- Post reply Log in to post commentsMay 27, 2007 - 3:38pm235 repliesmaryeJoined:May 26, 200710,000 Lakes? Gathering of the Vibes? Grateful Fest? If you've been to these or any others among the growing number of summer fests, tell us what's great about them!
- May 20, 2022 - 7:44amRobertbob59Joined:May 20, 2022New Unheard Great Music
@Pitz Quattrone that's a Great Idea ...Lot of great Artist that need to be Heard and are Pushed Aside by Weaker mainstream Garbage . ya can't even go to these new millennial shows . to many nonsense Bands music . ya have to wait for a Solid group to play .
The Glory Days of Jerry Garcia are Gone .
- May 8, 2022 - 4:35pmnappyragsJoined:January 24, 2013staying home is best
for me cuz I'm old and tire easily...plus, I have great memories of festivals from over 50 years ago...
- May 8, 2022 - 1:48pmLagerandgospelJoined:May 8, 2022Dark Star Jubilee can’t be…
Dark Star Jubilee can’t be beat
- May 6, 2022 - 1:58pmPitz Quattrone…Joined:May 6, 2022My favorite summer festival…
My favorite summer festival is one that features incredibly unique, professional, unsigned, independent artists that truly need a high-quality exposure event to boost their careers to a level so they can earn a decent living performing and recording their musical visions. Not sure that one exists? If it does, please let me know who I can reach out to in order to be considered for a performance slot.
- May 6, 2022 - 1:08pmSteamdudeJoined:March 8, 2019Watkins Glen, '72. The…
Watkins Glen, '72. The unexpected Friday night sound check was some of the sweetest most laid back jam I've ever heard the band do. Lots of fun despite being quite unprepared. Spent Friday night sleeping in the trunk of a car! Right up there with Barton Hall '77. I was tripping heavily for that and couldn't be sure that it was really as good as it sounded until I heard a recording of it later.
- June 18, 2021 - 6:30amGADEADHEADJoined:June 5, 2007Bourbon and Beyond
Bourbon & Beyond Louisville, Ky. Has had some hidden gym's in recent years and plenty of bourbon and food. This is more of a main stream music festival but it always sprinkles in some good bluegrass (Billy Strings, and Infamous Stringdusters to name a few) John Mayer, Robert Plant, promise of The Real, Margo Price and others have given the festival some character.
- April 29, 2021 - 10:16am1stshow70878Joined:September 11, 2014Telluride Bluegrass
The Telluride Bluegrass festival is still going strong 40+ years and although bigger and better than ever it still has that down low small town vibe. Cheers!
- April 28, 2021 - 10:16amdeadhead102Joined:June 5, 2008Festivals
I can't stand festivals! There's more than one band and sometimes more than one stage. The time spent going between stages as well as the short sets each band plays is not for me. I would much rather go to a Grateful Dead concert and get nothing but the good ol' Grateful Dead. This also applies to other acts that I might want to see.
- April 27, 2021 - 12:06pmStrider 808808Joined:June 20, 2007Powwow Highway
Taos Pueblo Powwow (New Mexico), United Tribes Powwow (Bismarck, North Dakota)
8/27/72 Veneta was a great time.
- April 27, 2021 - 11:33amst.stephen.dipipJoined:May 6, 2009https://www.briggsfarm.com/…
https://www.briggsfarm.com/ Briggs Farm Blues Festival