• 1,823 replies
    heatherlew
    Default Avatar
    RFK Stadium 1989 Box

LESS THAN 5000 LEFT

The Grateful Dead battled the elements in July 1989, enduring drenching rains and stifling humidity during back-to-back shows at Robert F. Kennedy Stadium in the nation’s capital. In spite of the bleak weather, the band thrilled the massive crowds both nights with triumphant performances that rank among the very best of a busy year that included 74 shows and the release of the group’s final studio album, BUILT TO LAST.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY STADIUM, WASHINGTON, D.C., JULY 12 & 13, 1989 includes two previously unreleased concerts taken from the band’s master 24-track analog recordings, which have been mixed by Jeffrey Norman at TRI Studios and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser. The collection’s colorful slip case features original artwork by Justin Helton and a perfect-bound book with in-depth liner notes written by Dean Budnick, editor-in-chief of Relix magazine. The set will also be available as a digital download in Apple Lossless and FLAC 192/24.

When Jerry Garcia, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, Brent Mydland, and Bob Weir rolled into D.C. in July 1989 for the Dead’s two-night stand at RFK, the band hit the stage running with a stellar rendition of “Touch Of Grey,” the group’s biggest hit from its only Top 10 album In The Dark, which was released in 1987. The following night, the band returned to its double-platinum commercial breakthrough when it opened the show with a fiery version of “Hell In A Bucket.”

“RFK Stadium '89 fell right in the middle of one of the best tours of the last 15 years of Grateful Dead performances, with these shows being the sixth and seventh of an 11-show tour. This tour is widely considered the start of a nine month period of sustained excellence, which ran from Summer '89 through Spring '90. The RFK shows are as good as any of the more famous shows from this period, including July 4 in Buffalo, July 7 in Philadelphia, and the Alpine run,” says David Lemieux, Grateful Dead archivist and the set’s producer. “When Bob Weir has asked me to provide copies of Grateful Dead songs to give to his bandmates to learn and rehearse, he almost always requests Summer '89, and I've often drawn upon the RFK shows for this purpose. It's really that good!”

Both shows feature standout moments, but the July 12 show is notable for a few reasons. Perhaps the biggest is that the first set featured at least one song sung by each of the band’s four lead singers – Garcia, Weir, Lesh and Mydland – something that rarely happened. Another surprise came when the band opened the second set with “Sugaree,” a song that almost always appeared during the first set.

Pianist Bruce Hornsby — who briefly joined the band between 1990 and 1992 — is featured on both shows. He played accordion during “Sugaree” and “Man Smart (Woman Smarter),” with a touch of keyboard-tinkling, on July 12, and then played more accordion the following night for “Tennessee Jed” and “Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again.”

For fans of Mydland’s tenure with the Dead – which began in 1979 and ended in 1990 with the keyboardist’s tragic death – these stellar shows capture that incarnation in peak form. Among the long list of highlights are performances of live staples such as “Eyes Of The World,” “Wharf Rat” and “I Need A Miracle,” along with rarities like “To Lay Me Down,” which was played only a few times in 1989. The July 13 show also features the band road-testing “I Will Take You Home,” a track Mydland wrote with Dead lyricist John Perry Barlow that would appear later that fall on Built To Last.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • schumertour

Hey noww i placed my order for the RFK 89 set on Saturday Nov 21 and received confirmation that it will ship with Ups (tracking # provided) today Wednesday Nov 25 2020. I was reluctant to order considering the comments about delays in receiving the goods, glad it seems they’re on it now. Nothin left to do but smile smile smile!!!!! Can’t wait to fire up and crack that baby open to relive the moments missed.

• InfiniteJest

Is this 100% still in stock?

• DaveStrang
    Default Avatar

Try contacting Marye at the 'Got Issues With Your Store Order' forum; it's further down on the topics page. She might be able to help as she has in the past. I can understand your frustration. Also, remember the mail has been slooowed down. Good luck.

• Thetentman

This service is the worst. So slow and unhelpful.

• Thetentman

I ordered this in Feb 2020. It is now the last day of August 2020 and I am still waiting. Last week they notified me it was in stock. 2 days later they said it shipped. Except the Tracking number they provided does not work. They have not replied to 2 requests for info. My Dave's Picks subscription takes 3-4 weeks to arrive. So I guess I will start looking at the end of September. BTW when I ordered it never mentioned that it was not in stock. It is too bad that the DEAD trust this Mickey Mouse operation. We deserve better. FYI there are many choices and bootlegs on Amazon with MUCH better service. Caveat Emptor.

