• 1,852 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    "Cause it's always like that with the Dead, you know - it's always the whole thing." - News Journal

As we close out the 2019 Dave Pick's series, we deliver on our promise to give you the "whole thing" with the complete performance from The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA 3/24/73 and what a show it was! An upstanding "musical eulogy" to the recently departed Pigpen, the Grateful Dead conducted a potent study in contrasts on this bittersweet night. They found easy balance between tidy jams like "They Love Each Other," "Wave That Flag," "Playing In The Band," and introspective moments on "Stella Blue," "Sing Me Back Home," and a poignant "He's Gone." It was all laid down with a discipline and a polish unheard of in any of the truly exceptional shows that had come before it. Yes, you might say, they cleaned up nice to carry on the legacy as Pig would have wanted.

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 32: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA 3/24/73 has been mastered to HDCD specs from the 7" and 10" reels by Jeffrey Norman.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • grass-shack-nailed

Hi All,

As of yesterday a replacement copy of Dave's Picks Volume 32 arrived and was in mint condition. It took 3 months and a few contacts to customer support and Marye, but I've finally got it and that may mean there is some hope for others that may be waiting on an initial or replacement copy of this installment.

One thing to mention. It is a numbered copy and a low one at that -- #544. Seems kind of odd that this Volume 32 sold out and I'm getting one that is numbered. This is not a complaint, but just saying...

A BIG THANKS to Marye for her help on my issue because I am sure it was her inquires to The Doc that made this eventually happen.

Good luck to all that are still waiting for a Volume 32. Hopefully, Help Is On The Way!

• docmarty
    Default Avatar

I got sent a 2nd copy of 32 in error
    I am happy to pass on provided you assure me you won't be selling it on ebay
    pm me if interested

• samspade
    Default Avatar

I live in Sweden, in Stockholm. I had problems with Dave´s Picks Vol. 31, as many others, but it worked out well in the end. It took a long time to get vol. 32 - and I had to write once to the Dead - but now I received it today. I received Vol. 33 a week ago so hopefully this will work out fine in the future. By the way - Vol. 32 is terrific! A fine show from my favorite year.

• Tom G
    Default Avatar

I feel your pain. Me too. Still no Vol 32 and tracking showed the one they sent in the FAll went to multiple locations until it wound up somewhere in Indiana. I live in Ohio.

• nappyrags

Silly me...here I was all excited about finding a used copy of Dickus Pickus # 11 after hiding it for a week in the soft rock section of a used bookstore, when lo and behold I found a copy I had no memory of getting in a box of stuff I was sorting through over the weekend...sent if off to a friend who is unwise in the way of dead.net so it will be enjoyed but still...guess I gotta come up with some sorta spread sheet in my phone to avoid situations like this...silly me

• factorz
    Default Avatar

2/4 and still no copy of 32. Received Vol 33 which is great, but still nothing on this one. Original copy was sent to the wrong person (hope he is enjoying it), but where is my copy?? Paid in full but nothing to show for it. HELP ME!

• Tom G
    Default Avatar

How can this persist so long? Just meaningless email responses. Ship Vol 32! I have to believe if there was a warehouse problem then someone must be holding on to the CDs to get a bill paid. We're caught in the middle. Or what? At least give us an explanation. How can Dave not be getting to the bottom of this and fixing this mess by now? It's his namesake, so he should care.

• Scott-O
    Default Avatar

Got same message --- and my 33 came today. Not a happy camper.

• nappyrags

Bob is the best fake Bob out there...haaaa!!!

• LedDed

Someone here called Mayer "the best of the fake Jerrys." Well, he most certainly is. Slow tempos or not, that's a great band with the best live sound I've ever heard in a larger outdoor venue. So ticket prices are high, yes - they've got to pay themselves but they've also got to pay Mayer.

On official D&C recordings, it says "John Mayer appears courtesy of Columbia Records." Columbia is undoubtedly getting a little something off the top for their "courtesy."

I won't dig it up now, but you could find it - John Mayer earns substantially more per show as a solo artist than he does with Dead & Co. I'm not sure how much crossover there is between audiences - I really can't stand most of his solo work, but love him in D&C.

I would really like John to be in the band for the duration, at least for as long as all the current members remain playing together. That has to be less than ten more years and it could, in fact, end any time.

