• 1,510 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    An institution in American rock music, the Grateful Dead continue to surprise the ears with new arrangements and altered styles. If their playing continues with the force that was heard in San Bernardino, the spirit of the Dead will live on. - Sun Telegram

We are more than pleased to kick off this year's Dave's Picks series with the much requested and quite spirited complete performance from Swing Auditorium, San Bernardino, CA 2/26/77. The Swing ’77 show was a unique beast, unlike any others from this era: as the band’s first concert of the year, it bridged the gap between the new and re-emerging sound of the returning 1976 Grateful Dead and the precision excellence of the spring ’77 Dead. Debuting two of their most intricately crafted songs of the 1970s, “Terrapin Station” (to open, no less!) and “Estimated Prophet,” the Dead demonstrated right from the start of this new touring year that they were not going to be a nostalgia act; they were going to be as adventurous and ambitious as they were at any time in their career.

Join the adventure as they soar through tried and true ("Playing In The Band," "Tennessee Jed"), well-loved covers ("Mama Tried," "Samson and Delilah," "Dancing In the Street"), and epic new jams.

Rounded out with three songs from Santa Barbara, CA 2/27/77, this one was recorded by Betty Cantor-Jackson and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

Dave's Picks Volume 29 is limited to 20,000 individually-numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • deadheadwalking
    Default Avatar

Still available??? Would be awesome for a gift!!

• Diggey
    Default Avatar

I hope I'm not breaking any rules and can delete this if I am. I have some Dead cds and Dave's Picks for sale and wanted to put them up here. I'm not trying to get rich, just movin' out some clutter. Send me a message and payPal preferred. shipping is included for all of them listed. Thanks

San Francisco, The Warfield 10/9 and 10/10/80- Record Store Day CD- $16 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 27- Boise State U, 9/2/83- $30 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 28- Capital Theater, Passaic, NJ, 6/17/76 - $30 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 29- Swing Auditorium, San Bernadino, Ca, 2/26/77 - $30 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 30- Fillmore East, NY, 1/2/70 - $30 shipping included
    Dave's Picks 30- Bonus CD- Fillmore East, NY, 1/3/70 - $30 shipping included

• spaulmcmurry
    Default Avatar

Any chance that extra of 29 is still available?

• Diggey
    Default Avatar

Hey all, if you missed this release, I have one available. $25 plus shipping. Send me a PM.

• Lovemygirl

...see you guys later Aligator! 😉
    🙏❤️😎

• nitecat

Yes thanks to all for making this a great thread. Furthur!

• JimInMD

The more things change.. the more they remain the same.
    Be good all, I hope things equalize on the DaP 30 thread.

Seriously, here's to humanity, civility, good karma and doing, and saying, things that help us all.

• Sixtus_

Right on Uncle Sam
    I'd think most may agree, this thread helped get our collective mojo back.
    Whether it was the awesomeness of the 'Schwiiiing' or just that the time was right, the metamorphosis is hard to ignore. I trust it will carry over with the momentum in tow aiming at the prime time rockabilly-fest in 2/3/70.

Peace All
    Sixtus

• unkle sam

Thanks everyone for making this a great forum to be a part of and to read thru, this was a good one. Now, on to 1/2>3/70 #30.

• hbob1995

So we still don't have a track listing for this. Weird.
    The guessing is killing me! Lol

Rock on

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 1 month

An institution in American rock music, the Grateful Dead continue to surprise the ears with new arrangements and altered styles. If their playing continues with the force that was heard in San Bernardino, the spirit of the Dead will live on. - Sun Telegram

We are more than pleased to kick off this year's Dave's Picks series with the much requested and quite spirited complete performance from Swing Auditorium, San Bernardino, CA 2/26/77. The Swing ’77 show was a unique beast, unlike any others from this era: as the band’s first concert of the year, it bridged the gap between the new and re-emerging sound of the returning 1976 Grateful Dead and the precision excellence of the spring ’77 Dead. Debuting two of their most intricately crafted songs of the 1970s, “Terrapin Station” (to open, no less!) and “Estimated Prophet,” the Dead demonstrated right from the start of this new touring year that they were not going to be a nostalgia act; they were going to be as adventurous and ambitious as they were at any time in their career.