• That Mike

Sorry to say, but the problem is Dead.net itself. They take your money, and you are your own. No response to e-mail requests to Customer Nonservice, and phone calls promise to “escalate” your very important message to the Warehouse, which is double talk for “We will pitch your request in the garbage”. Too bad - a musical legend, that produces the sonic masterpieces it does, and it leaves Shipping and Customer Service in the hands of the Keystone Kops.

I wish you well, but welcome to the Matrix.

• StevePaulos
    Default Avatar

Ordered on 6/4/2020. What’s the hold up?

• Thetentman

I ordered in May. It is on backorder. No one can tell me when it is due back in stock. Love the Dead But they leave a lot to be desired with their merchandising arm. How hard is it to put a banner across the web page with the product status?

• truckineric

My order for RFK 89 is still in pending mode. I ordered on 12-22. Is it sold out? I hope not because I need more 1989 in my life :)

• truckineric

Is this sold out? I purchased on 12-22. My order is still pending. Please help.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 8 months

RFK Stadium 1989 Box

LESS THAN 5000 LEFT

The Grateful Dead battled the elements in July 1989, enduring drenching rains and stifling humidity during back-to-back shows at Robert F. Kennedy Stadium in the nation’s capital. In spite of the bleak weather, the band thrilled the massive crowds both nights with triumphant performances that rank among the very best of a busy year that included 74 shows and the release of the group’s final studio album, BUILT TO LAST.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY STADIUM, WASHINGTON, D.C., JULY 12 & 13, 1989 includes two previously unreleased concerts taken from the band’s master 24-track analog recordings, which have been mixed by Jeffrey Norman at TRI Studios and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser. The collection’s colorful slip case features original artwork by Justin Helton and a perfect-bound book with in-depth liner notes written by Dean Budnick, editor-in-chief of Relix magazine. The set will also be available as a digital download in Apple Lossless and FLAC 192/24.

When Jerry Garcia, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, Brent Mydland, and Bob Weir rolled into D.C. in July 1989 for the Dead’s two-night stand at RFK, the band hit the stage running with a stellar rendition of “Touch Of Grey,” the group’s biggest hit from its only Top 10 album In The Dark, which was released in 1987. The following night, the band returned to its double-platinum commercial breakthrough when it opened the show with a fiery version of “Hell In A Bucket.”

“RFK Stadium '89 fell right in the middle of one of the best tours of the last 15 years of Grateful Dead performances, with these shows being the sixth and seventh of an 11-show tour. This tour is widely considered the start of a nine month period of sustained excellence, which ran from Summer '89 through Spring '90. The RFK shows are as good as any of the more famous shows from this period, including July 4 in Buffalo, July 7 in Philadelphia, and the Alpine run,” says David Lemieux, Grateful Dead archivist and the set’s producer. “When Bob Weir has asked me to provide copies of Grateful Dead songs to give to his bandmates to learn and rehearse, he almost always requests Summer '89, and I've often drawn upon the RFK shows for this purpose. It's really that good!”

Both shows feature standout moments, but the July 12 show is notable for a few reasons. Perhaps the biggest is that the first set featured at least one song sung by each of the band’s four lead singers – Garcia, Weir, Lesh and Mydland – something that rarely happened. Another surprise came when the band opened the second set with “Sugaree,” a song that almost always appeared during the first set.

Pianist Bruce Hornsby — who briefly joined the band between 1990 and 1992 — is featured on both shows. He played accordion during “Sugaree” and “Man Smart (Woman Smarter),” with a touch of keyboard-tinkling, on July 12, and then played more accordion the following night for “Tennessee Jed” and “Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again.”

