- November 25, 2020 - 6:00amHenryClineJoined:November 17, 2009ISO these shows for download?
I am trying to track down the show I loved as a teen via cassette. It was 69, 70 or 71 and Sittin On Top of the World was at the height of the jam. It was part of a segue and I believe also included The Other One. VERY high intensity. From what I can find, it is probably one of these shows. But they most are not available for download from the Internet Archive. Is there another avenue to download these shows?
12/10/71 Fox Theatre - St. Louis, MO
10/22/71 Auditorium Theater - Chicago, IL
04/21/69 The Ark - Boston, MA
1969-08-29 Family Dog at the Great Highway
1969-04-15 The Music Box
- October 23, 2020 - 5:54amrasta5ziggyJoined:November 27, 201730 Days
I am so stoked for November's 30 Days of Dead. My batting average for correct answers is low, but always enjoy the chase.
- September 14, 2020 - 5:17pmcraig.valenz@g…Joined:August 31, 2020Hi! What's the best place to…
Hi! What's the best place to find / watch a past live G Dead show / concert? Youtube? I rented a large projector screen and sound system for my g/f's birthday. Trying to give her some semblance of a Dead concert experience.
- August 20, 2020 - 9:21amk258Joined:March 30, 20181989 T-shirt Identification
I'm wondering if anyone recognizes this t-shirt image. It's labeled "©1989 Big Pig Publications, Boulder, CO 80306 7123" I found it among my deceased brother's Grateful Dead shirts but can't figure out if there is a direct relationship. Google comes up empty. Any ideas?
- August 7, 2020 - 7:10amvbordenJoined:August 7, 2020Garcia on UFOs/Aliens
I just heard a Jerry quote on SiriusXM Days Between programming that went something like, "[UFO’s and Aliens] are part of the ecology; they are the carrot and stick in front of the mule of our consciousness." Does anyone have either a link to the interview or know the fuller quote?
- June 16, 2020 - 12:02pmDead_in_Wood_GreenJoined:June 16, 2020R. D. Laing & The Dead--Did they meet on stage? Any details?
Hope you're well.
I've read in various places on the Net that The Dead shared a stage at some point with the radical psychiatrist R. D. Laing, who was a massive figure in the counterculture of the 60s and 70s. But I've never come across details of the encounter or a reliable source.
If The Dead met Laing, and shared a stage with him, when and where was it? I'd love to find out. Not only do I love The Dead but I'm also a researcher writing about R. D. Laing... if anyone could help me, I'd be super-grateful.
Would love to hear, too, if any of the band ever mentioned Laing in interviews. They'd have known of the books The Politics of Experience (1967) and Knots (1970), I'm sure. Laing, as I said, was big. E.g. in 1972 he gave a lecture at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium and sold the place out a couple of weeks after Bowie had done the same. Can you imagine a psychiatrist doing that today?
Here's hoping someone can help me here.
Thanks for reading.
- March 20, 2020 - 9:29pminsectsurferJoined:March 20, 2020Who did poster art for Dead & Co, Jun 2017, Boulder , CO?
Who did poster art for Dead & Co, Jun 2017, Boulder , CO? Amazing dragonfly graphic ( and funny 'Fire on The Mtn' background !!
- October 28, 2019 - 7:08amZantedschiaJoined:September 11, 2019I'm looking for the concert…
I'm looking for the concert where they played 'Attics of my Life' acoustic, but you could kind of hear the music from the ear piece. I heard it on the GD channel on xm, years ago. I cannot remember what concert it was from. Just thought I'd come here. Hugs!
- October 8, 2019 - 4:46pmmbstearsmanJoined:October 4, 2019Jerry Garcia Band Poster
I bought a poster that I am sure is a repro, but it has a number and a signature in pencil. It is from a 1980 show that the JGB recorded live. I can't find a comparison anywhere. Anyone here a poster expert? Thanks.
- September 25, 2019 - 11:28ambiffwebsterjrJoined:September 25, 2019Tie Dyed Mardi Gras shirt
I'm trying to figure out if this shirt has any value.
It's a blue tie dyed 1995 Oakland Mardi Gras shirt. I've found the white version of this online going for $200-250 but barely a mention of the tie dyed one.
I inherited this one so I know nothing about it.
Can anyone help? I can't post photos, can I?