So I'll pay whatever to see what is without a doubt the last best live version of the Grateful Dead, along with the best of the fake Jerrys for as long as I possibly can.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years

"Cause it's always like that with the Dead, you know - it's always the whole thing." - News Journal

As we close out the 2019 Dave Pick's series, we deliver on our promise to give you the "whole thing" with the complete performance from The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA 3/24/73 and what a show it was! An upstanding "musical eulogy" to the recently departed Pigpen, the Grateful Dead conducted a potent study in contrasts on this bittersweet night. They found easy balance between tidy jams like "They Love Each Other," "Wave That Flag," "Playing In The Band," and introspective moments on "Stella Blue," "Sing Me Back Home," and a poignant "He's Gone." It was all laid down with a discipline and a polish unheard of in any of the truly exceptional shows that had come before it. Yes, you might say, they cleaned up nice to carry on the legacy as Pig would have wanted.

Limited to 20,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 32: THE SPECTRUM, PHILADELPHIA, PA 3/24/73 has been mastered to HDCD specs from the 7" and 10" reels by Jeffrey Norman.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

Petra Haden-Sings The Who Sell Out
NRPS Box-Disc 4
NRPS Box-Disc 5
Eberhard Weber-Later That Evening
Pink Floyd-The Later Years(Single Disc)
Eberhard Weber-Fluid Rustle
Arild Anderson-Molde Concert
NRPS Box-Disc 3

That is 5, right??
P.S. The 3 ECM titles all feature Bill Frisell(my favorite living musician)

Bring on the Zappa Hot Rats Box!!......Oh, and I relapsed on the Garcia Vol. 12 cd, I guess I have to start over :(

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

I just bought it, thanks again for the recommendation. I didn't know it existed until you mentioned it. I got it as a gift for my brother. Here is what it I am talking about which it does not have:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/R40_Live

After doing a little research I see that the box set was released before that R40 Live Blu-ray Shadow from their final tour. It's just weird that they named one of the releases "R40" and the other one "R40 Live"and they're two completely different "things".

That bonus disc looks awesome. I'll never forget using the Ticketmaster phone trick to get second row seats right in front of Alex lifeson on the test for Echo tour. This is when they played 2112 in its entirety for the first time ever. Now granted, they have played a lot of it many times in the 70s, but for anyone who started seeing the band Live and the mid-80s never got to see anything past Overture / Temples of Syrinx. And they usually played it during the Encore after a 2 hours set with no intermission. This was the first tour that they did away with an opening band and started having an intermission in their show. So it seemed odd to me that they were playing it an hour into the show, and then they went right into the waterfall sounds of the Discovery part and I nearly flipped my lid. Other than some big songs on the radio like Tom Sawyer and subdivisions and Limelight, 2112 was the piece of music that hooked me on to Rush. And they weren't really known at that time for digging too deeply into the rare album cuts. From 1996 on however, starting with this full rendition of 2112, you could get anything from any album. But there had been a long dry spell where they played for 2 hours and an hour and a half of the show was typically their last three albums; then you got rewarded with a half hour of the radio hits but not really any deep cuts. La Villa strangiato would come out in abbreviated form once in awhile, as would Xanadu. But yeah, after that test for Echo Tour 1996 they started playing two sets and you would get an extra 45 minutes of Rush music every tour. They're really one of the most considerate bands of the fans that rock and roll has seen. Alas all good things come to an end. What is success story - never break up, never a replaced band member after that first album, and they just gracefully retired. Rock bands don't retire they break up and piss on each other in the Press.

user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

In reply to by KeithFan2112

Been recovering from an excessive and not planned work binge, plus terrible weather and holiday food week. It finally got 'nice' today so I needed to get outside and get some much needed exercise. What to play?

Decided to hit July 78 again in sequence just because it's been a while and it's so energized and up-beat. It sure did hit the spot. Made it through the first two shows.. Arrowhead was as good as I remembered. I forgot just how good that Peggy-O from 7/3 St. Paul was.

Oh.. and we need a new release, call it winter blues, a record store ready offering doubling as a one disc wonder from 68. I know they can do this... and they should.

user picture

Member for

8 years 4 months

In reply to by JimInMD

When not logged in, you can still read current posts as follows:
Click the ‘back to product page’ link in the upper left. Scroll down and the comments section is there and actively updating. It just doesn’t show avatars.
If you click ‘post a comment’ it brings you back to the page with avatars that is not updating (unless you are logged in).

user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

An ok show with an ok recording. Was released just about the time recordings from ABCD Enterprises were being digested. I think the first was either July '78 or Dave's Picks 18, the Orpheum?? At least that's my memory.

