• 1,689 replies
    admin
    jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
    •144-page paperback book with essays by Nicholas G. Meriwether and Blair Jackson
    •A portfolio with three art prints by Jessica Dessner
    • Replica ticket stubs and backstage passes for all eight shows
    •8 complete shows on 23 discs
          •3/14/90 Capital Centre, Landover, MD
          •3/18/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
          •3/21/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario
          •3/25/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
          •3/28/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
          •3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (featuring Branford Marsalis)
          •4/1/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
          •4/3/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
    Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John Cutler
    Mixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios
    Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
    Original Art by Jessica Dessner
    Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Announcing Spring 1990 (The Other One)

"If every concert tells a tale, then every tour writes an epic. Spring 1990 felt that way: an epic with more than its share of genius and drama, brilliance and tension. And that is why the rest of the music of that tour deserves this release, why the rest of those stories need to be heard." - Nicholas G. Meriwether

Some consider Spring 1990 the last great Grateful Dead tour. That it may be. In spite of outside difficulties and downsides, nothing could deter the Grateful Dead from crafting lightness from darkness. They were overwhelmingly triumphant in doing what they came to do, what they did best — forging powerful explorations in music. Yes, it was the music that would propel their legacy further, young fans joining the ranks with veteran Dead Heads, Jerry wondering "where do they keep coming from?" — a sentiment that still rings true today, a sentiment that offers up another opportunity for an exceptional release from a tour that serves as transcendental chapter in the Grateful Dead masterpiece.

With Spring 1990 (The Other One), you'll have the chance to explore another eight complete shows from this chapter, the band elevating their game to deliver inspired performances of concert staples (“Tennessee Jed” and “Sugar Magnolia”), exceptional covers (Dylan’s “When I Paint My Masterpiece” and the band’s last performance of the Beatles’ “Revolution”) and rare gems (the first “Loose Lucy” in 16 years) as well as many songs from Built To Last, which had been released the previous fall and would become the Dead’s final studio album. Also among the eight is one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March, 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Branford Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.”

For those of you who are keeping track, this release also marks a significant milestone as now, across the two Spring 1990 boxed sets, Dozin At The Knick, and Terrapin Limited, the entire spring tour of 1990 has been officially released, making it only the second Grateful Dead tour, after Europe 1972, to have that honor.

Now shipping, you'll want to order your copy soon as these beautiful boxes are going, going, gone...