Join the adventure as they soar through tried and true ("Playing In The Band," "Tennessee Jed"), well-loved covers ("Mama Tried," "Samson and Delilah," "Dancing In the Street"), and epic new jams.

Rounded out with three songs from Santa Barbara, CA 2/27/77, this one was recorded by Betty Cantor-Jackson and has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.

Dave's Picks Volume 29 is limited to 20,000 individually-numbered copies*.

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

There's another one from Bob's place on Midnight Cafe that's really something if you're interested.
3-17-75
It's got the boys doing multiple versions of Music Never Stopped, Stronger Than Dirt & a bunch of jams. Also several versions of Low Down Payment & Homeward Through The Haze with David Crosby.
Great stuff in really great quality. One of my favorites. A must have.
Get some...
EDIT~o.k. I just tried to look it up and can't find it. It might still be in there somewhere, I'm probably not using the correct search terms (I labeled mine as GD w/ D Crosby).
If ya can't find it but want it, drop me a pm and we'll work it out.
:O)

user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

In reply to by jrf68@hotmail.com

Both are also available on Midnight Café if ya want 'em.
Just punch in-Grateful Dead Warfield
-Grateful Dead Radio City Music Hall
and they should come up. Mostly soundboards without the officially released stuff and some aud. stuff as well. Enjoy
:O)

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by jrf68@hotmail.com

....It's my newest, favorite thing ever! Grate intermission music between Vegas Golden Knights periods. ✌️Thanks That's_Otis!

Thanks for the heads up about the 1999 Party. Its been out on cd for a while, but its a great album, recorded straight from the eye of the hurricane. Definitely a temptress on vinyl.
The mono Saucerful of Secrets could be interesting, too. Especially as the mono version of Piper at the Gates of Dawn is so much better than the stereo release.

I've just had a look at the RSD releases myself, and Gong Live at The Bataclan 1973 perfectly compliments the above two albums. Perfect soundtrack for floating in space.

user picture

Member for

9 years 11 months
user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by simonrob

Absolutely-100% gold standard. I am not one for queueing, so I hope it will be possible to buy these albums online at some point. Maybe I should stand in line this year to make sure. Only 800 copies of this one, too-good job Twink isn't a household name.

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

My pleasure!

Anyone else hear the "TLEO>NFA Jam" more as an embryonic "Supplication"? At first I thought I heard TLEO, but now, all I can hear is Supplication (with a healthy dose of NFA...)

Peace

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

There is a track on BHS locust abortion technician

A song in thai
Altered to repeat a vulgar word
"Dedicated to one little lady"

Some people can be assholes i tell you

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Listening to the Fillmore West 3/2/69 show on its 50th anniversary here. The Alligator Jam reminded me of The Seven.

September 29, 1969

https://archive.org/details/gd69-09-29.aud.early.hollister.79.sbeok.shn…

same version with images on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCtfQPD73Zc

March 21, 1970 (much shorter, out of Viola Lee)

https://archive.org/details/gd70-03-21.early.lee.pcrp.20184.sbeok.shnf/…

SIXTUS - thanks for the scoop on the Bouncy Jam - I'm sure I have that somewhere, and it's going right on to Scattered Bones.

user picture

Member for

8 years 6 months

In reply to by KeithFan2112

3-2-69
3-1-69
2-28-69
2-27-69
2-26-77

I had been hoping for 2-28-69 on vinyl this year for RSD. Kind of let down.....

user picture

Member for

8 years

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

*Disc 1
1 Dire Wolf (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/9/80)
2 Dark Hollow (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/9/80)
3 I’ve Been All Around This World (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/9/80)
4 Cassidy (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/9/80)
5 China Doll (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/9/80)
6 On The Road Again (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/9/80)
7 Bird Song (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/9/80)
8 The Race Is On (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/9/80)
9 Oh Babe, It Ain’t No Lie (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/9/80)
10 Ripple (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/9/80)

*Disc 2
1 On The Road Again (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/10/80)
2 It Must Have Been The Roses (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/10/80)
3 Monkey And The Engineer (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/10/80)
4 Jack-A-Roe (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/10/80)
5 Dark Hollow (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/10/80)
6 To Lay Me Down (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/10/80)
7 Heaven Help The Fool (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/10/80)
8 Bird Song (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/10/80)
9 Ripple (Warfield, San Francisco, CA 10/10/80)

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

:)))

user picture

Member for

13 years 3 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

I managed to almost squeeze in all 4 shows from the Fillmore on their 50th Anniversary. I forgot how great those shows sounded. I need to break those out more often. If you have a chance and I know they are PRICEY on Ebay, you won't be disappointed. They are really worth it if you can manage to get your hands on this Box. They are worth it alone for the 4 times THE ELEVEN is played.

user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

RSD Grateful Dead releases are listed in the .pdf without quantities, does that mean they are unlimited or undetermined numbers so far?

