• 81 replies
    admin
    Full audio and high-definition video from final show (July 5) on CD and Blu-Ray

or

Full audio and video from final show (July 5) on CD and DVD

Disc One
    1. “China Cat Sunflower>”
    2. “I Know You Rider”
    3. “Estimated Prophet”
    4. “Built To Last”
    5. “Samson And Delilah”
    6. “Mountains Of The Moon>”
    7. “Throwing Stones”

Disc Two
    1. “Truckin’”
    2. “Cassidy”
    3. “Althea
    4. “Terrapin Station>”
    5. “Drums>”

Disc Three
    1. “Space>
    2. “Unbroken Chain>”
    3. “Days Between>”
    4. “Not Fade Away”
    5. “Touch Of Grey”
    6. “Attics Of My Life”

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • scottaar
    Default Avatar
    The best!
  • peterstrong123
    Default Avatar
    I think it must have something to do with nostalgia or whatever. I have zero interest in owning any of this fare thee well stuff. It's not the Grateful Dead so I don't need it or want it router login
  • kite
    Default Avatar
    One present why galore businesses opt for postcards is because they are overmuch cheaper to be prefab and this can forbear a lot of expenses on the lengthened run.  best bikini trimmer
  • SimonBL
    Default Avatar
    Huge dead fan. This will make a perfect gift for myself this holiday season. Love the clip on Family Guy making fun of Grateful Dead fans. You guys should check it out. Simon - Owner of asphaltrepairfresno.com
  • JessicaL
    Default Avatar
    The disc you have referred was good. thank you192.168.o.1
  • Scarlett123
    Default Avatar
    Thank you for sharing. It was an unexpected surprise for me. I was lucky to see the site 192.168.0.1
  • LedDed
    I thought that Foul the Well was very well produced on blu-ray and cd. Too bad the musical energy level didn't live up to the hype - or the gravity of the event. Trey Anastasio was flat, holding back, zero energy into the material. Either he didn't have the stones... no, that's it exactly, isn't it - he wasn't the guy. Fucking sandbagged the whole enterprise. Zero fire on lead guitar, sappy lead vocals. Fish ain't the Dead on any level and how there could be any crossover audience between the two other than dumb people smoking too much weed is beyond me. John Mayer wasn't the easy obvious choice, but Dead & Co. towers over that Chicago product. John, you might give Troy a lesson in your spare time on how to electrify the Dead audience with soaring lead guitar. Melodies, bends, articulation... balls. A wee bit of energy pressed through the strings now and again. No one asked Troy Anesthesio to be Stevie Ray Vaughan; but even The Corpse of Steve Howe has more vitality these days. It's too bad, in one sense; but on another level, that failure reanimated the Dead. All things come around. Jerry wasn't havin' it in SF and Chicago. He is now.
  • macshane
    Default Avatar
    Here is a gazillion of free templates and forms
  • billy hooker
    Default Avatar
    awesome! I love it! Thanks for sharingto do
  • Anonymous (not verified)
    Default Avatar
    Good website ecommerce firesaleE-commerce Firesale review
user picture

Member for

17 years 1 month

Full audio and high-definition video from final show (July 5) on CD and Blu-Ray

or

Full audio and video from final show (July 5) on CD and DVD

Disc One
1. “China Cat Sunflower>”
2. “I Know You Rider”
3. “Estimated Prophet”
4. “Built To Last”
5. “Samson And Delilah”
6. “Mountains Of The Moon>”
7. “Throwing Stones”

Disc Two
1. “Truckin’”
2. “Cassidy”
3. “Althea
4. “Terrapin Station>”
5. “Drums>”

Disc Three
1. “Space>
2. “Unbroken Chain>”
3. “Days Between>”
4. “Not Fade Away”
5. “Touch Of Grey”
6. “Attics Of My Life”

user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

my side hurts from laughing - I think I need go rent some Marx Bros rodrigodiaz - I can't make heads or tails of your comment - it sounds like you're saying they only should have regrouped for these shows if they were going to invite other performers on-stage with them, as a means to demonstrate that they possess artistic integrity. Did I get that right? Just curious - why is there only a July 5th show available, but not the 3rd or 4th?
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

