• 136 replies
    admin
    Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA 11/10/67 Vinyl

3-LP Set
    180-gram Vinyl
    Limited Edition of 6700
    Mixed and mastered by Jeffrey Norman from the 8-track analog master tapes
    Mastered by Grammy-winning engineer David Glasser
    Features era-defining tunes "Viola Lee Blues" & "That's It For The Other One" plus an explosive "Alligator>Caution" jam!

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • scottangel
    Default Avatar
    Just got this in the mail today. This post is mostly redundant cuz i am just going to state what has already been posted many times here already. 1. I can't believe this hasn't sold out already. 2. The sound quality is stunning I do find it interesting that this is one of the few releases here that don't include a tracklist in the description. You can easily find it online but thought i would include it here anyways. 1. Viola Lee Blues (15:58) side A 2. It Hurts Me Too (4:18) 3. Beat It On Down The Line (3:50) side B 4. Morning Dew (7:39) 5. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl (10:55) 6. Thats It For The Other One (12:04) side C I. Cryptical Envelopment II. The Other One I. Cryptical Envelopment 7. New Potato Caboose (11:36) side D 8. Alligator (11:01) side E 9. Caution (beginning) (4:15) 10. Caution (conclusion) (20:31) side F
  • icecrmcnkd
    Stunning. Sounds amazing.
  • daverock
    Brilliant release. Everything about it is top draw from the packaging up to the sound and the incredible music. It starts well, with a jammy Viola Lee Blues, passes on through some well played and sung blues to the acid rock of the Other One and New Potato Caboose-and then leaves the stratosphere completely with Alligator and Caution. A superlative show!
  • daverock
    Me, too. I haven't collected much vinyl over recent years-but this is essential! As is 2nd May 1970, which I have also ordered.
  • SFBobzilla
    Default Avatar
    Just ordered. looking forward to listening
  • stoltzfus
    i'd buy this QUICK.
  • stoltzfus
    not levgardium levioSAH
  • wilfredtjones
    They didn't put this art on a t-shirt and sell it.
  • Lovemygirl
    ...I still cannot believe this release hasn't sold out yet.The audio/LP is PRIMO!!!
  • TouchOfGrey94
    Default Avatar
    This has been released on CD and digital in the 30 Trips Around The Sun box set. We're lucky to be able to get the individual show outside that set at all. Same goes for 4/25/77.
user picture

Member for

17 years 2 months

Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA 11/10/67 Vinyl

3-LP Set
180-gram Vinyl
Limited Edition of 6700
Mixed and mastered by Jeffrey Norman from the 8-track analog master tapes
Mastered by Grammy-winning engineer David Glasser
Features era-defining tunes "Viola Lee Blues" & "That's It For The Other One" plus an explosive "Alligator>Caution" jam!

user picture

Member for

12 years 6 months

economics is a branch of philosophy. i don't equate dead.net's business practices with good economics. a degree in economics is quite different than a degree in accounting or finance. the two aspects of economics that influenced me most during my studies were externalities & utility functions. as for david bowie... i love david bowie. my point was dave lemieux's birthday greeting to him made me nauseated, because i envision dave lemieux only listening to changesbowie (a greatest hits album). yes, it was an uncalled for shot at dave lemieux, but i seriously doubt he cares what i think. believe it or not, i'm actually a chilled person most of the time, although i have been known to go ballistic if something sets me off. perhaps i use the internet to vent my frustration far too often, but where else can you say what you really think? if i talked to people in person the way i talk on the computer i'd probably have 2 permanent black eyes and zero friends. ----
user picture

Member for

10 years 6 months

I'd rather listen to Phil's liver.
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

to those that want it. I'm not into vinyl. I have Live Dead and the first GD album framed in my rock and roll den but I stick with cd's for listening. That being said this is an important show and I'm glad it's being offered on vinyl. I am sure it sounds amazing on a nice hifi. Kudos to TPTB for continuing to put out awesome stuff for the fans to buy( or not ). It's a real blessing to be a fan of the Dead and still be receiving these ageless treasures.
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

