- Post reply Log in to post commentsJuly 4, 2007 - 8:16am726 repliesmaryeJoined:May 26, 2007Gather here and tell us your stories! And thanks to TigerLilly for the suggestion!
- April 23, 2023 - 3:47pmDaPhilshJoined:April 23, 2023Hi from Madrid
deadhead living in Madrid.
You can contact me at email@example.com
keep on truckin'
- January 30, 2023 - 9:12amOneDayStudioJoined:January 30, 2023One Day Studio
Are you come in Croatia?
- November 24, 2022 - 2:31amflospo.nlJoined:August 14, 2022Deadly Grateful performing Utrecht Netherlands
Deadly Grateful will perform coming Sat.Nov.26th at 't Oude Pot Huys in Utrecht 11pm-2am. We are with new additional members (now we have and Bobby and a Jerry :-) and new songs for y'all. Its rare that we conjure up gigs in the Low Lands so pls don't miss it and tell your Dheadish friends! Out in the Cold Rain or Snow the show must go on !!! (the Dead brought me to Europe, now we bring the Dead to Europe! ) Feels Like a Family Reunion...
- September 25, 2022 - 2:38amCalJoined:December 30, 2021I'm American living in…
I'm American living in Germany a deadhead for 45 years I want to connect with other dead brothers and sisters but don't FB.
Can I connect another way?
- September 25, 2022 - 2:33amCalJoined:December 30, 2021Concerts in Europe (Germany Preferred)
I hope to see dead n co in Europe on their final tour..
Any news to sway the freespirit our way?
In Germany now but US native been a deadhead now for 45 years.
- August 24, 2022 - 7:28pmIdkwhatimgoin4Joined:August 24, 2022Salve!
Benvenuti Nostre amici Italiani. Mi amo Italia assai.
Penso che più italiani vorrebbero i Grateful Dead se le canzoni potessero essere tradotte.
C'varimm ’o guaglione.
- August 19, 2022 - 4:00amSTASHJoined:June 29, 2007Bands and scene in Europe
Oh wow, I was not here for quite a while... But got a hint with the current GD Bulletin and I love to connect, so here we go.
There is a small but fine GD and jamband scene in Europe. I'm living in Hamburg/Germany, so I'm going to start here.
The activities of the German deadhead scene can be followed on germanheads webpage and on Facebook.
With the PITB festival in Plauen end of May there is an annual gathering and followed by a Summer Special in Schneidenbach, both in Saxonia.
This year in June was the start of another annual festival in Frankonia: Jamkraut headed by local jamband Mars Mushrooms. Oh man, what a mind-blowing event with a set of a new formed collaboration called Dead Mushrooms. Check out the jamkraut website, find it on Facebook and listen on LMA under Mars Mushrooms.
In Switzerland you'll find some Dead bands (Aoxotoxoa for example) and several live opportunities including festivals.
In UK there are several bands, too. The Grateful Dudes play regularly and the SoL festival just took place last weekend. Check out the relevant Facebook groups like "U.K Deadheads & Fans of Dead EVERYWHERE !!!" and others.
Ah, Barcelona...? Check out Aaron Feder and his band The Burning Shore, the play regularly.
In France I don't know but I spend my summer vacation every year at the beach close to Nantes. So FRUBES, where are you located?
American jambands do not visit us anymore or at least pretty seldom. I've seen DSO in 2007 over here and I got tickets for three shows in September. What a thrill!
Similar with Billy Strings in December, yeah!
Unfortunately, the Jam in the Dam festival in Amsterdam was happening only a few times with several bands coming over to Europe for some tours the following years. Oh well, sweet times with Phish, WSP, moe., SCI, DSO, Disco Biscuits, ekoostik hookah, UM...
All the best, Frank
- August 16, 2022 - 1:55pmlindadhJoined:August 16, 2022Dead Heads in NL
There is an instagram page for dutch dead heads! It's called deadheadsnl and there is also a whatsapp group chat where we share updates and stories!
- August 14, 2022 - 5:19amflospo.nlJoined:August 14, 2022Deadly Grateful
Hey Dutch Jack straw.
Haven’t had a chance to check them out yet, as they havent done shows. I do though know that some of the musicians play in Utrecht weekly.
But hey, Billy Strings in December is a wonderful alternative this year!!! Or check out Dark star orchestra touring europe this summer/fall
- August 14, 2022 - 5:13amflospo.nlJoined:August 14, 2022Dead Heads in Nederland
Not very known in the Netherlands I found out. I guess NL has embraced electronic music too much.
But there are some heads here for sure. There is even a cover band called Deadly Grateful. Havent been able to check them out as they dont play often… check out on facebook.
Funny thing 8s that H&M was selling GD shirts,mand see some youngster walking around with shirts and have no idea what it is..
I am a dutchie and have sen my share of shows, and still after 35 years cant get enough