- January 23, 2019 - 6:22pmOroborosJoined:June 4, 2007Thank you Marye. Much appreciated.
Dad turned 92 in November, they thought he had kidney stones and started treatment but when the doctor performed the ultra-sound, it turned into ultra-'Oh NO' when they saw the massive tumor on his pancreas that had migrated (metastasized) to his liver.
Chick lived a great life, he was one of the 'greatest generation.' World War !!, multiple careers, last one running a resort in northern Minn. Lived there year round with my 88 year old mother, they celebrated their 67th anniversary this summer.
I will never forget one beautiful summer evening about 40 years ago, I put Garcia's first album on Dad's stereo, and cranked "The Wheel" and discussed the philosophical aspects of Hunter's words with my father. And Chick listened, and thought about what I was saying. And at one point he said to me "Yes, I get it, .......but can we turn it down a bit?" ;o}
He taught me so much by how he lived, and he even tried to tip his toe into my deadhead world.
What a guy.
"teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself."
- January 23, 2019 - 9:40ammaryeJoined:May 26, 2007so sorry, OroborosAll good thoughts to you and your family.
- January 22, 2019 - 11:28pmOroborosJoined:June 4, 2007Phil and Hunter's Box of Rain were for Phil's father
so I will post this 'fare thee well' for my father who is now on hospice care (pancreatic and liver cancer) and will soon give up this mortal coil.
As Bob said after Lowell George died (at the Portland Raceway show in 1979) "he was good while he lasted."
Dad's heart was his gift to all of us.
"Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself."
- January 9, 2019 - 7:22pmcarlo13Joined:April 26, 2017My friend George L.
I miss my good friend George who used to cruise with me to shows and other great places in the cherry 69 chevelle. We would drive to the New Jersey meadow lands and party till the wheels fell off. Good times my departed friend!!! -- Carlo F.
- November 1, 2018 - 9:26amsisterearthJoined:November 26, 2007Marky
My friend Marky passed over the weekend unexpectedly. I will sure miss our talks along the ride. He always had a kind word, and never tired of listening to me talk about Dale and missing him. Pain comes in many forms, and some you cannot see. I hope you are able to be free Marky, you were a good man in a fallen world. PEACE~
- March 28, 2018 - 4:06pmRUBY FROM LONG BEACHJoined:March 28, 2018HIGH ! ! ! RUBY FROM LONG BEACH IS BACK ! ! !HIGH ! ! ! RUBY FROM LONG BEACH IS BACK ! ! ! I , HUMBLY , STATE : THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! ! ! TO : EVERY , BEAUTIFUL , SOUL , IN WHICH : I , RUBY FROM LONG BEACH , HAVE PROVIDED : LOVE ! ! ! TO . MAY I , HUMBLY , ASK : MAY MY : GRATEFUL DEAD FAMILY , PLEASE , RECEIVE : THE FURTHUR BUS . . . WITH , I , HUMBLY , ASK , A : CRIB ? SHAKEDOWN STREET IS : WITHIN : FULL , FORCE ! ! !
- February 8, 2018 - 4:41pmgeomeisterJoined:January 18, 2015Mr. BarlowOur friend in music John Perry Barlow figured it out pretty early in life, and we are all the richer because of it. Many of us used his lyrics as mantras for life, taking us down paths that needed no road...and now, now he needs no road, and we travel on. Thank you John Barlow for gracing our lives, for sharing your gifts, for giving us so much. Priceless. Know you will be missed by many and honored by so many more. Rest in Peace.
- February 8, 2018 - 3:52pmgeomeisterJoined:January 18, 2015What a guySubject says it all.
- January 24, 2018 - 6:00amNo Simple HighwayJoined:January 24, 2018Rest In Peace, Parker ScottWe will always remember your crazy laugh, your rippin’ Guitar playing, your love of helping people, and what a beautiful soul you still are. 24 is far to young. I know you are playing with Jerry, Jimi Tom, and Stevie Ray, because that’s what heaven would be to you. Fare Thee Well my dear son.
- October 2, 2017 - 2:19pmPonchoBillJoined:July 29, 2009fer cryin' out loud.......didn't think this day could get any worse...stay strong...