For fans of Mydland’s tenure with the Dead – which began in 1979 and ended in 1990 with the keyboardist’s tragic death – these stellar shows capture that incarnation in peak form. Among the long list of highlights are performances of live staples such as “Eyes Of The World,” “Wharf Rat” and “I Need A Miracle,” along with rarities like “To Lay Me Down,” which was played only a few times in 1989. The July 13 show also features the band road-testing “I Will Take You Home,” a track Mydland wrote with Dead lyricist John Perry Barlow that would appear later that fall on Built To Last.

user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

I remember (I'm dam sure of it!) more than once in grade school ('50s) sitting in a circle and the teacher whispering a short story to first person and then each one of the students whispering the story to their neighbor until at the end of the circle the final version was compared to the original. Invariably different.I don't think it had anything to do with the '70s or '80s... human nature :-) DE
user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

Super excited to get these shows. Arrived last night while I was at a Hall of Fame induction for a sibling- she rocks! Ripping them as we speak. Gonna light a fire and fire up these shows. Can't wait to hear em. As for the art- I love it. I know not everyone is a fan of the copy and paste, and I get that. For me, I think it's just exactly right. Great colors, art, and packaging. Glad I got the physical product for this one. Happy Saturday, ya'll! Happy listening, and Go Irish!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

17 years

Good morning, I want to take a moment to collectively thank you guys and Rhino for all of your efforts to offer and deliver this music to us. Woke up this morning and went right for the July 12th discs, and the sound is superb and the packaging, which is important to me, is perfect. Probably speaking for many, 2017 has been a fantastic year in regard to these Grateful Dead releases... Cornell, Buffalo, and others are now in our collections and are so well produced. For me, the news surrounding the 2018 Dave's Picks subscription show the decisions made what to release consider what many fans are passionately wanting... if the sound is there...you guys make it happen. Again, thanks so much and enjoy the holidays... Sincerely, Neil Glotzer Visalia, CA
user picture

Member for

13 years 1 month

Jerry's solo RIPS, and "I started out on Heinekin, but soon I hit the harder stuff..." Happy fall Saturday, DeadLand! Only through Disc 1 of 7/12 and the first 2 of 7/13, but this release is one of the best sounding I own. I like the packaging too! Peace
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Yeah, thanks to the crew that keeps bringing us these releases. Time to announce the next mini-Box.....which is coincidentally also from RFK.......6-9,10-73.......followed a few months later by 7-27,28-73.......
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

I love the sound on these shows.. I've only got one disc under me.. I have some comments though. Warlocks, 10/89. It sounded better inside than the CD's sound. This sounds much better than it sounded at the venue and continues with the stride Jeffrey hit when he mixed Spring 90 TOO. Whatever he's doing, it's working. I wish we could go back and remix the Warlocks shows and Spring 90 #1 and get them to sound like this box. Great sound and Jerry's voice sounds quite fresh for the era. On to disc 2.
user picture

Member for

6 years 10 months

Got the dreaded "late UPS trailer" and since its UPS ground which isn't delivered on Saturday either, I have to wait until Monday. To add insult to injury, it's actually here in Orlando but they won't let me pick it up either - agghh!!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 9 months

Got mine yesterday, and just finished listening. Sounds fabulous. Thanks
user picture

Member for

14 years 9 months

Listening to "Far From Me" from the first show...The mix is great, band is in sync, great guitar work from Jerry. At the end, Brent sings "This song's my last fucking song for you, BITCH!" Really nice. I'm sure his daughter will love listening to this version
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

If this is the worst show of the tour, as some have said, then all I can say is it must have been one amazing tour! Usually I read all of the posts I have missed and then chime in. But today was Leafapalooza here in my yard in Western CT., so I slapped on the old iPod at max volume and went at them listening to the first show here. Unbelievable! The boys came out hot and stayed that way throughout. A truly amazing first set. I can't wait for show #2 tomorrow. I am a '72 fan for sure, but this is AT LEAST as good as DaP24. The only other thing I have to say is that I will take Donna's screams anytime on PITB over those of Bob here at the end of Estimated! Lol If you have not ordered this yet, get on it immediately! You will not be disappointed Rock on
user picture

Member for

10 years 11 months

Can't really comment on the music yet, but Gorgeous packaging with 2 separate tri-packs as I had hoped. Sound is amazing. Booklet inside is perfect. Just an amazingly beautiful product to hold in one's hands and hear with one's ears. I like this compared to the beautiful but delicate and oversized/awkward Cornell Box. (I think sometimes artists and designers want to stand out for the awards these packages now earn, and a bigger box/flat surfaces means more "canvas" to stand out.) Many thanks to all involved in producing this gem. Can't wait to really listen to it now!
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

the sound quality of this set is fabulous.
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

the sound quality of this set is fabulous.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

