What's Inside:
    • Five Complete Shows
    • 5/11/77 St. Paul Civic Center Arena, St. Paul, MN
    • 5/12/77 Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL
    • 5/13/77 Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL
    • 5/15/77 St. Louis Arena, St. Louis MO
    • 5/17/77 University Of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
    •14 Discs, 111 tracks
    •Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman, Plangent Processes playback system for maximum sonic accuracy
    •Artwork by Grammy Award-winning graphic artist Masaki Koike
    •Period Photos by James R Anderson
    •Historical Essay by Steve Silberman
    •Individual show liner notes

MAGICAL, MYTHICAL MAY 1977!

If you're a Dead Head, chances are you've spent many an hour expounding upon the distinction of May 8, 1977, Cornell University, Barton Hall. Well, at the risk of preaching to the choir, we'd like to reintroduce you to a series of shows that matches said greatness from that same gloriously fertile season. While Barton Hall is well known, the astounding tour that surrounded it has occasionally flown under the radar due to the uneven quality of tapes in circulation. May 1977 is set to change all of that with a boxed set that zeroes in on this high-water mark in the Grateful Dead's long strange trip.

For a band resurrecting itself after a 20-month hiatus, there was a great frenzy of expectancy that surrounded the Spring of 1977. We anticipate a grand reoccurrence of this fervor with the release of May 1977, a 14-disc boxed set featuring five complete shows from consecutive stops on that magical tour. Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman at Mockingbird Mastering, the "psychoacoustic phenomena" as Jerry once put it, of St. Paul Civic Center Arena, St. Paul, MN (5/11) Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL (5/12, 5/13), St. Louis Arena, St. Louis MO (5/15) and Coliseum at the University Of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL (5/17) can now finally be appreciated. Each of these shows finds the Dead delivering punchier, more focused sets, tightening up the framework; each night turning out first-ever renditions ("Passenger,""Iko Iko,""Jack-A-Roe"), unloading potent new pairings ("Scarlet Begonias">"Fire On The Mountain", "Estimated Prophet">"Eyes Of The World"), classic covers ("Dancing In The Street") and soon-to-be staples ("Estimated Prophet," "Samson and Delilah"), and ultimately rising up to paradise.

And now for the nitty-gritty...

Due June 11, May 1977 is limited to 15,000 individually numbered copies. Presented in a psychedelic box that boasts an intricate die-cut design created by Grammy®-winning graphic artist Masaki Koike, the set also includes a book filled with stories about each show, as well as an in-depth essay by Dead historian Steve Silberman, who delves deep into the history behind the tour and the band’s return from its extended hiatus.

Once these 15,000 boxes are gone, May 1977 and its shows will never be available again on CD. However, the 111 tracks will be made available on release date as FLAC and Apple lossless full-set-only downloads for $99.98.

Like its predecessors Europe '72: The Complete Recordings and Spring 1990, we expect May 1977 to sell out. Your best bet is to pre-order it now, then sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out over the next few weeks right here and on Facebook.com/GratefulDead and Youtube.com/gratefuldead.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • DanielSpace
    I think a fundraiser for the tapes is the dumbest idea Ive ever heard.
  • Sawwwn
    Default Avatar
    Oh man! Still waiting for these (May 77 and July 78) to be available for download! Please open this up or at least stop listing them as available. Killing me.
  • Sawwwn
    Default Avatar
    Oh man! Still waiting for these (May 77 and July 78) to be available for download! Please open this up or at least stop listing them as available. Killing me.
  • lianshu
    adidas superstar 80s femme pas cheradidas Outlet en ligne | Jusqu'à -50 % | adidas Canada adidas zx flux pas cher chaussure de foot adidas pas cher : La boutique 100% Chaussure ... www.vinatrend.com
  • icenine2
    Default Avatar
    When will this be available as downloads again? I own the high-res digital download of Get Shown the Light and it is spectacular.
  • rolandswan
    Default Avatar
    Are you not happy with your current hosting go with One Euro web Hosting and make your business more profitable .
  • kite
    Default Avatar
    It was thinking about whether I could utilize this review on my other site, I will connect it back to your site though.Great Thanks. bathtub pillow
  • aaron1990
    Default Avatar
    When you can drop into the combat on your own, the game is very gaining steam as a co-op name thanks to its profound team features. BattlegroundsArmory.com for Steam platform is a digital product - no field included. It will be released as an electronic download for $29.99 (the same price as the PC version).
  • arunk55
    Default Avatar
    This is i got super cool idea now what let me think about it. paypal money adder
  • lilmaria1212
    Default Avatar
    Solid offer for the music community, although it's a bit pricey?! JUST A BIT! Lol, I'm already spending a bunch of money on music promotion services.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years