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • wjonjd
    Default Avatar
    Unkle Sam - Obviously, people know what they like, and I prefer the sound of LP's myself. But science, the same science that allows radio waves to be transmitted and received (and analyzed) and developed the LP in the first place, confirms that you are making the logical mistake of going from "this sounds better to me" to "this has all the music and is closer to the original compared to the other", when simple sound alaysis equipment verifies that the exact opposite is true. Many theories exist for why many people prefer LP with the most common being that the "warmth" comes from the inevitable distortion caused by physical contact and the always imperfect nature of never flat physical media, never perfect needle, never zero pressure on the tone arm, never perfectly consistent rotation speed, etc., all adding up to significant distortion from the original recorded sound. In addition, you actually SEE on analysis equipment the drastically reduced dynamic range on the LP. This compressed dynamic range isn't even an accident - it's applied purposely prior to the cutting of the master LP's because the physical medium is incapable of storing more than 60db of dynamic range (compared to over 96db on CD and over 120db in a HD file) so the volume range of the recording has been altered to "smush" together the softest and loudest sounds so the entire range can fit properly in the grooves of an LP. In other words, the LP is far less like the original recorded sound being placed on it than the results of even standard 16/44.1 digital. No one disuptes that LP sounds better to many (myself included). But, how does one respond to a belief that your preference means that the LP contains a more accurate representation of the original (as opposed to one you simply like better), when this is demonstrably the opposite of the truth? How about your belief that a lot of low and high frequencies are in the LP that are lost to digital?? Again, not only is that demonstrably false, but when the LP is made they remove all ultrasonics (frequencies above 20khz) to avoid overheating the cutting equipment. Analysis equipment shows that frequencies exist on the final LP well over 22khz, but since they weren't in the music actually transferred it is clear that they are "errors" or "noise", although inaudible because it's above your hearing range. You can also clearly see that the CD contains the full range of audible frequencies in the original sound recorded, and when you pass, say, an analog tape recording through analysis software and then a CD made from it through the same software you can SEE that all the low and high frequencies on the original tape are right where they're supposed to be on the CD. The "warmth" you hear in the LP is coming from the opposite of what you are stating - it's not because it has "all" the music (it doesn't) or because it is closer to the original recording being transferred (it isn't). Clearly, whatever the "defects" are in the LP medium are perceived pleasurably by many (including me). When you refer to "a light reading 0's and 1's" it reminds me of original arguments engineers in germany faced when they were developing magnetic tape. Magnetic tape is also used as an analog medium, but can achieve similar or better signal to noise ratios and without the dynamic range compression required on LP's. But, original detractors would write things like "there's no way little magnetized particles can possibly sound as good as the lacquer recordings we currently have", and this was in the 40's when records were '78 and nowhere near current fidelity. The complete lack of understanding of how those "magnetized particles" work (although if they were interested they could have learned about how they really work) and how they are used to reproduce sound leads to a disbelief that this newfangled technology can be as good as the technology they DO understand. Those little 1's and 0's are capable of reproducing any sound, ANY SOUND, even ones way below and way higher than we can hear, as well as encode sound quieter and louder than we can hear (although we don't always have playback equipment capable of playing back these recordings), so any deficiency would be in the method of creating the correct sequence of 1's and 0's. But, your statement implies a lack of belief in the actual ABILITY of light reading 1's and 0's to reproduce sound as well, let alone the reality that they have the ability to (and currently do) reproduce the original sound waves with far GREATER accuracy than any analog medium. That in no way invalidates your preference (or mine) for LP. But that preference does not necessitate or justify the propagation of demonstrably false beliefs about either analog or digital sound recording.
  • unkle sam
    I'm old school but I can most definitely hear the difference in my old analog lp's over any digital recording. There is no way, in my opinion and thru my ears, that a light reading 0's and 1's can possibly reproduce the same rich, warm feeling and sound coming from a vinyl recording. Nothing beats the needle in the groove. I have tried this experiment in the past, even comparing a first press lp to a MFSL gold cd, there is no comparison, the vinyl sounds better, there are a lot of very low frequencies and high frequencies that are lost in the transfer. The cost of vinyl is more, but it is worth it if you like to listen to "all" the music. When I'm just using music as background, the digital is ok, but when I want to really listen to the music, it's analog all the way.
  • wjonjd
    Default Avatar
    Hi OneMan,I do realize you're NOT ignoring anything, and I DO appreciate the lengths to which you are going to investigate this. Please let me know if/when you get additional feedback from other sources. Thanks OneMan.
  • snafu
    Default Avatar
    You make an excellent point about Neil and how many people have reacted to him over the years due to personality and I would add his willingness to go his own way no matter what people think. I would add the point that geniuses are rarely nice people. 2 others I can think of in the music field are Dylan and Zappa. All 3 go their own ways and it takes time for many to catch up. But those that do are I think amply rewarded. For my money Zappa is highest on the scale that would be musically and following my reasoning being the biggest a$£#%^e at times. I don't need to be buddies with my musical heroes I just want to love the music. As to the specific item under discussion. .. Neil ' s Pono in this case I think he is unrealistic but hey even genius isn't right all the time. Hell if I play Zappa for someone I have to be careful especially with the live stuff. He can be beyond crude especially about women at times. That said to those who won't listen to him because of that, they are missing out on some of the best music of the 20th century
  • wjonjd
    Default Avatar
