• 4,023 replies
    heatherlew
    Default Avatar
    May 1977: Get Shown The Light (All Music Edition)

WHAT'S INSIDE:
    Four Complete Shows on 11 discs
    Four folios housed in a slipcase
    5/5/77 Veterans Memorial Coliseum: New Haven, CT
    5/7/77 Boston Garden: Boston, MA
    5/8/77 Barton Hall, Cornell University: Ithaca, NY
    5/9/77 Buffalo Memorial Auditorium: Buffalo, NY
    50-page book of liners and photographs
    Sourced from the Betty Cantor-Jackson soundboard recordings, transferred by Plangent Processes
    Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
    Artwork by Grammy-winning graphic artist Masaki Koike
    Release Date: May 5, 2017

WHAT DEAD HEADS HAVE BEEN SAYING ABOUT...

NEW HAVEN 5/5/77
    "Here is a prime example of the saying ‘the whole is greater than the sum of the parts’ … It’s called synergy and the Dead wrote the book on it.”

BOSTON 5/7/77
    “The music they laid down brought me places I had not been before.”

CORNELL 5/8/77
    “...the single best rock performance anywhere, anytime, by anyone.”

“There was just some kind of magical connection this night between the band members and the band and the audience - some texture, or some type of cosmic or celestial force is in the room.”

"This show is, was, and always will be Mecca.”

BUFFALO 5/9/77
    "...an awesome display of the Dead’s captivating power"

If you've been following this site for quite some time, then you will know we are often flush with hyperbole when it comes to our releases. We can't help it, really - for we, like you, are Grateful Dead fans above all else. Just like you, we've spent countless hours debating the merits of show over show, year over year. We've kept a watchful eye on your wish-lists and carefully considered how to make - excuse the cliché - your dreams come true. And once we've made our commitments, we are steadfast in our determination to conjure up those dreams fully-formed and nearly perfect. Sometimes these heights cannot be reached without physical and cosmic elements aligning, and that, dear friends, is why it has taken so long for us to bring you THE ONE and the epic shows that surrounded it. No need for even the slightest embellishment here, 5/8/77 Barton Hall, Cornell University: Ithaca, NY, has for decades, been THE resounding favorite; you've said it yourselves - the "holy grail" of Grateful Dead shows. Thanks to the passion and perseverance of Dead Heads like you, we are beyond pleased to finally be able to present this show and its brethren, the fabled four of Spring '77, in sonically pristine condition.

MAY 1977: GET SHOWN THE LIGHT is a collection of what is unanimously believed to be the most sought-after previously unreleased complete shows the Grateful Dead ever played. Collected, traded, and debated for decades, "the beloved Golden Trinity" of Boston, Ithaca, and Buffalo, along with their New Haven prelude, have inspired fans to "get on the bus," converted critics, and even garnered national attention (Cornell was added to the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry). But until now, you've never really heard them quite like this!

The Dead is in the details... how serendipitous is it that the notorious Betty Cantor-Jackson soundboard recordings were returned to the archive just in time for the 40th anniversaries of these shows? Lovingly sourced from these well-reputed recordings, we invite you to experience four utopian shows just like they happened, to "be inside the music" as engineer Betty Cantor-Jackson intended. Whether you listen to each night on its own or imbibe the whole lot at once, we suspect you'll hear why every note mattered. Much like we were, you will be hard-pressed to determine which of these fine documents - will it be the understated but nuanced New Haven, Boston's festive fantasy vibes, the monumental catharsis of Ithaca, or Buffalo’s dreamy exuberance - is truly "the best." Does it really matter? We think not.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • daverock

Just to state the obvious, they are indeed fantastic records. I am half way through 5/25/72 at the moment - one that no-one really mentions. Probably because of the night after, which is a shame as it's a great show in it's own right. Curious "Good Lovin" - 14min 53 seconds, and no Pigpen rap - he just sings the opening the verses and the closing ones some 12 minutes later. In between we have spot on r'n'b jamming like no-one else.

• marye
    Fabian, send me a PM and I'll see if the Doc can shed some light here.
  • icecrmcnkd

Send a PM to Marye, she can help.

• fabianope
    Default Avatar
    Does somebody have problems with tracking number?