Also, Bob and Wolf Bros. show in Northampton the other night was most excellent. Highly recommend this tour if you missed the last one.

According to The Guardian newspaper, dated 3/2/2019,

"The death this week of Andre Previn, one of the few world famous classical musicians to be also entirely at home as a performer of improvised jazz, coincided with the 50th anniversary of a run of shows by The Grateful Dead that produced one of the finest recordings of collective rock improvisation."

This was a view published in the national mainstream press. Another indication of how unbelievable it is that these shows are still largely unavailable.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Icecreamconeheadkid - I was also bummed about not seeing 2/28/69 this year. I don't even have a functioning system to support a turntable, but I was ready to pull the trigger if it looked like we'd be getting all 4 in 4 years.

Brandon - it's funny, I damn near wrote the exact same thing you did yesterday about the 4 versions of the The Eleven. Captcha was kicking my butt though, so I made a quick getaway.

Anyone find an Eleven better than Two From The Vault? The previous night at the Shrine 8/23 gets a lot of fanfare, but I'm missing something in that one, compared to 8/24. Seems like the jamming and vocals are not as tight on 8/23 (but as far as Elevens go, it's still top-shelf). I also like 11/2/69 quite a bit. I think that's the one. Jerry gives a vocal "whooooooooa!" in the transition from St. Stephen, it's really intense in the car with the volume turned up to....(Dr. Evil pinky grin).

Gotta multi-year mix going with some French Roast. Things couldn't be better, as far as moments go.

Shakedown - Rocking the Cradle '78

Iko Iko > - DaP 12 '77
Stella

Chinacat Sun Rider - DP 23 '72 (Jerry on Fire alert)
Bird Song

The Other One - Anthem of the Moon '67 (i.e. the 10/22/67 live show from the Anthem re-release)

Dark Star > - 2/18/71
Wharf Rat >
Dark Star

Jam - Ladies & Gentlemen '71
Midnight Hour

New Potato Caboose - Download Series 3/17/68
China Cat >
The Eleven

Eyes Of The World - One From The Vault '75

Truckin' > 30 Trips '75
The Eleven Jam

Schoolgirl > Fillmore East 2/11/69

UJB - 30 Trips '74

Brokedown Palace - Winterland 1973 Complete Recordings
Loose Lucy
Here Comes Sunshine

Lovelight - E72 5/24/72

Capchka on vacation today.

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

I LOVE that 67 bonus that came with the Anthem 50th release! Primordial Dead, for sure!

I'm having a nice Sunday here in B'more too... playing some games with the wife (just destroyed her at Yahtzee... now on to domination of Essos in Game of Thrones RISK - that's a LONG player, for sure!) Also, I picked up some Jai-Alai IPAs from Cigar City Brewing (Tampa, FL.) Sure, I've already had one, don't judge ;)

Found it only appropriate to put on the Hunter Matrix of 6/24/74 at Jai-Alai Fronton. What a unique show! It definitely has moments that are a little shaky, but it's just such a quirky little gem, with some truly fierce playing throughout. 1st closes with WRS>China Doll, the 2nd set opens with a gorgeous little Jam>Ship of Fools... oh, there's the only (I think) Let it Rock, and a Dark Star>Spanish Jam too. Good stuff. Methinks this would make a good pick, but then again, what about Santa Fe? :)

Here's a link: https://archive.org/details/gd1974-06-23.mtx.seamons.105867.flac24

Anyone interested in getting a copy, PM me!

Happy Sunday, DeadLand!

Peace

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

Lovemygirl, thanks for the set list. Looks like this is kinda a new release since the original Arista release selected songs from the entire Warfield and Radio City runs.

