• 82 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    Two complete acoustic sets from Warfield shows in October 1980, celebrating the Grateful Dead's 15th Anniversary. A perfect blending of older cuts from Dead's extensive repertoire, these two sets include such classics as Dire Wolf, Cassidy, Bird Song, Monkey and the Engineer, and To Lay Me Down, amongst many others, with each set ending with Ripple.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Sun King

got up this morning and decided to spin these 2 lp's. beautiful acoustic dead.

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday....."

• Thetentman

Of course, I knew that posting a comment yesterday would lead to another email today and I was right. This site still sucks.

• Thetentman

I was going to let this go. The company reached out to me and made things right. BUT, they keep sending me emails saying this CD is going fast. It is not. It is out of stock since at least December of 2020. This is the third email I have gotten in the last month. And I already have it. What would Jerry do?

• Thetentman

I just got my third email this week from Dead.net saying the Warfield show was going fast and I should return and buy it. Uh-huh. It is not in stock. It is not going ANYWHERE fast. This is the worst place to buy the Dead. Amazon, eBay, and Etsy are all better. This place is FUBAR.

• wilfredtjones

If the chocolate ice cream is sold out, opt for a scoop of Butter Pecan. :-)

• Thetentman

Today I got an email from Dr. Rhino, apologizing for the screw-ups and giving me a 15% coupon. I replied and thanked him. I thought that was nice and it was over. WRONG! 5 minutes later I got an email from Dead.net saying to hurry back and buy it cause it was going fast. It is, of course, not there. WWJD? What would Jerry do?
    Caveat Emptor

• wilfredtjones

Maybe they are just messing with you at this point?

P.S. Me no robot

• Thetentman

Once again the morons that run this site sent me another email saying it was here and going fast. It was not and it is not. They are MORONS. Buy your Dead anywhere else but here.

• Thetentman

The CLOWNS that run this clusterf##k of a company just sent me another email saying that this was back in stock. It is not. They are idiots. Buy anywhere else but here.

• Thetentman

Thank you.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month
Two complete acoustic sets from Warfield shows in October 1980, celebrating the Grateful Dead's 15th Anniversary. A perfect blending of older cuts from Dead's extensive repertoire, these two sets include such classics as Dire Wolf, Cassidy, Bird Song, Monkey and the Engineer, and To Lay Me Down, amongst many others, with each set ending with Ripple.
user picture

Member for

5 years 5 months

ordered Warfield, a t-shirt, and another (Pacific NW, 3CD) weeks ago, but not in a hurry and all just delivered. And all in separate plastic mailers delivered by different trucks. Both CD covers dented and beat. CDs ok. Guess the days of receiving dead.net music orders in a box and in pristine condition is a thing of the past. It's the music that counts, but I am careful (and somewhat anal) about the condition of my music collection.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by 'Dillo-Dead

Not good enough. If I receive anything through the post which is damaged, I contact the people I ordered the item from with the expectation that they will replace the item or give me a refund.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 9 months

I haven't gotten mine yet either even though they claimed to have already shipped it...…..TWICE! Frankly, I'd be happy purchasing a FLAC or FLAC-HD of this Set as the packaging is inconsequential with this release. I wonder why they're not offering a Download version of this?

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

Funny once you get something you stop checking. Then this morning this board was back at the top. The vinyl looks nice :-),,,, now I just need that turntable hooked back up!

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

please send me a PM with the details and I'll see what the Doc can do.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

I would love to order this but I don't trust this company will ship it without damage, if they ship it at all. The new distributor screws up every order I have placed this year. The excuse since March that I have been told is they are changing warehouses. It takes 5 months to move 50 items and a few thousand units to a new warehouse??? I placed an order for mugs on 8/1 and I have yet to get a shipment notice. Customer Service gives me a canned response and hasn't resolved anything. DP Vol 30 didn't even ship until four weeks after release date. So sad. I am considering never ordering again and just having my friends share the ALAC's with me. This is absurd!!!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 8 months

Ordered this in early September and it said that it would not ship until Oct. 02. Now Oct. 06, checked on order and it says not shipped. Would like to get this soon - anyone know what's going on?

JBAULE

If you have a local Amazon outlet where you are based look to see if they stock it. I bought my copy using amazon.co.uk. This was a no-brainer for me because it was cheaper, I get free delivery and since it came from within the UK there was no danger of incurring import duties. If you can do this then I’d suggest cancelling your current order.
I buy a lot from dead.net but I have decided that I won't use them if the item is available elsewhere as their service delivery, especially communication, is woeful.

user picture

Member for

6 years 10 months

Check before buying/selling !!! Just bought in a local store in Russia, a couple of days ago. Wow, i've never had such issue.
By the way, if you had the same problem, especially if you got two A/B-side records in a pack, let me know. ))))

