- Post reply Log in to post commentsMarch 28, 2012 - 10:36am212 repliesmaryeJoined:May 26, 2007The latest version of our beloved freeform topic!
- December 29, 2020 - 9:23pmKate_C.Joined:September 29, 2014Randall Lard
Where art thou?
- March 27, 2020 - 7:03pmtrailbirdJoined:January 8, 2011Hi
- March 27, 2020 - 6:45pmtrailbirdJoined:January 8, 2011Love says
Roll with the changes...
- February 27, 2020 - 6:23amKate_C.Joined:September 29, 2014Cataloging Your Music Collection
I'm lazy. I've been considering this for a couple years and am ready to get serious (which is about par for the course on my action curve!). So, I sat down to Discogs this past weekend. Umm. I started with the Dead and made it through '70 before my first scream; by December '72 I was disoriented to person, place, and time. Hours later I woke in a cold sweat realizing that it would take me 6.2 years to complete my collection.
Consequently, I'd love to know what you're using. I discovered an endorsement for Collecterz on SHF, and after doing a bit of reading and watching a few video tutorials, it looks really promising - I love the UPC scanner function and the ability to ID a release by putting the disc in the player. Anyone used this, either in download or cloudbased format? If you use something else, let me hear about it: the good, bad, and ugly! Thanks/K
- September 27, 2019 - 3:25amdonaldmaxJoined:September 27, 2019Adult Behavior
I have never read this list before.it's very informative and updated list thanks for sharing
- September 25, 2019 - 3:38pmKate_C.Joined:September 29, 2014Perhaps the more enduring value of my previous post...
...would be an introduction to the "new release" thread on the IMWAN website to those who aren't familiar, which allowed me to effectively consolidate my regular internet searches for prospective new line-item debits on my credit card...
It doesn't catch everything, but it's consistently proven more comprehensive for rock-related releases than any other single source I've yet found.
Edit: anyone else been really digging Fear Inoculum since release? It was my intro to Tool and I've since scooped up the (admittedly limited) catalogue...remarkable stuff.
- September 25, 2019 - 10:50amKate_C.Joined:September 29, 2014a happy occasion: some (more) late era live
The final decade shows in 30T were its greatest surprise, as was the epic 91 show in the Giant's Stadium box; plus that download series show from Pine Knob - fantastic stuff! So this live recreation of a proposed late-career studio effort - that clearly wasn't going to happen given that it took LG's herculean effort to keep the boys focused nearly 20 yrs earlier for Terrapin - is highly anticipated in my consumer demographic of one!
- August 1, 2019 - 4:52amKate_C.Joined:September 29, 2014Meet Up Black Out
Having reported in elsewhere, Aussie viewers have stated that the box reveal isn't a universal component of the 7pm local shows worldwide. I wonder in which time zone it'll kick in?
Edit: Well that quickly became moot. What a smashing day to be a Head with an expendable $160! I note that my confirmed order hit the in-box 38 minutes before the official email announcement.
- July 25, 2019 - 9:03pmKate_C.Joined:September 29, 2014Box Set: res ipsa loquitur (perhaps?)
DV - I don't know. Later years open the possibility to multi-media releases, which apparently serve the multitude well, but I only managed half a show of the old "So Many Roads" box before shelving it … I simply can't watch my music (unless its live, of course). That said, it occurred to me that many might simply be playing DVD & Blu-ray releases through speakers w/out video; Summer & Fall '91 are sufficiently special that I'd bite and purchase a new player to shelve above my current CD & TT outfit. For ideas, I'd love to hear how people are playing audio only w/ A/V media. Lord, I've got stacks of DVDs & B-R discs purchased w/ expanded album editions that I've never touched: the Stones, the Tull reissues, et al.
Edit: Wouldn't it be grand if the PNW blueprint were used for a small-to-mid sized box that contemplated multiple years or tours circa '91? As I've said before, the single greatest personal revelation from 30T was the '91 - '95 contingent of shows; I didn't see those coming (esp. Salt Lake City...wow!).
- July 23, 2019 - 6:51pmDeadVikesJoined:October 26, 2016Kate. C Box
So, are we thinking this is going to be a 91 box? How many shows do think we will get?
Thanks for the info.