• 7,847 replies
    marye
    Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • DeadVikes

We made it to May, which means Oberon time here in MN. Finally some warmer weather.

Hope we hear some announcements soon, MUATM and how about the 2024 box set? Man, mum's the word.

Hope all is well out there. Tomorrow I need to finish the Dave's #50 release, which is fantastic to my ears.

• Forensicdoceleven

MIT 5/6/70

Got severely HN'ed this morning, and they didn't even read me my rights..........

Doc
    Life lived for tomorrow will always be just a day away from being realized.......

• nitecat

Harpur was a recording I listened to over and over in the summer of 1972. That's when I realized this was a really different band, and got on the bus, attending the San Jose 1972 show and two of the Berkeley Community Theater shows, one of was the Dark Star>Morning Dew show, which sealed my fate forever.

• PT Barnum

Hey now, gr8 show here, opening Jack Straw high energy and off we go, first set has a Peggy-O and a Loser and ends with a China>Rider. Second set is again where it's at with a monster of a Shakedown estimated>eyes>Drums>Space>Truckin>Black Peter with a Casey Jones encore. check it out

• JimInMD
    I heard from a friend here that today is Harpur College Day

I can only assume it is true. Finished work a little early today, setting the controls for 5/2/1970. A few drops of tincture under the tongue. Hopping on the John Deere. I expect my afternoon will begin by cutting my grass and end destination unknown.

My only wish is that the Hey_Blow nazi's let this post go through unchanged.
    5/1 vs. 5/2. I'm in the 5/2 camp but if you toss in both shows plus the New_Riders from 5/1.. well, lets just throw in 5/6 for a threefor. Trust me, it's going to be alright.

A tip of the glass to what's going on in the world today. I cannot help think of these shows juxtaposed over what's going on in college campuses right now. I refer to my previous statement, chill out a little people, everything's going to be ok. Sit back, listen, enjoy and be.

I love all you guys and girls, the world would be much worse off without us in it.

• Oroborous

What we like and why we like it.
    Used to love how five dudes who all just experienced the same show, sometimes together most of the night, could then have five different opinions in the car afterward lol
    Keep ‘em coming boys!
    I’m rollin on 77 currently.

• uncle_tripel

...those GD aud tape listening days have pasted, however, in the treasure chest can still be found the well-worn AUD cassette tapes with accompanying memories of
    hershey 6/28/85
    rochester 11/7-8/85 [weir and his opening the show by mentioning Rajneesh Bhagwan]
    rochester 7/2/87
    pittsburgh 7/6/87 [welcome our friends the Neville brothers]

and these only see the light of day every 7-8 yrs, & only if, lol, the JONESIN' is OOC,
    which media one prefers to listen to makes no difference as long as
    you all keep on rockin'

• daverock

A bit off piste perhaps, but mention of them reminds me of the great documentary I watched last weekend called "Have You Got It Yet" about....Syd Barrett.

• icecrmcnkd

Unless it’s the audio track of video.
    I’ve recorded video at several shows. They’re on utoob at DeadFloyd69.

Otherwise, with around 4TB of SBDs on HDs, most of which I haven’t listened to yet, there is no reason for me to listen to an AUD recording of GD.

Floyd is a different story because AUDs are mostly what exist.

• Oroborous

I mean I’m not arguing, I totally get it, but hasn’t there ever been a show so ridiculously good that you forget about the tape?
    That you’d regret not hearing?
    Of course, like I said, unless Estimated Prophet yells dumbness next to the mic all night lol Maybe not, there IS a Lot of shows out there!

