Des Moines, IA 5/13/73
    Santa Barbara, CA 5/20/73
    San Francisco, CA 5/26/73
    Washington, D.C. 6/9/73
    Washington, D.C. 6/10/73
    Recorded by Kidd Candelario, Betty Cantor-Jackson, and Owsley Stanley
    Newly restored and speed-corrected audio by Plangent Processes
    Mastered by Jeffrey Norman
    Liners featuring notes from Canadian author, Ray Robertson, The Owsley Stanley Foundation, and Legacy Manager and Audio Archivist, David Lemieux
    Art and Design by GRAMMY® Award-winning Art Director, Masaki Koike
    Custom-dyed Tenugui and an exclusive poster featuring an illustration by Mary Ann Mayer

Limited Edition Individually Numbered To 10,000 
    Exclusively At Dead.net

"There’s the simple fact that the band members were old enough and experienced enough by now to be virtuosos on their instruments (what other group—rock or jazz or any other kind of music—could boast a trio of spectacularly singular talents such as Garcia, Lesh, and Weir?) but were still young enough to want to play and play and play some more, the happy, itchy inclination of youth. As a few of the shows in the Here Comes Sunshine boxed set attest, it wasn’t unusual for a 1973 concert to exceed four hours. And within the shows themselves, there are nearly nightly examples of hour-long orgies of tune-linked songcraft and juicy jamming." - Ray Robertson, HERE COMES SUNSHINE 1973 Liners

8 years in and the Grateful Dead are a little bit of everything to everyone. They are putting up textures and tones of rock, of jazz, of country, with set-morphing vibes and long stretches of improvisations that are completely keyed into the sum of their parts. Keith Godchaux is here with his cascading notes. Donna Jean too. Both finding their footing and keeping things steady in the wake of Pigpen's unfillable gap. The spring of 1973 feels transformative for the Dead - no more so than the May and early June shows, complementary yet remarkably different, soon-to-be cornerstones of everyone's tape collections, and now, 50 years later, set to be part of the band's official canon.

HERE COMES SUNSHINE 1973 is a limited-edition, 17CD boxed set with five previously unreleased, highly sought-after Dead shows, including: Iowa State Fairgrounds, Des Moines, IA (5/13/73), Campus Stadium, UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA (5/20/73), Kezar Stadium, San Francisco, CA (5/26/73), and Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium, Washington, D.C. (6/9/73) and (6/10/73).

During the spring, the band road-tested most of the songs they would record that summer for WAKE OF THE FLOOD – their first studio album in three years – including early live versions of “Mississippi Half-Step Toodeloo,” “Row Jimmy,” “Stella Blue,” “Eyes Of The World,” and, the set’s namesake, “Here Comes Sunshine.” Also tucked into the collection are songs destined for the Dead’s 1974 studio album, FROM THE MARS HOTEL – “China Doll,” “Loose Lucy,” and “Wave That Flag,” a precursor to “U.S. Blues.”

The new repertoire slipped neatly into the fluid setlists alongside songs honed on the 1972 European tour (“Jack Straw,” “Tennessee Jed,” “Brown-Eyed Women”), Chuck Berry perennials (“Promised Land,” “Around And Around”), classic country (“Big River,” “The Race Is On”), and incredible jam sequences: “He’s Gone”> “Truckin’”> “The Other One”> “Eyes Of The World.”

Due June 30th, the individually-numbered, limited-edition 17CD set features vibrant graphics and custom-designed folios by GRAMMY® Award-winning Art Director Masaki Koike, a custom-dyed Tenugui and an exclusive poster featuring an illustration by Mary Ann Mayer, and liner notes by Canadian author Ray Robertson, The Owsley Stanley Foundation, and David Lemieux. And, of course, it features newly restored and speed-corrected audio by Plangent Processes, mastered by Jeffrey Norman.

Digital convert? We've got you covered too. On the very same day you can collect your hi-definition download.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Sick Bird '67
    Default Avatar

Purchased the ALAC digital download since the discs were unavailable. Many of the dowloaded tracks have dead air.

I have purchased many of the box sets over the years and never have I run into so many issues. Disapointed to see so many other devotees with similar issues. Hope this gets resolved soon. The set lists are awsome and I can not wait to kick back and listen.

• stillwaters

It's on sale, but it's not available? What's up with that?

• daverock

Sydney - why should you be expected to send faulty discs back? You have said they are faulty - that should be enough for them. Don't they believe us if we say discs are faulty? A little respect would be nice - do they think you might be trying to pull a fast one? Ridiculous.