How dare they release an amazing show like this on vinyl when it was already available on CD and USB as part of a box set they only release Keith S&^T for the Dave's Picks ----- So AGAIN --- HOW DARE THEY release 4/25/77 on Vinyl for Record Store Day when it was also available on CD and USB as part of a box set. I swear --- if they only had a little f&^^%^n variety. How dare they try to turn a profit for work that a lot of people did. P.S. jrf68 is hilarious and I'm really glad they are releasing this (and 4/25/77) on vinyl. and FYI (for someone who may not know whats happening in the world) there are people selling individual shows from the 30 Trips box on eBay --- and Dead dot Net paid me to say all of this. How else could afford all the stuff they release?
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Your sarcasm just makes you sound immature. Why so protective of the corporation?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

almost bought this and i don't even have a record player - the show is just that good.
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

I don't care... ...at least I'm grateful for the copious amounts of music this band (and the TPTB) have produced. What's already out there is enough to last a lifetime, everything else is just icing.
user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

Hmm:The Doors – Live At The Aquarius Theater: The First Performance 3-LP set on 180-gram clear vinyl Individually numbered limited edition of 5,000 copies, $34.98 A limited CD release of a 60s superstar group in concert repressed to 3 LPs as a limited edition: $35! from Rhino, too! for more of Rhino's non-GDM pricing: http://theseconddisc.com/2016/03/09/rhino-unveils-record-store-day-line… There certainly are other 3 LP releases being priced in the $70 range these days, but it is not the only path being taken by music marketers. I am still hoping to acquire a GDM CD or D/L release of this superwondeful show. Have an excellent soundboard transfer already, but would love to upgrade. Any elderly and infirm possessors of a 30T box looking for a portly, balding, short poolboy?
user picture

Member for

11 years 11 months

The pricing on some of these GD & other specific artists (that means you Neil Young) LP releases are simply way too high. It's nice for the artists to pick up a new stream of revenue but these list prices border on the side of being outrageous. And a lot of the younger people in their 20's & 30's that are just discovering vinyl and building a collection, are going to simply pass these releases by cause of the price alone which is a shame. Heck you can buy a decent turntable for the price of the recent GD Cow Palace LP or the Neil Young live Bluenotes release.
user picture

Member for

9 years 3 months

lol, do you know how stupid you sound, when you complain the Dead are charging too much for vinyl, state that they've made their money, and then deny that you're looking for a handout? Of course you're looking for a handout, or at least implying that the Dead should be offering handouts, right? Because you SAID they're charging too much, and you SAID they've made their money, and it was in regard to what you referred to as an overpriced item. Maybe I don't read between the lines as well as a seasoned economist like yourself - but I don't think that's true at all, I just don't think you meant to sound like an entitled brat. In fact, I don't even think you're an economist. I would think a real economist would speak a little bit more factually about the price of music on a music website where the prices are posted. But you do not. I believe you tried to make it sound like this website and this band charge different prices for different eras of music, but I don't really see any evidence of that. Dave's Picks pricing is the same for all eras, so is Road Trips, and all of the box sets run around the same price per CD. I don't know the politics of the Grateful Dead, but who says one cannot have liberal bias and a desire for money? Only someone who understands neither politics nor economics. And you know what? My patagonian fox is WAY cooler than your patagonian fox, so suck this.
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

that's some damn expensive icing lol. What's it made of, lsd? Of course dead.net paid you, why else would you say that you are soooo grateful for this release. No one said they weren't grateful, just tired of getting ripped off by tptb and the surviving band members. I gotta agree with mpace, you must be a youngin. Oh wait, I don't care. If you read the latest posts, you will see that this release is double what other artists are charging, so perhaps you should do some research before you post, if that's possible, but really, I don't care cause I'm so grateful for tptb for ripping us off and I can't wait till they do it again. Laugh out loud real hard. Grateful dead are now taking a big page out of P T Barnum's book, never give a sucker an even break, especially a young one.
user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