The show on the 5th was a carefully crafted show with the second set being the best chosen pieces they could ever have picked. The 5th was the only ppv show I ever rented. It was profound. The 4th was a classic 4th of July Dead show. The third was a good warm up. The Santa Clara concerts seemed like they struggled to chose songs. They didn't repeat many. There's a good instrumental and vid-on-tripod 2nd half of the 5th from the pit, but the voices are mumbled by the crowd sound. 3rd and 4th, as well as Santa Clara, are all on YouTube in their entirety. Haven't found a whole 5th concert. Amazon is selling the dvds or blue ray without the cds for $26. I got a Soldiers Field shirt from a true Head that sold a couple dozen on line for 25 bucks. (Over $100 for some t-shirts? Seriously?) I'm glad I never got to Chicago. The ppv was fantastic, sharp videography; but the band's stage was blocked solidly at the sides, the back was a see through projection screen and there was a roof. I figure at least 30% had no view of the stage, really, and half of the rest had 100 yds distance to cope with. I got to see close ups of everybody, broadcasting from the blimp and the best fireworks view on the 4th. You were really there watching live. So, beware of capitalism. What changed? I've been following the Dead since '65. They've been the Dead since '65!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 1 month

I think if they wanted to say goodbye they could have done it in a way that aknowledged the other people's contributions beside the four core memnbers. Whatever you think Jerry's contribution was to the band there were a lot of other people who contributed to the Grateful Dead. Everybody from the roadies people like Mountain Girl who had to be Jerry's muse,donna and keith, hunter, the nrps who were on stage with the band during the early 70's and too many to really mention here. It seems like this thing was structured to maximize royalties and sales. I also don't think it matters what is released from the ftw because it is not the Grateful Dead and I would rather see almost anything dead relesed than this glorified further. This four core already made enough from the ftw to consider it economically a sucess. People are demanding what the release should be rather than what it is and are now asking for Chicago 95. They have to understnd this is not a dead release so why should the Garcia estate give its ok to include a bonus dead give away on a non dead release.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 5 months

I have gone to shows since the 70's seeing the Dead, Furthur, etc. and saw my share of awesome, average, and not so good shows over the years Hell, I walked out of a show in 1983 because it was so uninspired, so Jerry was not always in his prime. In the end, of course, the band was best with Jerry by far. But the remaining band can still rock, so I went to the first and last shows in Chicago recently to see how it would all "end". Here are my thoughts: -Yes the shows were expensive. And yes, it would have been better for the band to have had a plan for the tickets so they would not fall into the wrong hands. But, who knew the demand would be so damn crazy??? Did you ever think they would be the hottest tickets this year by far??? I don't think so... -The shows were fun to attend. People were in a great mood, and the energy was excellent. It reminded me of the feeling at shows I had back in the day, even if the music was not exactly the same. Would the world be better off if they never happened? -The first show was the most fun for me and my friends. It seemed to have the best groove. -The song choices at times slowed the energy of the shows. -Some moments were awesome, like the Box of Rain to start the shows, which far exceeded my expectations. -I missed Jerry, as I always do. Hell, I'd have gone to these shows if they were the Jerry Garcia Band in a minute, but last time I checked that was not an option. So even though I do agree with some of the criticisms mentioned in the notes, I sense too much righteousness among the negative commentators. Because, in the end it was a few shows or none. I believe it is better they happened, flaws and all.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

to this entire show again with a fresh perspective after a month or so. Wow. It's really weak. If they put the soundboard up for free for download, I can't say I'd listen to it much if at all. I thought the FTW deal overall was great, a good thing. The first Chicago show was something else. But it got progressively weaker. Oh well. I don't have to buy it right? I will say Weir did a nice job on "Days Between" - he gave it his all.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 6 months

Hi. I've been grooving since July on the Grateful Dead's last show. July 5 was absolutely inspired cosmic music and has been reverberating in my soul ever since. The thing is, I've been listening to it on YouTube and the sound qualities, even on this one show, vary tremendously. I literally just listened to a version I don't usually listen to and thought it was an entirely different show! Zoe's sound quality is phenomenal and makes completely all the difference. So what I want to know is, how is the sound quality of this recording of July 5, 2015? Thank you! And thanks for this board.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 8 months

I think sound quality will be great I made a CD for the car with audio from all three FTW shows ripped from the PPV broadcasts. It's not perfect, but sounds really great and hasn't left the CD player since I put it in there. Hoping that the final product will be better. Wish they would offer the July 3rd show separately....imho it's by far the best of the 3.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 6 months

Forgive a question asked from ignorance, but that is what questions are for, aren't they? Is there a way to access the PPV renditions of shows? I know the easy answer is the DVD. But are PPV's one time only and that's it? An inquiring mind wants to know. Thanks!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years

