- May 16, 2023 - 1:47amMargateDeadHeadJoined:October 9, 2022To Bobby, I Pray
Thank you for turning a long term frown into a smile! I have loved you since I touched your foot at the Garden Pier in AC & I am so happy you found the beautiful love of your life, your lovely children & that you got to got to have such a wonderful family. And I’m also very happy that you were able to meet and fill the great relationship with your biological father, something we were never allowed to do because that was a bad man within my mother died while I was in college, both of them very young and unexpectedly so many different. I hope you don’t mind, but I need to see if you have a source that could help me both my husband and I were born with congenital birth defect, mine left me permanently, disabled at only 34. Then hurricane Sandy was it a direct hit to us as a full strength, hurricane, and we were not allowed to live in our home for eight years a week after that we were diagnosed with hereditary autoimmune diseases and our doctors this time absolutely forbid us from going back to work outside the home as we have no immune system. For the last 14 years, we’ve both been struggling very hard at our small office assistance or badly struggling due to all this. We are in foreclosure on our home. I am not writing this to ask you for a handout but just for source or sources. I have an idea about a book card like to write about the Grateful Dead and I need someone who can help me find the sources and even corroborate Either as a co-author or anything that they would like to be called. I hope and pray you see this message and you can point me in the right direction so we don’t lose our home that my husband spent eight years in his blood. Sweat and tears rebuilding because that would devastate us both. Thank you Bobby and God bless you and your beautiful family.
- March 20, 2023 - 10:38ammaryeJoined:May 26, 2007Annotated Lyrics, page 106The manuscript version of the song includes these lines: Why wait in the dark for dawn / (while) when the sun's still going down?/ Maybe I'll dust off your chair/ If you say you're comin' 'round... There's more. Thanks, Wahrlock, and it's never a bad day to dive into the annotated lyrics...
- March 20, 2023 - 9:31ammaryeJoined:May 26, 2007InterestingI would see what the Grateful Dead Annotated Lyrics had to say on the subject.
- March 18, 2023 - 5:34pmWahrlock '65Joined:March 18, 2023Uncle John's Band (additional verses)
Many years ago I found 2 more verses and a bridge/chorus(?) posted online for Uncle John's Band. The source was alleged to be an acoustic set Jerry did at a small club (The Matrix?).
One verse starts with: "Why wait in the dark for dawn when the sun's still going down?"
Another starts with: "Would you carry me uphill, back the way I carried you?"
I don't want to post the full verses since I can't vouch for their authenticity.
Has anyone ever heard recordings of these verses? Any more info on them?
- March 2, 2023 - 2:39pmmaryeJoined:May 26, 2007MushroomSend me a PM about this with the details and I'll see if I can find the right person.
- March 2, 2023 - 5:05ammushroomhunterJoined:February 11, 2015getting permission for the title and cover of my book about GD
Hello, I'm sorry if this is off your topic but maybe you can help. I have written a nice book about the music from the early Brent Mydland years of the Grateful Dead, about 400 pages. I want to get permission to use a certain image on the cover, and to use a certain lyric for the title. Do you happen to know who I should be in touch with about this project? Thanks! --Ryan Bouchard
- February 10, 2023 - 9:41ammaryeJoined:May 26, 2007Arafelsend me a PM with the details and I'll see if I can find someone to straighten this out. So sorry for the trouble.
- February 9, 2023 - 1:30pmArafelJoined:February 9, 2023I'd like to know why the…
I'd like to know why the support for the store is MIA. Has anyone else had this issue? I purchased the American Beauty 50th so I could have the 2/18/71 show. The FLAC download has a corrupted cutoff GDTRFB and it's missing the NFA Pt. 2 and Uncle John's. I've reached out to support but they are MIA. Any ideas how to get ahold of them?
- January 19, 2023 - 8:40ammaryeJoined:May 26, 2007aha, wilfred to the rescuethanks!
- January 18, 2023 - 1:41pmwilfredtjonesJoined:June 4, 2007mark as attended
It's there on the show page. Search on Deer Creek in top right. Make sure you are logged in and you can mark as attended there.
Hoping helping... :-) :-) :-)