What's Inside:
• Five Complete Shows
• 5/11/77 St. Paul Civic Center Arena, St. Paul, MN
• 5/12/77 Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL
• 5/13/77 Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL
• 5/15/77 St. Louis Arena, St. Louis MO
• 5/17/77 University Of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
•14 Discs, 111 tracks
•Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman, Plangent Processes playback system for maximum sonic accuracy
•Artwork by Grammy Award-winning graphic artist Masaki Koike
•Period Photos by James R Anderson
•Historical Essay by Steve Silberman
•Individual show liner notes

MAGICAL, MYTHICAL MAY 1977!

If you're a Dead Head, chances are you've spent many an hour expounding upon the distinction of May 8, 1977, Cornell University, Barton Hall. Well, at the risk of preaching to the choir, we'd like to reintroduce you to a series of shows that matches said greatness from that same gloriously fertile season. While Barton Hall is well known, the astounding tour that surrounded it has occasionally flown under the radar due to the uneven quality of tapes in circulation. May 1977 is set to change all of that with a boxed set that zeroes in on this high-water mark in the Grateful Dead's long strange trip.

For a band resurrecting itself after a 20-month hiatus, there was a great frenzy of expectancy that surrounded the Spring of 1977. We anticipate a grand reoccurrence of this fervor with the release of May 1977, a 14-disc boxed set featuring five complete shows from consecutive stops on that magical tour. Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman at Mockingbird Mastering, the "psychoacoustic phenomena" as Jerry once put it, of St. Paul Civic Center Arena, St. Paul, MN (5/11) Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL (5/12, 5/13), St. Louis Arena, St. Louis MO (5/15) and Coliseum at the University Of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL (5/17) can now finally be appreciated. Each of these shows finds the Dead delivering punchier, more focused sets, tightening up the framework; each night turning out first-ever renditions ("Passenger,""Iko Iko,""Jack-A-Roe"), unloading potent new pairings ("Scarlet Begonias">"Fire On The Mountain", "Estimated Prophet">"Eyes Of The World"), classic covers ("Dancing In The Street") and soon-to-be staples ("Estimated Prophet," "Samson and Delilah"), and ultimately rising up to paradise.

And now for the nitty-gritty...

Due June 11, May 1977 is limited to 15,000 individually numbered copies. Presented in a psychedelic box that boasts an intricate die-cut design created by Grammy®-winning graphic artist Masaki Koike, the set also includes a book filled with stories about each show, as well as an in-depth essay by Dead historian Steve Silberman, who delves deep into the history behind the tour and the band’s return from its extended hiatus.

Once these 15,000 boxes are gone, May 1977 and its shows will never be available again on CD. However, the 111 tracks will be made available on release date as FLAC and Apple lossless full-set-only downloads for $99.98.

Like its predecessors Europe '72: The Complete Recordings and Spring 1990, we expect May 1977 to sell out. Your best bet is to pre-order it now, then sit back, relax, and enjoy all the exclusive content we'll be rolling out over the next few weeks right here and on Facebook.com/GratefulDead and Youtube.com/gratefuldead.

user picture

Member for

14 years 2 months

At the top of the page under the Box Set photos there are links for each show date. If you click them all the show info & a cover picture is there. Save the picture and make your own cd cover or ipod art. Hope this helps. (~):E
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grateful-Dead-May-77-UNOPENED-Box-set-road-trip…- May 77 for sale right now on eBay for only . . .. $312!!!! Item is 'unopened!' Shipping not included. Did I mention it is only Only $312!!!! Hurry kids. Yet seriously I do wonder how this eBay reseller decided on $312 rather than an even $300, or $320 even??? It is a mystery folks. If they could figure out how to sell Downloads for say $200 it would happen, maybe, anyway.
user picture

