• 136 replies
    admin
    Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA 11/10/67 Vinyl

3-LP Set
    180-gram Vinyl
    Limited Edition of 6700
    Mixed and mastered by Jeffrey Norman from the 8-track analog master tapes
    Mastered by Grammy-winning engineer David Glasser
    Features era-defining tunes "Viola Lee Blues" & "That's It For The Other One" plus an explosive "Alligator>Caution" jam!

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • scottangel
    Default Avatar
    Just got this in the mail today. This post is mostly redundant cuz i am just going to state what has already been posted many times here already. 1. I can't believe this hasn't sold out already. 2. The sound quality is stunning I do find it interesting that this is one of the few releases here that don't include a tracklist in the description. You can easily find it online but thought i would include it here anyways. 1. Viola Lee Blues (15:58) side A 2. It Hurts Me Too (4:18) 3. Beat It On Down The Line (3:50) side B 4. Morning Dew (7:39) 5. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl (10:55) 6. Thats It For The Other One (12:04) side C I. Cryptical Envelopment II. The Other One I. Cryptical Envelopment 7. New Potato Caboose (11:36) side D 8. Alligator (11:01) side E 9. Caution (beginning) (4:15) 10. Caution (conclusion) (20:31) side F
  • icecrmcnkd
    Stunning. Sounds amazing.
  • daverock
    Brilliant release. Everything about it is top draw from the packaging up to the sound and the incredible music. It starts well, with a jammy Viola Lee Blues, passes on through some well played and sung blues to the acid rock of the Other One and New Potato Caboose-and then leaves the stratosphere completely with Alligator and Caution. A superlative show!
  • daverock
    Me, too. I haven't collected much vinyl over recent years-but this is essential! As is 2nd May 1970, which I have also ordered.
  • SFBobzilla
    Default Avatar
    Just ordered. looking forward to listening
  • stoltzfus
    i'd buy this QUICK.
  • stoltzfus
    not levgardium levioSAH
  • wilfredtjones
    They didn't put this art on a t-shirt and sell it.
  • Lovemygirl
    ...I still cannot believe this release hasn't sold out yet.The audio/LP is PRIMO!!!
  • TouchOfGrey94
    Default Avatar
    This has been released on CD and digital in the 30 Trips Around The Sun box set. We're lucky to be able to get the individual show outside that set at all. Same goes for 4/25/77.
user picture

Member for

17 years 2 months

Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA 11/10/67 Vinyl

3-LP Set
180-gram Vinyl
Limited Edition of 6700
Mixed and mastered by Jeffrey Norman from the 8-track analog master tapes
Mastered by Grammy-winning engineer David Glasser
Features era-defining tunes "Viola Lee Blues" & "That's It For The Other One" plus an explosive "Alligator>Caution" jam!

user picture

Member for

11 years 11 months

I agree with you that this should be available for download. I grew up on vinyl where you held that 12 by 12 piece of art gatefold cover in your hand as you listened to the music. Pre MTV/youtube, only in your imagination could you visualize what the band looked like while performing. Wondering how did they make this record, what exactly were they doing? (especially if you played an instrument). Your imagination ran wild and you had a connection. So for that reason I still get a kick out of vinyl, as well as that warm sound off the needle. Not yet 50 but I'm feeling old writing this...
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

Vinyl 30 Trips CD and USB probably can score the cd online a la carte for under $50, however there is no individual download
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 10 months

Really i agree,A halfway decent cd player is more then enough.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 7 months

I'm curious if this 3LP set is mastered directly from the analog masters?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

15 years 4 months

Whats with you people with an agenda against vinyl...geez...get off it already, what do you care who/what/why people enjoy vinyl. You want to argue the value between hardcover book vs paperback vs digital editions... or how about watercolor vs acrylic??? ....who cares???? Your vinyl experience may be overrated, as there are some poor representations, however my AAA vinyl is FAR superior in my home. example... Why Clapton do his new album mastered in all analog (AAA) ??? Then master it separately for digital? I'm not pro-this or anti-that...But I believe most formats, without compression and mastered accordingly to the format have the ability to sound great. My digital library trumps my vinyl library about 4:1, however, I have much more fun playing an album, as digital format for me is all about convenience... if your comment is not adding value, why do you feel compelled to post it?
user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

I'm not for putting a $70 CD UNDER MY scratchy old needle.
user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

