• 2,627 replies
    clayv
    Default Avatar
    During the mid-1970s, the Grateful Dead saga was unfolding like a Greek classic. The Sisyphean Wall Of Sound had nearly broken the band. From it spawned a Medusa head of countless side projects, all deliciously fruitful but woefully not the same as the whole. The chorus lay in wait, pondering the reemergence of their heroes, and wondering if "THE LAST ONE" had really been it...

But in early 1976, Apollonian light and healing would shine upon our intrepid wanderers once again. No more epic battles for the people with cops and lines and tightness, the Dead would return triumphant in smallness, playing intimate theaters and renting equipment along the way. No more ticket scams and greedy promoters, they'd give back with first ever mail-order ticket program, one that had a few kinks to work out but eventually served the fans well.

Musically, June 1976 signaled a Golden Age of harmony and prosperity for the Dead. It marked an Odysseusian-like return for Mickey Hart. Donna Jean was in lock-step with the sirens' call. Jerry and Bob delivered orphic delight with solo musings like "Mission In The Rain" (the only tour they ever played it on), "The Wheel," and "Cassidy," emboldened by group effort. There was fresh repertoire from Blues For Allah, breathing new life to the Dead's continually morphing sound - as Weir once said of the '76 tour, they wanted to play "a little bit of all of it." Old favorites were re-envisioned with cascading tempos and unique sequencing, making the crowd question if they'd ever heard these songs before. And there was comfort and joy in the familiarity of watching the band make it up as they went along. By all means, it was clear that the bacchanalia of live Dead would reign on.

And now the revelry from this epoch, evidenced by the near-studio quality sound captured on two-track live recordings by Betty Cantor-Jackson, lives on, bolstered by Jeffrey Norman's HDCD mastering. It's housed for posterity in a handsome box featuring original art work by Justin Helton. It’s documented in liners by Jesse Jarnow and photos by Grant Gouldon. And it’s ready for a spot on your shelf. 

As part of our pre-order for this Dead.net exclusive boxed set, we'll be delivering downloads of each listening party - one for each show included in JUNE 1976 - to purchasers from now until the March 20th release. Order at any time before release and you'll receive all the listening parties to date.

Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 12,000

What's Inside:

• 5 Previously Unreleased Complete Shows On 15 Discs
    • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/10/76
    • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/11/76
    • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/14/76
    • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/15/76
    • Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ 6/19/76
    • Sourced from Two-Track Master Tapes, Recorded By Betty Cantor-Jackson
    • Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
    • Restoration and Speed Correction by Plangent Processes

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • mdempste
    Default Avatar

I am a relatively new deadhead (5 years or so) and had never really focused on 1976 because in some ways it seemed like it was a warm up for the greatness of 1977. At first listen to the box set, I thought there were some great moments, but it really didn’t change my opinion (I admit likely because of my bias going in). However, I put the June 14 Beacon show in the regular rotation and found myself coming back to it regularly, so I decided to re-listen to the whole set and my goodness, what a great batch of shows this is. Every show is very well played and every night had greatness as well. Several of these shows are in the regular rotation now and even as a newbie, I can see how the band was progressing from these shows, to the early 77 shows (I love the Swing show), which then progress to the spring and fall 77 shows.

• DeadHead1974

The shipping box is collectible in itself.

• deadacated
    Default Avatar

Testing with Lossless Audio Checker shows the June 1976 FLAC download in 24/192 format
    ( https://store.dead.net/music/digital/june-1976-flac-192-24-1.html )

and the Pacific Northwest '73-'74- The Complete Recordings FLAC download in 24/192
    ( https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/pacific-northwest-73-74-the-com… ) to be "Upsampled."

I have notified Jeffrey Norman and Rhino. I sent Jeffrey the logs of the LAC test results showing 80% of the June 76 files being upsampled. While he was very nice in his response, he had no explanation for the finding. Rhino has not responded to any e-mails. It is important to note that the files on both test “Clean” after downsampling to 24/96, which, likely, means the files, were originally digitized at 24/96 or digitized at 24/192 and downsampled to 24/96 for mastering. Whatever the case Rhino needs to disclose this fact on their web site or change the files for sale to 24/96.

