- maryeJoined:May 26, 2007Here and there lately, folks have been mentioning some of the great T-shirts they picked up on tour and elsewhere. Several decades having passed in many cases, the shirts are no longer with us. Which ones did you wear till they fell apart, accidentally leave behind at the campground, give to your best friend, or otherwise part with, and now you'd really like to find another one?
- November 18, 2020 - 8:10pmSpritely-SpriteJoined:October 24, 2020Ed Donohue T-Shirts
JIMMEYV, Was Estimated Prophet the one with a skeleton holding a heart-shaped rose wreath? I think I have an old sticker of that... I remember one called “Real Eyez”, a SYF type skull with a star inside, a cluster of roses at the bottom of the skull. I used to wear one of those, thanks to a high school friend...
I believe there was an “Unbroken Chain”...
The one with a rose garland crowned skull in profile, hand up-stretched to a sun surrounded ‘water bird’ was possibly called “Peyote Bird”.
We really need to have reprints of these to circulate in the community: especially since originals can fetch many hundreds of dollars.
- November 18, 2020 - 7:40pmSpritely-SpriteJoined:October 24, 2020Ed Donohue Shirts
Elle, I am also looking for re-releases of Ed’s screen printed tie dyes. I am thankful that I was able to pick one up, on lot at Jones Beach Arena, 2003; being sold by Ed’s brother and niece. They had stacks of shirts left by Ed, who had recently been taken by cancer... The shirt design I got is called “Wherefore Art Thou?” featuring a skeleton by the seashore, arms outstretched under moonlight and clouds. It was a good match for how the evening looked there at the waterside.
- October 25, 2020 - 7:01pmgabrielhumusJoined:October 25, 2020My favourite was a Samuel…
My favourite was a Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout spoof for St. Stephen and lil peep shirt you can check it here (https://lilpeepmerch.net). "The Celebrated Forgotten Song" it said... I loved that shirt. Flew off the back of a ski boat in the summer of '93. Sigh.
- October 22, 2020 - 10:01pmelleJoined:October 22, 2020Ed Donohue T-shirts
I lived in the same town as Ed in upstate New York. I was recently thinking the Grateful Ed T-shirts would make good Christmas presents, but alas, they are so hard to find. Are you selling any? Probably not. I just messaged his sister and asked her if she had any info on how to get one. And suggested she start reproducing them! They relly should be archived somehow.
- May 8, 2020 - 12:04pmJesParkerJoined:May 8, 2020its a hit or miss, ive…
its a hit or miss, ive received some of my softest favorite unisex t shirts from (https://genderneutralclothing.net). and I've received some 100% cotton stiff, iron on transfer shit. you gamble always when shopping online.
- December 16, 2019 - 2:57amFatTireBikeJoined:December 15, 2019Hey JimmeyV
Hey were those shirts handmade? Do you recall what type of process? Were those maybe printed and airbrushed? I know an Ed that used to screen print then hand color and partially airbrush they are stunning and unique.
- June 29, 2019 - 8:35amCumberland@92Joined:June 28, 2019Great T-Shirts
Found a blue dyed with day and night Fiddler. Was supposed to be for the NYC Madison Square Gardens show in December 1995. As we all know that show never happened. It’s with all of the other retired shirts.
- December 8, 2018 - 8:14amdemosjamsJoined:December 8, 2018soldier field parking lot shirt
Looking for a "I SAW THE DEAD ON LAKE SHORE DRIVE" t-shirt.