Member for

13 years 5 months

I just busted into the box this morning. Hopefully tonight I can begin the process of ripping the discs and scanning the artwork. I'll post the link when I have 'em ready. And here's a stupid silly observation, but I just have to ask: Why is it, that even though I order both Dave's Picks 2013 and this May 77 box set on the first day, my limited edition numbers are among the last one thousand? Does anybody out there get limited edition numbers in the first one thousand? I mean, if it's truly random, you think I'd catch a low number (in the first three thousand) once in a while, but every single one has been relatively high.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 8 months

I feel your pain cbs73.I always order on the first day and usually get a very high number.But am extremely happy with the cd sets that are offered by dead.net.I wish the allman brothers would take a lesson from the Dead on releasing archival recordings!
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

I followed your instructions and the correct information appeared on DHL. It is the first time I'm not desperate about having a GD box set delivered, but I'm sure I will enjoy it when it reaches its destination.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

I may be missing something, but the images are rectangular which wont' fit into the cover art space which is square ...
user picture

Member for

13 years 9 months

Thanks The Weve. I didn't realize that the artwork didn't have the date on it. That worked just fine.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

How does this release sound? Any patches or noticeable patches?I also order these early and get a very high number. I realy do not care about the number but it is strange. Would assume this is random.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 8 months

I usually get a pretty high number too, even with limited, boxed sets by other bands. Sometimes if it's a REALLY obscure band I'll get a low number - not the case here. Will find out when I get home tonight what number I drew. Eep!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Arrived today! I'm very happy with the sound quality, really sounds great. I usually get a high number too, I was surprised to get #1323, nice. I'll be listening all summer all the way through Days In Between. Very pleased with the quality releases we are receiving. Super thanks to all involved. Now the only question is, what's next? Peace
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I wish they would too. I think that they must not have any. Restored shows with Duane would be amazing to hear. The archive releases they had put out are good, but far from the quality we get from the GD. Maybe I'm wrong, hope I am and we do get some.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

Do you also get a digital download when you order the boxed set? I would love the boxed set, but don't want to wait!
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Starting with first show so far I'm very impressed with the sound quality, everybody is clear and sweet. Thanks to all involved as well. From Betty to Jeffery who would have thought 36 years ago could sound so good! If your on the fence about this one don't hesitate! Packaging is cool too Driving out to Telluride Bluegrass Festival next week, the 20 hour ride is going to be a breeze now!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

For those number counting I think these are pulled at random with no rhyme or reason. I ordered this within the first few minutes and even with 3500 left I received # 14,281 :-) The packaging is very cool and the best to date. As for sound, I started with Chicago 5/12 and while it is excellent I would not say it is the best sounding release ever. Perhaps the other shows are a notch up from this.... Still great but not exceptional. As with all the official releases the mix is really fantastic. Listening to an intricate cassidy now and can hear every trickle of the keys and strum of bob's guitar. Vocals are clear as well. Sound actually has a bit of the echoey hall feeling. Very psyched to have this and will be listening to as much as possible over the next few days. How about January '78 for a release or box??
user picture

Member for

16 years

For one hundred bucks I expect PDFs of the artwork and the links on this page indicate that you will get the artwork with the download. Besides the downloads are not tagged. 111 useless files untagged and numbered from 1 to 111. Clearly a total screwup, especially since I could have downloaded this set from one of several torrent sites tagged correctly with scans of the artwork for free. I feel like a sucker and I want my money back.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

I've never gotten a low number, even though I've ordered just about every limited set on day 1. As for shipping, I'm in the UK, and DHL shows mine being in Des Plaines, Il, since 6/6. I got an email on the 11th saying it was shipped. I hope I'll get it; I still haven't gotten Dave's Picks 6, following a messy kerfuffle where UPS asked me to pay twice the cost of the discs in "duties" and other fees. I refused, it was sent back, then reshipped by "normal" mail, but I'm still waiting. Sigh. You know, if anyone from Rhino is reading, you have a UK subsidiary, and you could ship to the EU much more easily by sending stuff en masse to the UK, then shipping from there. It'd be cheaper for use in terms of duties, and it'd probably cost you less to ship that way. Just saying...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