I think I figure out why you dislike vinyl. The issue revolves around your use of the technology. First, a vinyl is called a record not a CD. Second, a record goes under your scratchy old needle not the CD. Third, if you have a scratchy old needle you should replace it. This vinyl is amazing, worth the money even if I already have it 30TATS.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Jackson Browne once suggested we call albums 'records' because they are, in fact, a record of a particular time and place in both our heads and hearts, prior to committing to vinyl cd tape, you name it. I prefer his broad and practical use of colloquialism to the 'gotta be this or that' approach that bespeaks a narrow-minded approach to such concepts.
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Don't look now, but I think your record's skipping.
user picture

Member for

15 years 9 months

I apologize for inserting this here. I have to start somewhere. A few years ago I bought the summer 72 suitcase set. About a year ago things in my life had deteriorated to the point where I thought selling it was a good idea. I didn't get much, I won't get into it, and I was unhappy even while I was doing it. Now starts my quest to find it and buy it back, or I guess find one and buy it. I'd rather have mine. My name is Daemian, and that's what it says right on the suitcase. I know this is totally irrelevant to all of you, I interrupted, I was the loser who sold it, why don't I just go buy one on eBay, etc etc. I'm sorry to hijack like this. I would just rather start this situation out by addressing some GD people about this thing I did that causes me more pain than I ever thought a thing could cause by being taken away. It's not just the music; I hadn't even listened to the whole thing. It's that the set was mine. It was my piece of my favorite era. It was my prized possession, and I think subconsciously I sold it to cause myself pain because i was so angry with myself for things I won't get into here. If anyone knows an actual person who wants to part with their summer 72 set, or somehow wants to charge me considerably less for copies of the music - which would at least be a start - please contact me at daemian@mit.edu thanks
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

vinyl, cassette, 8-track, cd, digital -- it don't matter if the music's good. Yesterday I heard L'Amour Toujours on an old 78 on a grammophone -- NO ELECTRICITY!!! -- it was scratchy and the manually operated crank made for some unique wow and flutter, but I was transported in time and space and that one song satisfied me for the whole day. If you get confused listen to the music play ...
user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Uh, Hi... I didn't know that all a yous was watchin'. I take back the sex comments and the drug references. https://youtu.be/b0FViwZmsGQ Minas, I think you picked the wrong day to start talking about your women's underarm hair fetish. So Dave pronounced it Veneeeeeta. Like Velveeta. I thought that was a short "e". 8/27/72
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

It is pronounced Vuh-nee-tuh. Not Vuh-neh-tah... or even Vee-net-uh. I used to drive through there for work.
user picture

Member for

6 years 10 months

I know this is well after you posted Daemian, but I hope everything worked out for you. I would love a suitcase myself, but unlike you, I've never had my hands on one. I only have the audio (don't get me wrong, the audio is plenty) but I'm just the type of person who likes to get my hands on the product. Get the smells, and feel for it. One of these days I'll pony up for it on ebay and I'll make a deal with you. If it has Daemian on it, it's yours. For my cost of course, I'd need to reorder. Hope you find it man!
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

I am not sure why this is only available on Vinyl, you lost my business with this one.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 10 months

This has been released on CD and digital in the 30 Trips Around The Sun box set. We're lucky to be able to get the individual show outside that set at all. Same goes for 4/25/77.
user picture

Member for

8 years

...I still cannot believe this release hasn't sold out yet.The audio/LP is PRIMO!!!
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Me, too. I haven't collected much vinyl over recent years-but this is essential! As is 2nd May 1970, which I have also ordered.
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

Brilliant release. Everything about it is top draw from the packaging up to the sound and the incredible music. It starts well, with a jammy Viola Lee Blues, passes on through some well played and sung blues to the acid rock of the Other One and New Potato Caboose-and then leaves the stratosphere completely with Alligator and Caution. A superlative show!
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Stunning. Sounds amazing.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 8 months

Just got this in the mail today. This post is mostly redundant cuz i am just going to state what has already been posted many times here already. 1. I can't believe this hasn't sold out already. 2. The sound quality is stunning I do find it interesting that this is one of the few releases here that don't include a tracklist in the description. You can easily find it online but thought i would include it here anyways. 1. Viola Lee Blues (15:58) side A 2. It Hurts Me Too (4:18) 3. Beat It On Down The Line (3:50) side B 4. Morning Dew (7:39) 5. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl (10:55) 6. Thats It For The Other One (12:04) side C I. Cryptical Envelopment II. The Other One I. Cryptical Envelopment 7. New Potato Caboose (11:36) side D 8. Alligator (11:01) side E 9. Caution (beginning) (4:15) 10. Caution (conclusion) (20:31) side F
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/lp/shrine-auditorium-los-angeles-ca-11-10-67-vinyl.html