17 years

Sound quality and performances are fabulous!
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Yeah, I saw this film at the last Meet Up At The Movies this summer. When Mickey said that, everyone in the audience with me had quite the chuckle. I was glad it was caught on film.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 9 months

But I'm underwhelmed. Before a certain cohort accuses me being a "70s mafia" member, let me preface by saying that I have never been dissatisfied by a 1989-1990 release before. 10/16/89 is one of my all-time favorite shows, and 3/24/90 is my oldest tape. I own both Spring '90 boxes, the Warlocks set, Dozin', Nightfall, DLS9, and both stand-alone July shows. This set is a snoozer. It's beautifully packaged...and the SQ is impeccable....and there's nothing on here that's terrible (except Brent's theatrics on Far From Me and Little Red Rooster), but there's nothing great here either. Part of this is setlist-driven (the post-drums on 7/13 has to be the most stereotypical "late-80s" ending ever), but there's also no over-the top great moments. The end of 7/13's first set has a fancy TLMD and LIG, but there's no main course after the delicious appetizer. I'm really happy those who wanted a 80s show got one. And again, if you love this release, that's great! I just don't understand why these two subdued shows were selected over so many other worthy contenders from the month, let alone the year.
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

The reason this was released now is to bring you and your money back later for what you really want. Set list may be generic but I haven’t found any negatives yet (except the lack of video which we all know exists). Again, sound quality is spectacular.
user picture

Member for

17 years

ok....lol who hollered "holy fuck-in' SHIT!" during Drums. if it was someone in the audience that's highly amusing.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

....liking the second RFK show better that the first. So far. As far a someone saying "Holy Fuckin' shit" during drumz, if I had a dollar for every time I said that during a Grateful Dead show, I would have a lot of dollars. That person is my spirit animal....Mr Jack Straw said the post drumz song selection for the 13th are stereotypical late '80's. My view on that statement is that these are late '80's shows. What does one expect?....
user picture

Member for

17 years

the drums on july 7th is something to hear as well. or see if you have the DVD
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

I’ve noticed this season that during play stoppages at Red Wings home games when they play music that Greta Van Fleet is played at least once per game. Showing some love for the MI boys.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

....and probably the best part of a Red Wings game. Shots fired!! Lol
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

....who has the better record? Let me break out my gavel as I rest my case....even better. Hockey players don't kneel. I can talk smack with the best of them.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

....I wanna know, will you be my girl?. The Brentster doing his best Brent impersonation.
user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

Let it Grow is awesome, Mississipi Half Step is awesome, Throwing Stones is awesome. The rest is kind of slow. Estimated Eyes is where it's supposed to be, but nothing extraordinary. It seems like they needed a rest and went with some easy numbers. Not that I think that's what happened in reality. I'm sure this is just what they felt like playing. The end result just seems slow, easy does it. The sound is what I expected, I'm so glad they started taking recording shows seriously again at the end of the 80s. It's not even close to Dave's Picks 24, that's just not even on the table. Agree it's a snoozer for the most part, but worth it if you need to have every great performance the guys did, because the ones I mentioned are upper echelon. I see this as the litmus test for 80s/90s material. I received an email that there's just under 5000 left, which means they can sell 10,000, which is pretty damn good. Not sure what they need to turn a profit, but I'm sure the rest will trickle out over the next couple of years.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

....Im thankful that I'm not as picky. Otherwise, I think I would lose my mind.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

....with the '72 blues again. Dusted off my Warlocks cigar box set just because. Bobby stated that '89 was a great year for the band. You're not gonna go against the grain, are ya?
user picture

Member for

17 years

I myself will probly pull out the Warlocks box. it was a great b day present. was afraid I wasn't going to get it when it sold out the first time in 2014 but came back in stock 2015. but also will probly pull out truckin up to buffalo. I bought it when it first came out at a Meijer's and never gave it a full play. that crimson white & indigo. watched the dvd but never played the music. I agree with v guy I think I like 13th more. I only got up to Cold rain & snow. but for me I think the mix is a better on that bobby seems to be more audible than on the 12th but that's me. I like Hell in the Bucket bobby's guitar starts sounding like clanging church bells. and the Cold Rain & Snow I could put that on repeat. I'm only two tracks in though. i'm also not used to hearing bob using his MIDI set up that much. from what I have he mostly used it during Space not regular songs.
user picture