• dmcvt

Wow, given the recent comments, who would have thought that the HCS box would be available for $140, listed in the Black Friday sale. That means they should/must have shipped any replacement discs for faulty or damaged at no cost BEFORE they sell another set... Had to jump through three Hey Now hoops to post this... talk about Lost Sailor...

• Sydney Prentice
    Default Avatar

No one has offered me a refund,they just sent me more faulty discs that don't play.It will cost me even more to send this back,I can't see them refunding all the postage & import fees that I had to shell out.

• 1stshow70878

They cannot get you replacement discs but they can put the set on sale for $140.23 in their holiday sale? Hey now on that.
    Cheers

• daverock

Surely they should refund people the full amount they paid for it if it isn't perfect.

• Jaysspacedhead

Has anyone else received a similar email about trying to get replacement discs.

Your email has come to my attention, and I apologize for the tardiness of this response.

Unfortunately, I have been advised that we no longer have stock for the disc you need replaced.

I am very sorry that we cannot fulfill your replacement request. We will refund you 50% for this item. (Please allow up to 5 days for funds to post to your account.)

May I also offer you a digital download of the Here Comes Sunshine box set? (If you would like to pursue this offer, please let me know whether you would prefer your download files in the FLAC or ALAC format.)

I apologize again for this frustrating experience.

Sincerely,

Tashanna
    WMG Specialty Customer Service

• marye
    send me a PM!
  • phantomengineer
    Default Avatar

Mary, belatedly can I contact you about an issue with the discs on this one, and can you remind me how I do such...

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

3 years

WHAT'S INSIDE:
Five complete, previously unreleased performances on 17CDs
Des Moines, IA 5/13/73
Santa Barbara, CA 5/20/73
San Francisco, CA 5/26/73
Washington, D.C. 6/9/73
Washington, D.C. 6/10/73
Recorded by Kidd Candelario, Betty Cantor-Jackson, and Owsley Stanley
Newly restored and speed-corrected audio by Plangent Processes
Mastered by Jeffrey Norman
Liners featuring notes from Canadian author, Ray Robertson, The Owsley Stanley Foundation, and Legacy Manager and Audio Archivist, David Lemieux
Art and Design by GRAMMY® Award-winning Art Director, Masaki Koike
Custom-dyed Tenugui and an exclusive poster featuring an illustration by Mary Ann Mayer

Limited Edition Individually Numbered To 10,000 
Exclusively At Dead.net

"There’s the simple fact that the band members were old enough and experienced enough by now to be virtuosos on their instruments (what other group—rock or jazz or any other kind of music—could boast a trio of spectacularly singular talents such as Garcia, Lesh, and Weir?) but were still young enough to want to play and play and play some more, the happy, itchy inclination of youth. As a few of the shows in the Here Comes Sunshine boxed set attest, it wasn’t unusual for a 1973 concert to exceed four hours. And within the shows themselves, there are nearly nightly examples of hour-long orgies of tune-linked songcraft and juicy jamming." - Ray Robertson, HERE COMES SUNSHINE 1973 Liners

8 years in and the Grateful Dead are a little bit of everything to everyone. They are putting up textures and tones of rock, of jazz, of country, with set-morphing vibes and long stretches of improvisations that are completely keyed into the sum of their parts. Keith Godchaux is here with his cascading notes. Donna Jean too. Both finding their footing and keeping things steady in the wake of Pigpen's unfillable gap. The spring of 1973 feels transformative for the Dead - no more so than the May and early June shows, complementary yet remarkably different, soon-to-be cornerstones of everyone's tape collections, and now, 50 years later, set to be part of the band's official canon.

HERE COMES SUNSHINE 1973 is a limited-edition, 17CD boxed set with five previously unreleased, highly sought-after Dead shows, including: Iowa State Fairgrounds, Des Moines, IA (5/13/73), Campus Stadium, UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA (5/20/73), Kezar Stadium, San Francisco, CA (5/26/73), and Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium, Washington, D.C. (6/9/73) and (6/10/73).

During the spring, the band road-tested most of the songs they would record that summer for WAKE OF THE FLOOD – their first studio album in three years – including early live versions of “Mississippi Half-Step Toodeloo,” “Row Jimmy,” “Stella Blue,” “Eyes Of The World,” and, the set’s namesake, “Here Comes Sunshine.” Also tucked into the collection are songs destined for the Dead’s 1974 studio album, FROM THE MARS HOTEL – “China Doll,” “Loose Lucy,” and “Wave That Flag,” a precursor to “U.S. Blues.”

