• 202 replies
    Dead Admin
    Default Avatar
    Welcome to The Eleven(th) year of the Dave's Picks series! The momentum of the series keeps moving forward, and we can truly say there is no end in sight to the series. As we've said before, as long as you keep digging and supporting the series, we'll keep putting them out. Which is to say a huge thank you for keeping the series going! We do what we do because of you, and you keep inspiring us to do our best. And above all, you make it fun! As odd and challenging a year 2021 was, we were able to release five (!) incredible Grateful Dead shows in 2021 through the Dave's Picks series, starting with the magnificent Vol. 37 from 4/15/78, to Nassau on 9/8/73, the Spectrum on 4/26/83, and most recently 7/18/90 AND 7/19/90. Plus a healthy amount of bonus material where it would fit and where appropriate. Oh, and the subscribers' Bonus Disc from 9/7/73 that came with Vol. 38. As great as the four from 2021 were, we're already feeling 2022 will outdo it, and we've only selected Vol. 41 and Vol. 42 so far, as well as a lot of progress toward Vol. 43. But that's all for another time. For now, please know how much your enthusiasm means to us. We get as excited as you do every time a Dave's Picks is released. So thanks for coming along for the ride, and sharing the journey with us. We have a wonderful year of Grateful Dead archival releases ahead, and we can't wait to share it all with you.

David Lemieux
    October 2021

Is there anything better than the Dead automatically showing up at your door four times a year? We think not. We're holding steady with a numbered, limited-edition of 25,000 for each of the four Dave's Picks 2022 releases. But make no mistake, the best bet is to subscribe, sit back, and relax because you never know how fast each title will go when we put them up for sale, and there have been plenty of times where we're done in a day.

If you're new here, in addition to the four releases in 2022, totaling 12 CDs, you’ll also get the subscription exclusive bonus disc, which remains one of the most highly sought-after collectables we release, and free domestic shipping. Subscriber bonus discs are not released outside of this offer. Early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92).

DETAILS

DAVE’S PICKS 2022 SUBSCRIPTION BENEFITS

- Four Limited Edition, Numbered Releases
    - Highly Collectible Bonus Disc
    - Free Domestic Shipping
    - Delivered Throughout The Year
    - Early Bird Pricing - $99.98
    - A savings of over $25.00 over purchasing a la carte

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Yippierb
    Default Avatar

what is going on? When I click to pre order 2022 DP subscription( like I do every year) ,I get an old crappy, non functioning blue text HTML format. Is this a Warner Music Group Problem or a Dead Net problem . Please fix it I've been trying to order for days. WTF!

• icecrmcnkd

Do you have a modern TV with WiFi and/or Ethernet port, and apps preinstalled?
    Sony, Samsung, Vizio will all have this.
    If so, you can watch YouTube on your TV.
    With the YouTube app on your phone or tablet you can send the video to your TV.

Run an audio cable (I use fiber optic) from the TV to your stereo or home theater and get good sound.

My Vizio TV is plugged into my internet router and I’m currently streaming hockey and getting 5.1 surround sound through my home theater system.

Edit:
    Clarification,
    I watch YouTube on my TV with the Ethernet cable that is connected to the TV (by selecting the video on the YouTube app on my iPad, then casting it to the TV), but for hockey the TV is getting the signal through an HDMI cable from a computer (also connected to the router with an Ethernet cable; the TV acts as the monitor for the computer) because Vizio TV’s don’t have the ESPN+ app.

• JimInMD

I am fairly convinced Dave does not read these threads.. I'm not sure I would go all in on 60's and 70's only. Vegas odds and the magic 8 ball suggest we have not seen the last of 80 and beyond.

• proudfoot

is a long time

half the band's output was 80 and after

I don't remember hearing that we'd be getting only 60's and 70's GD...

• Oroborous

Perhaps the cable you refer to is a USB, and if your “hi fi has a built in DAC the software might be for DAC drivers?

• kjames29
    Default Avatar

Hoping future releases will be from the sixties & seventies, as that's what i though we originally signed up for. limiting audience noise would also be a plus... Thank You Dave.

