• 4,023 replies
    heatherlew
    Default Avatar
    May 1977: Get Shown The Light (All Music Edition)

WHAT'S INSIDE:
    Four Complete Shows on 11 discs
    Four folios housed in a slipcase
    5/5/77 Veterans Memorial Coliseum: New Haven, CT
    5/7/77 Boston Garden: Boston, MA
    5/8/77 Barton Hall, Cornell University: Ithaca, NY
    5/9/77 Buffalo Memorial Auditorium: Buffalo, NY
    50-page book of liners and photographs
    Sourced from the Betty Cantor-Jackson soundboard recordings, transferred by Plangent Processes
    Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
    Artwork by Grammy-winning graphic artist Masaki Koike
    Release Date: May 5, 2017

WHAT DEAD HEADS HAVE BEEN SAYING ABOUT...

NEW HAVEN 5/5/77
    "Here is a prime example of the saying ‘the whole is greater than the sum of the parts’ … It’s called synergy and the Dead wrote the book on it.”

BOSTON 5/7/77
    “The music they laid down brought me places I had not been before.”

CORNELL 5/8/77
    “...the single best rock performance anywhere, anytime, by anyone.”

“There was just some kind of magical connection this night between the band members and the band and the audience - some texture, or some type of cosmic or celestial force is in the room.”

"This show is, was, and always will be Mecca.”

BUFFALO 5/9/77
    "...an awesome display of the Dead’s captivating power"

If you've been following this site for quite some time, then you will know we are often flush with hyperbole when it comes to our releases. We can't help it, really - for we, like you, are Grateful Dead fans above all else. Just like you, we've spent countless hours debating the merits of show over show, year over year. We've kept a watchful eye on your wish-lists and carefully considered how to make - excuse the cliché - your dreams come true. And once we've made our commitments, we are steadfast in our determination to conjure up those dreams fully-formed and nearly perfect. Sometimes these heights cannot be reached without physical and cosmic elements aligning, and that, dear friends, is why it has taken so long for us to bring you THE ONE and the epic shows that surrounded it. No need for even the slightest embellishment here, 5/8/77 Barton Hall, Cornell University: Ithaca, NY, has for decades, been THE resounding favorite; you've said it yourselves - the "holy grail" of Grateful Dead shows. Thanks to the passion and perseverance of Dead Heads like you, we are beyond pleased to finally be able to present this show and its brethren, the fabled four of Spring '77, in sonically pristine condition.

MAY 1977: GET SHOWN THE LIGHT is a collection of what is unanimously believed to be the most sought-after previously unreleased complete shows the Grateful Dead ever played. Collected, traded, and debated for decades, "the beloved Golden Trinity" of Boston, Ithaca, and Buffalo, along with their New Haven prelude, have inspired fans to "get on the bus," converted critics, and even garnered national attention (Cornell was added to the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry). But until now, you've never really heard them quite like this!

The Dead is in the details... how serendipitous is it that the notorious Betty Cantor-Jackson soundboard recordings were returned to the archive just in time for the 40th anniversaries of these shows? Lovingly sourced from these well-reputed recordings, we invite you to experience four utopian shows just like they happened, to "be inside the music" as engineer Betty Cantor-Jackson intended. Whether you listen to each night on its own or imbibe the whole lot at once, we suspect you'll hear why every note mattered. Much like we were, you will be hard-pressed to determine which of these fine documents - will it be the understated but nuanced New Haven, Boston's festive fantasy vibes, the monumental catharsis of Ithaca, or Buffalo’s dreamy exuberance - is truly "the best." Does it really matter? We think not.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • daverock

Just to state the obvious, they are indeed fantastic records. I am half way through 5/25/72 at the moment - one that no-one really mentions. Probably because of the night after, which is a shame as it's a great show in it's own right. Curious "Good Lovin" - 14min 53 seconds, and no Pigpen rap - he just sings the opening the verses and the closing ones some 12 minutes later. In between we have spot on r'n'b jamming like no-one else.

• marye
    Fabian, send me a PM and I'll see if the Doc can shed some light here.
  • icecrmcnkd

Send a PM to Marye, she can help.

