• 2,197 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    "To my ears, the best Dead shows are those that not only fit the criteria that make them amongst the best of a year, but that are also completely unique for their era—shows that fit perfectly into their year of performance, but also fall somewhat outside of the norm for that year. Harpur College, Veneta, Cornell, Cape Cod, and Augusta are all shows that are objectively excellent, and if they are not the best from their respective years of performance, they are certainly unique. Miami 6/23/74 falls into that category: not only one of the very best shows from this outstanding year, but also one of the most interesting and unique. It’s certainly worthy of many, many deep listens." - David Lemieux

¡Ándale, ándale! ¡Arriba, arriba! We're back with a hot one from Miami, F-L-A. DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 34 features the complete show from the Jai Alai Fronton, 6/23/74, one with unparalleled sound quality due in equal parts to the Wall Of Sound and the beautiful sonic clarity of Kidd Candelario's tapes. The first set is chock full of dynamite takes on classics like "Ramble On Rose," "Mississippi Half-Step," and "Cumberland Blues." The second set delivers on the JAMS - one leading into a gorgeous "Ship Of Fools," one rare instrumental version of "Dark Star," and a "Spanish Jam," this is Miami after all! The show also offers up a "first" and an "only" - the former, a Seastones set featuring Phil and Ned Lagin and the latter, the sole Grateful Dead performance of Chuck Berry's "Let It Rock."

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.34: JAI ALAI FRONTON, MIAMI, FL 6/23/74 has been mastered from the 7.5 IPS reel-to-reel tapes to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman. ¡Agarrarlo mientras esta calientito! (Get it while it's hot!)

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Subscribed to Dave's Picks? With this release, you'll also get a bonus disc with selections from Miami 6/22/74. Excellente!

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • Bolderdash
    Any sub/bonus-disc versions that are unnumbered?

This is kind of an odd question but I am wondering if anyone is aware of the existence of subscriber versions of this (with the bonus disc) that are NOT numbered? The reason I ask is because when this was released, my order got utterly lost en route, and so I contacted Dead.net for a replacement. IIRC, the title was already sold out, and yet I got a replacement with the subscriber bonus disc, which made me happy. I had been so anxious to hear an official version of these shows that by the time the replacement was sent, I had already obtained the digital audio files from what may or may not have been nefarious means.. So I kept my copy sealed. Then, lo and behold, months later my original order shows up at my door, and in one piece too!

But I've been hanging on to that replacement order for years now, and since times are especially tough in my house, I'm considering selling it for whatever the invisible hand of the market decides its worth. However, I can't discover whether or not it is a numbered copy without breaking the shrink wrap. So back to my question - are they any known *unnumbered* copies of this or any other DP entries that shipped with a bonus disc? I've also heard of people collecting the unnumbered / promo copies, which seems weird to me (it's not like promo vinyl where there are sound quality reasons to want a white-label promo).

On a related note, I received another unnumbered copy, this time DP 49, in February, and Dead.net replied to my inquiry in record time and sent out a replacement via FedEx lickity-split. I've also had a few vinyl orders that shipped out FedEx as the default lately. Good on them for (finally) upping their shipping game!

• uncle_tripel

...thanks for passing on the photo's from Jai-Alai from your friend, just looking at them as I load up disc 1 for today's LET IT ROCK n roll show. Sending MANY healing VIBES your way!

PEACE ALL!
    uncle_tripel

• uncle_tripel

keep'em comin', more '74!
    celebrating 50 years!!

uncle_tripel

• icecrmcnkd

Yes, it was available for $28.98 last Thursday.

9-8-73, -2-23-74, 11-2-69/12-26-69 still available.

• icecrmcnkd

I think that 6-23-74 was just available last week as part of the warehouse finds.

• OpenYourEyes
    Please re-release this one or make it available digitally!

See subject.
    Such a shame that these great releases get locked away or only available to those who can pay super inflated prices on the reseller market!

• Forensicdoceleven
    You are the music while the music lasts......

DEWAJACK check your pm..............................

