- Post reply Log in to post commentsOctober 31, 2013 - 9:32am144 repliesmaryeJoined:May 26, 2007Here and there lately, folks have been mentioning some of the great T-shirts they picked up on tour and elsewhere. Several decades having passed in many cases, the shirts are no longer with us. Which ones did you wear till they fell apart, accidentally leave behind at the campground, give to your best friend, or otherwise part with, and now you'd really like to find another one?
- July 30, 2021 - 3:36pmmaryeJoined:May 26, 2007awesome story!now that's a shirt with history.
- July 30, 2021 - 12:41pmChris DJoined:September 24, 2020Dead T-Shirt Story
No exactly a T-shirt I wish I had (I still have the shirt) but a Dead T-shirt Story nonetheless. After leaving the closing of JFK in Philly I returned to the spot the Dead heads in my town had claimed for our own (Under 95 at FDR park) only to find one of the girls from my school suffering bad from alcohol, heat, etc. While not exactly with it, I was with it more then the guys trying to help her. The boy scout in me takes my T-shirt off, dunks it into a cooler of ice and wraps it around her bed. Next some water and she was coming around. Now I have no shirt. So i find a nice patch of grass in center field of one of the ball parks to watch the sky move. 2 ball fields away I spot a girl with shirts. I bought one. A simple shirt with a stenciled Bear. 5 years later the Girl that made the shirt grabs me at a capital center show and says thats my shirt. She remembered our encounter years earlier. I wore that shirt when my first son was born. it sits in a box with the Instant breakfast stain still on it from my brother -in-law's frantic drive of my wife to the hospital to give birth to my son. I have no intention of ever letting that shirt go as it reminds me of the 2 best days of my life. Yes the JFK show was that awesome. By the DVD-Crimson and Indigo-I only wish they had included Jerry saying F the fine we are playing late as the condemned (that morning) venue was literally falling down around us.
- July 30, 2021 - 12:36pmChris DJoined:September 24, 2020Dead T-Shirt Story
- July 30, 2021 - 11:23amStrider 808808Joined:June 20, 2007“They’re Dead Jim!”
Star Trek crew looking into the entrance of a Dead show. The famous line from Bones (Deforest Kelly) “They’re dead Jim”
- July 30, 2021 - 11:08amCrissyTJoined:September 24, 2019Hot Air Balloon Shirt
I have this in medium. You can have it for free...
- April 16, 2021 - 6:43amWay Out WestJoined:May 26, 2017Elusive, little, tiny Grateful Dead records...
Still searching for pictures, confirmation, conversation about some of the rarer, (or perhaps non-existent), Grateful Dead & related US 45's from the 60's & 70's... One More Saturday Night/Cassidy Stock-Copy? - Anthem of the Sun Radio Spots? Test Pressing/PROMO Pressing of the rumored 2nd 45 release from the 1st Dead LP - Sittin' on Top of the World / Minglewood Blues? - Happiness is Drumming/Razooli from the Diga Rhythm Band LP? Been chasing these records, and rumors of these records for decades now. Closest I have come is a release number for the Round Records single from the Diga Rhythm Band LP... anyone else out there to share details???
- March 17, 2021 - 5:56amdigiskelJoined:December 15, 2007To share designs that I miss…
To share designs that I miss immensely, the 1st is the 20th anniversary 1985 tour "patriot skeleton" design, Which was also used as the backdrop banner for the grateful dead on stage in Cincinnati that summer.
The 2nd shirt design which I have never seen again is from the 90s.
In Louisville Kentucky there was a "Tom Sawyer going down the river on a raft" Tour shirt.
Yes I had it, yes I wore it out!
I would love to have that shirt again!
- March 15, 2021 - 4:56pmbozokarlJoined:June 21, 2007Calvin and Hobbes shirt
I have a custom painted shirt my friend Big Mike made for me in '94. On the right shoulder was a small Calvin & Hobbes in their wagon coming at you, in the center was a big side view of C & H in the wagon, and on the lower left side they were small again going away from you. Across the top it said "enjoyin' the ride". I still have the shirt but the sleeves are gone, it's really ragged, and won't fit any more.
- March 14, 2021 - 12:30pmmemphis mikeJoined:January 31, 2009my favorite was acquired…
my favorite was acquired late in life. it was a Beverly Hillbillies shirt saying let's get back to Tennessee Jed I got at the Memphis shows. it finally just fell apart after many wears. at 2003 Bonarroo we were approached by a guy who said , "hey, that's my shirt. I made that shirt." wish I had another one now.
- March 13, 2021 - 2:41pmShindiggerJoined:June 5, 2007A plain Skull & Roses
Soft dark blue cotton with a white skull & roses. That's it. And it got better as it aged.
Oh to be able to get another one!
Hint, hint GD Store