• 56 replies
    admin
    30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995 serves as an introductory sampler to the Dead’s live canon, including 30 unreleased performances — one from each concert in the boxed set – along with the 1965 recording of “Caution.” Also featured is an essay by Dead aficionado Jesse Jarnow dissecting every track in the collection.

30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995
    Track Listing

Disc One
    1. “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” – 1965
    2. “Cream Puff War” – 1966
    3. “Viola Lee Blues” – 1967
    4. “Dark Star” – 1968
    5. “Doin’ That Rag” – 1969
    6. “Dancing In The Street” – 1970
    7. “The Rub” – 1971
    8. “Tomorrow Is Forever” – 1972
    9. “Here Comes Sunshine” – 1973

Disc Two
    1. “Uncle John’s Band” – 1974
    2. “Franklin’s Tower” – 1975
    3. “Scarlet Begonias” – 1976
    4. “Estimated Prophet” – 1977
    5. “Samson and Delilah” – 1978
    6. “Lost Sailor>Saint Of Circumstance” – 1979
    7. “Deep Elem Blues” – 1980

Disc Three
    1. “Shakedown Street” – 1981
    2. “Bird Song” – 1982
    3. “My Brother Esau” – 1983
    4. “Feel Like A Stranger” – 1984
    5. “Let It Grow” – 1985
    6. “Comes A Time” – 1986
    7. “Morning Dew” – 1987

Disc Four
    1. “Not Fade Away” – 1988
    2. “Blow Away” – 1989
    3. “Ramble On Rose” – 1990
    4. “High Time” – 1991
    5. “Althea” – 1992
    6. “Broken Arrow” – 1993
    7. “So Many Roads” – 1994
    8. “Visions Of Johanna” – 1995

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • sheik yerbones
    fortunately you didn't loose a good sense of humour, did you?It is alike the freak brothers: it is better to get more dead music than money...
  • sheik yerbones
    I might be interested by a 30 trips boxset; but I am already scared by the price to reach Europe. I don't desperate about a day where digital Downloads will be available individually, let us say for the 55 th birthday? I might be glad to dload 90,91,94,67,84 or 75...All the rest is already very documented with the Dick, Road and Dave's picks series.
  • Aoxamoxa2
    I haven't opened mine/ used mine. I might be open to selling it to u if ur interested
  • wave-that-flag
    Really enjoying this 4 CD collection! Have been listening to it quite a lot! I bought a few 30 Trips shows from vendors, but honestly would have been overwhelmed by the full Box or Bolt! Great job on this! Have been lovin' it for awhile and plan to continue listening through the Holidays! Thanks for helping make 2015 a great year for the Dead 50th legacy! Peace!
  • redemption searcher
    Default Avatar
    The sensible voice in me is saying I should have just satisfied myself with this rather than splurging $750 with shipping when I really can't afford it. Unfortunately good sense left me a long time ago, curiously around the time I got into the Dead.
  • The Outer One
    Default Avatar
    Saw this for sale for CDN $34.98 at an HMV music store in Regina, Saskatchewan today which at today's exchange rate is around US $26.29. Curious pricing ... again. Of course I bought this off dead.net when it was first offered and paid over CDN $55 all in with exchange and shipping. Who knew it would show up on a rack in Regina's HMV?! Lol! No regrets though. Finally through all 4 discs - discs 1 & 2 are killer and I'm sure the Box shows are equally great! With no Box in my future, I can only wonder about the rest of the shows' contributions to discs 3 & 4. Not my favorite song selections but I appreciate the variety and embrace the fact that the 'greatest hits' isn't necessarily the perceived greatest hits. A Grateful weekend to all. Still waiting for DaP16. Sigh.
  • Alberto123
    Default Avatar
    That live is so great right ?
  • _Jeuxvideo_
    Default Avatar
    Awesome live !
  • LedMan
    Default Avatar
    I've been really enjoying listening to the 4 disc box set.. The sound quality and remastering is superb. Love the packaging/booklet and style of disk holders used. Don't have to worry about CDs becoming loose during shipping. Haven't decided which are my fav sample live tracks from this set yet. I've listened to all discs at least 4X so far and enjoy the flow and evolution of the band and their music.
  • Syracuse78
    Good point about appreciating the music and ignoring the sound. I listened to this on a USB stick in my car (top down, beautiful day) and it sounded fine. I think it was just a couple of the really early songs that, through headphones, really sounded bad. And this was not through a great system -- it was thru an iPhone with good headphones. Anyway, it all sounded much better in the car, and the songs other than the first few sound good with headphones as well. Sorry to have been negative.
user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month