And that’s so so quality, personally I like a perfectly done aud almost as much, well, I’d take a very well (professionally) done matrix over all, multi track of course ; )

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months
Bolo24 says: An Idea, Perhaps? Since we're all going to have a fair amount of spare time on our hands for the foreseeable future, what about starting another thread where we all listen to the same show/release on a given day and then share impressions afterward? Folks can submit suggestions and one person (not me) picks what we'll all listen to - call it Deadnet Picks or something. Anyway, if this idea is deemed to have merit, I'd suggest one of the loyal regular posters take the lead and do the picking - y'all can decide who. Might be fun. If it does go forward, I nominate Dick's Picks 18 for the first listen. Been talked about here lately, and, had it been a single show rather than a compilation, we'd probably be talking about it in the same conversation as Cornell, Veneta, etc. Or perhaps even Gainesville?? Stay safe and healthy, friends - this planet needs as many Deadheads as possible.

for the rest of that post, dang it, which went on to say among other things that night before also excellent

(took a dozen tries to write that one pared down sentence above - jeez louise) can't even mention venue

set 2 is fire - grate china rider to open

december 12, '80 (ha, finally got the date in after 20+ tries)

S
W
I
N
G

A
U
D

(ha again - one letter per line worked)

user picture

Member for

7 months

Branford Marsalis Royal Garden Blues (1986 vinyl)
april 28th 2009 The Dead at IZOD Center with Branford Marsalis, my last live sound experience with ALL of the remaining boys together
april 27th 1969 Labor Temple in Minneapolis (CD), Thank You Mr. Latvala

edit plus 2
Deep Purple Mark I & II (1973 vinyl)
Cannonball Adderley Live in Belgium august 1962 (CD)

BOT Flagged the word
S
e
x
t
e
t
as in the Cannonball Adderley band formation containing exactly 6 members, lol!
Peace!

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by uncle_tripel

Yeh, the posting here continues to be a huge struggle.

Love those 80 shows. Bring on Oakland.

Can't get the rest of the post in.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

as PT Barnum mentioned (and like i was also trying to say) this is the first show after John Lennon was killed. it's a beautiful intense show.

DV - I plan to check out the Oakland run.

Was checking out the 6th and 7th from Felt Forum run a couple days ago, as Obeah suggested. In case it wasn't obvious "young grasshopper" = bluecrow in wishing for a release of 12/5.

and I'm with Oro - less rehash, more unreleased shows!!

what a relief to not get beaten over the head with hey now this time around. still, built this up in bits and pieces

user picture

Member for

7 years 3 months

I'd love a release of 12/5/71 too!

I also hope some of the off-the-beaten-track stuff from '78 comes out too. The laryngitis shows from January, for example. And if there was a board in the vault for 12/19/78 -- ohhhh, what a gift! The 45th anniversary is coming up for this, the one and only show played in Mississippi. If you've never heard the Stella Blue->NFA from this show, do yourself a favor and give it a listen. The transition is a thing of joyful, triumphant beauty.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

It's a '78! OK, I'm in today.
Reviews are all good.
Cheers

Wow! Impressive show. That Stella NFA transition is so smooth cool. The Truckin' and TOO were totally on theme, didn't stray much but extended nicely. That whole over an hour 2nd set jam is just tight. If the show doesn't get released that alone would make some good filler for a late '78 DaP.

user picture

Member for

7 years 3 months

In reply to by 1stshow70878

Yeah 1stShow that is a great point. I'd be thrilled to have that 2nd set portion excerpted/released as filler if that's all that the vault holds.

I've always found '78 fascinating since the Dead's live performances don't follow the conventional narrative often seen when a band is experiencing friction and disunity. For a band that was about to experience a dramatic personnel reshuffle just 2 months later, you wouldn't know it from this night's performance.

And on that note, it's also interesting that the reviews say that the show was sparsely attended... it seems that sometimes a flat or sparse crowd can impact the band, with the lack of crowd energy translating to a decline in the overall performance, but obviously that didn't happen on this night. I'd be really excited to see something else come out of the vault from this tour or even the January '79 run. All the more especially if that Stella->NFA was destined to be disc 3 filler :)

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by Obeah

The big question as to release (for this and other late '78 early '79 shows) is whether the master soundboards are even in the vault as there seem to be a lot of gaps in what they have. Set II here only circulates as an audience (a really fine one for sure). This show doesn't show up on the list of returned Betty Boards, either as reels or cassettes.