I wonder if this came to be because (1) it had been discussed probably for years as the cassette master/reel to reel vault issues came up and (2) they knew the Betty Boards were here and all would be forgotten by the time Cornell, etc. hit the streets.

Not that there is anything wrong with this release.. I just get the feeling it was released because the sound was a little better than it's neighbors (some of which one could argue were hotter shows). I guess I see this point of view, when all this is over, there will be many hot shows that did not get released because the sound was subpar (or the tapes didn't exist at all).

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

I remember being a little confused by the vitriol this one received when it was released. It's got a great China>Rider, and a fine 2nd set... I'm not going to argue that it's a top 5 pick, but I'm glad that I have it... and I really like the artwork with its nod to Hofmann's bicycle ride.

Peace

EDIT: Oh, and the trainwreck Jack Straw. Certainly unique in the catalog :)

user picture

Member for

8 years 4 months

In reply to by jrf68@hotmail.com

I thought it was cool to get a show with both a China>Rider and a Scarlet>Fire.
And it still sounded better that many of the cassettes that I had back in the day.

Seems that I was wrong about the ‘back to main page’ link staying updated with current posts. Appears that it is frozen at Jim’s ‘recovering’ post. Maybe it will update at midnight.

user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

I think the way to get here is either through history, bookmarks or the Community/Products/Dead Store Products then pick the Spectrum show or whatever.

I am miffed why they took this off the products pages though. That was the obvious way to get here (at least from my perspective).

user picture

Member for

13 years 4 months

....we'll get our privileges back. It's like we've become Clark Griswold ranting about his boss in "Christmas Vacation", but it's Warner Music/Dead.net whatever that has become the "no good, dirty rotten, low down, four flushin'..." you know the rest. Yes, we can freak freely in our heads, but sometimes we need to say the right things to get what we want. I guess this is a little bit like social credit in China.
So I'll start with this truth: "I love the Grateful Dead, and I appreciate the powers that be who bestow upon us all of these amazing shows".
Signed, the submissive piddling pup.

user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

Listening now for the first time in like forever. I will never forget when it came out!!! The clarity and the quality of this show was amazing!!! I also have to admit the first time i bought this it was the cassette version in May 1992, CD's were too scary and new back then ha ha!! bob t

There’s a 3rd CD now, just in case you didn’t know.

I held out on buying the Vault 1-3 Box because I had them individually, and so didn’t think that an additional CD justified rebuying what I already had.
But then someone on this board pointed out that 8-13-75 in the Box had been remastered. So I bought the Box about a year ago and was glad I did.

Keithfan,
Got the Rush R40 Bonus BluRay playing. Rocking out to the 76 show.

And ha, busted.
Access to the comments button as I posted this morning has been removed. So yes, they are still reading these posts.

user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

The irony of removing or obscuring comments (to me) is.. as they pick up the subscription to 22k, do we help or hurt sales?

I would argue the passion and conviction we collectively bring to the party helps. A good example being the extra disc from Two From the Vault and the fact that One From the Vault was remastered for the From the Vault mini-box (shamelessly stolen from the very last comment here). I guarantee this comment got someone out there to say hey, I only have the older master or I want that extra disc.. and just in time for Christmas. So we silently and for free just sold some product.

I would argue collectively the comments we provide, free of cost, help not hurt sales. ...and if that 22k number becomes harder to make, there might be a large vacuum to fill and costly inventories might result just as we get bored and move on. Anyone seen Stoltzie lately?

I mean.. I had all ten DVDs released when that DVD box set came out and got it just for the bonus disc and the re-release of so far from VHS or Laserdisc to DVD and I know I'm not alone here. Comments like these are the ones that they are inadvertently or purposefully trying to mute.

user picture

Member for

8 years 4 months

In reply to by JimInMD

I’m still holding out for a website rebuild/relaunch.
TPTB are just letting us hang out because they know we would be lost without this site.

It’s a home for Deadheads who don’t want anything to do with the other social media circus, and just want Grateful Dead (and associated acts) media.
While hanging out with strangers like in the lot.

user picture

Member for

14 years 1 month

Whatever became of that? Does anyone else remember a BIG announcement (I think it came along with the announcement of the Dave's Picks series . . . )? There was going to be some online netherworld that we could each build a character for.