    Your last suggestion - I would be VERY interested in the outcome of such a test. I would no longer be able to be a participant in such a test (at this point in my life, anything in my subconscious is STAYING THERE.). But, that would be a very interesting test ;). I used to, and maybe still do, subscribe to the belief in vast and undiscovered powers of the human mind which psychedelics tap into. It actually wouldn't surprise me either way.
  • One Man
    I'm sure I can't hear the difference. I'm not sure no one can. I'm not ignoring anything -- I'm actively participating. There is another side to this that I want to explore (and NOT ignore). I'm not convinced there is absolutely nothing to the claim that 24 bit has merit. I may come to believe that eventually, and Jon you certainly have done more than your share to try to push me in that direction. But it ain't over for me yet. I know several people in the pro recording world and I want to hear what they have to say. Other 24 bit proponents may have evidence or counterarguments I have not heard. And I want to test some other listeners here at home. I'm not advocating this, but maybe a listener high on hallucinogens would have a different perspective.
  • wjonjd
    Default Avatar
    Thanks for taking the time to test using meticulous methodology, and reporting back results whichever way it went. Obviously, I'm still confused by the statement "I still believe it is possible for younger, less damaged ears to distinguish the difference." That's why understanding the science behind this is so important. What would younger less damaged ears have that would enable them to distinguish the difference more readily? An ability to hear frequencies over the 22khz that 44.1khz digital audio files already encode perfectly without encoding frequencies above that? Not unless they're infants. An ability to distinguish gradations of volume more finely than 65,536 gradations of amplitude? LP's, because of required dynamic compression, and analog tape because of inherent tape hiss causing a much higher noise floor, already have far less dynamic range than a 16-bit digital audio file. In other words, exactly what do you think is in files that use more than 16-bits and and higher sampling frequency than 44,100 times per second, that these younger less damaged ears would pick up??? When choosing the original CD standard, they specifically looked to the science to determine the minimum specs required to reproduce audio at the frequency and dynamic range limits that completely covers the abilities of human hearing (see my caveat about dynamic range below). Going beyond this was a waste of precious space (at the time), while not going this far would not provide maximum audio quality. No one disputed the usefulness of recording at higher bit rates and sampling frequencies for the purposes of digital manipulation of audio files, which was already standard. Again, what is it in 24-bit files or 96mhz or 192mhz files that you think younger ears could hear that is not completely contained in 16-bit 44.1mhz files? That's what I'm not getting. What is the difference between ignoring what the science says about how this works, and the assumptions made by people who don't understand the logical fallacy in stating that since flac is better than MP3, hi-res flac must be even better? Edit - it is possible someone will point out that my statement that 16-bits can encode the same dynamic range as the dynamic range capabilities of human hearing, is not strictly accurate. But, the point is moot, as no recording of music requires the full range. As stated, 16 bits already covers FAR more dyanamic range than LP OR analog magnetic tape. If you tried to record the sound of a slight breeze juxtaposed against the sound of a cannon with a microphone in the barrel, 16-bits would fall slightly short. BUT, of course this is NOT the argument hi-res proponents espouse. They refer to the actual music that people listen to every day, from jazz to hip hop to rock to whatever. It is recordings of THAT they believe derives some benefit, and the dynamic range of all of those are more than contained in 16-bits (way more than). So, for all practical purposes, the dynamic range issue is moot. Additionally, it's ironic that many of the proponents of hi res are also analog aficionados, where the dynamic range is TRULY impaired. Not all of them, of course. There are many lovers of analog who are also aware of its limitations and distortions, and are aware that digital audio is a more accurate and clear reproduction of the original sounds that were recorded; it is the specific and unique nature of the sound of the analog media themselves we have developed a love for.
  • floridabobaloo
    I once tried a similar test.My friends all drank Bud. So I bought some Bud and some Busch, and did the Pepsi challenge so to say. To my surprise, the majority picked the Busch and said they were sure it was the Bud! The lesson we learned? Buy Busch when playing quarters! But now I will spring for the good booze, cause Everybody can tell, and the headaches arnt worth it Glad with my iPod, I remain.......Bobaloo
  • One Man
    So this morning I transferred the studio version of "Candyman" from a previously-unplayed vinyl LP copy of American Beauty to two digital files -- one in 24 bit/96k and one in 16 bit/44.1. The levels for both were precisely the same (I didn't even touch any of the input controls other than switching file formats) and I trimmed the top of each file so the audio wave started at the same time. Of course, I cheated while doing this and listened to parts of each file. I thought man, this is going to be easy. The 24/96 file sounded so airy on top and rich and clear throughout, and the 16/44.1 not so much. Then I talked my wife into playing the first verse and chorus of each file randomly, using a random number generator to decide which one to play. We repeated the test 25 times, listening first on studio monitors, then on one pair of headphones, then another. I correctly identified the file format less than half the time. Sometimes I felt sure I had it right but this was not an indicator of success. I failed. I cannot hear the difference. This is not to say no one can. I still believe it is possible for younger, less damaged ears to distinguish the difference. I will try it on some other folks when they visit. But I won't be buying a PONO, since my iPhone plays lossless files and they sound great. I'm still rooting for old Neil, but he has some 'splaining to do. Interesting sidebar -- I discovered some audio feedback in the intro of the song I'd never noticed before, along with an unintelligible human voice shouting something. These were plenty audible on both file formats.
  • TheeAmazingAce333
    i'm personally not hip to this kinda stuff, but a good friend & fellow Head showed me the list of nominees for Best Limited Edition Boxset (or something like that) & THIS BOXSET WAS ON THE LIST, so again, CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS HAPPEN, ON THE GRAMMY NOMINATION!!! ♤
user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month
jq171(document).ready(function (jq171) { var covertArtDownloadMarkup = 'Looking for the digital cover art? You can download it here.'; setTimeout(function() { jq171('#digital_cart').append(covertArtDownloadMarkup); }, 500); });