• marye
    send me a PM with your order details and I'll see what the Doc can do about this.
  • ldraznin
    Default Avatar

i just received my copy. it came in an outer box that had clearly been reused. some of the old labels were torn off, others were partially covered by newer labels. the tape was poorly replaced, but worst of all, the inner box had the cellophane torn and the box was scratched.

i’m so disappointed. for $150 i expect a better product.

these are the first CDs i’ve ordered from this site...if they all come like this, i don’t know that i’ll order again.

i’ve emailed the fulfillment company. hopefully i’ll hear back soon.

• icecrmcnkd

6-29-76 needs to be released soon

• Happy Will
    Default Avatar

Just surpised it hasn't sold out yet. It is much much better than I was anticipating - really getting 1976 now.

• MrHeartbreak

I ordered this recently, since there are less than 1K to go, and I have to say, I'm really pleased with the appearance of this set. It showed up quickly, having avoided the initial rush to get it, and it's a beautiful package. Sounds good so far. I know I'll get much enjoyment out of these tunes, of course.

For those who wondered about the booklet: this is not a defect. I'm in the publishing business, and I know that most paperbacks these days are what's called "perfect bound," which means the pages are glued in. Open the book completely, crease the spine, and you'll leave a mark; open and close it enough, and the pages will start to fall out.

This booklet is more like a very slim version of an old paperback, where the pages are held by string. That means you can open it up and flip through it many times for years to come, with no worries that the pages will fall out. It's both an aesthetic decision and a practical one. So it may look weird on the spine--it's not a paperback?--but it's a quality move. Very nice, and much appreciated on my end.

Looking forward to cranking up that Crazy Fingers!

• MadDoc
    Default Avatar

No comment

• voodoo

The packaging and booklet are very well done, The CD cases have cool artwork on them.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 2 months

During the mid-1970s, the Grateful Dead saga was unfolding like a Greek classic. The Sisyphean Wall Of Sound had nearly broken the band. From it spawned a Medusa head of countless side projects, all deliciously fruitful but woefully not the same as the whole. The chorus lay in wait, pondering the reemergence of their heroes, and wondering if "THE LAST ONE" had really been it...

But in early 1976, Apollonian light and healing would shine upon our intrepid wanderers once again. No more epic battles for the people with cops and lines and tightness, the Dead would return triumphant in smallness, playing intimate theaters and renting equipment along the way. No more ticket scams and greedy promoters, they'd give back with first ever mail-order ticket program, one that had a few kinks to work out but eventually served the fans well.

Musically, June 1976 signaled a Golden Age of harmony and prosperity for the Dead. It marked an Odysseusian-like return for Mickey Hart. Donna Jean was in lock-step with the sirens' call. Jerry and Bob delivered orphic delight with solo musings like "Mission In The Rain" (the only tour they ever played it on), "The Wheel," and "Cassidy," emboldened by group effort. There was fresh repertoire from Blues For Allah, breathing new life to the Dead's continually morphing sound - as Weir once said of the '76 tour, they wanted to play "a little bit of all of it." Old favorites were re-envisioned with cascading tempos and unique sequencing, making the crowd question if they'd ever heard these songs before. And there was comfort and joy in the familiarity of watching the band make it up as they went along. By all means, it was clear that the bacchanalia of live Dead would reign on.

And now the revelry from this epoch, evidenced by the near-studio quality sound captured on two-track live recordings by Betty Cantor-Jackson, lives on, bolstered by Jeffrey Norman's HDCD mastering. It's housed for posterity in a handsome box featuring original art work by Justin Helton. It’s documented in liners by Jesse Jarnow and photos by Grant Gouldon. And it’s ready for a spot on your shelf. 

