- January 2, 2021 - 6:04amMohitvermaji51Joined:December 30, 2020thank
thank for that :)
- August 16, 2020 - 5:59amfree idea 72Joined:August 16, 2020From touch to touch
Each moment individual separate, never touching.
A space, a breath, three sneezes, and a bless you.
Pristinely rough, the challenge is that
Nothing ever happens.
Free and clear, nothing touches you,
Nothings touching me.
In golden light fading, we watch
Our faces becoming drawn,
Revealing parents and lizards and tigers inside.
The heart is like cement.
Oh so easy to get harder and harder,
Until the only solution is to
Take a sledgehammer to it,
And smithereen it back into tenderness.
Ive missed being here, its good being back,
Although being forced back into the
Digi world was unwelcome, here I is back in it.
Lots of love, be strong and upright for the people
Around you to be supported by.
- June 24, 2019 - 1:13pmmhammond12Joined:September 15, 2009Thanks for that. Really hit…
Thanks for that. Really hit home with a lot of stuff I've been going through. Now pass the Kleenex box please.
- June 21, 2019 - 11:38amslo lettuceJoined:July 20, 2012Dear Dennis
Made me cry like a baby too. Beautifully written life experience.
And Congratulations on your 40 yrs with your loved one! That's no small feat.
- June 21, 2019 - 6:47amDennisJoined:November 1, 2012Slo Lettuce - Bangin' Away
Hey Man, kiss off. First thing in the morning, not even a cup of coffee in me and now you got me crying like a baby. I don't need this.
Thanks, that was really nice. Very true. This September will mark 40 years with my wife. Talk about a long strange trip :-)
- June 20, 2019 - 5:14pmslo lettuceJoined:July 20, 2012Making Love
Not a poem, but beautiful nonetheless:
In the seventies, you and I called it "having sex" or just "doing it," and we did it wherever and whenever we could: in the shower, on an air mattress in a tent, in saggy beds in cheap motels.
Somewhere in the eighties it became making love. Our honeymoon lovemaking was the best ever: in a real bed with no one to interrupt us. We were going to do this forever. In the nineties we did it on a schedule: calendars and thermometers and keeping track. After the babies, making love meant keeping promises. It was as routine as you putting on the suit and tie and shaving every morning, and me doing laundry and having dinner on the table every night.
The babies grew up and left home.
After 2005 making love was you saying I was beautiful even though I was vomiting and bald, and my skin was gray.
In 2008 it was your turn. Sex was out of the question. Making love was me changing dressings and cleaning the drainage tubes as gently as I could.
By 2012 making love was just this:
lying beside you, our hands touching knuckle to knuckle;
smiling and crying; letting the morphine do its job;
- August 25, 2018 - 8:34amOrian DylenciaJoined:May 28, 2015A New, Clear, Holy Cause?Pompeo erupted when told to hit the road. Korea will be m*a*s*h*d if Trump unlocks and unloads.
- August 22, 2018 - 1:52pmOrian DylenciaJoined:May 28, 2015Feel For The Refugee (continued)Empathy is not pathologicalAs refugees run from the gangster’s wrath They support an aging demographical So immigration is a logical path. There’s a cost to Costa Rica When hunger hounds El Salvador Where’s the salvation for Guatemala In the clamor for our vice amor. We once beckoned with a beacon Now we behave so insecure When we grow older and weaken We will have wished more help were here. Our history has an oft whited bend As the land turns a little more brown Once natives were bled and branded red men But that’s past dark for those northern bound.
- August 16, 2018 - 3:38amOrian DylenciaJoined:May 28, 2015Women RuleSadat with Begin and Gandhi ‘fore KingNations lost foundations to peace building But harmony isn’t how we or the world sing And blood’s still gushing like hot water springs. Bet on wise women for peace to have a chance Before the puppet does his shadow dance They addressed advantaged deviants’ advances Now give them a hand so each life enhances. Denigrated and denied for far too long Women aren’t playing good old boy songs Deeming to undo what the men did wrong Because man’s fighting unless doing bongs. Today’s woman will bring this cabal to tears Sweeping in souring deals ‘til the swamp clears Fair ladies will help to rebuff four gone years With a peace from justice and the touch to fear.
- August 13, 2018 - 1:06pmDanielSpaceJoined:August 13, 2018)All true - immigrants are not the enemy.