Rock on,

Doc

• daverock

I often look on Discogs site to see if there are second hand box sets that I am looking for. I can't say I have ever bought a Dead show from them-and those I have looked at don't come cheap. But I have found bargains by other artists-so it's worth a look if you haven't checked them out before.

• dewajack
    Default Avatar

Long time Dead listener. I've purchased Dead shows on and off through the years, but have missed the boat on many great shows officially released in recent years due to life's demands. Last item I purchased was "Get Shown the Light." I was wondering is there anywhere to buy sold out official Dead releases for a reasonable price anywhere? I get on eBay and about pass out when I see the prices listed for individual Dave's Picks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Forensicdoceleven

Well, finally got my stuff, not exactly what I asked for but it'll have to do. Better late than never, I suppose...........

Nothing left to discuss here, let's move on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Doc
    Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 3 months

"To my ears, the best Dead shows are those that not only fit the criteria that make them amongst the best of a year, but that are also completely unique for their era—shows that fit perfectly into their year of performance, but also fall somewhat outside of the norm for that year. Harpur College, Veneta, Cornell, Cape Cod, and Augusta are all shows that are objectively excellent, and if they are not the best from their respective years of performance, they are certainly unique. Miami 6/23/74 falls into that category: not only one of the very best shows from this outstanding year, but also one of the most interesting and unique. It’s certainly worthy of many, many deep listens." - David Lemieux

¡Ándale, ándale! ¡Arriba, arriba! We're back with a hot one from Miami, F-L-A. DAVE’S PICKS VOLUME 34 features the complete show from the Jai Alai Fronton, 6/23/74, one with unparalleled sound quality due in equal parts to the Wall Of Sound and the beautiful sonic clarity of Kidd Candelario's tapes. The first set is chock full of dynamite takes on classics like "Ramble On Rose," "Mississippi Half-Step," and "Cumberland Blues." The second set delivers on the JAMS - one leading into a gorgeous "Ship Of Fools," one rare instrumental version of "Dark Star," and a "Spanish Jam," this is Miami after all! The show also offers up a "first" and an "only" - the former, a Seastones set featuring Phil and Ned Lagin and the latter, the sole Grateful Dead performance of Chuck Berry's "Let It Rock."

Limited to 22,000 numbered copies, DAVE’S PICKS VOL.34: JAI ALAI FRONTON, MIAMI, FL 6/23/74 has been mastered from the 7.5 IPS reel-to-reel tapes to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman. ¡Agarrarlo mientras esta calientito! (Get it while it's hot!)

*Limited to 2 per order. Very limited quantity available.

Subscribed to Dave's Picks? With this release, you'll also get a bonus disc with selections from Miami 6/22/74. Excellente!

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Good evening students of ancient provincial religions and pagan cult practices,

Had a question for those much wiser and cultured than myself. I recently picked up a Fender Rhodes piano (73 suitcase) to fiddle about, fiddle about on, and I was curious on the Dead's history with the instrument.

I know Keith played one at some point, 73-74?, though preferred the acoustic piano sound. I know I've heard it at some point, but would anyone have any favorite / recommended highlights of Keith on the Rhodes? Did he play it any later than 74?

Similarly, the Grateful Dead gear book says Brent had a Rhodes in his arsenal as of ~1983, I don't think I've ever noted him on it in my listening. Similar question to Keith - Any highlights / recommendations / even known examples? I gather it was never a frequent use for either.

As far as I know, no records of the other keys players using one.

Hope everyone is safe and satisfied,

Muleskinner

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Thanks for the heads up, got it, sent one back. Nice to hear from you.

Funny to see the references to The Knack on here. Get The Knack was one of my early vinyl acquisitions circa 7th or 8th grade, had to have it after hearing My Sharona on the radio. I have fond memories of listening to that album and I still have the vinyl, but the only songs that I can remember off the top of my head now are My Sharona and Good Girls Don't, another catchy tune from that album.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 10 months

If I'm not mistaken, 11/18/72 was also a RSD CD release (as well as on vinyl, of course). Fabulous single disc release with possibly my favorite PITB.