And for the record - hey now is still alive and well as it DQd most of my original post. I'll get to it eventually.

Phil is sure belting it out on Trucking!

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by bluecrow

Awesome show Obeah. Thanks for suggesting it. That Stella is beautiful, with the transition into NFA sort of like they've got a musical "foot" in both and that's saying something. Very cool. And a Casey Jones encore? My goodness! Here's hoping, young grasshopper, this one's in the vault and it sees the light of day!

user picture

Member for

7 months

this week I’m on tour :) it’s 1981, and while this year is curiously under represented with (5) complete shows having been released so far, it’s a “Good Times” to get re-acquainted, and so I’ll be fahkengruven to
Oakland on 12/26, and Stabler Arena @ Lehigh on 9/25, and onto Indy on 12/5, and then off to Long Beach on 8/28, can’t miss a show in Europe so over to Edinburgh on 9/30, and back to the good old US of A in New Jersey @ Rutgers on 5/15 and remember…

…Same Happiness Different Tour!

Peace All!
uncle_tripel

user picture

Member for

7 years 3 months

I'm really pleased to see so many folks enjoying 12/19/78! It's one of the remarkable things about Grateful Dead history: even those of us who are lifelong fans and who have traded far and wide can still find corners of the vault that we've yet to explore. It's no wonder Dave Lemieux always sounds so excited in his seaside chats; Ali Baba's cave would find itself jealous of the riches hidden within. We can only hope, as Bluecrow observed, that the masters of this show are quietly waiting to be revealed!

Speaking of December... 30 years ago, a Monday, and I was just getting myself together to get back over to the venue: the San Diego Sports Arena. Acoustics are rubbish in that place; a tumbledown barn half full of square hay would be better. Still, I saw shows from January-December in '93, and in a year of mostly sub-par gigs, the San Diego shows were two of the best that I caught. It was always my experience that the Grateful Dead played well in December.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by Obeah

I love 81, might have to check out some of those shows Uncle T.
There are definitely some great shows Post Egypt 78. I am little biased as we start getting more Shakedown Street songs.

I have 11/1/79 going this morning. What a show and run. Nassau, with a killer Scarlet Fire that appeared as hidden tracks on Dick's 13. Been done before here, but I go back to this run often.

Haven't heard from Jim or OB on this thread in a while. Hope all is well.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

Sorry DV, my fine message got denied
Been lurkin, but busy and got them H N blues!

Jumbo’s under the weather and been busy, but bet he’s been lurkin..
So everyone wish him well!

Go Vikes!

Would love to post more, but my heads sore from this damn wall I’ve been bangin…

Hey OB, yes, the posting has been rough. None of my longer posts ever make it through.

Yes, go Vikes! What a squad. 3-0 barnburner last week. Losing Cousins was a killer.

Finishing up 11/1/79 today and then moving on to one of those 81 shows Uncle T mentioned.

Hang in there OB.
Get better Jim! Hope to hear from you soon.

Been hitting a lot of 88 lately including the other 3 Alpines I hadn’t heard, and the fine Frost shows. Also, all the fall tour. Hit a ton of 83 this year, a few nice 93s (nice surprise, just gotta poke around), and a bunch of 73, including that awesome box.
I’ve heard all 73s except 2 or maybe 3 only because of tapes. Same with 83 plus the last 3 of the year that I’m working on. Probably 90+% of 88, say 60-70% of 72, all of 71 except like the first 10?! Most of 74, and a lot of 79, 81, and 82.
Have dug in pretty well with most others except some of the primal years and last couple years…

Looking forward to primary 2024 focus on 84, 74, and some 94, with secondary focus 69, 79, and 89!
Should be another Grateful Year!
The Other One says she can hardly wait! LOL

Enjoyed the 12/19/78, need to check out more late 78, though I like spring so much I get stuck there lol

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by Obeah

Qued this one up, and the sound quality is terrible. Charlie Miller's notes, "This recording basically sucks-it starts out bad and gets worse."
Will give 12/26/81 a shot.