....my radar pinged. We need to get a petition going. They played there three times, and all three are grate. I'll buy two, if that helps. You people know how to get my attention. Love Risk as well. Old school rules though. Not the new ones. Huge difference....Go Knights Go!! It's time to drop the puck.
....edit. Anyone know how to make the Bouncey Jam a smartphone ringtone?

user picture

Member for

12 years 3 months

Just for the anticipation alone. We are getting new DaPs, we have a new Garcia box on the way, more Dead boxes for sure, all of us have tickets coming in to our various events, we get to see our friends in our favorite settings.....god dammit this is better than Christmas. Good times abound!

...hello everyone, hope everyone is having a ‘grateful’ Sunday safe and comfy.
I can’t remember the quantity but I think the vinyl is 4,600 and the 2CD is 2,600, I don’t want to confirm this statement because of memory problems because of medical. I’ll have to look into that...
I was listening to 4/16/72 at the university in Denmark. The fifth show performed during the Grateful Dead’s Europe 72’ Tour which was released in the box-set as # 5 !!!
Great recording made and saved/preserved inside a university. ;)
Really love the energy and playing from the whole band and on top of that Jerry is just sweet as roses IMO. Have s safe grateful loving evening, god bless brothers n sisters : )

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

I'm familiar with the Jai-Alai 6/24 Dark Star and the Let It Rock I think was the one released as a bonus track. Would love to check out the whole shebang. Will PM you.

yeah, that Anthem bonus show is a nice little gem, especially considering there's only, what, one other official 1967 complete performance (30 Trips). If you're interested (or anyone), I shared out a link to some unique cover art I made for that 10/22/67 show, aka "Anthem Of The Moon"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ITFK1x4ZBQm1E5QtlehlJjWybgKpxZwc/view?…

Nothing like a rousing game of Risk. I've been looking for the version I grew up on, where the single armies are y shaped and the group of 10 armies look like an asterisk. tough find, even on Ebay.

user picture

Member for

6 years 6 months

Don’t think anyone had mentioned this one today, but it’s certainly worthy....I blasted it through my neighborhood at 9:00am this morning while shoveling the latest round of winter with nothing but stems and caps.....followed it up with the complete show from 03/03/81 at the Cleveland Music Hall...both phenomenal and played directly from the archive....my driveway is now shoveled and my garage is clean 😊

https://archive.org/details/gd68-03-03.aud.vernon.9374.sbeok.shnf

Then back inside to the fire and Jimmy Cliff, and now velvet underground....Max’s KC...so, so good!

Happy Sunday Dead Peeps...hope its been good to you!

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

I discovered most bands 10 - 20 years after they were well established, and Iron Maiden was no exception. I remember buying Genesis Foxtrot (my first Gabriel era release) and The Number of the Beast in Spring '93. What a couple of solid albums. Man I wish I could go back. First year tripping too. Couple times on acid, couple times on mushrooms. The best time was when it wasn't overpowering and we hit some keg parties. Nothing better than being half lit with five buddies, wandering around a keg party house. I swear I horcruxed that night and left part of my mind in that psychedelic half-world with some of the best friends I'll meet in this place. Who drove that night? I'm pretty sure they didn't indulge. Or did they? Wait a minute.... O'Dowd drove the Bronco off an embankment...did I say wait, my seat belt's not on yet? I'm beginning to think we didn't make it out of that one...

Black Peter, Pacific Northwest 6/26/73. Billy chauffeurs them straight through it - feels like double time, with some of the best ride symbol I've heard the man use. Garcia just Garcia's the shit out of it like another day at the office, and all the sudden I'm into Black Peter for the first time.

...I’m so grateful we have this community feeling going on again. To be honest after the Dead.net up-dated face lift went into effect I was worried that our community we had going on here for quit some time st that point, I had thoughts that it was all over, it seemed everyone ran away but in reality I believe most of us were just confused, scared and even maybe feared the new websites lay-out and programing...lol ha ha any way slowly but surly people/members started signing in again, first mostly about the recent Daves picks issues and then forum members helping/informing the Dead.net website team & Mayre what to fix or attend to any issues concerning navigating the new site...and our Community is back and L I V I N! What makes a great community is the community. I’m so grateful for everyone’s involvement on this board , thank you to all my brothers n sisters, god bless an remember everyone , Smild Smile Smile! Rock on my friends!.... :)