At the time of this release, I think there was mention here that the rest of the tapes were of poor quality and could not be used for release purposes. Anyone?

Edit: My recollection is that the tapes for the rest of 11/18/72 were damaged. At the time there was no mention of the other shows' tapes.

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

In reply to by The Outer One

I hope you're wrong. Perhaps Dave meant the rest of 11/18 was not usable, but those other Texas shows would be fine with me.

Love that PITB. Love almost all the 72 PITB's.

Who am I kidding, I love almost every PITB ever performed. But the 72 versions are in a league of their own.

user picture

Member for

17 years

One time I asked David Lemieux his favorite Box of Rain and he said 11/18/72 (I like DP 28 2/26-2/28/73). I checked for a recording and could never find one. The bass is especially chunky on that Hofheinz RSD release.

user picture

Member for

7 years 3 months

Get The Knack, Glass Houses, The Game, I could go on and on... all those cassettes I got about 14 for a penny if I paid $2.99 for a couple more or whatever, shit, I built an entire music library off Columbia House and, later, BMG Music Service.

For the record, Berton Averre (he's still around) was the m'fer who laid down that brilliant extended guitar solo on "My Sca-rotum". Sadly, most modern FM stations play a truncated version of the song with that extended break cut down, but that classic guitar solo is and was an impeccable composition itself, a song within the song.

Doug Fieger, the singer, had the teenage girlfriend think her name was Sharon or someting. He's dead now.

The Knack... they certainly had their bright, shining moment. As did Columbia House.

I know a number of you remember Columbia House, and the feeling you got when an entire box of new music arrived at your house. For a penny. Like now, when new Dead releases arrive. Christmas morning in July or whatever.

\m/

user picture

Member for

12 years 7 months

KJohnDuf, thanks for the tip--I have been dabbling in 78 recently, and that show (Providence, RI) fit like a glove. You're right, that 17-plus minute "Let it Grow" smoked indeed, the perfect tune to end that killer set! And you know when Betty is at the controls, it's gonna sound like butter.....thanks again.

LEDDED--"Columbia House"...Completely forgot about them. I swear I took about 400 albums off them for a penny, good times for a young music fan...not sure what the hell they were thinking thou, seems like a horrible business model.

Just watched the new video posted out front: (Cold Rain and Snow (Washington, DC 6/14/91)....pretty sweet/Jerry and Hornsby look happy....Vince, sadly, not so much.

LMG - Dude, make things right....

....mail a penny. Get music. I member. I think I got Rubber Soul, Tattoo You and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road in that fashion.
Been a while. Might be wrong.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Nice Kansas reference VGuy, I actually just picked up Leftoverture on CD in the last couple months, still have my original vinyl of that and Point of Know Return, both good choices when I'm in the mood for some prog rock. I always dug Leftoverture and it still works for me, some pretty cool stuff on that album.

Recently picked up DP 32, 8/7/82. I had always passed because of the strongly worded caveat emptor warning which suggested sound quality was weak, but I was pleasantly surprised as the sound quality was better than I expected and nothing that interfered with my enjoyment of the show.

user picture

Member for

12 years 11 months

In reply to by Charlie3

Powerful song, great encore, meaningful lyrics. From what I read not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.

Nite all.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 10 months

In reply to by JimInMD

On a gray New England morning, a little Peggy O to start my day. From Dave’s 15. 4-22-78, it’s a good one. Never met a Peggy O I didn’t like. Some are better then others, but I’ve never heard a bad one.

user picture

Member for

11 years 8 months

Count me in as a beneficiary of Columbia House’s generosity. My music library expanded by the hundreds for the cost of a few dollars. To the constant aggravation of my wife, I still have them all.

The Weight - I agree with Sir James. One of my favorite songs that the GD ever covered. I wish they had covered more songs from The Band, particularly Up on Cripple Creek and Acadian Driftwood.

user picture

Member for

16 years 4 months

I'm looking to fill some gaps in my collection. I have a few of the official downloads/CDs that they released way back when but they are no longer available.

Anyone out there looking to trade some shows? I have a pretty deep collection of Dead/Phish/Panic/Mule/Cheese/Etc.