What's Inside:
•144-page paperback book with essays by Nicholas G. Meriwether and Blair Jackson
•A portfolio with three art prints by Jessica Dessner
• Replica ticket stubs and backstage passes for all eight shows
•8 complete shows on 23 discs
      •3/14/90 Capital Centre, Landover, MD
      •3/18/90 Civic Center, Hartford, CT
      •3/21/90 Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario
      •3/25/90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY
      •3/28/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY
      •3/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY (featuring Branford Marsalis)
      •4/1/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
      •4/3/90 The Omni, Atlanta, GA
Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John Cutler
Mixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios
Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
Original Art by Jessica Dessner
Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 9,000

Announcing Spring 1990 (The Other One)

"If every concert tells a tale, then every tour writes an epic. Spring 1990 felt that way: an epic with more than its share of genius and drama, brilliance and tension. And that is why the rest of the music of that tour deserves this release, why the rest of those stories need to be heard." - Nicholas G. Meriwether

Some consider Spring 1990 the last great Grateful Dead tour. That it may be. In spite of outside difficulties and downsides, nothing could deter the Grateful Dead from crafting lightness from darkness. They were overwhelmingly triumphant in doing what they came to do, what they did best — forging powerful explorations in music. Yes, it was the music that would propel their legacy further, young fans joining the ranks with veteran Dead Heads, Jerry wondering "where do they keep coming from?" — a sentiment that still rings true today, a sentiment that offers up another opportunity for an exceptional release from a tour that serves as transcendental chapter in the Grateful Dead masterpiece.

With Spring 1990 (The Other One), you'll have the chance to explore another eight complete shows from this chapter, the band elevating their game to deliver inspired performances of concert staples (“Tennessee Jed” and “Sugar Magnolia”), exceptional covers (Dylan’s “When I Paint My Masterpiece” and the band’s last performance of the Beatles’ “Revolution”) and rare gems (the first “Loose Lucy” in 16 years) as well as many songs from Built To Last, which had been released the previous fall and would become the Dead’s final studio album. Also among the eight is one of the most sought-after shows in the Dead canon: the March, 29, 1990 show at Nassau Coliseum, where Grammy®-winning saxophonist Branford Marsalis sat in with the group. The entire second set is one continuous highlight, especially the breathtaking version of “Dark Star.”

For those of you who are keeping track, this release also marks a significant milestone as now, across the two Spring 1990 boxed sets, Dozin At The Knick, and Terrapin Limited, the entire spring tour of 1990 has been officially released, making it only the second Grateful Dead tour, after Europe 1972, to have that honor.

Now shipping, you'll want to order your copy soon as these beautiful boxes are going, going, gone...