• fabianope
    Default Avatar
    Does somebody have problems with tracking number?

Hello,
    I've purchased the fantastic Lyceum LPs more than a month ago and still nothing arrived.
    I've searched for the tracking number done by the GD store on the DHL site but nothing appears.
    I've yet written to the customer helpdesk, but I'm curious if somebody encountered my same problem.
    Thanks a lot,
    Fabianope

• daverock

Excellent news ! I wonder if they will re-release other box sets in this format that originally sold out. Fillmore West 1969 is the one I sadly missed out on and would shell out for in a heartbeat.

• henryben

Since they sold out of the regular box set with all the bells and whistles, and had a huge demand, Dead.Net is selling an All Music Edition that "...only includes the 11 CDs in four folios and a booklet of liners, housed in a simple slipcase."

So, still the four shows, just without the special packaging and the unpublished book. This time, the order went through. Nothing on the website about this also being a limited release -- it's not numbered, but they don't specify if it's another set amount.

• howdydoody
    Default Avatar

will do! thank you.

• DaveStrang
    Default Avatar

You should ask on the Dave's Picks 30 thread…there's more people on there and very few if any on here…hope it helps.

• howdydoody
    Default Avatar
    I downloaded the…

Hi there,

I downloaded the ALAC of this digital download but when I import into iTunes it is not recognizing the artist or songs and not creating an album. For the same ALAC download for Pacific Northwest ’73-’74: The Complete Recordings Boxed Set it worked perfectly in iTunes. Why does this download now import correctly? Thanks if anyone knows or can help.

• marye
    they thought they were going for dead people as a marketing niche. Dead heads, dead people, I'm so confused... Anyway, they're gone for the moment.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 6 months

WHAT'S INSIDE:
Four Complete Shows on 11 discs
Four folios housed in a slipcase
5/5/77 Veterans Memorial Coliseum: New Haven, CT
5/7/77 Boston Garden: Boston, MA
5/8/77 Barton Hall, Cornell University: Ithaca, NY
5/9/77 Buffalo Memorial Auditorium: Buffalo, NY
50-page book of liners and photographs
Sourced from the Betty Cantor-Jackson soundboard recordings, transferred by Plangent Processes
Mastered in HDCD by Jeffrey Norman
Artwork by Grammy-winning graphic artist Masaki Koike
Release Date: May 5, 2017

WHAT DEAD HEADS HAVE BEEN SAYING ABOUT...

NEW HAVEN 5/5/77
"Here is a prime example of the saying ‘the whole is greater than the sum of the parts’ … It’s called synergy and the Dead wrote the book on it.”

BOSTON 5/7/77
“The music they laid down brought me places I had not been before.”

CORNELL 5/8/77
“...the single best rock performance anywhere, anytime, by anyone.”

“There was just some kind of magical connection this night between the band members and the band and the audience - some texture, or some type of cosmic or celestial force is in the room.”

"This show is, was, and always will be Mecca.”

BUFFALO 5/9/77
"...an awesome display of the Dead’s captivating power"

If you've been following this site for quite some time, then you will know we are often flush with hyperbole when it comes to our releases. We can't help it, really - for we, like you, are Grateful Dead fans above all else. Just like you, we've spent countless hours debating the merits of show over show, year over year. We've kept a watchful eye on your wish-lists and carefully considered how to make - excuse the cliché - your dreams come true. And once we've made our commitments, we are steadfast in our determination to conjure up those dreams fully-formed and nearly perfect. Sometimes these heights cannot be reached without physical and cosmic elements aligning, and that, dear friends, is why it has taken so long for us to bring you THE ONE and the epic shows that surrounded it. No need for even the slightest embellishment here, 5/8/77 Barton Hall, Cornell University: Ithaca, NY, has for decades, been THE resounding favorite; you've said it yourselves - the "holy grail" of Grateful Dead shows. Thanks to the passion and perseverance of Dead Heads like you, we are beyond pleased to finally be able to present this show and its brethren, the fabled four of Spring '77, in sonically pristine condition.