Google Drive works great!

DM me.

user picture

Member for

17 years

Phil May, the frontman of The Pretty Things, has died aged 75 after suffering complications from emergency hip surgery. Seems he fell off his bicycle. Another sad loss.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

11/18/72 That's right! Good catch Outer One. My memory isn't the best.
I also love that Playin in the Band (and all others) - Phil heavy for sure. But it was definitely a good year for Playing In the Band. 11/15/72 Oklahoma City is in my top 5, as well as Veneta 72. Good Box of Rain too. My favorite might be the one from 3/24/73 (Dave's 32). The Spectrum just provides a good vibe I guess.

Charlie3 - I love DP32. Pretty bad sound quality, as far as official releases go. But the show, is one of the best, in my opinion. As I said above...those Playin in the Bands...

JimiNMD - I am also a fan of The Weight - Its just a great song, don't really care who does it. I think Dylan was even most jealous of that song after hearing Big Pink. Saying something along of lines of "I wish I'd written that." Its also interesting that Brent's last lead line was "Ive got to go but my friends can stick around."

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

In reply to by simonrob

Really sorry to read this. I count myself as being very lucky indeed to have seen The Pretty Things several times over the last 10 years, and every show I saw was exceptional. Together with guitarist Dick Taylor, he used to sign whatever you offered him after gigs, and he was a pleasure to talk to. Often with musicians, in circumstances like this, I feel a bit awkward, but he was very easy to approach and chat with. The last show I saw was their last show a couple of years ago, with Van Morrison and Dave Gilmour guesting.

No need to go searching for their box sets on Discogs...I've already got them.

I might have most of this somewhere.. but I don't think I ever digitized most of it. I will take a look later this weekend and see what I can dig up.

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

Dave's Picks 17 features a very loud Fender Rhodes Keith. I would recommend Weather Report Suite and Scarlet Begonias. I'd be crazy not to steer you to the Bird Song from the Pacific Northwest Box Set (6/22/73). Around three minutes in Keith puts on a Fender Rhodes clinic. And then there's the Road Trips Wall of Sound Morning Dew from the bonus disc. At about 8:45 Keith and Jerry have this incredible quiet duet that's so good I don't think anyone wants to interrupt it and move the song along. What a great song.

Jimmy - Dead & Co played the Weight when I saw them at the Garden back in November. Not usually a favorite of mine but it knocked all of our socks off live. It's a real get up and sing song. Not that we weren't standing the whole show.

Mustin, I've long been an advocate of the Autumn Playing in the Bands. Check out the Berkley Dave's Picks release - I think it's almost as good as Veneta. But yeah all of those fall releases get into at least the 16- 30 minute Zone; but they have all the intenseness of the Spring '72 Europe shows (some of which only actually have a three and a half minute jam section, believe it or not).

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

Vguy mentioned Tattoo You. There's a song called Worried About You that has a Fender Rhodes melody throughout. That'll give you a real nice sample of its core sound. You'll know more about this device pretty quickly I think, but it's my understanding it does have different tones and modes. I forget which songs, but I recall Keith using some kind of oscillator once in awhile in '74.

....play Worried About You.
Was never a big Stones fan, but Tattoo You was my introduction to them, courtesy of my best friends older brother, who also got us high on weed for the first time. In a t-top Trans Am. Circa 1981. I member.
I believe Keith was playing an oscillator during the NFA->GDTRFB at Missoula '74.

user picture

Member for

9 years 10 months

I first heard the Stones in 5th grade when Start Me Up hit it big. Who could forget that right? There were two big rock stations from Philadelphia in my Jersey suburb, WMMR & WYSP. For weeks it seemed was either on one of those radio stations or on the brand new MTV. They played so many of the songs on the radio that I never bought the album until about five years ago. I was never much of a Ron Wood era fan. Once I heard Taylor Play Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Time Waits For No One, I got into those albums first. Not to mention that nasty rhythm hook from Bitch - I didn't realize it was Taylor playing that part until I saw the live '72 Exile Tour video. Then it all made sense. Of course it's Taylor. That riff is way too smooth and way too fast. Keith would hate playing that live every night.