*2LP
RSD Exclusive 2019/Ltd. to 6500

*2CD
RSD Exclusive 2019/Ltd. to 3500
CD

...here is the info on how many copies are being produced/made for RSD Grateful Dead 2019...
Everyone have a grateful day ! ; )
...today I’ve been listening to Daves Picks #24 Berkeley Community Theater, August 25th 1972. To be honest, the sound of Phil’s bass doesn’t bother me at all when I playback my copy #9646/16500...what it/sound all comes down too in my book is the “Equipment” being used to play back the recorded performances and the environment/setting also plays a big role in the over all sound being produced. I starting to ramble on rose lol ha ha... take care everyone !
Peace be with you all... ;)

Stoltzy, great choice. Was at this one but don’t recall many specifics. Had a great time, loved it etc, Remember where we went after the show, but not so much show specifics? Also, never have gotten around to hearing this show even after all these years. Seems the last couple of years it keeps showing up more and more....finally have checked some of it out......personally think it would make a good Dave’s, probably better than that Boulder show they put out?
Believe someone said here recently there are good 2 track vault tapes through the end of 81?
Come on Dave! “Let’s get on the road again”

Site Traffic: my theory is timing played a part in why things slowed down so much. Many of us get extremely busy going into the the holiday season. Add the time and frustration of trying to navigate the new site and perhaps others like myself just didn’t have time to stop in and say Hi etc. I know I lurked most days but didn’t have time to post or hang out. Just a theory? Main thing is that things have been well here, folks have been playing nice and most of the regulars seem to be back...of course we miss Doc, and Bolo. Haven’t heard from my bizarro Seinfeld Twin oroboros in a while either 😉 Time for some more stories son!

Fall 73; all y’all had some great posts going the other day but we were deep in the midst of moving so no time to reply. Hopefully another week and we’ll get the acme LSD2000 music server fired back up. Been almost six months with no proper tunes!! The Horror! SIX MONTHS!!
Yeah, so saw those posts about the 73 Winterland Box etc. Someone stated how these seem to go under the radar, which I agree with but often wonder why? Amazing shows, total badass DS.
That’s one of my favorite boxes, Hell the Fall 73 tour is imho one of the best overall tours ever! Right up there with 2/69, E72, Winterland 74. Makes me wonder about the early fall 73 tour with the horns. I had a copy of I believe it was Buffalo way back when, but someone pilfered it from me. Have never heard much else from that tour and don’t recall anyone here speaking about any of those shows? I know the band was a little disappointed that they all didn’t mesh better, but considering how good the band was then you’d think there’d be some tasty shit in there they could put out?
If so that might make an interesting box, or how about a box of the unrealesed stuff from the last ten shows of the tour? Probably my all time biggest bummer is I missed out on the 12/6/73 bonus disc since I only recently was able to purchase Boxilla. Doooooooooo Think that 10/19/73 might be my favorite Dicks, or as Jim would say until whatever I listen to next 😎
Loved those 75 jams this weekend too, thanks for that, at least had something groovy on the iPad to schlep to.

NEXT BOX; so will we get the early Box this year or later release, or gulp, perhaps a double box release?
Not sure how stoked I’d be for the fall 80s box some here were talking about. I’m sure I’d dig it, but probably wouldn’t get a lot of use comparatively......
How bout a smaller pre 1970 early Box say 69 for 50th, and a bigger (rest of?) fall 89 for that tours 30th?
I know some will start whining immediately, but deep down I’ll always hope/wish for a summer 85 box even if it only sounds as good as the Riverbend 30 trips release. Man that was a fun/great tour!

Ok dead people, play nice and stay warm. Hopefully springs just around the corner. Remember back in the G.O.D when we’d all be jumping outta our skins about now as spring tour would be right around the corner?
PS: Charlie don’t hurt yourself with all that shoveling!