I can't stop laughing at your ridiculous post, got your little boy panties in a bunch do you? Man, that pfox sure got your goat. My pfox is better than yours, hilarious.
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

Learn how to read...nothing I said had anything to do with price...but last time I checked, no one is forcing you to buy anything. Its too bad that there are lots of Grateful Dead Videos on Youtube and literally thousands of recordings on Archive.org... I will say again...whats already out there is enough to last a lifetime.. so buy whats available, or take what's free... and pretty please, do some research before you post, if that's possible. and for anyone who thinks we're getting ripped off with this release...this is a 3LP set -- $23.37 per disc --- If you have bought new/180 Gram vinyl recently, that is a fair price for anything that is halfway in demand (and limited edition)...that is if you've been to a record store in the last 10 years..geezers MaryE -- This board is in desperate need of your magic touch...
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

I don't have a turntable so this one is just water off a duck's back to me. Don't wanna pay, don't buy it. It's already out there. Peace and love y'all, and pick up a little trash on your way out.
user picture

Member for

9 years 3 months

Of course I'm not serious, they're practically the same picture. What are you talking about, when you say "this release is double what other artists are charging, so perhaps you should do some research before you post, if that's possible" You're just kidding, right? You've actually done your own research before calling someone out, right? I think not; otherwise you would know that a 3 record set of 180 gram vinyl at 23 bucks a disc is what this Shrine release is going for. Go to Barnes & Noble or soundstagedirect web site, and note that they're selling single 180 gram vinyl discs for 25 - 30 bucks per disc, which makes a 3 disc set go for about 75 - 90 bucks, which makes this beautiful shiny release from my good friends at Rhino, the Grateful Dead and the good folks at dead.net a little bit cheaper than you can get other classic rock band LPs for. You're not too bright I can see that...but please, do not denigrate and besmirch these good people for providing a public service. But I would be less concerned about the cost of vinyl if I were you, and focus more, perhaps, on some remedial classes at the local community college in reading comprehension and arithmetic.
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Some nasty little children here... Go on home your Rhino is calling you. Doesn't matter how many grams its probably going to be made in some sweat shop to maximize profit and most likely the first shipment will be warped. Nice little plan to extend the music past the limited edition garbage - I'm sure the diligent corporate soldier who thought of that one got a little trophy to put on their desk. And what you don't like an opinion that goes against your own so you call the moderator to erase it? Sounds like someone can't take what they dish out- The new dead.net fascism, love it.
user picture

Member for

12 years 9 months

Mine says made in USA and isn't warped sorry to burst your bubble. And who said anything about erasing comments? MaryE often gets on and tells people to play nice... In my 4 years of being on here, I've very rarely seen her delete comments and they were a lot worse than your pathetic rants. I like how you assume things to further provoke a ridiculous argument. whatever helps you sleep at night, i guess and for all I care, she can delete my comments...because people like you bring out the worst in people like me, people who are so nauseous from stupidity its impossible to sit idly by and have something they deeply love be dragged through the mud just because there is a price tag. parasite of greed? Seriously? Its just a business, plain and simple.
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

My point was that it is bad business. Its bad business to constantly screw the faithful customers.But you know I'm kind of glad they are doing what they do because after you don't get the first big box its easier to keep saying no to high cost and find alternatives. But to your comment - what is it that you truly love that is getting dragged through the mud because of there is a price tag? It can't be the reasonable sustaining live and let live commerce of the old dead scene - thats not here It can't be the "for the people" rep of the band - yeah thats definitely no more So is it the music itself. Ok yeah thats getting dragged through the mud but not by me or others who criticize the PTB, its the PTB themselves who have chosen to charge a ridiculous price tag (compare the same product here and say Amazon, or even other Rhino releases), create limited editions, refuse to restock and resell rights to other makers who will then charge higher prices (dicks picks). Doing all of this because they know they can prey upon the attachment a deadhead has to the music and desire to get the best quality of what they love. Why would you defend that? Why not at least express disdain for the way they are doing business so hopefully one day when the purchasing volume goes down they can make some concessions? Hey you have your opinion - thats cool, not going to be hypocritical. But that doesn't allow you to go after anyone else who has a different opinion- especially in a nasty little way. Man the snarkyness is off the hook. I was being rude too and am sorry that I succumbed to that. Difference of opinion is good and getting others thoughts is good and can keep you from being blinded while you are getting screwed by a corporation. If that doesn't interest you and think everything is good here, fine - what did Zappa say? Keep it greasy...
user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