If they're not tagged, that really sucks. They should be doing a lot better than that.
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

and I started with the 1st show. Unlike some I had never heard this before and I must say I am mightily impressed-the playing by the band is amazing and the mix and sound quality are wonderful. Betty said she wanted to put you in the middle of the band and she sure did. The sound is detailed also with every nuance there. I like the quirky approach to the box art-this is certainly, to my eyes, new art territory which moves away from the usual cliches. very cool! I haven't read the book yet as i was multitasking while I listened but a glance at revealed what looks to be a promising take on all this. Happy to have some notes in there by the inestimable Blair Jackson-I miss his input to this forum. Hey stop the crankiness-this is mana from GD heaven. May they continue to put this level of attention to detail into these releases for the fans. Next on the radar-Jerry Garcia Live, Vol 2, with Bela Fleck-I can't wait for this either.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Well, I've only been listening since last night, but I'm mightily impressed. I started with the U of A show, since I just got back from visiting my Mom, there. What an excellent show. Garcia's jamming on Wharf Rat, in particular, is sublime. I guess I haven't listened to a whole lot of 5/77 before (beyond Cornell, obviously), because I was floored by how "on" the band sounds throughout these shows. I'm more of a 1969 or 1973 lover of 30+ minute Dark Stars and Other Ones. But it's really good to hear these releases in such good quality sound. Thanks to GDM for bringing us more great stuff from the Vault.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

The sound quality on this set is excellent. Ditto the performances. The artwork is cool, and a nice change of pace. The cd sleeves are by FAR the best paper holders I've seen. A great improvement over all other GD releases that I have. If they re-released all the E72 sleeves with this new and improved version, I'd buy 'em. My only gripe is the odd sizing. I can live with the odd sized exterior box and booklet, but it's nice to have the actual musical content packaged in a conventional size so the discs can be stored on regular old cd shelves (like the E72 box). The packaging on these various releases is cool and all, but not particularly functional once the novelty wears off. My vote is for the 11/73 and 6/77 format -- a box, enough surface space for cool artwork and booklets, and entirely functional.
user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

i have not yet listened to any of the discs. they all imported into iTunes without fail. however, the last disc in my Tuscaloosa book slides around, because they did not glue the seams together. its not a huge deal, but i can't imagine i'm the only one to experience this issue. ---
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

Now that is a legit gripe, mayor. I hope they fix the untagged tracks in the near future and make this right for you. Getting the 111 tracks in order would be a pain-- "OK, this sounds like the 5/12 Estimated...." As I wrote, I am waiting on downloading-- hopefully they get the glitches out.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

please post the technical details so we can address the problem. mayormarion, we're showing that your refund for the download went through as of Tuesday June 11. If for some reason you have not received it, please contact customer service, as they will be glad to make sure that you do. Thank you.
user picture

Member for

16 years

But customer service says they know nothing about a refund. I would like to clear this up so I can order a physical box set while there are a few left.
user picture

Member for

16 years

But customer service says they know nothing about a refund. I would like to clear this up so I can order a physical box set while there are a few left. Edit: They finally came through and now I placed an order for the psychical box set. This was the first time I waited for the downloads, because I don't listen to CDs anymore. In fact, I don't have a CD player, but I guess I will borrow a friend's PC so I can rip these myself. Dead.net, please get the download situation and make it a priority. CDs are on the way out and downloads have taken over. Include proper tagging and pdf scans of the artwork and you have a product that is almost pure profit.
user picture

Member for

14 years 5 months

Man, that "Comes A Time" on 5/12 sure rips your heart out, doesn't it? What a sweet way to wander into the weekend...
user picture

Member for

11 years 10 months

WOW! Just got mine from UPS... Had to wait an extra day 'cause I missed the delivery yesterday. Boy, that was a hard day to wait. Got home from work today, and popped in disc 1 from May 11, 1977, and HOLY COW! I have to use swear words to describe how GOOD this sounds: F-ing OUTSTANDING! You can truly hear every detail in GORGEOUS, RICH, dare I say, SUMPTUOUS, sound. A feast for the ears. I am thoroughly impressed by this release -- the sound, the playing, and man, that artwork is simply that, a work of art. i am going to take my time and enjoy this release nice and slow. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon.
user picture

Member for

11 years 10 months

Sorry for the double post.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 7 months

Mine just showed up. Four tracks into May 11th and I'm blown away by the sound! I wasn't fortunate enough to ever see them live (these shows are older than me by a few months) but this is by far the closest I've come to feeling like I'm there. Almost didn't pull the trigger on this one because of a baby on the way but so glad I did. Going to be a good weekend.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 7 months

Sorry, double post here too.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 7 months