30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995 serves as an introductory sampler to the Dead’s live canon, including 30 unreleased performances — one from each concert in the boxed set – along with the 1965 recording of “Caution.” Also featured is an essay by Dead aficionado Jesse Jarnow dissecting every track in the collection.

30 TRIPS AROUND THE SUN: THE DEFINITIVE LIVE STORY 1965-1995
Track Listing

Disc One
1. “Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks)” – 1965
2. “Cream Puff War” – 1966
3. “Viola Lee Blues” – 1967
4. “Dark Star” – 1968
5. “Doin’ That Rag” – 1969
6. “Dancing In The Street” – 1970
7. “The Rub” – 1971
8. “Tomorrow Is Forever” – 1972
9. “Here Comes Sunshine” – 1973

Disc Two
1. “Uncle John’s Band” – 1974
2. “Franklin’s Tower” – 1975
3. “Scarlet Begonias” – 1976
4. “Estimated Prophet” – 1977
5. “Samson and Delilah” – 1978
6. “Lost Sailor>Saint Of Circumstance” – 1979
7. “Deep Elem Blues” – 1980

Disc Three
1. “Shakedown Street” – 1981
2. “Bird Song” – 1982
3. “My Brother Esau” – 1983
4. “Feel Like A Stranger” – 1984
5. “Let It Grow” – 1985
6. “Comes A Time” – 1986
7. “Morning Dew” – 1987

Disc Four
1. “Not Fade Away” – 1988
2. “Blow Away” – 1989
3. “Ramble On Rose” – 1990
4. “High Time” – 1991
5. “Althea” – 1992
6. “Broken Arrow” – 1993
7. “So Many Roads” – 1994
8. “Visions Of Johanna” – 1995

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 8 months

Saw this for sale for CDN $34.98 at an HMV music store in Regina, Saskatchewan today which at today's exchange rate is around US $26.29. Curious pricing ... again. Of course I bought this off dead.net when it was first offered and paid over CDN $55 all in with exchange and shipping. Who knew it would show up on a rack in Regina's HMV?! Lol! No regrets though. Finally through all 4 discs - discs 1 & 2 are killer and I'm sure the Box shows are equally great! With no Box in my future, I can only wonder about the rest of the shows' contributions to discs 3 & 4. Not my favorite song selections but I appreciate the variety and embrace the fact that the 'greatest hits' isn't necessarily the perceived greatest hits. A Grateful weekend to all. Still waiting for DaP16. Sigh.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 8 months

The sensible voice in me is saying I should have just satisfied myself with this rather than splurging $750 with shipping when I really can't afford it. Unfortunately good sense left me a long time ago, curiously around the time I got into the Dead.
user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

Really enjoying this 4 CD collection! Have been listening to it quite a lot! I bought a few 30 Trips shows from vendors, but honestly would have been overwhelmed by the full Box or Bolt! Great job on this! Have been lovin' it for awhile and plan to continue listening through the Holidays! Thanks for helping make 2015 a great year for the Dead 50th legacy! Peace!
user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

I haven't opened mine/ used mine. I might be open to selling it to u if ur interested
user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

I might be interested by a 30 trips boxset; but I am already scared by the price to reach Europe. I don't desperate about a day where digital Downloads will be available individually, let us say for the 55 th birthday? I might be glad to dload 90,91,94,67,84 or 75...All the rest is already very documented with the Dick, Road and Dave's picks series.
user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

fortunately you didn't loose a good sense of humour, did you?It is alike the freak brothers: it is better to get more dead music than money...
product sku