One of mine was deleted last week by MaryE. She informed me by PM, but it would be nice if some record of the deletion appeared in the comment thread. Reading the last few messages here made me think of that.Perhaps the original comment entry could remain, but with the comment content replaced by "Comment removed by moderator" or some similar message. The previous times I have followed threads where comments were deleted, the threads became disjointed and confusing. Revising the comment deletion process to leave a footprint would help maintain clarity...
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

If the cost of the Shrine record, which is a 3 record set, costs the same as 3 records from any other band, how are they screwing faithful customers? The Shrine set works out to 23 bucks a disc. I checked 4 bands on the website listed below (soundstagedirect), and they're all 25 - 30 bucks for 1 disc: The Who / Who's Next (1LP) $34.99 Rolling Stones / Sticky Fingers $24.99 Led Zeppelin IV / $24.99 The Beatles / Sgt. Pepper $22.99 The price of these 1 LP classics average $27, and you multiply by 3 (because the Shrine show is a 3 LP set), you get $81, which is $11 MORE than the Shrine set. How is this a rip-off? What should the price be? 180 gram vinyl is this price everywhere.
user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

Let's see something NEW next RSD.
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

Interesting point was noted Seth, The Doors 3LP set (RSD2016 release) is priced at $35 - live show from 60's. Double the price of Grateful Dead Shrine show. What gives ? Both are limited, Doors actually more limited (5,000) copies. And its physically numbered, what a concept Rhino has take this approach with other releases and constantly excludes Limited edition numbering from packaging on numerous GD vinyl releases. That is my number 1 complaint !!!!! Both Shrine and the Doors show are available in other formats, so it's not like the GD Shrine show is exclusive to vinyl, which in my opinion would make it cost more. So it's pretty obvious the folks at Rhino think the Grateful Dead stuff commands a higher price tag even without some of the bells and whistles the other products almost always have. Other comparisons can be made - these are other Rhino releases that will come out for RSD Monkees have a 10LP set for RSD priced at $135,, lol I think it was last year the Spring 90 Branford show was at like $130 in some places,, and that was a 5 LP with one side as an etching. The pricing on that one was so whacky Fleetwood Mac - Studio album - 2LP -$35 Grateful Dead - 30 Trips 1977 show - 4LP - $80 I'm sure I could pull a bunch more examples, but it appears as if the GD stuff Rhino has a hand in is there crown jewel and they are not parting with it for cheap.
user picture

Member for

15 years 10 months

This is one freaking hot show, whether on vinyl or CD or any other format. Listen to the music play.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Please stop with the insult-slinging. TOS aside, it's not exactly the civility for which Dead Heads are usually notable. It would be quite remarkable for any two Dead Heads to agree on everything; I've sure never seen it. Multiply that by about two million, and it becomes a matter of getting along, not figuring out ways to beat up/gang up on the people you don't agree with about something that would seriously mystify an outside observer. If Dead.net has done you wrong, send me a PM. If you and someone else really want to carry on your feud, take it offline. Thank you. And now, back to the Shrine.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

This is a known balancing act. Spam posts and obvious malfunctions (like six of the same post) aside, I've probably deleted a couple of posts a year on average and tend to deal with them pretty individually. In some situations, posting a notice that a comment's been removed functions more or less to pour gasoline on the flames, which is suboptimal. If you notice a post of yours disappearing, let me know. Sometimes they get stuck in a moderation queue for no apparent reason; the anti-spam filter is doing a pretty good job of keeping spam away, but it guesses wrong sometimes. Thanks.
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

