- Post reply Log in to post commentsJuly 27, 2017 - 8:10am180 repliesmaryeJoined:May 26, 2007The bus came by. We got on. That's how it all began. Almost as soon as the Fare Thee Well shows were announced, folks started planning to meet in Chicago. They met. They connected. Things were never the same. And now, further! Or maybe Furthur.
- June 9, 2023 - 1:58pmmkavJoined:June 30, 2007I went to Dallas show and…
I went to Dallas show and was disappointed. sigh. The high points were excellent but there was just too much low energy, pointless noodling....very well played but no "zing". It was sort of boring IMO. I left early for the first and only time in seeing GD and related spin-offs since 1975.
- March 25, 2023 - 8:08pmmkavJoined:June 30, 2007Dallas May 2023
I'm going. Anyone else?
- October 13, 2022 - 2:44pmJeffSmithJoined:June 9, 2014Boulder next July anybody?
Meeting up with SSDDer Steve P. for all three at Folsom. Any other Daydreamers going? Can't touch the close-in seats anymore, but you can find $90 tix if you poke around.
Interesting Pigpen tribute from Strider, but I think we're now back to the Sunshine Daydreamers thread (plus lots of crickets).
- June 17, 2022 - 9:21amStrider 808808Joined:June 20, 2007Last Go Round for Pigpen 50 years ago
We had a thunderstorm after midnight last night. Lightning, thunder. I then opened Deadbase 50 and remembered June 17, 1972 was the last time Pigpen performed with the Grateful Dead. Albeit without singing. A major turning point for the band. They were never the same band again. But as with the winds preceding a monsoon storm we also experience the winds of change. Storm over the land (Carl Sandburg) indeed.
Last go round. Thank you Pigpen.
- June 13, 2022 - 12:57pmJeffSmithJoined:June 9, 2014Heading to Boulder
Hey now GOB (and the crickets that seem to have taken up residence here since FTW), Also hope lots of SSDDers get to a show or two this summer. I'll be at the two Folsom concerts. The only other SSDDer I know of going to Boulder is Spascarella. . . Lisa Deadgeek couldn't get away. Neither could James M. or Geomeister. Not sure who'll be driving the bus, but I know WE WILL GET BY! Onward, Oat Jeff
- June 11, 2022 - 8:58amSoCalDeadFanJoined:January 26, 2015Summer 2022
Just a quick note to say hello and hope you all get to many shows this summer.
- October 8, 2021 - 8:15amJeffSmithJoined:June 9, 2014Hey SSDDers (and Crickets)
RE: Dos Equis Pavillion, Dallas October 14: I’m driving over on Wednesday. Once back out in civilization, my cellphone will come back to life at 432 249 0032. My seat is Sec 205, Row B, Seat 1.
What finally made the decision for me was when, during a visit to my doctor a couple of weeks ago, I happened to ask what she thought about going to live music. (we had covid last October, and had both Modernas in March). She said as long as I maintained indoor protocols during the trip, I should be okay and responsible. As I was leaving she asked who I was going to see. "D&Co", I answered. "We are too she replied." That cinched it.
- September 3, 2021 - 6:25amJeffSmithJoined:June 9, 2014D&Co in Dallas
Hey now GOB, Mkav and SSDDers,
Man Mkav, bummer about the hip replacement conflict – still, in the big picture its great you're getting that taken care of. All the best. And stream on!!!
GOB: I've got a ticket for Dallas, but starting to have second thoughts about using it. I won't be eligible for the booster until November, and my two Moderna's are apparently staring to wane. Got a few weeks to decide.
- July 16, 2021 - 11:39ammkavJoined:June 30, 2007SoCalDead in DFW
can't make it, even though only a mere 4.5 hour drive north. Age is catching up: I'll be recovering from hip replacement surgery at that time.
if the Covid don't getcha, then arthritis will
- May 27, 2021 - 8:31amSoCalDeadFanJoined:January 26, 2015Hey Hey Hey,
Hope you all…
Hey Hey Hey,
Hope you all are well. We scored tix to Dead & Co Dallas on 10/14. Hit me up if you will be there!