The new repertoire slipped neatly into the fluid setlists alongside songs honed on the 1972 European tour (“Jack Straw,” “Tennessee Jed,” “Brown-Eyed Women”), Chuck Berry perennials (“Promised Land,” “Around And Around”), classic country (“Big River,” “The Race Is On”), and incredible jam sequences: “He’s Gone”> “Truckin’”> “The Other One”> “Eyes Of The World.”

Due June 30th, the individually-numbered, limited-edition 17CD set features vibrant graphics and custom-designed folios by GRAMMY® Award-winning Art Director Masaki Koike, a custom-dyed Tenugui and an exclusive poster featuring an illustration by Mary Ann Mayer, and liner notes by Canadian author Ray Robertson, The Owsley Stanley Foundation, and David Lemieux. And, of course, it features newly restored and speed-corrected audio by Plangent Processes, mastered by Jeffrey Norman.

Digital convert? We've got you covered too. On the very same day you can collect your hi-definition download.

Should have made 12,500 copies.
If Rhino cut the number to 10,000 because the previous two Boxes aren’t sold out yet, then they apparently didn’t grasp the importance of these ‘73 shows to Deadheads.

Downloads still for sale. Sounds like some people can download the files and others can’t. Typical Rhino screwup.

10,000 x $186.98 = $1,869,800.
Good haul.
But $2,337,250 for 12,500 copies would have been better.

Whoopsie, IceCream got there first.... WMG did limit this one to 10K copies, maybe because they are still sitting on the MSG and River boxes which were 12.5K and 13K iirc. However they will and have already appeared on the secondary market, check there and maybe better, you can buy digital versions, though some folks that have done that are still waiting. Gone are the days when Dead.net made an effort to get the new music into as many hands as possible on or about the same day. Would not surprise me if future editions of Dave's have their production numbers rolled back. Sure wish they would release some of Europe 72 individual shows again.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

4 years 8 months

In reply to by dmcvt

Yeah I've always preordered and admittedly held off because of previous sets still available. I think I missed it by about an hour.
As for Europe, I've sent emails asking about it. Would love to see a reissue or individual shows.
I'll start hunting or just grab the single show.

user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

In reply to by sshular86

Steve73 said a page back that he might order a second one...may want to reach out to him.

user picture

Member for

5 years 7 months

Hi Res digital GD Enthusiast chiming in here: for $125 why can't we even get a simple PDF of the freakin' liner notes (along with proper digital artwork)? When I purchased the Pacific NW FLAC/24 download, I emailed a request to customer service and they kindly snail mailed me the hard copy liner notes. That was wonderful and appreciated, but all I need and expect is a simple digital copy. As further insult to injury, every single show has the same generic artwork for 6/10/73 RFK. Yes, I know there are other fans who will upload the proper artwork in due course. A purchase of the premium audio format should come with more than bupkis.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years

So, FLAC pre-orders are going to wait until after the holiday weekend? If the wait is longer than that, please, respond to my customer service email and refund my money.

Thank you

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

Thankfully I have a 4 day weekend. New Zappa Dead and Jerry. I’m locking the door and not answering. The new Zappa is absolutely mind blowing. The Dead I’ve listened to the 10th so far. Very nice. Jerry probably won’t get here for the weekend. Fun fact about the Jerry show which I went to ( during my 2 year interregnum in Boston 82/83) The CC Coll. is or was a hockey rink horrible acoustics small and mostly metal. It was very hot and humidity approaching 100%. At one point it started raining inside and after a minute I realized where that water came from and made a bee line for the side. Several thousand people’s worth of sweat condensation not a pleasant thought.
If you like Hot Rats/ Chunga’s you need to buy the Zappa already listened straight through twice

user picture

Member for

16 years 1 month

I purchased two. I was going to sell the spare on ebay but if someone was going to pull the trigger, shoot me an email at afperrone@liberty.edu and we'll work something out. I won't charge a huge mark up, just what it cost me plus shipping it to you.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

Daverock They are definitely one of the lesser known gems of the 60’s. When volume 2 came out the college student who ran the Jordan Marsh record store/dept. told me I needed it. I never looked back. Love the 3 Reprise issues ( though you can’t play volume 2 around the uninitiated- “In The Arena”) Where’s My Daddy great if not a bit over the edge. Markley full on shall we say unacceptable with what we know about child sexualization and a bit of a rip off by him of the actual musicians. The fifo is a tad juvenile but the sun dazed is a nice release. I still play the core 4 (part 1, volume 2, A Child’s Guide and Where’s) in order twice a month or so

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

In reply to by Gary Farseer

I took your advice and didn't order a second box. Like you, I've received several products from this page before getting the email, and some emails never arrived, but I've always received whatever I've ordered. This box threw off my usual level of rationality, however, because I attended the 6/9 show, and this will be the only opportunity to get it in a physical format (plus the other shows and the box's goodies). At about midnight last night, the email finally arrived.

user picture

Member for

1 year 9 months

The Mayor is a good head! :)

I was going to order another one and waited too long I guess.