You have been busy OB. Do you have any recommendations from your recent tours?

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

my copy aint that bad.

user picture

Member for

7 years 3 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Oro I am glad to hear you, too, enjoyed 12/19/78. I stumbled upon that show back in the day while doing my own surveying, in that instance a good deep dive into Stella Blue. There's so many ways to approach this catalog! I liked reading your plans for future listening. Myself, I've been bouncing back and forth lately between Fall '72 (as I've stated elsewhere, it's still such an unexplored country for me, and what fertile soil I've found it to have!) and 1984.

I'm a big fan of '84-'85 and wanted to get myself primed for Dave's Vol 49. However, like Fall '72, Spring '84 was another wasteland in my collection. I had the April show from the Alladin Theater in Vegas and that was it. It's been so much fun getting into those Marin Vets shows from the end of March!

I love hearing what folks are listening to. Y'all give me so many great ideas. I just wrapped up listening to 5/12/77 II...ty to whoever suggested it!

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I'm in. Seven inch reel to reels, not cassette.
A Jack Straw tests their mettle.
Sounds like fun!
Cheers

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Obeah

In my quest to attempt to hear em all, I’ve come up with a way to deal with anniversaries and still efficiently chip away at the stone…
I found trying to constantly worry about and have to choose lol, anniversary shows, sometimes gets overwhelming and in the way of progress…so you end up just listening to the same shows over and over…OR,
Also, no offense to the many who roll this way, but I find the This day in GD history approach too predictable and limiting, but that’s just me…

My system is to use the last number of the year for primary focus, and add 5 to it for secondary focus.
So next year will be primary 84, 74, and 94, with 69, 79, and 89 being secondary.
I listed 84 first because I’ve done most of 74 a lot already, but it will be nice to rehash some of the big dogs, like that awesome 5/14 show is due for a spin…
That way I can go deep on years I’m behind on, but still manage to get enough variety in.
So this year I was able to finish the rest of 73, 83, get acquainted with some 93, more acquainted with 78, and serendipitously a lot of 88. Unfortunately I was a lacking in giving 68 more love.

Of course any show can be gone to at any time chever way your pleasure tends.
But using this template has served me well, mostly in not getting a headache trying to choose all the time lol.

Of course there’s also the full tour method: listen to every show on a tour in order without any other dead until completed. More work but greater understanding and fulfillment as I’m sure 1stshow will agree after his big trip to Europe this year!

So, how do y’all roll?

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Can’t say when, but like that 78 It’s on my radar for when the time is right…
Now I HAVE to check out that 9/25/81 show lol

Ha, I too checked out/enjoyed that 5/12/77 disc via good ole BC.
I’ve unfortunately never met him, but I can totally see listening to that out on the late night, back roads of the west in my minds eye!

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

A distracted listen so take this comment with a grain of salt. Really good solid show but I can't for the life of me figure out what made this a DaP. There is almost always a set, segment, or even just a 3 minute MLB jam or the like that just shouts that this should be an official release. I did like the setlist and the unusual placement of Good Lovin' at the end but even my favorite thing to listen for, TOO, was a bit underwhelming. The end of 1st set China > Rider and the beginning of 2nd Scarlet > Fire were the highlights for me. The encore Satisfaction was good too!
The distraction was my sis called during my listen and we discussed her 4-24-70 GD show (or was it 4-25-70; see Jerry's Middle Finger discussion of these two shows as there was/is much confusion in the data as to whether there were two shows at Mammoth Gardens or just one) and I was telling her how to hear her show on the Archive. We also talked at length about the Denver Pop Festival of 1969 at Mile High. Look it up. Must have been fun until the end when the riot and teargas forced Jimi (and the original Experience in their last show) off the stage. Frank Zappa invents The Wave too!
Cheers

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Maybe as Oro says, right street, wrong house.

