- maryeJoined:Somewhere in Signpost, I think it is (or some other interview I haven't read for 20 years), Jerry is talking about the days when he and Hunter, newly sprung from the army, were living in derelict cars in Palo Alto (it is left to the reader to contemplate the halcyon days when there were derelict cars in Palo Alto...), mostly on canned pineapple liberated from the armed forces. Many's the time I've thought how different life would be for how many people if not for those days. Anyway, this is the place for fans of Hunter to congregate, pay tribute, fantasize about tours, and otherwise be darn glad we didn't miss this guy.
What a fun idea! I can see the turtles dancing and the costumes and crazy activities going on in a dance setting!
- kameshbhai32Joined:He has made my life that…
He has made my life that much better in every way. All his songs/poems remind me of a hot/cool summer night, breezes slightly passing through the night, yet so hot, that you need to cool off so you jump right into the ocean, while steam streams out your pores and you come back to the fire only to notice that Robert already told you that
- NY 70s Dead ChickJoined:Terrapin StationAs my Dad would say, "You gotta' have Dreams"Mine is to see Robert Hunter have Terrapin Station made into a Ballet for - on Broadway (or wherever...It could have many options as for the venue) *** Picture it as a Cirque du Soleil Production...along those lines would be flippin' fantastic! I've envisioned this in great detail for many years, since it first came out. I see it when I listen to the music. I see the story as a dance, costumes, backgrounds and all. FASCINATINGLY Beautiful ! I hope I get to see it live one day. It would be just absolutely awesome. I'd LOVE to see Robert Hunter getting some recognition for ALL the amazing lyrics from the many years of making SO VERY many people happy via the path he chose. I hope and dream that Robert will enter into this dimension of 'The DANCE' :) The Dead will live on and always be purely unique. Terrapin Station is very special to me, as I SEE it in addition to hearing it. I wrote to Garcia about it, many years ago, and his secretary at the time (Alice), wrote back and said she loved the idea. She said she'd pass it along to Hunter, as it was his song and his wife is a dancer. She wrote - that I could pursue it, but I didn't have any means of doing so. Any thoughts...?
- Joy-yoda777Joined:Life magazine The Grateful dead 50 years along the goldenI posted. My runaway pic from 1967 at golden gate park on the Bob. Weir site. Someone then posted my pic that was in the Life magazine 50 years along the road. tThat's cool except they use the wrong name. The name Judy Smith is fictious! I was there June 21 1967, and I did climb up on the flatbed truck where the dead were playing, with Bob Weir helping me up. It was a incredible day, The pic used that was taken that day and used in the Life magazine on the Grateful Dead has been used for 49 years but not using the correct name. Trying to change that. Help please, how do i reach Robert Hunter
- santa rosa 70Joined:Loved it.....this.....Bob Hunter's lyrics. True poet. Words that examine the inexamable. Or vice-versie. Thank you, Blue Moon, for your rendition. You more than got it.
- maryeJoined:Sirius XM Outlaw Country interviewStrangest of Places award to a longtime friend of mine who it's safe to say is on the short list of Last People I Thought Would Be Into This, who the other day heard a 2-hour interview with Hunter on the outlaw country channel in which he played the beloved records of his youth. Apparently (probably corresponding roughly with the Americana Awards/Ryman appearance) he was a guest on Jim Lauderdale's show on the Outlaw Country channel some time back and they're rebroadcasting it. Sounds pretty awesome. My friend was completely blown away by this. He's all who IS this guy?:-)
- A.Cajun.HeadJoined:Thanks for this post!My son today told me he heard Robert Hunter had to go on tour to pay for medical expenses and I said that doesn't seem to ring true after reading a recent interview. This repost clears that up!!
- maryeJoined:Hunter posted this on FB last nightAnd it seems like a good idea to post it here, the rumor mill being what it is: Robert Hunter 10 hours ago · It’s come to my attention that there is an article circulating from http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/07/22/grateful-dead-lyri… taking a few quotes out of context from last year’s interview I did for a Rolling Stone profile. Thank you all for your concern regarding my health, however I am grateful this is old news taken out of context and has been sensationalized. I am fully recovered, and I am not in need of any financial help or indebted, although I'm deeply touched by the immediate concern and overwhelming response of the community. The reason I have decided to come back to touring is to play the music I love and for the deep connection to my audiences. I am going on stage not because I have to but because I WANT to. Reconnecting with the fans and the music is a powerful experience and not one that I take lightly. Still kicking, Robert.
- sisterearthJoined:Hey NowCool interview! Thanks for sharing!!