So what happened to the rap about "I need a scrip man!" "This man is too fast he needs four hundred and fifty" part of the rap on 5/13 before Music Never Stopped?And that's my only complaint. The box set is outstanding! But was there a conscious edit here or tape flaw?
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Holy smokes! A blistering 5/11 Big River. On top of their game fo sure!
user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

Just got it and loving it already. Not surprised. But the Scarlet>Fire from the first show is explosive and mellow at the same time. Love it.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

The Shows from just before The "Famous" Barton Hall on 5-8-77 to after the Hollywood Sportatorium "The Barton Killer" 5-22-77 are all inclusively part of the most epic, amazing run in the band's history. Yeah, there are great shows, magnificent tours, and incredible tunes and jams out of just about every era, but May 77 has my heart. I was able to do the Atlanta, Lakeland, Hollywood part of that tour, selling merchandise (wink, wink, nod, nod, cough) and now I can experience the shows that came the 5 nights before. An outstanding job guys. I'm loving it. P.S. I waited for the downloads, saved $40, don't need all that fancy stuff gathering dust on the shelf. The download itself went very smoothly with no problems. Traders Little Helper turns them into wav files to burn to disk using Nero. Got the flac copy, a wav copy, CD copy, and loading them into my iPod. I think this show is safe!!!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Wow, I’m still very glad I’m a Deadhead, box # 2838 arrived save and sound in Tampa this week, very very impressed with the design. Being an architect, I truly appreciate the three dimensional spatial, well thought out graphic design, with everything tied together, kind of like May ’77, just exactly perfect. It is very special and hopefully we don’t succumb to the all digital realm; this box set truly is a piece of art. I was young and fortunate to see the New Haven show a week before the start of this box set and then the tour finale in Hartford. There really is no let down from the grand triad, Boston, Cornell & Buffalo, (hopefully someday officially released), with the St. Paul stop, (also met her accidently in St. Paul in ’82). St. Paul is strong, powerful, and as well executed as every other May ’77 show I have heard and that’s just the first of five. Praise be the powers that keep this stuff coming, keep up the great work. Thank you.
user picture

Member for

12 years 5 months

...has landed! Arrived today, actually I got 2 packages, the Phish box set arrived at the same time, Omen or what? 6 CDs, $36, you cant beat it! Gonna be a great weekend, Happy Father's Day to all you fellow dads!! As far as numbers go, I've gotten low numbers the last 2 releases. 1675/13,000 for Dave's Picks 6, 1963/15,000 for May '77. Awesome packaging, my only complaint is the big scratch on CD 1 for St. Paul, the others look O.K. I don't care as long as it plays. I'm starting with the 2 Chicago shows though, those are my favorites. Take care all, I've got some rocking to do! :)))) P. S. Thanks Dave and all involved! Keep 'em coming!! P.S.S. As I'm listening to 5/12 as I write this, sound is freakin' awesome!!!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

Hey Klaussmith; et. al.. Downloads? Yes, when necessary but there is nothing like the 'real thing,'the physical media to hold and marvel at. This BoxSet is as hot as Olivia Newton John in her prime! Now there's is something you do not see every day: Olivia Newton John's name in a Grateful Dead thread! But hey, the Good Ole' GD even went disco for two weeks around "Go to Heaven." Physical, physical is the best way to go if you can spend the money and this May 77 is continuing proof of it. I am impressed, and if an architect is impressed with the design, then all the better. #3065 arrived in New York City today and I find it an absolute beauty to behold. The sound is spectacular so very special thanks to all involved, both back then and now. I look forward to the next release and Furthur at the Barclay's Center in July. God Bless Bob! Heal brother, Heal! You will 'slam-dunk' this summer!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

Does someone need to show mom/dad or grandpa/grandma how to use the computer again?
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

The box arrived on Thursday, and I was able to crack it open late last night. The LE numbering fates granted me #820! Amazing! IMHO, the box itself is a very cool departure from the typical CD box sets. My first show was at NYC's Palladium later on this tour, so this era is very special to me. The concert sound is truly exceptional; detailed with a very realistic soundstage - for those that speak Audiophile. I really felt transported back to that place so long ago! Fantastic job guys!!
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