I listened to it a few weeks ago and still liked it.
Maybe chosen because of the double whammy of China Rider and Scarlet Fire.
A lot of people were upset when it was released. I wasn’t one of them.

Anyway, doing the MSG Box today, 9-20-82 first, now on 10-11-83.

My methodology for listening is I have no set methodology OB. I tend to go with what I haven't listened to in a while when I am at home or what I feel like listening to. Particularly like to hit the box sets or all the other official released shows that I own. Also like to hit the shows offered up on this site from the fine people here. Love to explore the achrive.
My 2018 car has a hard disc drive that holds 250 CDs and right now it consistents of 90% Dead. I will probably have to keep the car forever as I don't to lose that library.

Dave's 20 is a good show. I like it. Upper echelon show, not sure. I think it was picked because it was a rare reel to reel for the time period and Dick gave Dave a copy back in the day. I will say it has more audience patches than any other Dave's released to date. Still enjoyable. The Scarlet Fire Estimated He's Gone is worth the listen as well as the Other One Stella Blue out of Space. Fun Satisfaction encore. Bob states, "we like it hear, we will be back." They never went back.

user picture

Member for

7 months

now that was fun, got to say my 1981 tour last week really reinvigorated me, went to some mystic places I hadn’t been before, and heard some great passages that no deadhead should miss. I went on this tour because, after watching you toob [dreams we dreamed] He’s Gone: A Tribute to Brent, it was time to listen more carefully, and yes it was very well spent ‘Good Times’. What initially started as six shows, well, you know how it is when you’re on tour lol, ended in 10 shows…and when you get confused, just listen to Jerry play…I decided on these shows as I had never listened to 9 of them.

Here’s my tour list with archive identifier in case you need some ’81 in your life; great playing, awesome vocals, some far-out space, and some surprising jams that sometimes aren’t listed in the set lists of compendium’s, etc…
12/26 Oakland #84265
9/25 Stabler Arena @ Lehigh #148686
12/5 Indy #111784
8/28 Long Beach #113680
9/30 Edinburgh #151109
5/15 Rutgers #95751
9/26 Buffalo #18110
5/2 Phila #30152 [I attended this one]
5/17 was the only partial show Set 2 of Onondaga #112865
After 9 shows, I just couldn’t pass up listening to 5/16 Barton Hall #30647 (I don’t own 30 Trips box, so this was a 1st listen for me, and what a Shakedown.

All these shows are SDB’s with many having audience patches, that’s always just been a part of that taping hierarchy I guess, so it’s the GD warts and all.

and get back truckin' on, hey now get back truckin' home!
Peace All!
uncle_tripel

Uncle T?

Here’s some other fine 81 shows you should check out if you haven’t.
9/12/81 the whole Greek run is good
12/3/81
12/6/81
12/7/81
3/7/81
3/23&24/81
3/13/81
Stanley shows are good

I’m extremely biased but I’ve always thought 5/17 and 9/26 were release worthy!
5/17 gets overlooked because of SB BS, but there are some hot Auds and this show is almost better via aud!
I was in the 3rd row, JG was trying out the new McIntosh MC2500 amp, and he was screaming loud lol.
He just rips the whole show!
Had a final the next day and my ears were still ringing so bad I couldn’t hear the profs instructions lol

There must be something more than my bias about 9/26 because Dave has played it in various places a lot over the years…

All those December shows are hot and in mho better than DaP 20. 20s good, but I think all the others are better, especially Indianapolis.
I started doing E fall 81 but didn’t finish, need to hit that tour up sometime, think I’ve hit most of the spring one?

ISTSHOW: curious if your sis checked out the archive and what she thought etc?

