- maryeJoined:May 26, 2007The bus came by. We got on. That's how it all began. Almost as soon as the Fare Thee Well shows were announced, folks started planning to meet in Chicago. They met. They connected. Things were never the same. And now, further! Or maybe Furthur.
- June 28, 2020 - 5:53pmmkavJoined:June 30, 20075 years
where DOES the time go?
Sure glad that was not really the final shows.
- May 24, 2020 - 9:02amGraceful_DeadJoined:March 4, 2011Better the 2nd time
I know it's been a while, but I'm moved to write by last night Nuggs broadcast of the Halloween show from MSG last year.
It started with the Ripple tribute to Hunter, but that was not all:
every song that night was a Hunter song (except the Werewolves encore).
I was at that show but don't think I realized as it was unfolding what the connection was.
It made it more meaningful to listen to again knowing that each song was chosen with Hunter in mind, and appreciating how many lyrics referred to songs: of course,
Let there be songs to fill the air;
Light the song with sense and color;
Sometime the songs we hear are just songs of our own; and of course,
How does this song go?
And Oteil sang his heart out on China Doll; really moving.
The storyteller makes no choice
soon you will not hear his voice
- September 24, 2019 - 6:44pmmkavJoined:June 30, 2007RH RIP
I just heard the news.
- September 24, 2019 - 12:35pmGraceful_DeadJoined:March 4, 2011Aww, geez, such sad news
I can't even bear to say it. Another loss, seems more close and mournful.
- August 8, 2019 - 2:37pmgeomeisterJoined:January 18, 2015Lucy
it is spot on and done very nicely. Thanks for a good time with a twist.
- June 17, 2019 - 4:45amGraceful_DeadJoined:March 4, 2011Two-Night Two-Step
This summer's pattern for debuts by Dead Co held over the weekend:
the first night at Wrigley had the first "To Lay Me Down".
But as they come East, there are no more two-night stands on the schedule; the next is the finale in Boulder.
So no more premiers? Inquiring minds want to know
- June 11, 2019 - 7:27pmmkavJoined:June 30, 2007love to hear Candyman
thanks for reply on Brent songs
- June 11, 2019 - 7:17amGraceful_DeadJoined:March 4, 2011Dead Co Debuts
I have not seen any record of Dead Co performing a Brent song.
Two omissions from my list of possibles (besides Brent and Keith-Donna songs):
- June 10, 2019 - 7:53pmmkavJoined:June 30, 2007brent?
is it true D&C have played no Brent songs? I "heard" that recently, but have not researched it. Maybe they'll surprise us!