- maryeJoined:May 26, 2007The bus came by. We got on. That's how it all began. Almost as soon as the Fare Thee Well shows were announced, folks started planning to meet in Chicago. They met. They connected. Things were never the same. And now, further! Or maybe Furthur.
- July 16, 2021 - 11:39ammkavJoined:June 30, 2007SoCalDead in DFW
can't make it, even though only a mere 4.5 hour drive north. Age is catching up: I'll be recovering from hip replacement surgery at that time.
if the Covid don't getcha, then arthritis will
- May 27, 2021 - 8:31amSoCalDeadFanJoined:January 26, 2015Hey Hey Hey,
Hope you all…
Hey Hey Hey,
Hope you all are well. We scored tix to Dead & Co Dallas on 10/14. Hit me up if you will be there!
- February 3, 2021 - 8:47pmmkavJoined:June 30, 2007jeffsmith...HI!
Glad to hear you're both well. I check back in occasionally to see whazzup.
knock on wood...no Covid here.
I was dialing to get a Covid vaccine appointment the past few days and it reminded me of the spinning circle trying to get tix way back then. I was more successful getting FTW tix than Covid vax appointment...first things first!
Stay safe .
- January 30, 2021 - 8:26amJeffSmithJoined:June 9, 2014WHOA! We're STILL here!
Hello again everybody. Just happened to click this link, and lo and bee-hold, we're still here! How reassuring is that!?! Hope you've been managing to negotiate the pandemic gauntlet okay. All's well here. (Drop of Dew) Pam and I both had light bouts with covid last October, but are back up at full steam.
This time SIX YEARS AGO we were just beginning to reach out to shake each others hands. FTW was still over five months away and the Pic-A-Nic wasn't even a daydream! Tempus sure is fugitting big time! I'll try to stop by more often from now on.
Onward!, (Oat Willie) Jeff
- June 28, 2020 - 5:53pmmkavJoined:June 30, 20075 years
where DOES the time go?
Sure glad that was not really the final shows.
- May 24, 2020 - 9:02amGraceful_DeadJoined:March 4, 2011Better the 2nd time
I know it's been a while, but I'm moved to write by last night Nuggs broadcast of the Halloween show from MSG last year.
It started with the Ripple tribute to Hunter, but that was not all:
every song that night was a Hunter song (except the Werewolves encore).
I was at that show but don't think I realized as it was unfolding what the connection was.
It made it more meaningful to listen to again knowing that each song was chosen with Hunter in mind, and appreciating how many lyrics referred to songs: of course,
Let there be songs to fill the air;
Light the song with sense and color;
Sometime the songs we hear are just songs of our own; and of course,
How does this song go?
And Oteil sang his heart out on China Doll; really moving.
The storyteller makes no choice
soon you will not hear his voice
- September 24, 2019 - 6:44pmmkavJoined:June 30, 2007RH RIP
I just heard the news.
- September 24, 2019 - 12:35pmGraceful_DeadJoined:March 4, 2011Aww, geez, such sad news
I can't even bear to say it. Another loss, seems more close and mournful.
- August 8, 2019 - 2:37pmgeomeisterJoined:January 18, 2015Lucy
it is spot on and done very nicely. Thanks for a good time with a twist.
- August 7, 2019 - 5:47pmmkavJoined:June 30, 2007THIS is must see TV. Hope it's not a repeat
very fun, especially for those of who remember MTM