As part of our pre-order for this Dead.net exclusive boxed set, we'll be delivering downloads of each listening party - one for each show included in JUNE 1976 - to purchasers from now until the March 20th release. Order at any time before release and you'll receive all the listening parties to date.

Individually Numbered, Limited Edition of 12,000

What's Inside:

• 5 Previously Unreleased Complete Shows On 15 Discs
  • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/10/76
  • Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA 6/11/76
  • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/14/76
  • Beacon Theatre, New York, NY 6/15/76
  • Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ 6/19/76
  • Sourced from Two-Track Master Tapes, Recorded By Betty Cantor-Jackson
  • Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
  • Restoration and Speed Correction by Plangent Processes

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Hey Guys
Living in Europe. Same Problems here! Seems like each gov't in any country claims doing their best!
Doubts?
Anyway, my ordered June '76 box has arrived in Europe (tracking ups) last Saturday. Wonder when I'll be getting it!!
To You guys, I wish You all the best!!!
Keep on trucking!

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by billy the kid

Being something of an armchair Deadhead, my favourite will always be the one on side 6 of the original Europe 72 L.P. I played this and side 5 to death back in the 70s. And 80s. Then the tapes started rolling in, and the official live albums, apart from Live Dead, got put to one side a bit.

user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

In reply to by gratefulgerd

Gratefulgerd. Interesting to see your box is in Europe. My tracking shows mine leaving an international carrier facility in the US three times, on 20th, 22nd and 24th March and since then no updates. We live in hope that the box will arrive in the not too distant future and that the delivery systems continue to function for what some might see as a non-essential item. Still I have lots to listen to and being retired I can’t be kicked out of a job. I’m helping even older and more vulnerable neighbours by shopping and collecting medication for them.

Just listened to ‘The Inner Light’ by The Beatles, ‘ without going out of your door, you can see all things on earth’ seems quite appropriate currently. Stay well everyone and look forward to better times.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

In reply to by Colin Gould

Hello Colin Gould,
hope shipping within Europe works out well. DaP' 33 has not arrived yet!
Wish you good luck and keep away from Corona!

user picture

Member for

4 years 5 months

Those Garcia, Grisman shows from the Warfield Theatre in 1991 and 1992 would make a killer box set. I went to several of these shows and they were fantastic! These shows are also on video tape, my goodness, what a box set it would be if these were all released. Hopefully, the Garcia family provisions site will do that one day.

user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

Does it get any better!!! I can only verbalize it as, think about the best Mission in the Rain, the 5 versions of the the Grateful Dead. and then multiply it.... by whatever number you think....... bob t

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

Try again, I think I fixed the 76 problem.

user picture

Member for

7 years 3 months

That was quite a dream, man, hope it was in stereo. Good company.

I personally think "Roy" is enough, there really isn't another, but he doesn't have the name recognition he deserves unlike Jimi and, uh, that Jer guy. Guitar players: how many are on a first-name basis? Let me try.

Jerry
Eric
Ace
Angus
Eddie
Robin
Stevie
Aldo
B.B.
Jake
Noel
Bernie
Marc
Rich
Robbie
Dweezil
Elvin
Slash
Izzy
Muddy
Ike
Jackson
Martin
Berton
Keith
Ronnie
Tony
Buck
Boz
Bombino
Buddy
Chuck
Django
Tracii
Lightnin'
Lindsey
Syd
Lowell
Kirk
Marcus
Merle
Robben
Thurston
Tito
Waylon
Willie

Don't give me any Jerry Douglas, Jerry Cantrell or Jerry Reed noise. This is a Grateful Dead fan site.

Likewise Jimmy Page, Jimmy Reed, Jimmy Thackery, etc.

Marc is Marc fucking Ford from the Black Crowes, another criminally underrated legend. Mark Knopfler does not get a mention, due to alternate spelling and too many "Marks," Mark St. John, etc. Marc Bolan was a poseur and a hack guitar player and anyway that isn't his birth name. This is my list.