MAY 1977: GET SHOWN THE LIGHT is a collection of what is unanimously believed to be the most sought-after previously unreleased complete shows the Grateful Dead ever played. Collected, traded, and debated for decades, "the beloved Golden Trinity" of Boston, Ithaca, and Buffalo, along with their New Haven prelude, have inspired fans to "get on the bus," converted critics, and even garnered national attention (Cornell was added to the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry). But until now, you've never really heard them quite like this!

The Dead is in the details... how serendipitous is it that the notorious Betty Cantor-Jackson soundboard recordings were returned to the archive just in time for the 40th anniversaries of these shows? Lovingly sourced from these well-reputed recordings, we invite you to experience four utopian shows just like they happened, to "be inside the music" as engineer Betty Cantor-Jackson intended. Whether you listen to each night on its own or imbibe the whole lot at once, we suspect you'll hear why every note mattered. Much like we were, you will be hard-pressed to determine which of these fine documents - will it be the understated but nuanced New Haven, Boston's festive fantasy vibes, the monumental catharsis of Ithaca, or Buffalo’s dreamy exuberance - is truly "the best." Does it really matter? We think not.

user picture

Member for

13 years 2 months

My first batch-the stuff that got me hooked for life back in 83-included Paris 74, syracuse 76, 5/2/70, the 9/3/77 FM tape, 5/23/82, some mislabelled 68, and a Dylan gaslight tape. That got the ball rolling, and 34 years later I treasure those as much as any of my DaPs or Dicks.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 6 months

I mentioned the swing auditorium last night in a post. looks like today is the 40th anniversary of the show. both mickey and jerrys facebook site mention that show today. classic and cool. i listened to the terrapin from jerrys site. what a killer rendition. like to hear the rest of the show in context again someday. i think because they leaked this today might be a future release. hopefully the 3rd in the daves series this year. check it out on jerry or mickeys facebook site.

Member for

16 years 10 months

Sorry, TDK. Some early tapes: Greek 7/13/84 & 6/16/85 (2nd sets), Madison 10/11/83 (2nd), 4/08/85 (1st set), Merriweather 6/21/83 (1st) & 6/27/84 (2nd), Cuyahoga Falls 6/29/84 (1st), Augusta 10/12/84 (2nd), and some 70s, Dane County 2/15/73 (2nd), Palo Alto 2/09/73 (2nd), one of the Fillmore '71 sets with Second That Emotion & "Lied and Cheated" ; ), one of the Europe '72 1st sets with Black-Throated & Chinatown Shuffle, Lyceum 5/26/72 (2nd) Then 3/01/69 & 5/08/77 when those soundboards started making the rounds. Horrible quality Wrecking Crew as filler. And, of course, samplings from the latest tour, or the shows we just saw as soon as we could get our hands on the tapes.... The best was coming out of a show and some taper already blasting it in the parking lot.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 2 months

A group of six were fortunate enough to see the last three shows in the box set. The Buffalo show was a 'lets go' after the Cornell show. Mother's Day weekend, it snowed in Ithaca Saturday night. I recall Phil taking over the Buffalo show. It was a great week, but their were others that year. Albuquerque in October, Englishtown in Septemnber, William and Mary, and breakfast at Winterland on NYE. There certainly were others to remember, but those come quickly to mind. I would like to mention May 1980, at RecHall, Penn State. A show I never felt got enough credit.
user picture

Member for

16 years 9 months

Actually, because I got bitten by the Deadbug late, my first tapes were CDRs. It was a Blanks and Postage from a kind soul who knew just how to get me into it: I said, pick whatever you think is best. I sent him some Mitsui Silvers and he sent back: 2/26/77 5/4/77 11/17/73 That sure did it! Happy Swing Day everyone. Also 2/26 is my birthday, whaddya know.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 6 months

Well that has been fun. Trying to buy this set from Australia. After nearly four hours to get a confirmed order, my order gets cancelled with the advice coming in a very dodgy email that looked like spam and didn't even contain the order information. The email advised that the credit card wasn't accepted but my bank at this end told me that there had been two attempts for slightly different amounts which were okay at this end but failed at the vendor end.My guess is that the ordering stuff up caused too many to be confirmed and some just had to be bounced rather than admit they rigged it up. No reply as yet to my enquiry so we will see what we will see. Some other purchasers from this part of the world have their order still processing. It is also a bit rude to take the money about 3 months before shipping.
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

nestamon sez:Jerry and Phil sitting on a park bench as old men getting stoned reminiscing 'bout their old band and the days at the Filmore/Pigpen etc. That's the Congress of Wonders' "Pigeon Park". link: http://www.thecongressofwonders.com/ See #18 in playlist at top.
user picture