My box arrived last night. I was watching for the UPS truck all day! It was too late to crank up the tunes but I sat and read the complete booklet and highly enjoyed it. It helps me to remember just what it was like 36 years ago. After all, I forget that some of these tunes, like Passenger, had never been played before in concert. I was at the second show of this tour, Springfield, MA., that was a couple of weeks before these shows. But that one was excellent as well and we got a great Scarlet > Fire and Estimated Profit. That tune instantly entered by Top 10 GD songs and remains there today. So it was good to remember that it was new at the time of these shows. The box and cd cases are beautiful for sure. Would I have preferred them to be a bit smaller, like the Winterland boxes, sure, but you can't please everyone. I would rather have Rhino err on the side of too much instead of too little. I listened to the St. Paul show today and it is banging! I will listen to these in chronological order and would not even consider listening to them any other way. After all, isn't that the idea of this release? Total cost to me with shipping & taxes was $161. I think it was well worth it! I realize that not everyone cannot afford that much, but if you can, it is money well spent. I have bought everything that is released except for the E72 which I just could not afford at the time. I think we Heads should be very Grateful for all of the music that Rhino & DL are making available. If you do not want to buy a particular release, pass on it, but do not then complain to everyone about it. Take what you want and leave what you don't. Me? I'll take everything I can afford. I am a 70's fan for sure but I love Brent and I hope the next box is something in the 80's to please those folks and to mix it up a bit. Rock on!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

I just started listening to this beautiful set. I think everyone who has dived into this has realized who this Jeffrey Norman guy is. He is the right man for the job. Sounds incredible to my ears. This has made my summer and will be played all summer long. Good choice Dave. Release all of 77, and while you are at it release all of 70, and 71, and 72, and 73, and 74, and 76, and 78 and have that Jeffrey Norman guy master them.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

For some reason no CD TEXT on 77 box set. ( nr last Dave's pick). All other boxes and most all Dicks and Dave's picks had CD NAME and All CD TRACKS burned into cd. Is it just my 77 Box set? If not why would they do this?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

For some reason no CD TEXT on 77 box set. ( nr last Dave's pick). All other boxes and most all Dicks and Dave's picks had CD NAME and All CD TRACKS burned into cd. Is it just my 77 Box set? If not why would they do this?
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

I remember hearing an old joke on "Car Talk" about Tuscaloosa Alabama. The punchline had something to do with elephants and how their "tusks are looser" in Alabama. Anyhoo, I am mesmerized by this show. Surely, surely this is the greatest show from 1977 !(?).
user picture

Member for

16 years 2 months

i'm glad i got this box. I have listened to St. Paul show so far-3 times! I will get to the next ones but I am really loving this show. Sound and mix are absolutely tremendous. Thanks to all involved in bringing this to reality.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 5 months

Best Father's Day present ever.#9292 arrived Friday - all tracks ripped and artwork scanned (I actually scanned the inside sleeve which contained the show date and location). I am through the first 3 shows so far and all I can say is kudos to all involved with this project! The sound is great and the energy is infectious. Thanks to Dave for the individual show videos - coupled with Blair's liner notes you really get a sense of just how special this run of shows truly is. Only down point is very minor, but I have the same issue as Patagonian Fox with the last Tuscaloosa disc. All in all though,this box is worth every penny!
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

On to 5/17/77 I mentioned previously the sound on 5/12 was lacking a bit and maybe was due to the hall... Well 5/17 is a thing of beauty. Sound is perfect and love that you can hear the audience clearly between tracks. The Half-Step is a monster and Jerry is in rare form. Scarlet > Fire also fantastic and you can hear the power that Jerry and the band are putting into this performance. So... So... Good! A Happy Father's Day indeed!
user picture

Member for

14 years 2 months

Happy Father's Day all. Enjoy your day, enjoy this wonderful sounding box set and do it outside if possible. (~):E
user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

So far I have only listened to 5/11 and 5/12....I'm savoring and taking it slow. What an incredible release. What can I say? I just love 1977 GD. Thus far the sound on 5/11 is astounding and 5/12 is no slouch either, except that 5/12 has a degree of inconsistency in spots. I love the fact that you can really hear Bobby in this mix. It really heightens the awareness of just how underrated a guitar player Bobby was back then. On 5/12, particularly love his little China Cat tease on the opening of Bertha. Very difficult little riffs indeed. This is great stuff. Moving on to 5/13 today. Happy Father's Day !!
product sku