Hello,
    I've purchased the fantastic Lyceum LPs more than a month ago and still nothing arrived.
    I've searched for the tracking number done by the GD store on the DHL site but nothing appears.
    I've yet written to the customer helpdesk, but I'm curious if somebody encountered my same problem.
    Thanks a lot,
    Fabianope

• daverock

Excellent news ! I wonder if they will re-release other box sets in this format that originally sold out. Fillmore West 1969 is the one I sadly missed out on and would shell out for in a heartbeat.

• henryben

Since they sold out of the regular box set with all the bells and whistles, and had a huge demand, Dead.Net is selling an All Music Edition that "...only includes the 11 CDs in four folios and a booklet of liners, housed in a simple slipcase."

So, still the four shows, just without the special packaging and the unpublished book. This time, the order went through. Nothing on the website about this also being a limited release -- it's not numbered, but they don't specify if it's another set amount.

• howdydoody
    Default Avatar

will do! thank you.

• DaveStrang
    Default Avatar

You should ask on the Dave's Picks 30 thread…there's more people on there and very few if any on here…hope it helps.

• howdydoody
    Default Avatar
    I downloaded the…

Hi there,

I downloaded the ALAC of this digital download but when I import into iTunes it is not recognizing the artist or songs and not creating an album. For the same ALAC download for Pacific Northwest ’73-’74: The Complete Recordings Boxed Set it worked perfectly in iTunes. Why does this download now import correctly? Thanks if anyone knows or can help.

• marye
    they thought they were going for dead people as a marketing niche. Dead heads, dead people, I'm so confused... Anyway, they're gone for the moment.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 7 months

WHAT'S INSIDE:
Four Complete Shows on 11 discs
Four folios housed in a slipcase
5/5/77 Veterans Memorial Coliseum: New Haven, CT
5/7/77 Boston Garden: Boston, MA
5/8/77 Barton Hall, Cornell University: Ithaca, NY
5/9/77 Buffalo Memorial Auditorium: Buffalo, NY
50-page book of liners and photographs
Sourced from the Betty Cantor-Jackson soundboard recordings, transferred by Plangent Processes
Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
Artwork by Grammy-winning graphic artist Masaki Koike
Release Date: May 5, 2017

WHAT DEAD HEADS HAVE BEEN SAYING ABOUT...

NEW HAVEN 5/5/77
"Here is a prime example of the saying ‘the whole is greater than the sum of the parts’ … It’s called synergy and the Dead wrote the book on it.”

BOSTON 5/7/77
“The music they laid down brought me places I had not been before.”

CORNELL 5/8/77
“...the single best rock performance anywhere, anytime, by anyone.”

“There was just some kind of magical connection this night between the band members and the band and the audience - some texture, or some type of cosmic or celestial force is in the room.”

"This show is, was, and always will be Mecca.”

BUFFALO 5/9/77
"...an awesome display of the Dead’s captivating power"

If you've been following this site for quite some time, then you will know we are often flush with hyperbole when it comes to our releases. We can't help it, really - for we, like you, are Grateful Dead fans above all else. Just like you, we've spent countless hours debating the merits of show over show, year over year. We've kept a watchful eye on your wish-lists and carefully considered how to make - excuse the cliché - your dreams come true. And once we've made our commitments, we are steadfast in our determination to conjure up those dreams fully-formed and nearly perfect. Sometimes these heights cannot be reached without physical and cosmic elements aligning, and that, dear friends, is why it has taken so long for us to bring you THE ONE and the epic shows that surrounded it. No need for even the slightest embellishment here, 5/8/77 Barton Hall, Cornell University: Ithaca, NY, has for decades, been THE resounding favorite; you've said it yourselves - the "holy grail" of Grateful Dead shows. Thanks to the passion and perseverance of Dead Heads like you, we are beyond pleased to finally be able to present this show and its brethren, the fabled four of Spring '77, in sonically pristine condition.

MAY 1977: GET SHOWN THE LIGHT is a collection of what is unanimously believed to be the most sought-after previously unreleased complete shows the Grateful Dead ever played. Collected, traded, and debated for decades, "the beloved Golden Trinity" of Boston, Ithaca, and Buffalo, along with their New Haven prelude, have inspired fans to "get on the bus," converted critics, and even garnered national attention (Cornell was added to the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry). But until now, you've never really heard them quite like this!