Member for

15 years

First show of 77 today, 2/26. Me and my buddy decided last year that we would try to play This Day in History for every 77 show this year--it being the 40th anniv and all. The new box set is icing for that.Anybody else want in on this action? Happy to have a place to talk about it, too
user picture

Member for

10 years 5 months

I too am taking this task of listening to every 1977 show on the day it was performed throughout the whole year for the 40th anniversary. I did the same for the Europe 72 tour back in 2012 and it was awesome! Also the spring 1990 tour back in 2015 for the 25th anniversary. Looking forward it! Today was a great! Only 2 shows I'm missing from the soundboard are 4/25 and 6/4. Have everything else. Good luck and play them LOUD!!!!
user picture

Member for

15 years

Great to hear you're also playing 77 through the year. Archive had a soundboard of 4/25, too.Today's show was real solid--not only the different first Terrapin, but Slipknot is super good, as is Sugaree.
user picture

Member for

15 years

I was just listening on the archives, there were like 20 versions of Barton Hall, Hunter Seamons does a great matrix but I still like the Betty version, it is the oldest and does not have a lot of post production , but I still like her version best. Can't wait to hear the finished set.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

You obviously have an ear for quality.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

WTF. I just noticed my bank account was $145.97 heavier than it was a week ago. No sign of credits in history but Dead/Rhino charges and Warner authorization are gone. Checked Dead net and no order in My account? I have the printed order confirmation in my hand. Can I get an explanation? Will I be charged again when it ships? Did you guys cancel the order and it is not shipping in May. What Gives? Seems sketchy.
user picture

Member for

7 years 5 months

I think they put a hold on your cash to make sure that you are good for it. They then charge you for real around the ship date.
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

So it is The Congress of Wonders doing Pigeon Park! Crisp and clear. Thank You. I will check out the rest of their work as I've never heard of them and have always been a fan of comic history. The internet never ceases to amaze. It is a great time to be an old Deadhead. Brings me right back to 1978. If I can only find my old favorite T-shirt (RX for Lemmon 714) and my joint holding Hendrix smoking stone, I'm set. YEAH I know -Ebay
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 7 months

Maybe Dr. Dave can locate and serve up a near-definitive version, which I think might be Eugene 1/22/78. The narcoleptic non-agile shuffle beat into which the Dead sank in '76 took all kick and piss out of an awesome folk-punk tune.
user picture

Member for

10 years 8 months

would be a treat if anyone of these came thru in 2017 10.29.77 ~ high power ~ Phil Zone 1.22.78 , as you mention 12.30.78 , if ya got it ? honorable mention for 11.6.77 and the sweet spot of June 1976, which has too much to mention
user picture

Member for

14 years 6 months

my card was actually charged today (which is fine, rather have it over and done with than have the holds/disappearing holds) ... but apparently they're not waiting for the Ship Date have others been charged?
user picture

Member for

10 years 5 months

4/25/77 was released on 30 Trips, I meant 4/29/77. Dave stated that now only 2 shows master tapes from 1977 are missing from the vault, 6/4/77 and he didn't mention the second one, but I suspect it is 4/29/77.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 10 months

I actually think my first tape was an 8-Track. I used to tape shows off WNEW-FM 102.7. I am sure one of the first was 9-3-77 Englishtown that was broadcast on air. Also remember having 8-13-75 on 8 Track. After that brief flirtation with 8-tracks, I went to TDK and Maxells.
user picture

Member for

16 years

I arrived too late at the dinner table to grab myself a slice of May '77's new box set. I'd be very surprised, given all of the chaos linked to ordering this gem if somebody didn't end up with an extra copy that they would be willing to sell on. If anyone ends up with a spare, please e-mail me at ianvee221261@gmail.com and we'll sort something out. I will make it worthwhile for any interested party by paying more than the amount they initially shelled out as a major thank you. Cheers and here's hoping..... Ian.
user picture