New Garcia Live is nice, I like it.

user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

blue suede shoes
I'm Unkle Sam/how do you do
Gimme five
still alive
ain't no luck, learned to duck
Wave that flag, wave it wide and high

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by snafu

Snafu - that's good to read. Yes, the more you know about Bob Markley the less happy you become. Weird how Ron Morgan, who plays scorching guitar on Volume 2, didn't even warrant having his picture on the cover. Seems like he's invisible, apart from his great playing. I have only played the first two so far, the stereo versions, and they are up there with the best.
Bit of a Zappa connection going on too, with "Help, I'm A Rock" turning up on Part One.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 1 month

Just got my box only to find that Disc 1 from each show not playing on my player. All other discs play just fine. Disc 1 jut spins around tracking then comes up with No Disc error. Only happens on Disc 1. Haven't gotten through all the shows yet but already Disc 4 on the May 13 show has major skipping for Track 6 Sugar Magnolia starting at ~3:10-3:26 and then intermittently skips throughout the rest of the show. Disc surface is clean and no signs of damage so I think some serious issues on the disc pressing/transfer. Major disappointment. Hope I can get replacements.

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

Wow! Here Comes Sunshine arrived Thursday, JGB arrived Friday, as well as a CD re-issue of early Sons of Champlin LP's. Blues Fest today thru Tuesday, and I may check out D&C at Boulder. Wow!

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

This week at DreamsWeDreamed dot com:

"In Concert Against Aids" Press Conference
Dan Healy Part 2 of 3
Poster Artist Legal Fund Benefit Concert
Deadhead Profiles
The Dead News

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 months

In reply to by mff9200

I thought I was the only one whose FLAC pre-order hasn't materialized into downloads in my account. What a drag :(

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Vguy72

Git Some!
Have a good show Bro!

Anyone know if it’s started?
I’m sure they’ll start late be but being a Dino I often miss the start.
Meaning, at 6:54 MT I still don’t have a feed from nugs?
Prolly just early, seem to recall they always started late there?

EDIT: sheeoot, operator error, already on Truckin, Doooahh. Idiot!
Dbledit: double doah lol, picture hand to forehead, able to scrol back…good set though!
Good energy, couple scorches, good sheet Mon!

user picture

Member for

2 years 11 months

Well it looks like I fell in not-able-to-download camp :(.

Funniest part of all is that I gave in and only ordered the 6/10 show originally, then decided I want all the shows. The RFK show has said I could download it since the day of the announcement, and even when waiting till the correct time got an error every time I clicked it. And now I can't download either of them.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years

In reply to by RAW

A canned email arrived a few hours ago with instructions if my order is not delivered. Worthless because it does not mention how to deal with not getting access to pre-ordered downloads.

The June RFK show is free to download legally on Prime. The rest of the shows are "out there" too.

I feel conned.

user picture

Member for

8 years

… some very sad news which I wish I didn’t have to post, but my dear old friend and fellow ,artist, Stanley mouse, has suffered a stroke last week which has made him loss the ability to use his hands to create any more art work at this time. Doctors have made a statement that It’s going to take a long time with intense medical therapy. We are all praying for a positive recovery from this unfortunate illness tragedy. I ask all our brothers and sisters here on the forum on Dead.net to Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers and positive vibes for a speedy healthy recovery for our dear brother Stanley mouse. Stanley mouse is the infamous artist responsible for many of Grateful Dead’s “Art Of The Grateful” since the beginning of the band’s career and through out their entire career to date. Thank you everyone.
Have a grateful holiday weekend my brothers and sisters wishing all a rock’n time! Peace be with you. Be safe be kind and don’t forget to you “Smile Smile Smile!” Keep on truck’n folks!
🙏❤️💀🌹

that blew a few feathers back into place

absolutely killer show

multiple double rainbows. beautiful evening. exactly perfect. near full moon tracking big and bright over far end of the stadium

That must of been something!
Really good show, cept maybe that transition back into SSDD lol, Bob…
I know it was very enjoyable in the theatre on the couch, sure it was even better in person!
Looked packed? Think highlights for me were that Smokestack and Mayer on the whole Mr Fantasy/Hey Jude deal.
Good Sheet!