The Dead is in the details... how serendipitous is it that the notorious Betty Cantor-Jackson soundboard recordings were returned to the archive just in time for the 40th anniversaries of these shows? Lovingly sourced from these well-reputed recordings, we invite you to experience four utopian shows just like they happened, to "be inside the music" as engineer Betty Cantor-Jackson intended. Whether you listen to each night on its own or imbibe the whole lot at once, we suspect you'll hear why every note mattered. Much like we were, you will be hard-pressed to determine which of these fine documents - will it be the understated but nuanced New Haven, Boston's festive fantasy vibes, the monumental catharsis of Ithaca, or Buffalo’s dreamy exuberance - is truly "the best." Does it really matter? We think not.

user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

The way I see itThere still are 15,000 limited editions There are un limited editions a plenty. Reminds me of a lot of releases I have bought. The McCartney archives being one. I paid near 100 for the limited edition super deluxe Ram release. I'm still happy with the buy, and the set is top notch. The Rub occurred in the handling of orders, ( being way under prepared for the web traffic ) and in the huge frustration caused simply by not properly being ready for the wave of business you create. Never cause your customer any discomfort. Gospel Rule there friends at the top. Just humbly throwing that out there.
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

Florida , not everyone has a good copy of Cornell , at least i Know two or three heads in the old world that don`t own a good copy, hence we appreciate this box-set, wether it is limited or not does not matter....it`s the music that matters like Jerry said...
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

you`re so damn right. What is best ? Who knows ? Who determines ?Thank god we got such a lot of shows to choose from...
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

some absolute skull splitters in that performance. Certainly one of my favorites. Check out 5.6.70 "Dancin' in the Streets" for another psychedelic treat last 5 shows 2.19.71 ~ "Bird Song" ; "Easy Wind" "That's It For the Other One" "Good Lovin" 3.18.71 ~ "The Rub" "Not Fade Away -> Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad -> Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks) -> Feedback ; Uncle John's Band 5.18.77 ~ "Lazy Lightnin" -> "Supplication" ; "High-Time" ; "The Music Never Stopped" ,, Schwing ! Tapers Section selection 5.17.78 ~ "Half-Step" -> "Franklins Tower" Tapers Section selection ! Schwing 9.24.72 ~ still spinning ~ Pigpen ~ 2.19.71 ~ "the OLDEST way you can find it, OLDEST way you can find it, is to give it. You can't find it, if you dont give it. You can't have it, if you AIN'T GOT IT, and if you ain't got it , you don't give it ,, and if you can't give it , you never gonna get it. IT ALL goes round in CIRCLES AROUND THE SUN. Yes it do"
user picture

Member for

7 years 7 months

Terrific show and I'm also partial to the Dark Star >>El Paso combo. As Lebowski99 said, "a wormhole back to earth." I know the feeling--nice analogy. Keith does an amazing job layin' it down on the keys during Playin' and Jerry's guitar work on BIODTL is wonderfully done too. This one is a keeper. Is there a remaster of this yet? I'd buy it.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

14 years 1 month

The first rule of the Forums here is you do not talk about the Forums. The rest of the rules are there are no rules. Seriously, as long as it's about music, and respectful of others, then please release the Kraken.
user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

Hi all! I am pleased to announce that I THINK my issue with my Get Shown the Light set has been resolved!!!! It appears like my order has gone through......... Special thanks and shout outs to Mary, Mac and Jeff for fixing the situation!!!! Best, Rob
user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

What with '70 in the stream and, a friend tweeting about this show yesterday I thought I give it a listen. Well... alright, right on! For me, a newly discovered AUD I'll definitely be adding to my collection. The comments are spot on. Raging Intensity indeed. Looking forward to finding out how it sounds on a proper system. https://archive.org/details/gd70-03-07.aud.hanno.6156.sbeok.shnf/gd70-0…
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Lille. I don't know why nobody digs on this show as much as it seems bolo24 and me do. It's got a really chill vibe if you can get past the scary noises at the beginning, I guess. KeithFan2112 what's your rad nickname for this show by the way?
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