I refuse to leave Eric Clapton off this list. Anyone thinking of Eric Johnson or Eric Peterson from Testament first, go turn up Layla or Crossroads right now at ear-splitting volume. Lads, have I forgotten anyone?

George Harrison, George Lynch - out. Billy Gibbons, Billy Squier, Billy Strings - same.

Jeff Beck, Jeff Lynne, Jeff Loomis etc. It's got to be that one guy, when you hear the name, you know. Like when you hear them play one note. I wanted to include Carlos Santana for that very reason. but Carlos Cavazo has had a nice career and, sorry, he negates the Black Magic Man.

Anyone who knows every guitar player I'm referencing in the above list from first name only, you Sir are a Guitar Geek of the highest order. I can't imagine a woman wasting her time on this. No bass players, hence the "Geddy" omission.

Turn it up!

\m/

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

6 years 9 months

Anybody grab the FLAC of this 76 box? If so and your interested in doing a trade for something, shoot me a PM. Have the Europe 72 box, 30 Trips FLAC, both May77 and Spring 90 sets, etc..........

user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

Jorma

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Gollum

....comes together. Wake up call.
Last Five....
Edie Brickell & New Bohemians - Rocket
June '76 - the second Beacon Show
Pink Floyd - Animals
Edie has a beautiful voice 💕
May '77 - the Chicago short show
Edie Brickell & New Bohemians - Rubberbands
Bob Dylan - Tempest

user picture

Member for

7 years

Arlo Guthrie.

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by carlo13

Casal

user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

In reply to by icecrmcnkd

user picture

Member for

6 years 9 months

Still enjoying the June ‘76 reviews, so good I can almost hear it. I’ll get it off eBay in 2 years, for $250.00 I guess.

Bob T-I didn’t get the Let Me Roll It 6/18/78 reference. Any help??

Ledded-sorry, but I have a LOT of questions.
Aldo Nova-really?? Noel Gallagher-really????
Berton-is this James Burton??
Chuck-Loeb or Panozzo??
Martin-Taylor I assume??
Tracii-Lords?? Oh no, LA Guns
Merle-I assume Travis
Tito Jackson-really??
Mark Knopfler is 20 times the player Marc Ford is. Somehow, Clapton is the ONLY ONE who gets an exemption?? Cause YOU say so??
And lastly, only YOU can decide what guitar players Dead fans like?? Really??
Look up Michael Hedges. The Jimi Hendrix of acoustic guitar. Saw him about 40 times. Dead now for over 20 years.
Sorry dude, your hubris just touched a nerve.

Last 5:
Art Blakey-Best of ‘56-‘59 Real Gone label
Dead-Dicks 31- I have a new favorite Scarlet Begonias, right in the middle of a 27 minute Playing sandwich. Mmmm good!!
ELP-Brain Salad Surgery
Jonathan Wilson-Dixie Blur
Genesis-Live Rarities ‘70-‘92

Stay healthy all-No Coronafornication!!

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In reply to by Mr. Ones

....now THERE'S a name i never would have thought would be mentioned on these forums. Interesting.

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Even with the omissions, its a crap list.

user picture

Member for

7 years

The Aldo nova on the list was just a fantasy.

user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Let Me Roll It is a Paul McCartney tune. A beautiful JGB version from 6/18/78 (Keystone - Palo Alto) is on the Pure Jerry: Bay Area 1978 (a great 2 disc release from 2009.) Stay safe everybody.

I can't tell you how I feel
My heart is like a wheel
Let me roll it
Let me roll it to you

user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

In reply to by carlo13

Aldo looks much better in a leopard skin jumpsuit that I do.

I can forgive the list, I got a kick out of it. Wasn't there a T Shirt that said, "Got Jorma?" Jorma, Trey, Steve Howe.. sigh.. but not purposeful, more likely the result of a feel good, working less, got a little in me buzz, feel-good stream of consciousness.