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 11 months

In reply to by mff9200

My preorder shows as In Progress. Do we have any idea when digital downloads will be available? The JGB show was available immediately, I don’t really understand why Dead.Net has so much trouble with these. I don’t really want any more CDs, they take up too much space.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years

In reply to by rowjimmy7

We've heard from 1 Flac-er with a fulfilled order. Any others? I feel better knowing I'm not the only one left out in the cold.

I really wanted this music for my long-planned July road trip to CA National Parks... Bummer...

Instead I'm listening to my Garden music. '81&'83 are cool shows, but, man, these outstanding '82 shows carry the release. I was looking forward to hearing the SF show from '73...

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

In reply to by mff9200

Still waiting for my preordered downloads as well. Ticket was opened Friday morning. I’ve gotten the ‘sorry you’re experiencing technical issues’ email and that they are investigating.

The lack of any sort of timely updates is what makes this even more frustrating. If there’s a bigger issue with those users who pre-ordered (which there seems to be), any regular business would want to get out there in front of the issue, explaining the reason for the delay for the affected customers.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

5 years

In reply to by mayormarionbarry

Mayor Barry,

It is not surprising but it is disappointing that you are attempting to help us while customer service is silent... or at home eating burgers and drinking from the keg for the Fourth.

Will your college filter allow all the emails to enter?

You are going to get a gaggle of emails.

M.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by mayormarionbarry

oh yeah it was!

Loved the whole show! Every song felt just about exactly perfect. Big big sound from the beginning. So cool to both hear and feel the music.

Interplay between Mayer and Chimenti is a real trip. Chimenti like a mad genius, with some crazy jazz phrasing - seemed Monk-like at times. Milestones > Days Between out of space was an awesome treat. Whole place to yet another level when the realized it was Scarlet out of Sugar Mags. Going Down the Road was such a fine fine encore.

Had an awesome hike with my sis in the foothills earlier this afternoon. Lots of wildflowers and the first chonky boi porcini of the year, Headed back to Folsom now Night 2. Later friends.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 11 months

WTF! Is this some kind of late April Fool's joke?
Here's what I have found going through this box set.

Iowa: disc 1,2,4 won't play, disc 3 plays
After experiencing this I went through all discs loading them up in between putting in control discs in my Denon deck. Control discs all play. But I then find with the remaining shows this.

S.B,CA: disc 1,3 won't play, disc 2 plays, but at track 3, ElPaso, at 15 seconds left glitches and keeps repeating, later at track 8, HCS, jobs completely out midway through and disc never recovers.

Kezar: discs 1,2,3 won't play.

RFK 9th: disc 1,2 won't play, disc 3 plays all the way through.

RFK 10th: entire 4 discs will not play.

I can put any other cd from 100's of CDs in and they all will play, so it's not suddenly the deck.

Who do I contact besides speaking to someone at customer service 10,000 miles away?

Anyone else coming up with similar issues?

user picture

Member for

6 years 5 months

Can you please tone down the negative political remarks. They are not welcome here. This site is for Grateful Dead discussion. You are a chronic offender with the political nonsense. Try not to be so angry all the time. There are political sites out there where you can vent to your hearts content.

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

In reply to by Dark-Star

Occasional comments pop up from time to time.

It happens.

Even Bob Weir said to vote a certain way on 10 10 82 between Sugar Magnolia and Sunshine Daydream.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by proudfoot

....that being gay is political to begin with.
Never mentioned politics.
I though that topic was behind us in the '90's.
However, I guess I was wrong.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years

Not really and I know how I’m not the 1st to say this. I’m now starting my 2nd time around and yep the cd slots have to be the worst idea since …..whenever
Luckily everything is cool. Gotta go to bags unltd get some of the hated jewel cases

Adding to your comment abut defective discs this seems to be a major issue with this set.Steve Hoffman Forums is alive with the sound of people whose discs arrived badly scratched,won’t rip or won’t play.Discs not even packed in their holders but floating around loose.Not everyone but plenty.
I’m guessing there is going to be a major disc replacement program needed here.When you get your box sets
1-Physically inspect every disc
2-Check each discs playability
3-If you intend to rip them try as soon as you can
When you have compiled your list of defective discs contact them.This is going to need patience and persistence on both ends to fix.They are either going to have to manufacture more discs or give out lots of refunds.Don’t accept discounts on future purchases.