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

No more ordering from Dead.net for me. I always have believed in ordering items from the source and cutting out middle men, and will continue in most cases. But after 3 straight no deals here Im done. Worst/best example; paid Sept 3 for a pre order to be released in Oct., after seeing the item in stock and for sale all over ebay for 2 weeks I inquired about my order, got excuse of warehouse problems I waited longer. Finally after still no deal I canceled and waited weeks for a refund. Bought the item on ebay for $22 delivered for what would have cost $39.94 here. Yep, Im done with ordering from Dead.net. And it makes me sad. :(

user picture

Member for

8 years

... I have a new second copy if anyone’s interested please send me a pm. My pm messages are working fine as far as a know ....
Face value, what I paid for the release... 🙏❤️😎💀🌹💀🌹

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

I subscribed to an email notification when this was back in stock. Today I was notified by email. I clicked the link, the page came up, but you can't buy it. Par for the course. Dead.net is the worst mail-order company out there. I have in the past sent email queries to them and never get a reply. They notify me that Dave's Pick is on the way and it takes a week for the tracking to work and then another 2 weeks to get it. Go to Amazon or eBay to buy. You will get it faster and cheaper. I love the Dead but not their sales division.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

I got a reply from the incompetent clowns at Dead.net. They told me that they could not find the page on their site and had no idea when or if it would be back in stock. I sent them the link to the page that they sent me telling me to buy it and it was back in stock. I am waiting for the reply. This company is CLUELESS. I Will eventually go to Amazon, Etsy and
eBay.

I agree. I got this release from either ebay or Amazon, coming from England it was much less expensive and arrived in next to no time.
Ironically, Deadnet has become something a last resort for buying Dead music. In many ways, the best thing about Deadnet are these boards, enabling people to get in touch with each other, and share their views and experiences.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by daverock

I haven't subscribed for Dave's Picks this year this year ...but I bought 37 a la carte. Reading the reviews of it, I felt I had boobed a bit-do I really need this show? I decided I didn't, and emailed Deadnet to cancel my order. Two days later-this morning-I got an email from a guy called Daniel in customer service to say my order had been cancelled. So hopefully it will now go to someone who would otherwise have missed out-and Daniel-if you are reading this-top of the morning to you!!

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

To those that replied to me, thank you. To those that will in the future, thank you too. An update. It has been 3 days since the clowns at dead.net responded to me. They have not sent a response to my response, even though I sent it 6 minutes after receiving their email. I did re-subscribe to the email notifications just for giggles. I will eventually buy this disc on Amazon. Screw Dead.net. Buyer beware at this very poorly run operation.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

Today I got an email from Dead.net saying I should come back and buy The Warfield CD. They said it was going fast, however, clicking the link brings you to this page where you can not buy it. This is another example of a company that has no clue. They are idiots. Not do they care about us, only our money. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

Since they sent me an email last week telling me that this was back in stock and it WAS NOT. They have been sending me a daily email telling me that it was going fast and to buy it soon. Go to Amazon, eBay or Etsy before you spend money on this Black Hole of a site. They are the WORST.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

Today I got another email from the dopes that run this site saying I should buy this as it is back in stock. So I click the link and it is not back in stock. I can't buy it. Another screw-up from the idiots that run this site. Buy from Amazon, Etsy, or eBay before you trust these morons.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by Thetentman

Not a lot people read this board.
Go over to the DaP37 page and complain there. Rhino bashing is going on there today.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

The CLOWNS that run this clusterf##k of a company just sent me another email saying that this was back in stock. It is not. They are idiots. Buy anywhere else but here.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

Once again the morons that run this site sent me another email saying it was here and going fast. It was not and it is not. They are MORONS. Buy your Dead anywhere else but here.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Maybe they are just messing with you at this point?

P.S. Me no robot

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

Today I got an email from Dr. Rhino, apologizing for the screw-ups and giving me a 15% coupon. I replied and thanked him. I thought that was nice and it was over. WRONG! 5 minutes later I got an email from Dead.net saying to hurry back and buy it cause it was going fast. It is, of course, not there. WWJD? What would Jerry do?
Caveat Emptor

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

If the chocolate ice cream is sold out, opt for a scoop of Butter Pecan. :-)

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

I just got my third email this week from Dead.net saying the Warfield show was going fast and I should return and buy it. Uh-huh. It is not in stock. It is not going ANYWHERE fast. This is the worst place to buy the Dead. Amazon, eBay, and Etsy are all better. This place is FUBAR.

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

I was going to let this go. The company reached out to me and made things right. BUT, they keep sending me emails saying this CD is going fast. It is not. It is out of stock since at least December of 2020. This is the third email I have gotten in the last month. And I already have it. What would Jerry do?

user picture

Member for

3 years 11 months

Of course, I knew that posting a comment yesterday would lead to another email today and I was right. This site still sucks.

user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

got up this morning and decided to spin these 2 lp's. beautiful acoustic dead.

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday....."

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/the-warfield-san-francisco-ca-10-9-80-10-10-80.html