first set outstanding

2nd set seems a little underdeveloped, but no complaints

ever gone through a car wash listening to the GD? I did yesterday. trippy.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Funny timing, listened to the first two discs from 11/11/73 earlier this afternoon and then put on disc 3 with the cool Dark Star and I see the post from Oroborous referencing that very same badass DS. I will second the sentiment. Actually listened to all three shows from that Winterland '73 box over the last few days, and all are top shelf. Kind of realized I was fiending a little for new releases and maybe not enjoying the ones I already had, so I am in the process of revisiting some of the older boxes and such, so far breaking out the first May '77 box and the Spring '90 TOO box and the studio remasters box sets, Golden Road and Beyond Description. I think next up is Blues for Allah with the '75 jams that folks have been so keen on lately. Thanks to Sixtus for pointing out that they are the jams released on the remastered BFA from the Beyond Description, I find that I really don't have a clear idea of what all of the extras are on those remastered releases. Also noticed the talk of Reckoning / One for the Faithful, and I expect I will be giving that one a spin soon as well, been a while.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

Just hitting the transition from the badass DS into the equally badass Eyes from 11/11/73. Man I love '73.

user picture

Member for

7 years 6 months

In reply to by Charlie3

Would love the 89 fall idea and of course they recorded the whole tour through spring 1990 with that Le Mobile recording truck. However, our prospects are looking dimmer and dimmer the further we get into March for a Spring release. September is looking like a strong possibility again this year. 😫

An under-rated year with some recording issues. I always liked 08/12/81 Salt Palace - Salt Lake City, UT.

I think there are audience patches, but the soundboard portion sounds exceptionally clean and crisp.. highlights are the 1st set Althea and the Scarlet/Fire and MDew, but the whole show is tight and well played. A great show from the early Brent years.

I could definitely do a deep dive into 81 and 82 and come up with some nice gems. In all honesty, now that so many shows have been officially released I spend less time listening to the wealth of great shows that have not passed through Jeffrey Norman's hands.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

I enjoy some '81. I wish the tapes sounded as good as they did in 77 (or at least DaP 8). Jerry's voice still has a lot of that glint in it from the 70s. Weir was still singing very well, and not quite doing the scream thing. Some great Shakedown Streets too, and Feel Like a Stranger was in its prime - love the Moog riff from Brent - wonder if he wrote that? I enjoy the 30 Trips Around the Sun show from Cornell. Some lengthy patches hurt in places - the UJB encore comes to mind. But I guess my point is there are a lot great performances in 81 that I've heard spread out among different shows. While I'm usually not a fan of the cherry picking nature of a lot of the Road Trips series, I think that approach suits a year like 81, where there is a lot of uneven audio quality. Just my two cents. I guess to sum it up I would say, would that there were more high quality recordings from that year, because there is a lot of great content. IMHO 1981 is a perfect year to make a 6 CD set culled together from the very best in audio and performance gigs. There's althea's in there, there's some interesting jams featuring brendt B3, and there are some new takes on old classics, which was par for the course just due to the change in personnel that took place when Brent joined the band.

user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

that would be sooooo cool.

primal Primal GD

user picture

Member for

9 years 11 months

Mbarilla & Stolzfus inspired me to track down what's available on the archive from 4/24/66 – only 2 tracks plus 5 others from 4/22 along with other gems from the amazingly dosed blur of 1966:
https://archive.org/details/gd1966-XX-XX.sbd.GEMS.81254.flac16

While reading L. Rosley's review there, I noticed his link for browsing the Dead by year on the LMA/Archive. Probably nothing new to many, but I'd never seen the link before. Just in case:
https://archive.org/browse.php?collection=GratefulDead&field=%2Fmetadat…

user picture

Member for

6 years 6 months

Hey Now All-

Would anyone be willing to share digital copies of the Spring 90 Boxes with me? I had digital copies of both boxes at one time, but lost them last year in hard drive crash. I've been able to recover most of what I have lost with some help from some kind folks here, but the Spring Boxes and 30 Trips still allude me. I do have my eye on the 30 trips "All Music version" but can't pull the trigger just yet.

Any help would be appreciated.....I would like to listen to these shows throughout March and April if possible.

Thanks in advance!

KCJ

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

Anyone see the 45 download for the latest 45?

user picture

Member for

6 years 6 months

Man there are a lot of real cool folks on this site...you just got to poke around...

Now Spinning Ween: 12 Golden Country Grates...if you’ve never heard Ween, this is a fun one to start with and a great change of pace from the serious jams that we all love! It’s a regular for me...on volume 10 now.....wifes still at work...my poor daughter....

Edit: and if if you don’t end up liking Ween...”.you can piss up a rope, put on your shoes start truckin”....just fuckin around of course but I love that line!

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/dave-s-picks-vol-29-1.html