From what was recently said it looks like the price is being placed higher than other album releases from the same label (Rhino). But to be upfront I am not an expert on different types of albums 180 grams etc... My main beef if the limited edition cd set and then through language release single shows as albums. I feel that is underhanded/bad business because we can all agree this music is special to us and as a collector its really difficult to walk away when you know that there will not be a single or era selection from the big box. I guess I have been on both sides where I gave up the money for E72 and then individual shows were released. And then could not justify the money in this economy for the big box and now it looks like shows will not be released. Hey they have the right to do what they want, I understand that- but I think we should still call them out for being the pimps they are with music that means so much to us. Hell its not even the price because I can eventually save to get it over time- but its the get it now garbage that is just sad. Yeah I know they didn't charge the card till months later, but it takes more than a year for some to get the budget to justify. End Rant - thanks for the vent.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 3 months

I rarely post comments on Dead.net but felt compelled after reading several comments in this and other sections of the website. It saddens me a great deal to read the many posts which are critical of the Dead organization in regard to the selection of vault releases and subsequent packaging and pricing involved. Many years ago, unless you were connected to a brother or sister who was a tape trader, there were precious few live/vault releases to be had. I remember a time when listening to live Dead music meant a choice between a handful of albums (Europe '72, Live/Dead, the Skull/Roses album, etc.) which were great but few in number. Over the past 20 years we have been blessed with having 36 Dick's Picks volumes, the Vault series, Dave's Picks, the Road Trips series, the multi-volume sets from '69, '72, '77, plus the multitrack series (e.g., the recent spring '90 release "Eyes of the World"), and many many more. I for one feel thankful that the band and the organization has taken the time to organize, preserve, and gradually release so much great music. To be frank, they aren't obligated to release anything. I think to be quibbling over packaging and pricing details among other similar issues is looking a gift horse in the mouth... Thank you Phil, Bobby, Billy, Mickey, and the Dead organization for allowing all of this great music to be released. Many of us have many great memories and vibes associated with this music, and the naysayers will not detract from that. I'm heading off now to the stereo room to listen to Dave's Picks 17, and I'm sure whatever comes out next will be great!
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I think I'll do the chronological program and listen to each Spring 1990 show on it's anniversary date starting with 3/14/90 (can't thank everyone who contributed enough for the miracle box!!! It gets a lot of mileage). I was listening to the 30 Trips box chronologically and made it through the '92 show so far this time around. I've been happy overall with what has been released, with the Dave's Picks series being the only area where the variety factor has been a sticking point with me. Hopefully volume 19 will mark the beginning a much needed change in direction for varieties sake.
user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

some hot stuff in there I would like an 83 on the DaP after 7/17/76
user picture

Member for

9 years 2 months

Thanks for the clarification :)
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 6 months

Does Dead.net have any gift cards that can be purchased or something? Got one of those $50 pre-paid visa card things as a birthday present, and as a cash strapped graduate student splitting this between a gift card and my own cash makes it hell of a lot more affordable. When I go to the checkout there doesn't appear an option to split between two cards and in a cursory look I can't seem to find any dead.net gift cards that I could convert things into and apply to combine for this.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 2 months