• Willysin4wd

If your computer has Bluetooth, I can highly recommend the new ifi Zen Blue. Great range (through walls etc) and it has a Sabre DAC chip. Sounds very good.
    If no Bluetooth then run a USB cable out to a DAC to stereo, even cheap music DACs are much
    better sound than the computer DAC.
    Yay!

• Deadheadbrewer

All you should need is a cable that goes 1/8" (3.5mm) male to RCA male, no? Those are inexpensive, and I've used that to go from the headphone out on the laptop to the rear of my stereo receiver/amp.

• nitecat

Hey Billy, This day in Grateful Dead History is playing BCT 11/3/84 right now! I was there, also! Crazy G-L-O-R-I-A and Why Don't We Do it in the Road? !

• daverock

DHB - thanks for the info. I was told when I got my hi fi, a few years ago that if I got the right cable, and downloaded...something...I would be able to connect my lap top to that. Which sounds stellar. Truth is I am quite lazy-and maybe I haven't adapted to the dictates of the 21st Century as well as others. Still...it's early days in my cosmography.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

3 years

Welcome to The Eleven(th) year of the Dave's Picks series! The momentum of the series keeps moving forward, and we can truly say there is no end in sight to the series. As we've said before, as long as you keep digging and supporting the series, we'll keep putting them out. Which is to say a huge thank you for keeping the series going! We do what we do because of you, and you keep inspiring us to do our best. And above all, you make it fun! As odd and challenging a year 2021 was, we were able to release five (!) incredible Grateful Dead shows in 2021 through the Dave's Picks series, starting with the magnificent Vol. 37 from 4/15/78, to Nassau on 9/8/73, the Spectrum on 4/26/83, and most recently 7/18/90 AND 7/19/90. Plus a healthy amount of bonus material where it would fit and where appropriate. Oh, and the subscribers' Bonus Disc from 9/7/73 that came with Vol. 38. As great as the four from 2021 were, we're already feeling 2022 will outdo it, and we've only selected Vol. 41 and Vol. 42 so far, as well as a lot of progress toward Vol. 43. But that's all for another time. For now, please know how much your enthusiasm means to us. We get as excited as you do every time a Dave's Picks is released. So thanks for coming along for the ride, and sharing the journey with us. We have a wonderful year of Grateful Dead archival releases ahead, and we can't wait to share it all with you.

David Lemieux
October 2021

Is there anything better than the Dead automatically showing up at your door four times a year? We think not. We're holding steady with a numbered, limited-edition of 25,000 for each of the four Dave's Picks 2022 releases. But make no mistake, the best bet is to subscribe, sit back, and relax because you never know how fast each title will go when we put them up for sale, and there have been plenty of times where we're done in a day.

If you're new here, in addition to the four releases in 2022, totaling 12 CDs, you’ll also get the subscription exclusive bonus disc, which remains one of the most highly sought-after collectables we release, and free domestic shipping. Subscriber bonus discs are not released outside of this offer. Early bird subscribers can nab a sub at $99.98 (regular pricing will be $115.92).

DETAILS

DAVE’S PICKS 2022 SUBSCRIPTION BENEFITS

- Four Limited Edition, Numbered Releases
- Highly Collectible Bonus Disc
- Free Domestic Shipping
- Delivered Throughout The Year
- Early Bird Pricing - $99.98
- A savings of over $25.00 over purchasing a la carte

Dave's Picks #1 on vinyl was announced end of last year with Ltd #s. I think it took a few weeks to sell out, but not shipping until June sometime. Finally get to have my missing Dave's Pick in physical format. Would love to supplement it with the CD version too (for the completionist in me)...

I think today may be last day to buy a subscription. Ever since missing out on DaP1, have subscribed every year since. The early bird special makes it a no brainer of a lovely Christmas present from my daughter every year...

Happy New Year!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 11 months

Has anyone heard if the Dave's Picks Vol. 1 set is still scheduled to ship on the 29th? hopeful but not to optimistic about it.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/grateful-dead-dave-s-picks-2022-subscription.html