But hey.. he did include Thurston Howell the Third and Django Unchained in the list, so there is that.. (or was it Thurston Moore and Django Reinhart?). So maybe Stevie + the forgotten Howell = Steve Howell.. perhaps it's just a big word scramble exercise.. But hey, Django Reinhart, now that guy could play an acoustic guitar. My second favorite hand mangled guitarist, and from what I understand, one of Jerry's early influences.

It's all in good fun, and got some dialogue flowing. ..plus, we are now thinking about everyone's favorite rich dude, Thurston Howell III and his loving wife, what was her name... yes, Lovie.. Anyone remember when Gilligan (who was living in my neighbor state, WV) got busted for getting some of California's finest mailed to him from nonother than Mary Anne? You can't make this stuff up.

(true story and speaking of Thurston.. I am not rich, but should be (right?? don't answer). I used to take this very personally until I realized it is not my fault, it is my parents. I blame mostly my mom, but my dad, JimInMDJr. is partially to blame. If I was born ThurstonInMDTheThird, I would most certainly be uber rich. Besides owning all of Jerry's Guitars, the next purchase would be the vault, then a large island that we all would be living on, virus free I might add. It's all in the name. Jim = born to be a bartender. Pour me another pint, Jim. Rolls right off your tongue, clearly I was meant to be a bartender. Alas.. I am who I am, an unemployed former bartender from Cheers)

And BobT, I got the Bay Area 78 JGB reference.. probably the hardest to get and most sought after JGB release, and a gem. Great vocals in let me roll it.. and a great little McCartney ditty. A great release.

user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

Having read the post about guitarists I planned to listen to some of my favourite guitarists to produce a last 5 of people with ordinary first names ( Bert Jansch, John Martyn, John Renbourn, Derek Bailey and Steve Hillage for example). However, the last sentence suggesting the inability to imagine a women naming all these random guitarists was too much so I didn’t bother. Instead since I had to do some essential shopping I picked up a cd randomly and that led me in a different direction

1. 1966 - Karen Dalton
2. Infamous Angel - Iris Dement
3. Lone Star State Of Mind - Nanci Griffith
4. Pieces of Sky - Emmylou Harris
5. 1st Album - Judee Sill

Of these I only saw Emmylou live, in 1975 with the original Hot Band including James Burton. They were certainly hot. The version of the Judee Sill album that I have was a Rhino issue of the two albums together with a nice live set by her when she was opening for Crosby and Nash, the live set was worth the price of the album on its own.

user picture

Member for

14 years 4 months

In reply to by carlo13

now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Hey Now Jim and Hey Now Country Pride. Check those pms. :-)

user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

a big shout out to Dennis, thanks, it's working now and all 76 is up there in all it's glory. Shout outs to Jiminmd, thank you for the generous offer, also to Carlo13, Keithfan2112 and my brother from another mother, Daverock. Stoltzfus, sorry to hear about your better half being laid off, it's is a bummer indeed. Deadegad, sorry for your situation also, we will get by. Simonrob, COPD does certainly suck, no smoking, and that was very hard to do for someone who smoked for 50 plus years, tobacco first, then the ganja, I miss the weed, but hated those cigarettes and am so glad I'm off those fuckers, they just kill you, period. Again a huge thank you to Dennis for the downloads, thanks again bro, you rock. Thanks to each and every one of you for the kind words and well wishes, and thanks Vguy72 for the positive vibes, we all need some now and then. Last 5; Dead 76 box, wow, so good. Thank you all one more time, you made my day.
Next five? stay tuned :)

user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

In reply to by stoltzfus

"now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time...."

Good reference, Stoltzy.

This Box is the Obi-Wan of Boxes....steadfast, powerful, a bit under the radar, yet totally badass

Sixtus

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

ck again, might be more of what you're phishing for.

user picture

Member for

11 years 6 months

… only for those who know. There will be no explanation. (picture best Darth voice)

Listening to the audio books of a "new" Thrawn series. Very good, origin story for him.