Quite a bit of anger with regards to pricing of GD music. While I understand the disappointment regarding the pricing of certain items, especially LPs, people need to remember that while the physical product of Grateful Dead music costs $$s, most of what is for sale is also available for free, both videos and music. It might not be legal to obtain a copy of something remixed and produced via the band itself, but the music is out there and in varied levels of quality. Soundboards, audience copies etc. In fact, GD music dominates all free streaming formats when compared to other bands. Also,if you are so inclined, GD music at lossless rates is easily found on the many different file sharing search sites. Oh, and of course, we can all remember, if old enough, how the Dead have literally gone out of their way to allow us access to all their shows FOR FREE. The high costs of LPs is not solely a Dead thing, nor is it strictly isolated to Rhino records. The music industry as a whole is trying to maximize as much $s as they can for a product they still believe no longer has the potential for high volume sales. I've seen some comparisons here of different releases, one band's pricing vs another. Truth is, pricing of vinyl is all over the place and at times is definitely priced based on it's possible desirability or "cache?". Reissues climb in price because of their popularity and the term "limited release" is used quite frequently now just to justify the increased rate for a title. It's too bad but that's how things are. Talking to local record shop owners and seeing the ever increase in pricing, it sounds like there will be a full on campaign by the record companies to see exactly how much they can get from the public for new vinyl. Only way you can have a voice is by not buying it at certain prices. I for one am patient and persistent in waiting for price drops, sales and clearances. I managed to get Brookvales dp 4 release for under $50, the Hampton RSD release for under $30 and picked up One from the Vault for $25...all Brand new! Thankfully, especially with GD music, the music is still available FOR FREE! Let me repeat that last sentence for those that want to call the Dead sell outs because of their product pricing. All their music is and always has been available for free whether its in cassette, dat, or reel to reel format or, in a variety of downloading and streaming formats. This is fact BECAUSE of the bands itself and its music is even MORE available now because of today's technology.
user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

I was going to buy it, but you convinced me... That and I haven't played vinyl in close to ten years.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 6 months

I know you can vote with your feet and not buy - and was not going to comment until this morning when I saw the UK price for the RSD 2016 4lp Box Set of 25 April 77 posted on my local shops RSD List. It is listed at £112.99!!!!!! that is close to $160. The Doors RSD 3lp set is £31.99 by comparison ( which is similar in price to the Yes 3lp set culled from the "72 concerts, the recent FMac Live album etc) and then you campare to the TMR Vault subscription series delivered to your door (a much better idea btw) As a buyer of both Grateful Dead subscriptions and most big issues I still prefer vinyl and am pretty aware of relative prices of 180gm re-issues and consequently think the UK price is just plain unfair and appears to me to be very hard to justify - I feel as though we are being taken for a ride.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 2 months

That's more than double the cost for what it is being advertised at in the US. Are you sure it's not just your local shop's pricing? I'm in Canada and have seen big differences in pricing from one shop to another in terms of RSD releases. Same thing with Dead stuff. It's tough enough getting decent pricing here on regular vinyl. Is that usually the pricing in the UK for Dead vinyl?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 1 month

Splurge, I made my mind up to hold back from the vinyl purchases a few days ago, a record retailer I have done business with does not bother stocking some of this over priced vinyl as he can,t add enough markup on it himself, and take the risk of not selling it for months. It is down to personal choice, it's buyers who are willing to pay the high prices that perpetuate the ever rising costs. Just look at ebay someone recently spent £200+ on a Dave's Picks Vol 1, unsealed and used, you can listen to this on the internet archive for considerably less. Well, that's my gripe of the day is done with. Rock N Roll.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 6 months

The record shop in question is an honourable one and is very straight and resonable with prices. As for high priced High Quality vinyl - I am realy pleased that the Dead are doing vinyl re-issues and am happy to pay the going rate for HQ re-issues - I also know I can walk away and not buy - freedom of choice - but then I also think it is fair to make my observation that the recent Dead Vinyl re-issues are more highly priced than most.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 2 months

...If the plan really is to charge more than double what is already a steep price for a 4 disc set. Too bad the GD productions couldn't invest in a record plant. Might reduce costs and maybe make MORE shows available on vinyl! I'm sure it would pay for itself after 3-4 pressings. Could really open up the band's repertoire. Would love to see a reissue of Bob's "Ace". With respects to pricing, from what I've been seeing here (Canada), it's not just Dead related stuff. I'm seeing a lot of very unreasonable pricing for vinyl re-issues. Single disc stuff for $28-32 US! Maybe the huge jump in turntable sales last year will have a positive effect on pricing. Then again, it's the same people that maintained cd prices so high for such a long time that are pulling the strings with vinyl. One thing is for sure. The narrow minded music execs have managed to increase the value of record shop's used stash all around the world.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 2 months