Member for

17 years

I haven't had a chance to delve into this set fully as of yet. Trying to stay on the official release "anniversary listening" binge I started at the beginning of this year. I've been pretty deeply entrenched in the Winterland '73 box shows, and am a day behind (in the middle of the "Playin' > Uncle John's > Morning Dew > Uncle John's > Playin'" from 11/10/73 as I type). However, I did listen to the first two tracks from 7/12/89 yesterday, and, oh my....."snooze" and "dirge" are the exact opposite reactions of mine. Right out of the gate, Touch of Grey is energetic, Jerry's obviously feeling great and playing/singing his ass off, the mix sounds massive, the Hammond B3 is the sound that should ALWAYS have been a part of the sound, because Pigpen and Brent were/are the shiznit (Keith was great, of course, but wish he would have taken more chances by expanding his tonal palate, but he was awesome and made that slot his own). The band is clearly playing at the top of their game. This then led into Minglewood, which could at times be pedestrian, but not this version. Jerry's guitar solo work on this alone makes it THEE definitive version released thus far. 60's, 70's, 90's and even many 80's versions don't hold a candle to this one. That's as far as I got. Never imagined I would meet a Minglewood that alone would make a boxed set worth the price of admission, yet here it is. I did see 7/12/89 at the Meet-up this year, and the mix at the theater wasn't even close to as nice sounding as this is, so far. Hopefully when they do release this on video, it will be a high def multi-channel surround mix utilizing the 24 track tape. First impression with first two songs, mixwise.....too soon to tell, but so far I think they outdid themselves. Always stepping up their game. Good job and thanks to all involved with getting this out there. My final point on this post is, it's very difficult to resist the temptation to jump off of the anniversary listening program, because this is the type of release that tends to stay in my CD player (actually iPod or computer these days) for days, or even weeks on end. So much detail and depth in just a brief encounter, has me chompin' on the bit, so-to-speak. There's a two day respite between 11/11/73 and 11/14/73, so I will definitely jump in right there, if not sooner. edit - 7/12 & 13/89 being labeled the worst run of the Summer '89 tour is like saying 4/14 & 17/72 are the worst of the E'72 tour. In other words, like '72, there isn't a bad show in '89. Both peak periods for those respective line-ups....and no, I'm not comparing '89 with '72, because they are both great years for the Dead.
user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

'89 was an outstanding year for the band, Bobby speaks the truth. Just saying this pair of shows is average for the Grateful Dead. Would rather have Alpine Valley a week later. The Minglewood is good for this era of the band, but it's not one of my favs to start with, and as far as #1s go, I'd roll with 1/23/78 or 4/29/71 (but then again, I can't really think of anything from '71 that sounds better in '89). kyleharmon, definitely go for that crimson white and indigo. Great all the way through. iko iko, scarlet/fire and knocking on heavens door are unreal. Also lovelight.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

....excuse me while I exchange my gavel for a hammer and pound that nail.
user picture

Member for

17 years

yeah why didn't they put out alpine valley? or Foxboro '89? id rather have an audio than a dvd. both would have fine stand alone non limited releases. I vaguely remember down hill from here when my sister brought it home when she worked at Hollywood video. I really don't even think I finished watching it either.
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

...uttered the expletives during Drums on 7/12. He was caught on film and it was shown at the Meet-Up at the Movies this year. Not gonna pick up an audience member on a board tape. :)
user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

You just reminded me. When I bought crimson white and indigo, I didn't realize there was a DVD in there too. I ripped the cds and put the thing on the shelf for years. Then I lent to someone at work this summer, and when they returned it they said the video really took them back to the 80s! So I'm like what are you talking about willis? Never realized there was a DVD of the performance. Ha! Still get a chuckle out of that.
user picture

Member for

17 years

it's real easy to forget there's a DVD for that one. they don't usually put a dvd in with an audio release. its a good one I received it in april 2016 and didn't watch it till summer of 2016
user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

I received 2 boxes because of a mix up. My first order was cancelled but I was charged and received it anyway. Numbers are 11000 apart! After a day of debate, I think I'll gift it to my buddy who brought me on to the bus (way back in high school) instead of doing a return while losing shipping charges.I have between now and christmas to compose a card so that I don't offend him by such an extravagant gift. Suggestions are welcome.
user picture