Member for

10 years 10 months

I think mine included 8/13/75 "Make Believe Ballroom", 5/16/80, 5/11/80 11/24/78, 9/3/77, 12/5/71, 10/27/79. Lotsa east coast FM broadcasts... And of course E'72 and Dead Set/Reckoning
user picture

Member for

16 years 10 months

In about a week-and-a-half, Garcia Live Vol gets released. I was at that show and can attest to it being a "must have". The Grateful Dead might take you on a journey, but at this show, Jerry will take you to church. The First Church of Jerry.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 9 months

Customer service said this morning that they check and charge to see if you have the $ in account, then give it back and will charge account when it ships in May. They said the order is still active even though I cannot see it? We will see?

Member for

16 years 10 months

This one graces alot of best-o'-the-year lists, but it's never knocked me out. A solid show, really well-played throughout, no glaring caveats...but doesn't leave me shouting to the rooftops. highlights ~ Might As Well/Jack Straw double opener, monster Let It Grow, nice uninterrupted Stephen with a big buildup jam, the newly-revived Black Peter Maybe I need to hear it again, it's been a long while.
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

I am so looking forward to this release. Stoked for a Reuben and Cherise - only version I have on CD is from a Robert Hunter live cd. And super psyched for this holy grail release too. Loving DaP21 as well - and taking a cue from nitecat on the other thread and going to do a little E72, 30 Trips and July 78 simultaneous adventure. Finishing up TTATS 1991, so got my Dark Star of the day homework assignment complete!
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Give it another try! I've always considered it the best show of 77.The St Stephen buildup is the closest to the early Stephens, imo. Better than 5/8 which skips over the jam. Check out the Estimated -> Eyes, a classic.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Can't believe you found that.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 6 months

Watch out folks, I have a Capital One card and my order has been recharged again 10 days after the original buy date. It fell off and then came back. So check your stuff. I was able to the get 85 dollars on my card tonight. That I had spent expecting to be re-billed close to the month of May. So my order is safe. WELL MY ORDER POSTED ON MY CREDIT CARD SO IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE GOING AFTER THEIR MONEY NOW. It is no longer pending although it pended twice before posting. Once posted it is done. If something changes I will update.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 4 months

I used PayPal for payment I used the same amexSERVE card I've been using for the last few years for ALL mail order purchases. I preordered the box set on Sunday about 8 hours before it sold out and it appears the money was taken once & never put back so I'm assuming that if you use PayPal as a form of payment it's a one and done deal, you pay once and that's it, I used PayPal for the Daves Picks subscription and it worked well so I'll use it anytime dead.net uses it as an alternative form of payment. DP23 why not 5/18/77!!! Why not with that '77 vibe.
user picture

Member for

13 years 7 months

my cornell box charge was 'pending' since day 1. this morning the charge is now finally 'posted' real in my account. just an FYI....and my order says 'processing' when i log into the 'order status' in the upper right hand corner.
user picture

Member for

9 years 9 months

It looks like my card was finally charged. Showed up as "pending" twice (for a little while I had two "pending" charges) but it looks like it posted. Looks like it posted for a few people. Order shows as "processing" at Rhino.
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

My card was formally charged this morning. No more pending charge. All other charges have fallen off in the past and then shown up when the release was mailed but I guess they decided to change that. Oh well more '77 listening for me, heading over to 10/29/77 for the second set today. Thanks for the reminder about how fantastic this show is. New soundboard lineage matrix copy up as of December 2016 as well with only 637 listens.
user picture

Member for

10 years 3 months

I saw all the concerning posts about cancelled boxes, and called customer service this morning, after seeing the pending charge again in my bank account. They told me: For all orders, we place a hold on your credit card for the amount of the item or order to make sure that funds are available. These can look like multiple transactions, and most banks require that these holds be released every seven days, so each week until the release date of your item, we release this hold and place a new one. These are not charges as they are not deducted from your account balance - you will only be fully charged once your item ships. Please note that sometimes it make take an extra day for the hold to be released, so the holds may overlap. Hope this helps! Cheers, So, these are still holds, not an actual charge. I asked the representative in my phone call if they could just charge me now, and told her of my concerns, and that was my emailed response. I really would rather they just charge me for it right now and be done with it, as I have the funds now, and can't peer into the future and know I won't be hospitalized or something before May 5.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 6 months