It's not as simple as just "opening" a pressing plant. Opening such a plant is incredibly, incredibly expensive. Nevermind that good equipment is exceptionally rare, and prohibitively expensive and time consuming to build. And then you have to factor in the guys who actually cut the masters. That in itself is a lost art. All those guys are going deaf, blind, and dead with few young guys to replace them. Investing all that money without a guarantee of quality product is a bad investment. I agree that more plants should be opening to lessen the bottleneck, but it's a massive risk to take. For everyone complaining about the price, it's worth noting there are copies on discogs & ebay for less than what dead.net is charging. Savings aren't massive, but $10 is $10 ...
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 2 months

Like I said too bad they COULDN'T invest in a record plant. Key words, INVEST and COULDN'T. Never said it would be an easy venture. Well aware of the difficulties. Having said that, records are being pressed in the strangest places, and with a hell of a lot less capital, know how and connections in the music production industry. New presses are being manufactured. People and businesses are investing in vinyl and its production. Read up on Josey records or Jack White's record label. Vinyl sales are increasing every year. Since it is a dying art, and vinyl is making a nice comeback, it would make sense to take advantage of the situation, find a press or two, and go from there. Doesn't have to be massive scale. Anyways, yeah definitely a huge task, but not a bad investment, nor is it much of a risk, not considering the demand there is for vinyl now.
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

I was in a Barnes and Noble over the weekend and found a copy of this. I didn't buy it but I was excited to hold it in my hands and inspect it. It's a gorgeous piece of art in my opinion. Seeing it on the internet doesn't really do it justice. I see stuff like this as a collectible. Like was mentioned further down if you want to just hear the music it's easily attainable in one form or another. This is something for the serious collector. I for one am glad that products like this are still being made. As more and more music stores close down and the joy of shopping for music in person is slowly taken away it's refreshing that stuff like this is still out there. Still can't understand why anyone would ever complain about any Dead release in any form. It's all treasure to me. I buy what I want and leave the rest for someone else. Like a box of rain!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 6 months

Despite my comments about prices in the UK it is a really nice release and sounds great - I didn't go for the 30 years box set so cannot provide a sonic comparison...but in my humble opinion good records still outshine CD's and while hi-rez dowloads close the gap sonically I still prefer records
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

I agree that, seeing it online, the album cover looks really nice. I bet the LP sounds great too.
user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

P.S. Not sure if I'm going to get a copy or not. It's expensive, but it's probably worth it, it you have the money.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 6 months

There s some questioning on deadessays.blogspot about whether the npc and alligator>caution is from 11/10 or 11/11. Those crazy 67 shows, no one has any idea about what's what it seems. I'm just glad we have more official 67, that is like the most confusing year in dead history but it's probably my fav. Even over 73 or 70. But that's me I like the mystery behind 67 and also the lack of history. It kinda sums up the whole "if you lived the 60s and remember it you didn't live the 60s" cliche. If I ever see this vinyl in real life I'll probably guilt trip myself into getting(like I did dp4)it otherwise I'm cool. I can't remember who but someone(actually 2 people)broke down the releases by year and I'm gonna throw a jab at you 80s and 90s people, which don't get me wrong I love too, so forgive me, 67 was the most under represented year. So until 67 gets a box quit your complaining. Just having fun don't attack me lol. In conclusion I just wanted to point out the 11/10 vs. 11/11 thing on alligator plus say some other silly things apparently. Peace, pot & microdot =)
user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

I'm really disappointed that this wasn't released as a stand-alone cd as well. I've listened to it many times on the Archive and the preformance is just mindblowingly good. So is the sound considering it's age. But I prefer music on cd, not least when it comes to liveshows and there's no way I will this much money for a vinyl album. Well, I'll just have buy that box set behemoth-thingie on ebay when I get my bonus this summer...
user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/lp/shrine-auditorium-los-angeles-ca-11-10-67-vinyl.html