The Jerry site must use the same platform as this one does. If I place items in my cart, they disappear about an hour later if checkout is not completed. Odd. Most sites leave everything in your cart for eternity.

Two From the Vault is a top ten release of all time, yes.

user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

That's funny, I listened to disc 2 of this one today forgetting entirely about the date!

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

In reply to by Deadheadbrewer

....is definitely top 5 when it comes to sound.
Speaking of top/last 5's....
John Lennon - Sometime In New York City
Phish - 12.4.19 Petersen Events Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Oingo Boingo - Nothing To Fear
GOGD - 3.24.73 Spectrum Dave's 32
GOGD - 10.27.90 Le Zenith, Paris, Boxilla
....and totally agree cone kid. This is my Eden from the daily grind. I think I speak for the masses with that comment. I am president according to Bolo. Follow me!!!!!
There's also this little search bar at the top of the website. If you type in Dave's 32 it brings you to this page. Duh?

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

That bonus cd with DaP 10 is a good 'un. Thelma LA 12/11/69, and a sequence of tracks from Dark Star to Cosmic Charlie that is almost entirely fat free. The Other One was the key track for me last night-lovely churchy organ from TC.

I got Two from the Vaults when it came out, but never got the remastered version. The bonus tracks were included at the end of the earlier version of Anthem, if I remember rightly, so I am not sure if its worth looking for the 3 disc version or not. So far its been "not".

Cousins....the Duane Eddy Box arrived... and I have to agree...splendid in everyway. I'm on the look out now for the first Freddie King box on Bear Records - Taking Care of Business. I have most of the tracks already...but not the experience that you get with a Bear Family Box.

user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

In reply to by daverock

I thought we were going to get another 1969 this year. I'm not sure why we didn't.. it seems like we were due.

It does seem like the quality of the recordings increased as they drifted through 70 and into 71. I wonder what contributed to that? Storage? Tape/Recorder quality? Taping methods? Ravages of time? Performance quality? Or perhaps it's just me and they are every bit as good. In any case, I like 68 and 69.

user picture

Member for

7 years 4 months

In reply to by JimInMD

They remastered this in 2007 and you can still pick one up on this site. I got one last summer and the sound quality is a huge upgrade to the original, which I still have from 1991. Makes you think they could also remaster some of the early Dick's Picks, but that will probably never happen.

user picture

Member for

9 years 7 months

Every once in awhile I don't see the comment tab on whichever the latest Dave's Picks is that we're calling home base. I just reload the page or log out and log back in and it comes back. I usually bookmark the page so I tried this morning to go in through the regular special editions page from the music home page and clicked on Dave's Picks and had no problem finding the comment tab for this page here.

Two From the Vault one of my first Dead CDs ever. Little schoolgirl is still my all-time fave from this one. I love pig pens introduction, plus it's 15 minutes. Also love the William Tell section of Saint Stephen, would somehow sounds better today without TC. And I would be surprised at this point after all the exploration I've done if I find a better version of the eleven. Which by the way I just noticed the backpack I've been using for my laptop for the past 2 years has a black handle on it, with the word eleven engraved on it. Just noticed in the last week.

user picture

Member for

11 years 4 months

Who has ordered the new Bear box of the New Riders?

Ordered mine over a week ago, says it processing, paypal says pre shipment sent to PO. PO says waiting for product.

Someone here got theirs already,,,, anyone else waiting?

user picture

Member for

8 years 4 months

In reply to by DeadVikes

I also picked it up on vinyl and it sounds awesome. And it’s not even 180 g.

Jim, maybe the 68/69 you’re looking for will be DaP 34. Two full shows when the bonus disc is included.

Talk about remastering the oldies, 2-27,28-69 have been Plangentized and remastered. But they were only released on vinyl. I have both and the sound quality is excellent.

user picture

Member for

10 years 7 months

Dennis, Still waiting on mine too. It's still in pre-shipment. Sure would like this to be an early Christmas gift for myself, but I guess I'll just wait and see.

user picture

Member for

4 years 3 months

I received my NRPS BOX last week. I ordered it the first day it was available. I ordered 2 copies, one for me and one for my brother. It's great!

user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

I didn't know there was a disc 3 for Two From the Vault!! Thanks... Also i can't believe One from the Vault could even be made better!!!

user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

Real Gone Music just announced a 4-L.P. set for Dick's Picks 24-the first Wall of Sound show-Daly City. If you pre-order with Real Gone, you get $40.00 off the list price. Just sayin' is all.

user picture

Member for

6 years 10 months

What is the meaning of all music edition mean? Is it the actual box set or a different version. I want to get this. Just wondering what it means.