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Got my order in.awesome.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

I hope it sounds better than the first box. If I take the plunge send me copy #1990 or #9000 , I always wondered who gets those ?
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

This is going to be nice. The music will play. I'm happy with this release, I'm sure it will sound awesome. I am surprised that another 1990 was released so soon. Deadheads were talking about the 80's so much that I believed it would be 80's. I'm sure some heads will be disappointed. i'm always glad just to get anything. 24 year old shows will entertaining for sure. I passed on the print, it's nice but just not for me. I bet it sales out in a few weeks at the most, 9000 copies is not really that many. Looking for hints on DP11. Peace
user picture

Member for

12 years

I like the Brandford show.....but I have a copy. As a 70's fan, will I listen to the rest enough to warrant buying this? Need some honest advice from the 80's and 90's guys (or the 70's guys) to help me make up my mind. I'm asking VERY sincerely and NOT trying to start up an ugly war of words! Just want HONEST feedback please. Peace.
user picture

Member for

13 years 3 months

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

Recorded by long-time Grateful Dead audio engineer John CutlerMixed from the master 24-track analog tapes by Jeffrey Norman at Bob Weir's TRI Studios Mastered to HDCD specs by David Glasser
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 7 months

If you have the first box, I would say that's all you need. With the exception of 3/29/90, the better shows are on there. If you missed the first one, you might want to look into getting this one. The shows are well-played, but lack the power of the 6 from the first box.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

.....nice to see you. Nice release BTW....Hopefully Spacebro will be pleased, but probably not...
user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

$240 for 3-29-90 and the other shows that aren't as good as the first box? C'mon now...
user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

Before I met a wonderful woman and got married and had a wonderful child I could have afforded this! I had to pass on the first Spring90 box and have to pass on this one too. The only show I knew I loved on the first box was 3/22, but this has two I love: 3/25 and (of course) 3/29! Sob...I desperately hope that in a year or so GDM will issue the Spring90 shows individually like they did with the E72 shows. I will jump on about half of them! Ooooh I want this!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

I'm in the same place. Got & love the BM show & really like the 80's & 90's too. This is kinda steep for me at the moment but will see if I can dig up the cash. Always dug Myland & the Drums & Space from this era so most likely........Good luck & good rocking! Ken
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

a whopping € 41, sigh... I guess a completist's gotta do what a completist's gotta do, even if it means skipping eating out for a month. Anyway, apart from the 3/29 Marsalis set there is enough to savour. It may not be the years Spacebrother wants released, but at least the later years are not ignored. @Thursday's child: I'm basically a pre-hiatus fan, but especially if you missed out on 1990/the first one, you'll need this. Great playing, Brent & Jerry in top shape, some nice rearrangements (Death don't have no mercy, Loose Lucy) and, as far as I'm concerned, nice warm sound. It works whether you play it loudly or just as background music. Now for some October/November 72 or some 67 or some 70?
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....price is right. I'm probably on board. I too enjoy the Drumz/Space from this era....
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

Just purchase the 3/29 show by itself. Save the remainder of your money or pick up a few road trip shows from the 70s. Easy decision.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

looks like the branford show will be a sep. release (check rollingstone, amazon pre-orders, etc.)
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

My sincere appreciation to TPTB for releasing the Branford show on it's own. The box looks fantastic but with a wife and two busy teenagers I just can't afford the big bucks on a 1990 release. I would LOVE to buy a couple of these shows a la carte, much the way the Europe '72 shows have been offered.Personally, I'd like to see more boxes in the $100 range but that's not meant to be a complaint, just input. There's a ton of great music in this box and cheers to those of you placing your orders; I'm getting a bit of a vicarious thrill knowing how much you will all enjoy it!
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

....but at $30 a show its quite pricy. i guess we're getting a keith show for dave's picks 11. : (
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

I think on this one the quality of the recordings made this the reason for the box. I would much rather see a lot of other spring tours (such as 76) but the recording quality and vault availability are probably challenges. If you love this era, then congratulations and enjoy! I got the first box (no regrets) but I'd be lying if I said it gets a lot of rotation on my IPOD.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 7 months

We were making DATs and Minidisc not T6 on this tour. Of course I will order and continue to wonder why Barton Hall is held Ransom when things go out at about $270,000 for the remaster and boxing per show. Anyways back to work on West High 6/21.
user picture

Member for

10 years 3 months

Could not agree with you more, well put... also two teenagers, one going into his sophomore year at college... $100.00 would be more manageable... but, nice box nonetheless "Thank You My sincere appreciation to TPTB for releasing the Branford show on it's own. The box looks fantastic but with a wife and two busy teenagers I just can't afford the big bucks on a 1990 release. I would LOVE to buy a couple of these shows a la carte, much the way the Europe '72 shows have been offered. Personally, I'd like to see more boxes in the $100 range but that's not meant to be a complaint, just input."
user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