Member for

9 years 4 months

Great sound, tight performance, awesome smelling booklet. They start strong with Touch of Grey and New Minglewood Blues, but I quickly lose interest on Mississippi Half Step, once the Brent starts singing. It just never gets tolerable for me guys, sorry to say. Cassidy aint too hot either. From there on, 7/12 is kinda slow, I get those remarks. Friend of the Devil, more of the same with the backup vocals and midi nonsense. But there are great versions of other songs throughout the set. Throwing Stones has that awesome insrumental jam in the middle. Great Jerry on Eyes of the World (and great Phil too, and great Brent synths). Probably my favorite 80s version of this one. Dig the Lovelight. I can't not buy a Dead set, and some of these will go into my 80s / 90s mix, but largely underwhelming as a whole. I do like Jerry and Phil's performance a lot, and I really like when Bent is in "sustained synth mode", adding smooth texture and atmosphere, as opposed to zippy "synth-piano" fills. The Hammond is nice, but I prefer Pig's "sparse" playing style, as one of you fine people described it the other day.
user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

Did you get the sweepstakes winning, soaked in Kush Oil, linter notes made from Owsley blotter paper special edition? Mine smelled.. like a CD. I think this is a fine release. Honestly I have not finished a full listen, but the Lay Me Down Let it Grow is enough to at the very least not call this a failure. ...and really, hat's off to the care that went in to making it sound as good as it possibly could. This is really important.. they seem to not get a second chance on re-mastering.. once it's done, it's done, so do a great job on the first try, which they did here. If there's something to learn from this release it's that Senor Norman can do a fine job if only we don't give him 30 shows to master in like 31 1/2 days or something. Plus.. it keeps the price tag a shy under $700. These two, three, four and five show mini boxes are the way to go. A big plus for allowing them to fit on our CD shelves. Easy on the wallet, closet space and they just seem to sound better then monster efforts.. how about two or three mini box sets a year instead of a cardiac inducing monster box every year? Those with significant others would greatly appreciate it.
user picture

Member for

9 years 4 months

You don't love the smell of the fresh booklets and new CD packages? It's like the xerox copies from high school. No, not at all a failure, quite the opposite. Will sell out eventually, and I believe a little more than 2/3 sold already has got to be enough to turn a profit.
user picture

Member for

15 years 1 month

I had the 89 show at Philly with 3 CDs and DVD. That was a great show. They did a lot of videos in 89,What I don't get is why the Dead were not really even in the ballpark of popularity compared with like the Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin. I mean they did very well with their fanbase, They had a large set of material, They had 1 hit song, but musically they were more talented and played very well together, but it seems without Jerry Garcia, they dropped down a lot. Jerry was something special, even playing on a lot of opiates. I mean they didn't even consider going on without him. The group now sounds really pretty good, and they look like they are enjoying it ,I don't think I would enjoy a show now. But at least we have access to tons of their past shows. I would love to see them release the RFK stadium weekend from 73. I went to Saturday where the Dead played the afternoon and the Allman Brothers at night . It was a grate day!
user picture

Member for

16 years

Everybody polka!!! Hey there rockers, rollers, lovers, and others……….. The first of the wonderful three Fall 1971 Texas shows: https://archive.org/details/gd71-11-12.sbd.clugston.4759.sbeok.shnf Or, if you prefer the Millerized version of Set 2: https://archive.org/details/gd1971-11-12.sbd-set2.miller.14916.sbeok.sh… In either case, the Live/Dead groupmindmusicmelt running like a well oiled machine, fantastic recovery from the Atlanta fiasco. If 11/11 was a bad acid trip, 11/12 is the mellow mushroom rebound. Some new things, some oldies, cowboy tunes, rockers, Black Peter (love me those 71 Black Peters!), and a mammoth Other One. What’s not to like about this fine fine show? Looking forward to my possible upcoming sabbatical, perhaps more later……………….. Rock around the clock, Doc Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present……….
user picture

Member for

13 years 1 month

That "Formerly the Warlocks" box sounds really bad to me. They let someone other than Jeff Norman mix it, and why? If you ever wonder why digital sound gets a bad rap, listen to that. I can't even. Why no video on this new box?
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

....big man come and asks him why? This set has a Man Smart, Women Are Smarter for the ages. Never thought I would say that, but yet, here I am, saying it. Dueling keyboards anyone?....
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/rfk-stadium-1989.html