- maryeJoined:May 26, 2007We're getting a lot of folks asking where to send corrections for assorted errors they've found in the show archives. Maybe they didn't really play "Saint of Circumstance" that night. Maybe we have the band at the Meadowlands when they were really at MSG. Maybe the boys are simultaneously in Philadelphia and Phoenix. Whatever mistakes you've found, this is the place to report them. Please include this information to make it easier for the tech folks to deal with: The date and/or URL of the show in question (for example, http://www.dead.net/show/june-21-1980) A detailed description of the problem (for example, wrong town, wrong venue, no "St. Stephen," etc.) The source of your information (for example, DeadBase, notes on your tape, "Hey, I was in the front row and I'll never forget it!") Thank you! (Note: once we've made the corrections, we will delete the posts to reduce confusion and redundancy. If your post disappears, that doesn't mean we're not Grateful. Quite the reverse.)
- August 9, 2019 - 11:01amDazerJoined:December 5, 2009I Need A Miracle, 6/16/91
A real mystery here: I was at Meet Up At The Movies and did NOT see I Need A Miracle. I've checked setlists everywhere. Yet here is a video from youtube that shows them playing it. They are ALL wearing the same clothes. Then I found a video from 6/16/91 on youtube taken from the audience. This song is on it. But why oh why are they all wearing the same clothes two nights in a row???
- April 27, 2019 - 5:35pmkeithcarleyJoined:October 23, 2018Show archive off by 1 day and hard to navigate
Please give some attention to the show archive. I would like to see the page for the current 'Jam of the Week", but it's a lot harder to navigate than it should be. Can't there be a way to go to a specific date as can be done at setlists.net.
- October 5, 2018 - 4:27pmNARDISJoined:June 27, 2007PNW Boxed SetNot sure if this is the correct place to post this, so will try here and elsewhere. Hello fellow heads, The first two shows of the new PNW boxed set are incorrectly recorded — the R and L channels are reversed. These two shows were recorded by Rex Jackson, the next show, in Seattle, was recorded by Kidd Candelario and the channels are correct. Not sure how it is that David Lemieux and Jeffery Norman missed this and failed to correct it, but it is not the first time it has happened. There are selections on So Many Roads which are reversed, as well as Dick’s Picks #13 (which is VERY surprising, because it is an 80s show and not only the placement of the drummers in the stereo mix is obvious, but also super-obvious is the placement of Weir and Brent!). Interestingly enough, Dave’s Picks Vol 16, recorded by Kidd, is correct, but Dave’s Picks Vol 21, recorded by Rex, is not — the channels on that one are reversed. Both are 1973 shows. It is easy enough to discern whether or not the channels are correct by listening to the pan of the drums in the stereo mix; for a single drummer show in stereo the hi-hat is panned predominantly in the Right channel and the ride in the Left channel and the toms, when used as a fill, should go from R channel to L and from high to low. If you listen to even just the first song of each first set from the three 1973 shows in the boxed set you can hear the difference between the Vancouver/PDX recordings and the Seattle — listen to the drums. This is a phenomenon I have observed since getting on the bus in the mid 80s. (Several really good shows on youtube have their channels reversed!) I wrote to Lemieux about it a few years ago (he often posts show snippets on Tapers’ Section which are reversed — lots of stuff from 73, and spring 81 in particular, but a good recent example are the two first sets from Ventura 84 which he recently posted). At that time he excused the DP#13 as not being on his watch and indicated that fixing the reversed channels on the snipets was simply not a priority or interest for him. I have written to him several times regarding this current, expensive boxed set, but he has not replied. Some heads on FB have plead the “purist” defense for this, meaning that recordings should be released as they are, but I’m guessing many of these same heads love the Europe 72 and Spring 90 stuff, all of which has been heavily remixed and homogenized to the point of no longer being able to hear the venue/room nor the unique mix of each show; they sound awesome, but from a “purist’s” POV are certainly not accurate historical documents…so I see no reason why the production team wouldn’t correct a recording error such as the channels being switched unless they simply did not notice it due to lack of interest, lack of attention, lack of mindfulness. If you can hear the difference and feel, as I do, that this incredible music should be represented as best as possible, please email or tweet Lemieux at email@example.com or @lemieuxdavid and let him know.
- June 30, 2018 - 4:01pmnobo73Joined:June 30, 2018Dodger StadiumDoes anyone know when and where GA entrance will be at Dodgers Stadium, and whether there will be a line up? Thanks! Nobo73
- June 12, 2018 - 5:34pmUncle Johns ChildJoined:February 24, 2018September 24, 1991September 24, 1991http://www.dead.net/show/september-24-1991 The set list here says "Baby Blue" (It's All Over Now, Baby Blue). My tape says "(Used to Love Her) All Over Now". With my ears I heard It's All Over Now, the Bobby Womac song (http://www.dead.net/song/its-all-over-now), not the Dylan song (http://www.dead.net/song/its-all-over-now-baby-blue).
- February 19, 2018 - 4:20pmFrankie LeeJoined:November 15, 2010Missing Set ListThere is no set list for the 23rd & 24th listed. There is a set list shown for the 22nd, but not the next 2 shows. Please fix?
- November 18, 2017 - 3:firstname.lastname@example.orgJoined:November 18, 20177/12/87 at GiantsStadiumI think that the correct order of songs for the third set is as follows: Slow Train Comin' Stuck Inside of Mobile Tomorrow is a Long Time Highway 61 Baby Blue Ballad of a Thin Man John Brown Wicked Messenger Queen Jane Approximately Chimes of Freedom Joey All Along the Watchtower Times They Are A-Changin' My source is I'm watching it on YouTube.
- August 1, 2017 - 5:56amRichbulger08Joined:August 1, 2017Sept 21,1973 SpectrumI think One More Saturday Night was the last song, Casey Jones the encore. Other way around on the site. I remember the lights going on and the smoke ffrom the end of the show wafting behind the stage.
- July 27, 2017 - 4:04pmpendraggonJoined:June 25, 2007The BruceJust a note for those interested in show http://www.dead.net/show/june-21-1980 Cap. Center MD. Bruce Hornsby sat-in with the band. Awesome accordion riffs!!! First time I saw him. I thought everybody was booing the band, then Bobby announced his presence I realized it was Not a "Boo" but the crowd cheering "Bruce"