Edit: checked out the 9/25/81 show and dug it. I didn’t go with the CM dissed version but I want to see how bad it gets when I have more time lol

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by Oroborous

Been away for a bit. Had the flu for the first time since the 90's, the shot did not work for me this year. Boy am I glad to have that behind me!

Funny 81 and the MSG box get mentioned here. Right before the plague found me, I hit up the MSG box in backwards order, starting with 83 and ending with 81. 3/9/81 is still my favorite in the box. The China Rider, for example, is creative and extremely high energy.. especially that thump at the end as Sampson starts. And what about those aliens at the end of Half-Step in the 83 show? Performance Art to be sure.

Dave's 20? It's ok, enjoyable.. it's light on the x factor though, at least to my years. Glad it came out but I agree with Oro.

One of the first shows I offered up on Pick of the Day was 8/12/81 at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City. I don't think the entire thing circulates in soundboard, but the parts that do are well recorded for the era. A nice little show. 81 is an interesting year, I can't seem to put my thumb on what it is.. they are a little all over the place but when they shine, they shine. 81 and 82 are the last years where Jerry still had a bit of youthful spirit in his voice. By 83, the gargoyles and gravel gremlins began to set up camp in his voicebox.

An oddity and certainly not a high-water mark for the year is the Cole Field House show in College Park, MD. No Terrapin at the house of the Terrapins that night, somebody forgot to send the memo. Still, an oddity simply because it has to be the loudest, acousticly terrible venue they played at that year and the tapes seem to support this premise. It came a little more than six months before my first show, I wish I was there to hear what the tapes do little justice in recreating.

That's all I have. I feel a post flu nap coming on.

Keep on kepping on guys, great stuff Tripple, Oro and others.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Sis did go to the archive and listen to her show. No response yet on her review but she gets busy and I don't hear from her much. She did tell me she was right up front crushed into place right in front of Bob Weir. There was a jug of Kool-aid being passed around but since she was already dosed she did not partake. She also got to see The Who and Jethro Tull in 1970 at that short lived venue. And she was at the Sunday show in 1969 of the Denver Pop Festival featuring Hendrix as the headliner. Pretty impressive rock concert resume for a high school kid. Then she moved to S.F., CA to do the hippy thing but says she did not remember going to shows in the couple of years she was there. Can you imagine? 1975-76 in S.F. and you didn't go to any shows? Aw, sis!
Cheers

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

Good to see you back Jim. Those flu bugs can be a bitch.

Love that MSG Box. Hope it sells out at some point. I think it is better for us if these sell out rather than sitting around for years.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

8/28/81: on a job etc, so didn’t get the best listen, but seemed like a fine show!
Interesting second set!

Yeah DV I’m about ready to give that box a spin, or at least 81 and/or 82 as I hit the 83s recently.
Just need to make it through the rest of the year…hopefully then I’ll have some more GD time.
Yep, you’d think sales might have an impact on what comes out?
Like how we haven’t had an 89 (cept Giants maybe?) since that overpriced JFK measly 2 show box…
Still sitting on those awesome fall 89 (think spring 90 quality) multitracks…

1stshow: Doah, picture palm to forehead: living in the promised land in 72 and no shows?
The HORROR! Say it isn’t so, ; ) LOL she did seem some great stuff though!

Glad Jim’s back from the Dead, or is it back to the Dead ; ) lol

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

She wasn't in S.F. until '75-'76.
Could have seen the early post-hiatus though if she had the mind to.
Still hasn't answered me on the 1970 archive listen.
Happy solstice tomorrow.
Cheers
Edit: She loved it, she says! Said it brought her right back to standing there right in front of Bob. I'm guessing Bob noticed her as she was a cute (hard to ignore) teenager with long blond hair.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