Carlo,

If my memory is correct it's essentially the same box set but it comes in a smaller or different sized box and is not numbered / does not contain the book. So just the CD's and the laser cut CD holders that came in the numbered box.

Get it.

user picture

Member for

8 years 4 months

In reply to by carlo13

AME is just the CD’s, no bonus book or fancy packaging.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Had no idea this was remastered for that box, either. I got OFV from my dad, who got it as a promo at the time it came out. When I got into the Dead a bit in 1998, he gave it to me, along with the other "hippie shit" Phish promo singles, Bouncing Around the Room and Free. Ironically, he would have been considered a hippie himself '69-70 something. Even so, OFV was definitely not the right show for him to try to like the Dead. He always criticized them as not playing hard enough. Luckily, I finally got him to listen to some shows, and he changed his tune. Of Barton Hall he said, "if I'da known they played shit like this, I would've been listening to 'em for years", and he flipped over Shrine 11/10/67 and 4/15/70 Winterland from the 30 Trips Box. But Blues For Allah the 23 minute sequence is not up the alley of many a Dead fan, much less your average hard rock fan. (I'm reminded he hated Pink Floyd, too, so definitely no Echoes, either.) But I dig that show, and may just have to spring for that box at some point. May just use rewards at Amazon, because who knows which warehouse it's in. And I don't have money for Dead cds after Dave's 2020 and Giants Box. And 2/28/69 vinyl...

Anybody getting Ready Or Not? I like the album concept. That artwork, though? ...

user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

In reply to by Mr. Ones

It's sort of mentioned vaguely in the advertisement, but I confirmed this was remastered for the Vinyl release..

So in the same conversations regarding a wish to remaster some of the old Dicks Picks, we get confirmation that this is happening, sort of stealthily and vinyl (so far). Kinda cool.

Yes, very cool stories Cone Kid. Not sure how I missed that.

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

In reply to by alvarhanso

Alvarhanso...your dad sounds a bit like me in the 70s. Coming from a background of Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Hawkwind-who used to be described as a British version of The Dead, the actual Dead, once I finally got to hear them seemed a bit underwhelming. Seeing Hawkwind in the mid 70s, I was treated to heavy rock n'roll played at deafening volumes with a retina blasting light show, lasers, miming, dancing girls...I not only couldn't hear right for a week afterwards-I couldn't see straight either.
I heard the Dead's Steal Your Face and the radio broadcast of the One From The Vaults in 1976...and it seemed a bit weak, to be honest. The way in for me was Anthem Of the Sun. If I'd heard the Shrine show from November 1967 or Binghampton 5/2/70 as a teenager I would have loved them.
But no matter...I got there in the end. If you do it right, you don't need dancing girls and light shows-just listening to the music with closed eyes does it for me nowadays.

user picture

Member for

9 years 4 months

The Vault Box (remastered w/all 3 'From the Vault' releases) is definitely one to get your paws on. Notably, 'One' is an all-time favorite for sure as it truly kicked off the series of live recordings, and getting that one in real time in 1991 was such a treat. Off to UVM I went with this CD in hand and I would be forever changed. 'Two' was perhaps even better - albeit from a totally different era, the energy as we all know is utterly raw and astounding. I've forever been in love with these versions of Cryptical>The Other One>Cryptical > New Potato Caboose and then on the bonus 3rd disc that comes with this box, of course that killer Alligator that was also included as a bonus track on one of the reissued versions of their original albums released via another box back in the early '00's (can't remember which one exactly). 'Three From the Vault' was arguably the weakest (I know i wished for the prior night's show, but perhaps that one is still planned since the tapes now appear to be back) but it was still a decent release with historical significance. Bottom line is that this is a trifecta worth owning.

Oh yeah, and Carlo13, DO listen to Jimbo - make a move on 'Get Shown The Light' music box - it's one also worth having although the CD packaging is a bit suspect in transit, the thing looks pretty cool in your hands and of course the musical contents therein are what this is All About. THAT is the truly Magical Trifecta.