If you like such things :-)

quick edit - went to check on Thrawn, Tim Zahn is starting yet a newer origin for thrawn, first book due out in oct.
Always talk of golden ages, if you be a star wars fan this is a golden age. Since Disney took over there are more stories coming out than ever before. Christ, every character EVER is getting the "Origins" treatment! The nice thing is they're hooking the stories together well.

Sorry, once again only if you like such things.

user picture

Member for

10 years 2 months

Actually, that's a throw-away line. My 17 year old tuxedo female is keeping me sane.

I just popped in to say: Boston, 6-10-76, first set last night: holy mackerel. I guess the '76 shows released to date just never caught on with me. But these June '76 performances are slaying me. More this afternoon. Man, this box is the antidote to social distancing. I call friends on the phone and start evangelizing and, from their tone, they clearly think I've gone daft.... about 48 years after the fact.

Enjoy folks, stay safe. It's great that I can pop in here and rave and y'all know what I'm talking about.

Greetings and thanks to marye and Dr. Rhino and, mostly to Betty Cantor-Jackson, Dave L and Jeff N.

...Sent you PMs.

Star Wars? I saw Star Wars on opening day in 1977. I was 13, so yeah. The lights went down, the opening titles floated away, and Princess Leia's ship swung into view, followed by the Star Destroyer that just went on and on and on. I turned to my sister (21) who was sitting with her mouth hanging open, and I said, "Holy shit." That about summed it up.

After the show, my brother (19) and sister and I all came out of the theatre finger-shooting our ray guns at the people waiting in line for the next show. They looked puzzled. Some of them probably thought we were idiots. But I'm sure, a few minutes later, they understood.

Everybody, please stay safe out there. And watch more movies at home! Maybe we could get a last-5 movie list going? The last thing I saw was Long Shot, with Seth Rogan and Charlize Theron. Dumb... but pretty funny in spots. The opening scene is pretty hilarious.

....Never in my wildest dreams, would I thought I would have grinned so hard finding some. Strange days indeed.
This corner of the internet is as comfortable as a Wheel second set opener. (I'm looking at you 6.14.76.) Love you all.
Also saw that Rise Of Skywalker is out on bluray. Hard pass. For now.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

I really dig the tunes where Jerry goes "electric banjo" on the solo. Cumberland Blues is one. El Passo. Big River. Garcia comes out of the Big River Beacon solo with some Pizzazz right at around 5 minutes and 12 seconds.

...."Nothings for certain. It can always go wrong. Come on it when its raining. Go on out when its gone."
Yup.
This 6.14.76 second set is nuts. I love it. Donna nails it.

user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

No sooner did I read your post than Samson ended and High Time started.

user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

JiminMD: Let's always remember the best Hot Tuna shirt of all: "If You Don't Know Jorma, You don't know Jack"!

Not sure about the last 5 seen, but recently on Netflix I saw:
- Ozark Season 3 - some sick stuff here!
- ZZ Top: The Little Old Band From Texas - AWESOME! Watched it twice so far
- The Highwaymen - Costner & Woody chasing down Bonnie & Clyde - Good follow up to the original B&C which I just re-watched

As we all expected, I got an email today from Dead.net saying that the 50% off on the June '76 box a few days ago was just a computer glitch and all orders were canceled. So we who paid full prize did not get gypped-off!

Rock on

user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Indeed COPD sucks. I also don't miss the cigarettes, even though the lung specialist at the local hospital told me she was sure I had enjoyed every one. As for for the herb and its derivatives, that is a different matter. My trekking buddy and I spent a decade carrying out extensive research into the effects of smoking killer Nepalese charas at high altitudes in the Himalaya. The biggest problem was getting back down the mountain whilst totally wasted. The happiest times of our lives. Last year's visit found me unable to climb uphill at a mere 2300m whereas we used to light up at altitudes well above 5000m. So much is now impossible for me, but thats life and I have no option but to accept it gracefully.

user picture

Member for

9 years 8 months

In reply to by JimInMD

Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath, of course. Also influenced by Django Reinhardt. Inspired by Django to play despite a hand injury, and just dig all those snazzy guitar breaks on the first 4 albums.

