 7 lately, amazing stuff.
user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

My only comment would be that thinking 15,000 copies WORLDWIDE would be enough given the immense popularity of the shows is a pipe dream , at best. Happy to have the music, however, and if anyone out there is expressing interest in the Peter Conners book, it is available both on Barnes & Noble and Cornell University Press websites. Cheers!
user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

I think that's from 5/15/70, right before Silver Threads.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

pretty bummed. had planned on ordering it then that SNAFU went down the other night so i held off and now it's sold out. glad they're at least offering it, but if it's not limited/collectable and contains less material then why on earth is it the same exact price? that's what we refer to as a "slap in the face." at least cut us a $10-15 break or something since we aren't getting the book. don't be surprised if many lost sailors just take to the seas of the pirate bay and get their digital treasure.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....first of all, welcome chefbobn. Second of all, a Daffy Duck avatar right after a Looney Tunes post? My second favorite character. Touchdown! Third of all, three is a magic number. (I have issues. You don't need to remind me)....and to dantian's ghost, huh? I may be buzzed and somewhat on point, but you lost me....
user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

The "Now now kids, Don't fight" reference....
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....check your pm....
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....ohhhhh. Got it. Facepalm....these posts move pretty fast. Hard enough to keep track of what I've posted between these two GSTL pages. Excellent memory exercises if you ask me....
user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

I really should be more specific when replying to a post from a few hours ago. I think I caught that bad habit from the wife, she sometimes picks up a conversation in mid-sentence that we had days earlier and expects me to know what she's talking about ;)
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....I thought I was the only one.
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/may-1977-get-shown-the-light-all-music-edition-1.html