PPV = pay per view?? if it's that the grateful did have a deal for all 5 shows for 79.99 if you order by May 30th I think it was and in that deal you can watch it live or watch it everyday until it was removed from access I think in October via your computer similar to the way you watch you tube or MLB = major league baseball. Generally pay per view is one time but in this deal they let you watch it until October...far as people thinking they heard what will be included in the box set you don't have a clue what it'll sound like but I will say it's probably going to be better than anything you heard as they probably went through great lengths to set up to record this...santa clara they didn't and that's why it's not included in the box set...but in order to get the box set I need a track listing the fact they listed the sets isn't going to do it for me although I think all 3 shows were over 3 hours...just barely over 3 hours which is a lot for a concert but not 200$ for 3 shows.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 8 months

I'm sure the box set will sound better, but haven't quite decided what I'd prefer. Sometimes it feels more "authentic" to listen to the shows exactly as they were broadcast before they have the opportunity to touch them up and make them sound the way they think they should sound. As for the PPV, don't remember the exact deal, but I think it was offered both via YouTube and MLB.com. One was for the live viewing only and the other let you replay for 30 days. In either case, the opportunity to view via normal means is likely long gone. At this point the only option is probably to see out a copy on some of the better known torrent sites. If you can find one labeled "Grateful Dead GD50 Webcast Rips", it's really good quality (720p) and has all 5 shows, including the pre-show, intermission and after show stuff. Pretty big download though...like >64gb for all the shows.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years

and you'd save 200$...if you go on even you tube and stream you can hear them at least what I want to know is when you download do you burn it to a disc or do you listen to it via your computer or device? Lately I hear these great upgrades or high level of source then the CD comes out and they even call the CD inferior to the HD downloads so i'm thinking that can't go to a mere CDR or can it? but I probably would rather have all 5 in high definition...but santa clara is gone thrown out they won't work on it...so i'd go with the PPV is there's any to keep, I forgot it was only 30 days but if there's a way to record and keep those i'd go with them...there's a guy who sells DVDs on the net but he won't sell the july 5th probably because it's going to be released and he doesn't want to conflict but he doesn't name his source and he only gives it an 8 out of 10 when you know he'd have to give the PPV at least a 9...I can see not giving anything official a 10
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 5 months

K guys - a few of you know but I have a pretty serious eye op to pay for coming soon - so I'm trying to shift the remaining shows asap. EACH of the following now ONLY $45US per show inc shipping from oz (sent day i get box): Email me at gilmourstephen@hotmail.com ShowS available still are 68 76 77 78 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 88 90 92 93 94 95 Also taking offers on scroll, single and book from box as a set or per item
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 6 months

These shows were multi-track recorded so this will be a completely different mix than anything else out there.

Member for

16 years 10 months

My shipping notice notes 4CDs. So is this night's intermission tunage being included? That's a nice little bonus, since it wasn't advertised. Personally, I didn't notice the Santa Clara intermission music at all, so this'll be a good single-disc taste if it's really included. If not, nothing lost.

Member for

16 years 10 months

The turquoise package looks SWEET, not opening till after I finish the Passaic '77 show...!! Well, maybe I'll open & peruse it while I'm listening..... Psyched to watch this performance again....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 8 months

Loved it! A few surprises along the way that made me smile more often than not. Have a grateful New Year's to all.
user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

I thought that Foul the Well was very well produced on blu-ray and cd. Too bad the musical energy level didn't live up to the hype - or the gravity of the event. Trey Anastasio was flat, holding back, zero energy into the material. Either he didn't have the stones... no, that's it exactly, isn't it - he wasn't the guy. Fucking sandbagged the whole enterprise. Zero fire on lead guitar, sappy lead vocals. Fish ain't the Dead on any level and how there could be any crossover audience between the two other than dumb people smoking too much weed is beyond me. John Mayer wasn't the easy obvious choice, but Dead & Co. towers over that Chicago product. John, you might give Troy a lesson in your spare time on how to electrify the Dead audience with soaring lead guitar. Melodies, bends, articulation... balls. A wee bit of energy pressed through the strings now and again. No one asked Troy Anesthesio to be Stevie Ray Vaughan; but even The Corpse of Steve Howe has more vitality these days. It's too bad, in one sense; but on another level, that failure reanimated the Dead. All things come around. Jerry wasn't havin' it in SF and Chicago. He is now.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 5 months

Huge dead fan. This will make a perfect gift for myself this holiday season. Love the clip on Family Guy making fun of Grateful Dead fans. You guys should check it out. Simon - Owner of asphaltrepairfresno.com
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 4 months

One present why galore businesses opt for postcards is because they are overmuch cheaper to be prefab and this can forbear a lot of expenses on the lengthened run.  best bikini trimmer
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 9 months

I think it must have something to do with nostalgia or whatever. I have zero interest in owning any of this fare thee well stuff. It's not the Grateful Dead so I don't need it or want it router login
product sku