Will these be released on digital or CD only? A lot of us don't use CDs.
user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

"My sincere appreciation to TPTB for releasing the Branford show on it's own. The box looks fantastic but ... I just can't afford the big bucks... I would LOVE to buy a couple of these shows a la carte, much the way the Europe '72 shows have been offered.Personally, I'd like to see more boxes in the $100 range but that's not meant to be a complaint, just input." Thank you RDevil, that comment was just exactly perfect!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Shipping to the Netherlands is $41.99 (not €41.99). This works out to €30.88 at the current exchange rate. The $239.98 for the box itself is €176.51. Box + shipping together is €207.39.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

Wow, $239.98, ok roughly $10 a disc, not bad, $14.95 for shipping? Really? $22.94 for sales tax? $277.87, man. How to come up with the fund to pay the credit card bill now, how much is blood going for these days? Can't wait, love this tour, these are all solid shows with lots of highlights. And Branford, ooh yeah!
user picture

Member for

16 years 5 months

I have the first two years of Dave's Picks sealed with the bonus discs for anyone who might want to exchange a copy of this for those. PM me if interested.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

Just when I had convinced myself I didn't need anymore GD box sets I go and press buy!! Hefty postage tho' at $41.99!!! Ouch!!
user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

Click on the RollingStone link and read the article.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

I'd love to see them go back to more reasonably priced box sets. Not that I don't love these massive sets, but even a music only edition without all the boxes and trinkets (never look at 'em twice!) for us poorer folk would be nice.
user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

now for all the people who complain about the Dave's Picks all being from the 70's..."settle down easy" (~);}
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 1 month

Mixed from the 24-track tapes to full Normanized Glory. Thank You. Thank You.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Don't forget that the customs will also take their cut before it gets to you. Ouch again!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

....Where the hell have you been? Thought you were Dead. (Head)....
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

@Simonrob: I stand corrected. It did not deter me from ordering it anyway. But at € 26/show plus book (plus the box & ticket stubs that I do not really need), it works out OK I guess.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

Coworker of mine is ordering the box, shipping price jumped $10 for each delivery option. Weird!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

Already thought of that probably another £34 ($58) OUCH again but what's a guy gonna do. Once you start collecting/listening to these things when do you stop.What if the best show/song I've aver heard is out there and I just haven't actually heard it yet!!!
user picture

Member for

11 years 8 months

Confirm order Check. My wife's gonna kill me oh well got till September to cool her down.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

:0)
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Saved me a lot of money. I push "buy" on almost everything here but not 250$ for more 90's shows. Dodged a bullet.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

Blood isn't bringing much these days... you might want to consider selling an organ or two....!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I love all Dead eras, with my favorite probably being the pre-hiatus time along with '77.But I could not pull the trigger on this fast enough! I loved the first '90 box and I am sure I will love this one also. To me, this is the last great tour and I cannot have too much of that. Order soon as it will disappear quickly I suspect. Rock on
user picture

Member for

11 years 11 months

Just what we need: another over-packaged behemoth. Seriously kids, just give us the music at a lower price and we'd still be happy. Does anybody really spend time fondling their "replica ticket stubs and backstage passes" while listening to 'Loser' from 3/24/90? (And I don't want to know if you do ...). I picked up the first one and truth be told, ditched the actual box once the discs found their new home on my shelf. As for the ephemera, it's out there . . . somewhere.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

My first thought was, "oh, shit. My wife will kill me, but I have to get 3/29." Then I saw that it's available by itself. Thanks to TPTB for having the vision to put that out by itself.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

this is great!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

While Spring 1990 is great GD, I think that the GD legacy would be better served by a box set from an altogether different time period. Having said that, I'll still enjoy it. How long did it take the first Spring 90 box to sell out in? $$$ are tight at the moment.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 1 month

According to the Rolling Stone article, an HD Download option will be available the same time as the official release date. Thanks for the tip Bolo.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

check your PM and email me back at my address
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Check you PM and email me back at my address.(Sorry about the incorrect post earlier) I need to slow down! Too excited right now!
product sku