But yeah, Worried About You, great song deep cut. I used to just cherry pick they're really good songs from The Ron Wood albums, but once I gave them their fair due, there's some great stuff on those records. Black and Blue was the first record they cut after Mike Taylor quit the band - there's a song called Hand of Fate that drips with Richards riffitude and Jagger swagger. Never got the radio air play it should have and never got the live play it should have. Fucker never even made a greatest hits comp, wtf.

BITCH Live 1972:

https://youtu.be/3N0A2b7nbdM

Hand Of Fate Studio 1975 (Mick Taylor was gone by now, but you can see him in this unofficial video that a fan put together with some rare footage from around 72-73; it's cooler than just staring at the album cover for 4 and 1/2 minutes).

https://youtu.be/PbgIBitqvHo

user picture

Member for

17 years

has anyone possibly have scans of the individual art of the original fillmore west cds? Not talking about the vinyl i believe they are different. PM if you got them, replies kind of get buried in here

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

In reply to by KeithFan2112

Keith...nice clip of The Stones circa 1972 to accompany Hand of Fate. Incidentally, that's Wayne Perkins playing lead guitar on that track. He played on three songs on Black and Blue-the sublime Memory Motel and the godawful Fool To Cry being the other two.

On the subject of Stones guitarists....Brian Jones. There was a great compilation of films from The Ready Steady Go! series shown recently on TV. The show originally aired on British TV in the mid 1960s. There was a great film of The Stones doing Paint It, Black, with Brian Jones sitting cross legged on the floor playing a sitar. Also showed them miming to Sonny and Cher's I Got You Babe, with Bill and Charlie looking very uncomfortable at having to mime words of endearment to another man. Didn't seem to bother Mick too much.

user picture

Member for

7 years 3 months

Worried About You is indeed a beautiful song. That whole album, while thrown together from various bits lying around across past sessions, is a great listen. Another personal favorite, Slave... what a dirty groove. I don't know about the Rolling Stones being the World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band, but they sure as shit were the World's Coolest Rock and Roll Band for a hell of a long time. And now with this bullshit covid cancelling their summer tour, I am grateful beyond belief that we took our then six and eight year olds to see them last summer. Never too early to start punching the bucket list.

There's too many great Stones songs to even make a list. Patti Smith's cover of Gimme Shelter is incredible for anyone who hasn't heard it, as well as Christine Ohlman's All Down The Line.

My parents took me to see the Black and White Minstrel Show.

Grand Funk did a good version of Gimme Shelter too. My favourite Stones version is at The Paradiso Amsterdam on 5/26/95. Its one of the shows included as a blu ray on the Totally Stripped collection. What makes it is Lisa Fischer's vocals. She lifts the song into a different dimension altogether. If you haven't heard it yet and like the song-you're in for a treat. Gimme Shelter really came into its own when she stepped forward and sang.There must be loads of live versions on youtube-but that one quoted above may be the most spine tingling I have seen and heard.

user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

Just put it on again..... very relaxing... Gonna have to say favorite bonus disc since Cleveland 12/6/73!!!! bob t.... It was actually 73 and sunny today in Rhode Island........

....improv master. Going to put on Best In Show later. Huge fan of Christopher Guests mockumentaries. Spinal Tap, Best In Show, Waiting For Guffman, For Your Consideration, A Mighty Wind. All classics. FYI, if you enjoy this type of humor, Netflix has this show on called Documentary Now! If nothing else, watch the Blue Jean Committee episodes. LMAO x 2!! Schitt's Creek is great as well. I dip into Who's Line Is It Anyway as well. Laughter is great medicine, especially these days.
Fred Willard went to 11.

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

Fred willard was awesome in Salem's lot and WKRP in Cincinnati. Real funny.