i would rate this overall as one of the weaker shows from E72 tour. 2nd set is very nice starting with Truckin into Other One one show from E72 tour that did not get a lot of love on these boards seemed to be 4.11.72 for people that dont own any shows from E72 , that is one i would seek out
user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Lol, well, it's hard to come up with all good ones, so this one may disappoint. The 5/13 liner notes explain how the Dead had to cancel the initial show date in Lille, and reschedule for the 13th. It goes on to say that someone, I think Weir left a rose on the bathroom window sill, as a peace token, because people were pissed. As they finally did get the show played, they redeemed themselves of the cancelled outing, and so I went with "Redemption Roses". It works well enough. "Did you hear the new Dead record?" "No, what's it called?" "Redemption Roses" "Oh right, I heard about that one, I'm off to the record store now. I have a couple others I want too." 20 minutes later at the record store.... "Can I help you find something?" "Yeah man, I'm here for some Grateful Dead records. Can you Scarecrow the way to that section?" "I'll do you one better and grab 'em for you. Whatcha need?" "Wake of the Flood, Mars Hotel, and Redemption Roses" "You got it man, those are some great picks, especially the E72 show - although I thought they should have called it "Live At Lille" "Well, I'm sure there was a good story behind it, there always is...."
user picture

Member for

8 years

Mbarilla, I'm with you on this show- except for a mangled Jack Straw (and even that has its charm) it rocks. A 10-minute PITB, a 19+ minute Truckin and a 25+min TOO into a sweet Comes a Time. And a brokedown Palace sandwiched between Sugar Mag and Sat. Night. I'll say it too- if you're looking for a good E '72 today, spin this or go get it. You won't be disappointed. Happy Friday, all!
user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

Yeah, New Castle is a bit of an unsung hero. I'm glad you mentioned Brokedown Palace, because it's one of the best ever (some great piano atmosphere from our boy). It's also only played one other time on the tour, which brings me to my next point - there are some infrequently played gems on 4/11 beside Brokedown Palace: there's Ramble On Rose, Brown-Eyed Women, Deal, and Comes A Time. On a tour where 75% of the songs were played a dozen or more times, theses were played just a handful.
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Yes, Lille is by far and away, definitely one that is oozing the sometimes elusive X factor. Phil said it was like playing in a painting by Paul Cezanne.
user picture

Member for

15 years 8 months

The shows I love are the Lyceum run. The 5/23 & 5/24 shows are great, the 5/25 knocks it up a notch and the best is saved for last, 5/26.However, the show that owns me or simply controls me is 4/8 Wembley Empire Pool. For me, just to listen to that one, it grabs me by the throat and ears and says, "you've gotta hear the rest of the tour!" The opening 4/7 Wembley show is a continuation of the Academy of Music shows, imho.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 8 months

Arrived a couple of hours ago, and I've finished the first set. This may be the best GarciaLive release after the killer '78 JGB show and MAYBE the Legion of Mary show. What a great concert! Every tune is played to perfection, and rarities like R&C, Lay Down Sally, Ain't No Bread, make this one even sweeter. I won't say that I'll take this over any '91 Dead show, but I'll definitely take it over any post-'91 Dead show.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 6 months

I, too, love the 4/8/72 show! The first time I heard the Dark Star>Sugar Mag>Caution...holy shit! It's pure magic plain and simple. If I had to pick a single show from my Europe 72 trunk, I would have a hard time not picking 4/8. Wonderful stuff! The whole show rocks and includes one of the best jams in the history of the band IMHO
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 4 months

1972 9/21 vs. 4/8 For me its 9/21
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 1 month

Hope this finds everyone enjoying life in their own way! Right now I am enjoying 12/6/73. That 43 minutes DS is mind melting! Enjoy the snow if it's headed your way, near 90 tomorrow here. Now for something completely unrelated: This may sound crazy, but I just purchased my first Bob Dylan cd, well actually 3: Bootleg Series 5 & 6 and Royal Albert. Oh man, what have I been mission? Not much as these releases are not that old! Seriously this is right up my alley and just what I needed! I am not sure why I never got into Dylan. So I came up with this crazy idea for my annual E72 listen. Bob Dylan is going to open each dead show with a show from his entire 1966 (which I have ordered as a b-day gift along with # 4 in the bootleg series). It will make for a long night. By April 7, I will have completed all my graduate requirements and will be just waiting around to graduate, so I will have nothing but time! This also got me thinking. How does the current dead subscription and limited run model benefit those who have yet to discover the dead? I wonder what other great artists are out there I have yet to discover?
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