1stshow - it would have been something if Hendrix had dedicated Foxy Lady to your sister ! Meant respectfully, of course. To have seen Hendrix live must have been magical.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Fortunately for sis she was nowhere near the stage for the Denver Pop Festival as that's where the teargas was aimed apparently as the riot ensued. But just look at Jimi's setlist for that show (Sunday, June 29). A greatest hits list with Voodoo Chile > Slight Return as the closer. I'm sure I've heard part of that show somewhere and Jimi liked to talk a lot between songs as I recall.
Cheers

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

It does look quite wild. Just been reading about it online- apparently it was last show by the original Experience. Looks like the whole set is on youtube, too.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by daverock

There is a 2023 Miller upgrade of this fine show. First five or six songs are also part of View from the Vault III.

Always liked this late fall run in 87.

user picture

Member for

11 years 1 month

In reply to by DeadVikes

To all pagans, heathens, druids et al. Notice where sunlight falls today where ever you are. Celebrate at a megalithic site and rock on!

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by dmcvt

Right on DMCVT. Here's to longer days!

More time to enjoy life and listen to music. Time for a relisten to Here Comes Sunshine.

user picture

Member for

7 months

if you are interested, here you go

leathersmithe archive sonic journal

last 5
Johnny Cash: Live at Carousel Ballroom 4.28.68 [Bear’s SONIC Journals] (CD)
Art Tatum: Piano Starts Here, Live 1949 at the Shrine Auditorium in LA (CD)
The Ragpicker’s Dream: Mark Knopfler (CD)
Bunny Wailer: LIVE, Recorded in Kingston Jamaica Dec. 25, 1982 (1983 vinyl)
Steel Pulse: True Democracy [wealth maketh many friends, but the poor is separated from the neighbor] (1982 vinyl)

more 1981 is currently on-hold until the holidays have passed; I’m ending this fine year of new music with a re-listen of the HC Sunshine box set, and Mark Knopfler Box 1996-2007

Enjoy the holidays if you please, looking forward to more great music in 2024.
Make Tapes, Not War!

Peace All!
uncle_tripel

quick edit - ORO, forgot 2 thumbs-up for 8/28/81

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by uncle_tripel

Happy Holidays people!

Hope you all have an enjoyable one.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

All vintage Christmas vinyl.
From 1956 - 1970s.
From tire stores and hardware stores BITD.
Cheers

Running Lionel trains later!

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In no order as I can’t remember through the holi daze…

DaP 20
The 83 N ew Years run
12/18/73
12/19/73
6/14/85 2nd

I'm with Oro.

Been listening to a lot of shows from New Years Runs with just a touch of the Giants Box lately. 76, 77 and 79 got a lot of love. Somehow caught an annoying bug over Christmas, so that coming off the flu has me too tired to do much of anything useful. Once the daily routine is behind me all I have been doing is lying around, watching sports and listening to music and even that is leaving me wiped out.

Happy New Years all. Give more than you receive and don't let the Hey Nows bring you down.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Happy New Year all!

Back to the grind tomorrow.

Dave's 49 hopefully by the end of the month.

What will the 2024 box be?
Will the site let me post? I have tried to post about the 2024 box set and it gets blocked every time. Why?
Edit, started RT. 4.3 yesterday from 11/21/73. It has been a while for this one.

user picture

Member for

2 years 6 months

Since I've been wrong 100% of the time, how about a 1990s box set.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by billy the kiddd

Billy - that's a dangerous joke!

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by daverock

You might be on the verge of a long streak of release picks

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by JimInMD

With:
12/31/78 on NYs, which then has led to: (per PFs exultations)
1/5, 7, 8, 12, and 14 /79
Unfortunately all Auds, but most not too shabby, all mostly enjoyed
ONWARD!

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

All this talk of 1979 got me thinkin'.
May have to check out 8-12-79.
My first Brent show. He brings it!
Cheers

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Listened to Set II yesterday and going to circle back to this show because it was a fun listen. Yeah, lots of good stuff in '79 the whole year round.