Weary of the incompetence and no longer willing to fund Dave's 'catch and release' trophy hunting exploits.

user picture

Member for

3 years 9 months

In reply to by ESB

Lotta negativity
Hope my discs are good
When I finally get 'em

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by proudfoot

Oteil singing High Time and another awesome Set II with a Ripple encore.

user picture

Member for

3 years 3 months

I ordered this in May but my order hasn’t shipped. I can see my order when I search on dead.net but it doesn’t have anything about it being shipped or a tracking number.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by SWR

I sure did! Bob hasn’t Shatnerized too many things so far, and the new guys are killing it, Mickey too.
I’ve heard Mickeys been bringing it all tour. Looked like another gorgeous night!

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Oroborous

The sound and music so far is fabulous, the production sucks! I haven’t had so many issues since my music only Boxilla.
Luckily my Exact Audio Copy SW is good, but it took a pounding on this one!
Almost all the CD #1 and a few others were out of the holders upon arrival, so, many smudged etc.
I’d say half the discs had a at least one song with issues! Fortunately I was able to eventually get them all to rip, but often I had to skip the tracks with read errors, remove the disc, buff out some smudges, nicks, etc, and rip again.
Many of the pesky discs showed no obvious signs of damage…if not for Exact Audio Copy, I’m not sure I would have been able to play them?
Very stressful, very time consuming. I think they may have changed plants again or something. The discs feel cheap, the shwag is kinda cheap, even the book is comparatively, kinda cheap…
The musics awesome, so hopefully all the discs will play ok…
Yep, no bueno!

user picture

Member for

10 years 3 months

Und, this is a big but! I'm a subscriber to nugs.net, so I checked to see, and 6/10/73 is available for streaming there. I wanted to do it properly and start off with Iowa, especially since I'd never heard it or Santa Barabara, but had Kezar as my third Dead tape (5/8/77 and 2/11/70 with Duane Allman, Peter Green, etc), and have listened to both RFKs over the years, but am getting jealous reading all of these reviews remarking on setting a new sonic standard for Dead releases. But a nice long drive tomorrow back to Boston will serve to whet my appetite further by streaming it. Just hope my signal holds up.

Also, I found 6/10 vinyl onsale yesterday for 135 and DiP 1 onsale for 115 (still higher than Real Gone's 100, and quick shipping, this one will arrive in 4 weeks, and will need to sort out shipping then with impending new address not yet finalized, also a worry for DaP 47). No more vinyl for me for a while, but at those prices, and for the quality of music, it's a no brainer. I balked at 175 here for the vinyl with the full box set being just 12 bucks more.

Having not received a shipping notice, and getting a wee bit nervous, I reached out to Dead net customer service last Friday. Got a response within 24 hours that it had shipped, gave me tracking #, and that it was scheduled for delivery to local PO Saturday. in theory it's there in a locker when I return tomorrow. I know the no shipping notice thing happens somewhat often with DaP but first for me on any order that I can remember and wasn't really seeing people mentioning it with this box.

Set II last night - They Love Each Other > China Cat > I Know You Rider > Fire On The Mountain > Other One (vs 1) > D/B/S > Eleven > US Blues > Morning Dew

I'm always there for Mickey and "D/B/S". "Bike horn" drums last night was a little out there weird, felt like I was having a hard time hearing the bike horns clearly. Didn't feel sound at seat last night had quite the balance and separation of first night. Still pretty good but a little blurred. The bike horn graphics on the screens got sorta freaking cool. Probably the most odd world music reference I've seen from Mickey at a show. but def want to hear a recording of the actual bike horn band that was being shown just to hear what that was about. That sequence of Fire > Other One into drums with the Eleven out of space - wowza yowza.

Before 3rd verse in Fire, Mickey leans out and says something to Oteil and Oteil replies and then Mickey blows him a kiss and next thing you know Mickey steps out from behind the drums up to Oteil's mic and lays down one of his rap verses for Fire - it was way cool. a first for D&C, at least on this tour. got to see him sing back with Further and Other Ones. Also Oteil played a banjo bass for Fire.

And yeah Oro that Fantasy > Hey Jude Coda Set I first night was super sweet. Not even on the radar and Mayer nailed it.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/en/grateful-dead/special-collections/here-comes-sunshine/here-comes-sunshine-1973-dead.net-exclusive-[17-cd]/081227847036.html