If you buy the complete '66 box and bootleg series #4 you'll own two copies of the 5/17/66 Manchester concert.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

still have original release unopened winterland 77 would like a cool listener to pm maybe work it out if interested lemmy know
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

According to deaddisc.com New Potato Caboose was performed just over 20 times by the Grateful Dead between the January 1967 and June 1969. Here's some, if not all official releases. Anthem Of The Sun, Grateful Dead, 1968 Two From The Vault, 8/24/68 Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA Dick's Picks, Vol. 22, 2/24/68, King's Beach Bowl, Lake Tahoe, CA Fillmore West 1969: The Complete Recordings, 3/1/69 Fillmore West 1969 Bonus Disc, Carousel Ballroom 6/8/69 Grateful Dead Download Vol. 6: 3/17/68 Road Trips: Vol 2, Number 2: Feb 14, 1968, Carousel Ballroom Road Trips: Vol 2, Number 2: Feb 14, 1968, Carousel Ballroom Bonus CD, Emu Ballroom Eugene, OR 1/30/68 30 Trips Around The Sun Box Set, 2015 Shrine Exp. Hall, Los Angeles, CA 11/10/1967 30 Days of the Dead 2011 10/22/67 Winterland 30 Days of the Dead 2015 6/8/69 Fillmore West Handwritten lyrics 1968 https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/16607/lot/19/
user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

I had tracked down 4.Road Trips Vol. 2 #2 Dick's Picks 22 Two From The Vault FW 69 3/01/69. Anthem Of The Sun is Two From The Vault. I think. Thanks.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years

Love the idea of the 66/72 double bill. Jumping into Dylan is almost as daunting as a dive into the Dead; as you already know, the water is nice! For your viewing pleasure, check out No Direction Home and Don't Look Back. I just watched NDH again and it still amazes me. Dylan's transition from folk darling to snarling rocker is so historic, it is hard for me to conceive. His willingness and open desire to piss off his audiences in the name of progress is pretty stunning. The complete version of Like a Rolling Stone on the Bluray is definitive. The audience is stunned, Dylan just gets louder with each verse. I love Dylan's bootleg series, particularly if listened to in chronological order. I don't love all of his work, but I respect his no compromise desire to evolve.
user picture

Member for

15 years

Truly a great 73 show and sound quality is great recorded by Rex Jackson, not Betty, but they are a couple , so you can see or hear, similarities. Jerry's tones on the strat are sweet. Bobby is playing great guitar that night, Unusual night in that they play 34 songs, no DS or OO, but there is a great PITB jam and a super EOTW jam. I love the first set ,Brown-Eyed Women rocks, great China Cat - IKYR, Jack Straw is impeccable, a little surprise after IKYR, Donna sings a country song (Loretta Lynn) "You Ain't Woman Enough" which she pulls off pretty good, similar to Hank's "You Win Again". Another classic is a funky slow paced "Loose Lucy" on the second disc. I am always listening to it. Just checked out some of that JRAD show,wow, good stuff. Can't wait for Barton Hall, been listening to archives.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 4 months

DG started with FLAS from 3/2/87 and immediately went to the first set from 12/30/86, I guess he has 80's fever!!!!! it's Saturday DeadLand PLAY DEAD
user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