Last 5 movies
(free movies on Comcast On Demand)
Mission Impossible - Fallout
True Grit
Twelve Monkeys (Bruce Willis has to save humans from a killer virus)
Get Shorty
Leaving Las Vegas

Last 3 DVD or BluRay
Sideways
The Hunger
Zabriskie Point

Last 5 - concert footage
4-21-72 Beat Club

Roger Waters 7-16-17
Hard Working Americans 8-20-16
Chris Robinson Brotherhood 11-12-16
GD 7-3,4,5-15 FTW

The last 4 are portions of shows that I recorded. I made BluRays of them to watch on the home theater system. I’m currently converting all the concert video I have to mp4 files so that I can upload to YouTube. Will give a heads up when the videos are available.
I’m also willing to upload to someone’s cloud storage for distribution to everyone here if that is possible.
What’s the free storage limit for Google Drive and Drop Box? Everything I have will be close to 100 GB.

6-14-76
Yes, yes, yes. A favorite of mine since getting it on cassette in the 90’s.
Love this new Box.

user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

6/18/78 Pure Jerry release. Jim i checked that one on Ebay, i cant believe mid 200's seem to be the common price!! Wow... I'll never forget when my daughters were 10 and 12 we pulled into our garage in NH and they were singing at the top of their voices, "Let me Roll it" now that they are all much older they understand. we also had to stop playing Direwolf and a much younger age because we didn't want them to sing Don't Murder me in front of people!! bob t

Had to cash a check.. went to the drive through teller, careful as I could be, don't want no virus in me..

..but as I was pulling out of the driveway at 12 sharp, SiriusXM started playing Dave's Picks 11, 11/17/12 Wichita. When I got home, I migrated to my living room system. With almost nothing going on for work at the moment.. I got a complete, focused listen in.. the final notes to Johnny B. Goode playing as I write this.

aaahhhhh.. I get it now. Finally an un-interrupted listen to a truly great show. I get it now.. I knew this day would come. What a relief..

Since I posted about this a week or so ago, I thought I would finish the story. I wonder if anyone at SiriusXM The Grateful Dead Channel checks out these boards? This isn't the first time this has happened.. when we start talking about a show and they play it on the air.

We have a new list, favorite mangled hand guitarists. :D I concur, DaveRock.

user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

I've listened to this show four times. It's a little flatter than the other shows but has the energy of a '72 or '73 show. Just listen to Promised Land and Sugaree. Really the whole first set is great.

Promised, Sugaree smoking!, Cassidy TLEO Hot!(at the end before Music girl screams and Jerry says jeez take it easy out there) Music blistering!, BEW ripps, Lazy Supp lightning!, Row Jim (slow start) but nice!, Big Big River hold on!, Mission sweet!, LLR beautyful!, Might As Well rockin'!

Samson growls! Help Slip jazzy jam, Frank groove rock!, LIG cookin' Jam!, Friend dripping!, Playin' in the Dancin' Jam jazzy spacy goodness!, Dancin' funky jazz!, USB blow out!

user picture

Member for

15 years 7 months

The only thing missing from this box:
"It left a smoking crater of my mind I like to blow away"

The St. Stephen and NFA from 6/15 are pretty nice!

user picture

Member for

11 years 7 months

I rarely hear that movie mentioned. A classic. We watched it a few weeks ago as my wife had never seen it. She still laughs about the scene where Miles steals “Derek’s” wallet back for him.

During these times I find it difficult to watch too many dramas. Other than Better Call Saul, of course. So I stick to comedies.

For those wishing to dust off some old DVDs, Midnight Run is worth a few hours. The interaction between Robert De Niro and Charles Grodin is priceless.

More recently, The Way Way Back. Sam Rockwell, before he became somewhat famous, steals the movie and should have been nominated for something.

product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/special-edition-shops/june-1976/june-1976-15cd-boxed-set-1.html