- maryeJoined:May 26, 2007Also DVDs, CDs, MP3s... Post requests and offers here. Please note that while trading, vining, etc. are welcome here, trading, vining, and other unauthorized copying and distribution of commercial releases, including those of the Grateful Dead, is not. Thank you.
- October 26, 2019 - 7:46amGaRoseJoined:November 1, 2018Chatter during specific show
Years ago, one of the bootlegs I had, had a guy very distinctly saying, "Hey eh, this is great eh?" during a low music point. I'd love to hear that show again. Anyone have this? My guess is that it would be an 80's show.
- October 24, 2019 - 2:21pmCharles OsborneJoined:January 21, 2015Software for Mac
Anybody have any recommendations on software for converting Flac, Shn, etc... files and then burn them DAO (disc at once)? I used EAC, Feurio, CDwave, on a PC before I converted to a Mac.
Grateful for any help,
- October 21, 2019 - 8:22ammaryeJoined:May 26, 2007this thread is noncommercialvending posts go here: https://www.dead.net/forum/your-own-storefront Thanks.
- October 20, 2019 - 12:10pmShmoggerJoined:April 24, 2008On the subject of tape cover art
During my tape trading days I made tape cover art for almost all of my 600 tapes. This activity was --and still is -- a big part of my life journey; my identity. I would NEVER throw away my tapes!
I wrote an article about it a couple years back for Relix. Here it is: https://relix.com/articles/detail/tape/
And here are some examples:
I am scolding myself for commercializing this post, but just so you know. I sell these on puzzles, shirts, mugs and posters. Please head over to Shmogger's Den to check them out! (You can also find me sometimes on Shakedown Street.)
Or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Love you more than words can tell,
- July 27, 2019 - 8:59pmtaylorvzJoined:November 4, 2017Still trading?
Otis, I am for sure! Sent a pm but not sure it went through. Would be happy to pay shipping etc. Just getting into the community and am loving it. :) Would give the tapes a good home where they would be listened to often. Thanks for the offer. email@example.com
- July 27, 2019 - 8:17pmPetaluma OtisJoined:June 12, 2016Tapes
I have two full cases of Dead bootlegs all of good to very good quality, for cassette tapes. Were you still looking for tapes?
- July 26, 2019 - 6:56amsumpter.mcgowi…Joined:May 16, 2019Tape Dissemination Policy
I am curious about this and am sure it exists in written form somewhere, I just can't seem to find it. What is the official policy for trading in shows that have been officially released? Specifically, I am wondering about the ones that were released officially but are out of print. Seems to me that if they are not for sale currently, we would not be costing the band money by trading those shows. Just curious what the official policy is on this.
- July 9, 2019 - 3:07amMaokyuJoined:July 9, 2019like cosmicjerry says
Every now and then someone on this very board is looking to rehome tapes, so keep an eye open.
- June 20, 2019 - 12:43pmouguy100Joined:June 18, 2019looking for the saturday…
looking for the saturday wrigley show.
- March 27, 2019 - 7:11pmBakerBear02Joined:March 27, 2019Help My Tapes Find A Home
I live in the Northern California Bay Area and am moving down south. I have 100+ live cassette tapes of Live Dead. Most of them from the 1980s, some SBD, some Audience and some edited DeadHeadHours. I would like to find a new home for them where they will be appreciated. You can contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org