I love this show, got it going on the headphones now. Slipknot! creeps up on you, it's a good one. Everybody is audible in the mix, so it's really nice listening to them jam out so nicely. Bobby sounds really good, strumming down the rhythm - I always love listening for his contributions during a jam, and he's loud enough to enjoy here. I did one of things where I joined the Help On The Way and the Slipknot! with the Franklin's Tower as one track, since they went to Music Never Stopped after ending Slipknot! (I heard an amp blew, so they had to stop the show for 10 minutes or something, so Franklin's Tower ended up as a standalone. It's really cool how they end it too. If you never heard it, there's this brief a cappella 'roll away' chorus at the end; also features an awesomely loud and fuzz solo from Jerry. The sound of this show is something special. It sounds very close and tight and raw. If you think of One From The Vault from a month earlier, it has much less of the polish, but that's not at all a bad thing, just a different sound (kind of like when you like too different soundboards of the same show - both are cool, just different from one another). Anyway, it's very raw, like the summer '71 releases. The Truckin' Medley is great too (blistering solo in Truckin' from Jerry), with a section from The Eleven (not the main theme, but outro them). You also get a solid taste of the rare but excellent Stronger Than Dirt, which itself shows you why this band is the number one jam band (all in the space of 5 minutes). The Not Fade Away is just exactly perfect, scout's honor. I love the short split-up versions best, but this one curtails it to around 10 minutes, so for me, it's the best of the shorter and longer versions (it develops but never wanders off into Whatsnext-ville. Next, is GDTRFB, and this is easily top 5. I would just say, yeah put it in the top 5, I'm that sure, and then I'll go back and find 4 others to put with it. Another blistering solo from Jerry. Truly a unique sound, as we get the jazzy-jam Dead performance delivered with the rock 'n roll Dead sound. As a show, I would put it in my top 20 (and 20 shows is nothing in the world of the Dead). 30 Trips Around the Sun 1975 - Works best turned up loud on headphones. Decided to buy a few new Europe '72 CDs to replace some I have that have surface scratches from the early days (it's impossible for me to play CDs in my car without getting them scuffed and scratched). Something makes me want to put new / sealed copies in the steamer trunk. I figure if this is it for them better make sure I have a pristine set. Did the same with Road Trips Austin Autumn '71. Found a new one for 50 bucks, which isn't too bad for that one. Old copy is in the car; love the opening Truckin' chords from Jerry - it sounds like his amp is in the back seat. I've also been engaged on the leadoff show from Europe '72 4/7/72 (aka "Strangers In A Strange Land"). Last year I tried to listen to each show on the anniversary date in Spring & May. I think I'm going to be tied up with May 1977 II and DaP 22 with Bonus Disc this year. So I began with this Wembley Empire Pool, London show. Instead of going in order after one listen, I'm going to spend a few days listening to the shows multiple times. So far it's been pretty cool. I think this show has one of the best Greatest Story Ever Tolds, and it's all the more cool for being the kickoff tune for the entire tour. Donna has not one but two "cool clear water well you can't ever tell" screams, which is one my favorite things she does. I think when Donna was at her best, she sounded really really good. There's also a solid Ramble On Rose and Tennessee Jed. The Truckin' / The Other One / El Paso / The Other One / Wharf Rat is fantastic. Wharf Rat is always incredible in 1972, and they only played it a handful of times on this tour (5 I believe), so each one has it's little nuances that make it unique and awesome. What am I talking about, Wharf Rat is always incredible. Sugar Magnolia sounds best to me in '72, and it's the song that turned me into a Dead junkie (Rockin' The Rhein), so I rank this one as a solid one, definitely top half of the 20 shows it was played.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

Everyone please tune into kpfa.org, gdhour or however you can get it... 16 hour Grateful Dead marathon hosted by David Gans!!! Also streaming on Amazon Echo : say "Alexa, Play K P F A radio"
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

re. Scratched CDs in car. I bought an old cheapass iPod classic, 160GB used for $49, ripped my entire Dead collection and use it via USB in the car, once ripped, the CDs stay put...
user picture

Member for

14 years 8 months

So I listened to Rolling Stones (Let It Bleed, Flashback) and Led Zeppelin (1 and 2) on my ipod while doing my Saturday yard work. It was OK, but truth be told I have heard these songs so many times that they failed to truly excite. By the end of Led Zeppelin 2 I was ready for some Dead. Put on the 66 concert from the 50th anniversary release and was dancing through my final chores. That's the difference right? Even though the songs are the same I can put on different concerts from different years and always be surprised and challenged. Ain't nothing else like it. We are blessed. Oh yeah, remember, we lose an hour tonight. Worst night of the year. Maybe I'll listen to some Dead.
user picture

Member for

14 years 3 months

If Court and Spark isn't the greatest album ever, then I'm not sure what is.
user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

I think you nailed it with Joni!I might go with Hissing of Summer Lawns or Heijira instead of Court. But Joni is an incredible artist in both sound and vision. Happy time change folks!
user picture

Member for

16 years 7 months

Dont hit the save button more than once. Sorry folks.
user picture

Member for

7 years 2 months

With One from the Vault.From there, well the choices are staggering.
user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

Getting things going with Boise State University 9-2-1983. Amazing Hunter Seamons Matrix on ReListen & Archive.
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/may-1977-get-shown-the-light-all-music-edition-1.html