Music aside, I've been a bit incognito lately as my dad is now entering a very sad end game; he's been battling stage 4 cancer for the past 15 months and his time is rapidly coming to an end. My brother thinks even making it through the end of the week is questionable; literally waiting on a call to hail the 3 brothers home. Difficult time for this to be sure; but nonetheless I trust that wherever he ends up he will be in a better place and at peace. Not to bring you all down, but I suppose being apart of This Family allows one to gather strength through common purpose and our collective, shared love.

Be Well Everyone.
Sixtus

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Warm vibes and thoughts are radiating your way from the mountains of west Texas. I hope maybe y'all can find time to remember the stories and smile through the tears every now and then. Onward brother!

user picture

Member for

14 years 1 month

And for all we know, what's next for your father (and eventually, each of us) might be just wonderful. None of us has been there, so we don't really know . . .

user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

Sorry to hear about your dad, we all know how the ride ends here, but it doesn't make it any easier when it comes for a loved one. My dad died a couple of years ago after a fighting a brutal terminal illness for a couple of years and I was shocked at the immense emotional impact that it had on me. I'm not big on displays of emotion, but I could have filled a gallon jug with my tears. All I can say is hang in there, the grief doesn't necessarily go away, but it does become more manageable as time passes.

I am currently working my way through the GSTL box again, up to 5/8/77 for a second listen this go around because even in the context of the universally strong performances of May '77 this is a standout show. You will not regret picking the GSTL box if you don't have it already, all of those shows are smoking.

As others have already so eloquently stated.. sending many good thoughts your way, Sixtus. I don't think I can add much or improve upon previous comments.

Our parents live in us, our families and those we touch.. Having never met your father, I feel I know a few things about him from the time I have spent with you and your family. In a way, we all live on well after our time here is done.

Perhaps Hunters comments on Box of Rain apply.

https://relix.com/articles/detail/the-greatest-stories-never-told-rober…

user picture

Member for

8 years 5 months

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Be with him while he's still here. My father passed last month. We were tight and I miss him a lot.

(Killed the link) (Hope it worked)

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

In reply to by wave-that-flag

....the VGuy household will have your family in our thoughts. I lost my father in 2011 from Alzheimer's. No history at all on his side of the family. He never smoked, drank a glass of wine every now and then and rode his bike daily. Body was strong, but his mind failed in a matter of a year and a half. He gave us the best he had to give, which was a lot. Nothing like going to see a parent and them not knowing who you are. Dammit! Who's cutting onions? Love ya man and stay strong.

user picture

Member for

6 years 10 months

My sympathy to you and your pop. Also thanks for the GSTL box recommendation. I'm still waiting for the july 78 box I ordered on 10/26/19, but not complaining.

user picture

Member for

12 years 8 months

In reply to by carlo13

Holy crap!

I just checked the July 78 page.. MaryE posted something on 11/22 saying if you haven't received it yet to PM her. Of course, you can't create new PM's right now, so this would only work if you have PM'd her in the past in which case you can reply to that already existing thread. First world problems, I know..

You should have this by now.. and I know GSTL is better, but I like July 78 every bit as much. Just started Omaha a few hours ago, that Eyes of the World is sublime.

user picture

Member for

16 years 8 months

In reply to by carlo13

Deadvikes: thanks, been lurking but busier than a one legged man in an ass kickin’ contest....

Daverock: you shouldn’t have, but thanks. I’ll catch up soon....

Sixtus: sorry about your father. Hopefully he’ll have a good passing and be with the ancestors soon. Sounds like it’s been a long hard road. Please know we’re all with you and your family! Lost Ma three years ago, and pops has come close a few times since then.....whoever said getting old is not for pussies wasn’t kidding...I’m still just trying to be a somewhat functioning adult, never mind all this old age bullshit.

Hope all y’all had a great gluttons day. Thanks for keeping things rolling here. It helps to at least check in and see you good folks and feel the spirit is alive, even if I don’t have time to participate. Ok, back to work, hopefully back here soon?

user picture

Member for

14 years 1 month

I sent an e-mail to customer service about the calendar and Hacky-Sack that hadn't shown up after five weeks of waiting after ordering, but I never heard anything. BUT, I DID receive the Hacky-Sack today. So I partially retract my semi-snarky comment about GDM from a few weeks back. Just hope the calendar arrives before 2020 . . .

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/dave-s-picks/dave-s-picks-vol-32-1.html