Of course we want it all now, but where would you start?
- June 13, 2019 - 9:07amgypsydog5150Joined:September 4, 2017ReIssue Dick's Picks
- August 2, 2007 - 7:17pmmaryeJoined:May 26, 2007
- August 2, 2007 - 12:38pmitsburnsyJoined:June 12, 2007GD w/ SaxHow about one of those Branford Marsalis shows, 3.29.90 or 9.10.91. Think I got those dates right, there's another show from '93 with a sax player, anyone remember the one I'm talking about?
- July 31, 2007 - 9:07pmhighvibeJoined:July 26, 200712/12/90 additionI mention only wanting to see the 2nd set released because the 1st set seemed like a totally different band was playing. It was uninspired and seemed to struggle along. Something magical happened during intermission (that I will not dare to speculate on) which really lit the boys up and they were a new band for the 2nd half!
- July 31, 2007 - 9:05pmhighvibeJoined:July 26, 2007Denver 12/12/90 Set 2(I posted a lengthy reasoning why on this shows comments section.) In short, some of the nicest, best played, totally inspired, jazzy, high energy, heart opening music I've ever heard come from Jerry and the Boys! Jerry's guitar playing is simply the sweetest I've ever heard it and he was totally playing his heart out playing and singing most of the songs pre-drums. China > Rider . LL Rain . AIKO . DARK STAR > TERRAPIN Simply amazing! The C > R was peaking in so many ways. Jerry in LL Rain was out of this world. His guitar became the rain for sure. He played and sang the hell out of Aiko! AND the Dark Star is hands down my favorite and most moving single song and experience of GD music in all of the thousands of hours I own. Jerry is simply dancing with his guitar and plays the Dark Star theme on his guitar a couple of times in the song. Oh yeah, I was NOT at this show and just happened to come across a SBD of it along the way! Track it down, give a listen and you'll know what I mean! Sending Love, Brother Antonio
- July 31, 2007 - 8:57pmDarkStar-TheOtherOneJoined:June 5, 2007More Dick's Picks releasesI really don't care where or when I just want more. I would suggest no more limited edition stuff as those of us with smaller incomes tend to lose out sometimes (Fillmore West 1969 box set) by not being able to buy everything the moment it goes up for sale. I would love to get the Winterland 1973 box set but I'm afraid if it's another limited thing I might miss out. I'm on a fixed income due to an accident and sometimes have to wait a week or two before I can buy something.
- July 30, 2007 - 12:21pmAnomalatorJoined:June 7, 2007Surround sound and videoHow about releasing more shows in multi track surround sound? With video or without would be great either way. I absolutely love the Workingman's Dead and American Beauty DVD Audio discs, and the Closing of Winterland DVD sounds fantastic. I'd love to see more of this kind of stuff being released. Also, how about more video releases in general? There must be plenty of good video footage in the vault. I gotta agree with msgsec74, lets see some more of the older video! Even if the shows are incomplete, I'd buy them. And I'm sure that with all the resources that are available the video would look great by the time it got to DVD. As far as stuff from the later years, how about some DVD releases of some of the Mardi Gras and Chinese New Years shows from Oakland? Those shows sure were fun! And maybe some more DVDs of Jerry's shows? Please! I promise I'll be your best fan! ; ) OK, I'll stop begging now.
- July 26, 2007 - 6:40pmRaleigh St. ClairJoined:June 4, 2007RhinoI'd like to know how they plan on releasing shows. Will the Download Series or Dick's Picks continue? Will there be more View From The Vaults?
- July 20, 2007 - 1:55pmPhoffiFozzJoined:June 18, 2007AOXOMOXOA - ANTHEM OF THE SUNI would really like to see some release of the original mix of AOXOMOXOA (which is way better in my eyes) and I only have a fairly beatup vinyl copy. Even if Rhino Handmade made this available it would be quite cool. While we're at it, why not put out the remix of ANTHEM OF THE SUN (which is probably not as good as the original, but it is very interesting) and I only have that one on a fairly beatup cassette. As far as shows, I cannot wait for an official release of 8/27/72. And I would take every EUROPE '72 show! (Actually I buy them all anyway).
- July 20, 2007 - 12:21pmKrummhornJoined:July 20, 2007Just keep em' comingI have to agree with Jack Straw about the latter part of 71'. Those shows were just unbelievable. They had those great melodic jams during that small period (far more enjoyable than "space" which those jams eventually morphed into. I would have to say from the fall of 71' through 72' were definitely their best years. From then on it was spotty, but they did have some magic later on. Some of 77' was great, the fall tour of 83' was pretty insane, 85' was a good year, the fall of 87' was rippin', and most of 89' was right up there with the best shows of all time. I say, just keep releasing whatever, as long as they keep coming.