My order charge has posted on my card not pending. I have never seen a posted charge go backwards only pending. So I am sure my order is done. I will know for sure in a week or two.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years 6 months

Don't know if anyone caught this report from the Dead Caucus on Jesse Jarnow's Twitter feed. dead caucus listening session begins with @davidgans dropping garcia's unheard "eyes of the world" demo, garcia on guitar/keys/drum machine. https://twitter.com/bourgwick/status/832997133955403777 demo via unmarked reel recently discovered by mountain girl containing sketches for the '73 songs, release hopefully TBD. pretty magical. https://twitter.com/bourgwick/status/832997621790711808 and now the quite realized demo for "here comes sunshine", featuring tons of overdubs, garcia jamming with himself on multiple instruments. https://twitter.com/bourgwick/status/832999696809418753 Sounds amazing!
user picture

Member for

10 years 3 months

My charge showed the exact same way last week, as it did today, and the email I got specifically states that they will be placing these holds on a weekly basis. I wouldn't put my hopes into the completed order basket just yet. Perhaps if we all bitch and complain enough, they will actually process our cards, and we can all go back breathing regularly, and not worrying about whether our box will come the first week of May.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 6 months

two months now to wait
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 1 month

Just an fyi to the people here, I had my temp/pending charge drop off last Thursday and a permanent charge show up yesterday in my posted transactions. Glad they did so I can put this charge in the past and just wait for the box set to arrive. I know this is not how their sales have been handled in the past, and be wary of the faq's since they have changed to warner bros, which may be irrelevant because rhino handled most of these preorders directly due to the site crashing. not trying to dash anybodys hopes of grabbing a limited edition set from a guy/gal who has an order canceled due to insufficient funds. Just reporting my experience.
user picture

Member for

12 years 10 months

Me too. Glad to see it come through and confirm my purchase. I don't fully understand what all the hubbub was about, but I see it as an unfortunate side-effect of the change from Music Today to Rhino. In the long run, it could be a good thing, hope all that ordered get the numbered box they asked for.
user picture

Member for

14 years 7 months

Nobody has mentioned downloads. That's what I'm really waiting for. It really saves space. And money. I have no problem keeping this stuff digitally.
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

Hey folks! So glad this box is finally a reality and super happy that I got my order in while it was still limited. This plus Dave's 22 are going to have me happy as crap for a while. All those other '77 shows being talked about down the thread... I think 2/26/77 would be a nice official release sometime in the near future. Other than that, maybe some more of those fall shows. But I'll always take ANY Spring '77 they want to put out.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 6 months

I've perused this board for awhile but am only recently chiming in. I was born in '77 so obviously never got to see them that year but I certainly do have an affinity for that year in GD history. Perhaps more than any other. I think for me the reason is bc I was raised on "arena rock" and embarrassing as it may sound I have that in my blood and so I love the BIG FAT GD sound of '77 and the Rock of Sampson, Minglewood, Half-Step, etc, the great return of St. Stephen and the amazing Scarlet>Fires and Not Fade Aways! (among every other song) Two questions for everyone on this rainy Wednesday: What is your favorite show from '77? I hear many folks say that Cornell is NOT their favorite. What is your favorite SONG performance from '77? Thanks and cheers~
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

13 years 2 months

Those are great questions and not easy to answer. Regarding favorite show of 77, it depends, I love the trifecta of 7/7,8,9/77, 3 shows back to back played exceptionally well. I prefer the 7/9 and 7/7 performances over Ithaca, just my opinion....all were amazing. For favorite performance of a song, NFA jam from 9/3/77 is my go to....it's long, it's trippy, it rocks, but the Sugaree from Atlanta 5/19/77 is memorable as well...hell, I can't think of a bad 1977 show....
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/boxed-sets/may-1977-get-shown-the-light-all-music-edition-1.html