- maryeJoined:May 26, 2007The bus came by. We got on. That's how it all began. Almost as soon as the Fare Thee Well shows were announced, folks started planning to meet in Chicago. They met. They connected. Things were never the same. And now, further! Or maybe Furthur.
- July 4, 2023 - 12:48pmJeffSmithJoined:June 9, 2014Earth to Boulder! . . . On to the Gorge
Hey "Crickets". . . Holy shitoly what an amazing 3 days at Folsom. As usual, D&Co took it up a few notches up from under Boulder's Flatirons at Folsom. And there were a full moons, double rainbows, cooling rain sprinkles (well, one intermission replacing "weather delay"). Dave Matthews sat in to end set 2 on the final night. And after Boulder banned 4th of July fireworks, D&Co et al trumped with hundreds of lighted, color-changing drones forming the Earth which morphed into several Stealie variations and more during drums/space, and then returned after the show as bears reminding us to "Please Be Kind" as we left the show and returned to Earth.
The baton now passes to Lisa and Chuck at the upcoming Gorge shows. Hang on.
- June 17, 2023 - 4:25ammkavJoined:June 30, 2007@MARYE
we will survive
- June 15, 2023 - 4:48pmmaryeJoined:May 26, 2007Hi, SSDDersso great to see this still lives!
- June 15, 2023 - 3:51pmmkavJoined:June 30, 2007Dallas
Hey Jeff, enjoy the show.
Sound in Dallas was fine, the musicianship was excellent, the crowd was cool, Shakedown St was all good...so all ingredients were in place...the energy was just not there consistently. I've caught 3 or 4 D&C and/or Bob Weir shows, and this one was just ...ehhhh. Videos from other stops seem more energized.
- June 10, 2023 - 7:24amJeffSmithJoined:June 9, 2014Boulder Anyone?
I'm meeting SSDDer Steve P. for the Boulder shows. Anybody else heading to Folsom?
Bummer MKAV, Sorry Dallas was disappointing this year. Couldn't make it this year, but thought the sound at last year's Dallas show was lacking – maybe sound-level restrictions from Fair Park? I talked to others who were in "lawn" and they thought the same thing about the sound. Could that have been part of the problem this year? Still sorry we missed connecting then last year. Onward.
- June 9, 2023 - 1:58pmmkavJoined:June 30, 2007I went to Dallas show and…
I went to Dallas show and was disappointed. sigh. The high points were excellent but there was just too much low energy, pointless noodling....very well played but no "zing". It was sort of boring IMO. I left early for the first and only time in seeing GD and related spin-offs since 1975.
- March 25, 2023 - 8:08pmmkavJoined:June 30, 2007Dallas May 2023
I'm going. Anyone else?
- October 13, 2022 - 2:44pmJeffSmithJoined:June 9, 2014Boulder next July anybody?
Meeting up with SSDDer Steve P. for all three at Folsom. Any other Daydreamers going? Can't touch the close-in seats anymore, but you can find $90 tix if you poke around.
Interesting Pigpen tribute from Strider, but I think we're now back to the Sunshine Daydreamers thread (plus lots of crickets).
- June 17, 2022 - 9:21amStrider 808808Joined:June 20, 2007Last Go Round for Pigpen 50 years ago
We had a thunderstorm after midnight last night. Lightning, thunder. I then opened Deadbase 50 and remembered June 17, 1972 was the last time Pigpen performed with the Grateful Dead. Albeit without singing. A major turning point for the band. They were never the same band again. But as with the winds preceding a monsoon storm we also experience the winds of change. Storm over the land (Carl Sandburg) indeed.
Last go round. Thank you Pigpen.
- June 13, 2022 - 12:57pmJeffSmithJoined:June 9, 2014Heading to Boulder
Hey now GOB (and the crickets that seem to have taken up residence here since FTW), Also hope lots of SSDDers get to a show or two this summer. I'll be at the two Folsom concerts. The only other SSDDer I know of going to Boulder is Spascarella. . . Lisa Deadgeek couldn't get away. Neither could James M. or Geomeister. Not sure who'll be driving the bus, but I know WE WILL GET BY! Onward, Oat Jeff