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Thanks for bringing up Dave's 24...I hadn't heard that one in a while. I agree, almost as good as the Playin from Veneta. (everything at Veneta is hard to beat, IMO). I forgot how good that Truckin>TOO is. Some powerful stuff. And speaking of being a Keith fan, he has some very nice moments in that Other One.

user picture

Member for

11 years 8 months

VGuy. You are correct. Fred Willard was fantastic. You had a sense that things were coming close to an end in his last appearance on Modern Family.

Best in Show is a hugely underrated movie. Fred‘s role as the color commentator is utterly hysterical.

“This may seem like a silly question but if you have a French dog, a Chinese dog and a German dog, do they all bark the same?”

“I went to one of those obedience schools. Things were going great until they spilled hot wax on my private parts.”

user picture

Member for

7 years 1 month

Fred's so funny. He makes you feel embarrassed by the rude comments he makes to stuffy kind of people. Funny clip vguy.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Thanks so much for the Rhodes suggestions, going to check those out.

Love the Stones discussions too, my binge-song a few weeks ago was Connection. Such an odd structure, really. The album version and the live versions (Shine A Light 2007 is the one I go back to) are different animals to an extent.

The recently reissued Rock N Roll Circus is also killer. To me, The Who steal the show with the version of A Quick One While He's Away, but some cool stuff otherwise.

Yer Blues by "The Dirty Mac" is raunchy as hell....Lennon, Richards, Clapton, Mitch Mitchell. That's not a half bad group....

But Elmore James cut the definitive version. Great recording by him on you tube to the right of the clip posted of The Stones version-which, incidentally, isn't actually The Stones. Mick, Bill, Charlie, Nicky Hopkins and Ry Cooder. It was on an album of outtakes called Jamming With Edward, I believe.

user picture

Member for

8 years 1 month

...hello old friend, I hope your doing well ,During this medical crisis physically, mentally and spiritually My brother.
I posted that cover song of Its Hurts Me To, thinking to myself my friend Dave is gonna love this track! Peace be with you and have a grateful day my friend🙏❤️💀🌹

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

Fred Willard NOT on WKRP. You might be thinking of Frank Bonner who played Herb.

Not a big Fred Willard fan, nothing for everyone, right? WKRP had about 5 minutes of my attention back in the day. The "I swear to God I thought turkeys could fly", was the best episode.

Fernwood 2 tonight, only held my interest for moments, (along with Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman).

But as Martin Mull says, "I rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy".

In any event, RIP Fred.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 1 month

Thanks for the link Robzz! Great cover of a great song by a great band.

You are all forgiven!!!!! Hell yeah!!!!

user picture

Member for

6 years 7 months

Hey all, bouncing back to the guitar playing topic from earlier this week...found this recent video lesson this morning from John Mayer. Not for the beginner, however if you know pentatonic structure there are some great takeaways. Also great insight into styling and entertaining to watch. I had no clue he was doing this before today, but there are a lot of other lessons/videos from him as well. I think it’s cool as shit that he takes the time to put these out for fans and student to learn. Nice work JM!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MXxLR8s4xRQ

Enjoy the lesson, enjoy the day

KCJ

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Dennis, I thought the same thing about Fred Willard on WKRP, but I googled it and Fred Willard was on WKRP, actually "The New WKRP in Cincinnati", for at least one episode as Nancy's father. So while it appears that Fred wasn't on the original WKRP, he was on "The New WKRP in Cincinnati". Looks like you're both part right.

user picture

Member for

17 years

Some progress here. UPS tracking reported that on May 1, 2020 at 11:09 pm it was processed through Los Angeles International Distribution Center. This has now been updated and now states that on May 15, 2020 at 5:58 P.M. the package departed the international carrier facility. This is a bit strange as UPS handed it to USPS and their last tracking entry still reports that on May 1, 2020 at 11:09 pm it was processed through Los Angeles International Distribution Center. Maybe USPS are just slow on updating their tracking information. Whatever, that the tracking information is still being updated is reason for optimism. Maybe later this week.......

I have season 1 and I believe 2 on DVD.

I was always kind of partial to Dr. Fever and Jennifer.

Loved that show. Never new they came out with a New WKRP.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/dave-s-picks-store/dave-s-picks-vol-34.html