• 1,823 replies
    heatherlew
    Default Avatar
    RFK Stadium 1989 Box

LESS THAN 5000 LEFT

The Grateful Dead battled the elements in July 1989, enduring drenching rains and stifling humidity during back-to-back shows at Robert F. Kennedy Stadium in the nation’s capital. In spite of the bleak weather, the band thrilled the massive crowds both nights with triumphant performances that rank among the very best of a busy year that included 74 shows and the release of the group’s final studio album, BUILT TO LAST.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY STADIUM, WASHINGTON, D.C., JULY 12 & 13, 1989 includes two previously unreleased concerts taken from the band’s master 24-track analog recordings, which have been mixed by Jeffrey Norman at TRI Studios and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser. The collection’s colorful slip case features original artwork by Justin Helton and a perfect-bound book with in-depth liner notes written by Dean Budnick, editor-in-chief of Relix magazine. The set will also be available as a digital download in Apple Lossless and FLAC 192/24.

When Jerry Garcia, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, Brent Mydland, and Bob Weir rolled into D.C. in July 1989 for the Dead’s two-night stand at RFK, the band hit the stage running with a stellar rendition of “Touch Of Grey,” the group’s biggest hit from its only Top 10 album In The Dark, which was released in 1987. The following night, the band returned to its double-platinum commercial breakthrough when it opened the show with a fiery version of “Hell In A Bucket.”

“RFK Stadium '89 fell right in the middle of one of the best tours of the last 15 years of Grateful Dead performances, with these shows being the sixth and seventh of an 11-show tour. This tour is widely considered the start of a nine month period of sustained excellence, which ran from Summer '89 through Spring '90. The RFK shows are as good as any of the more famous shows from this period, including July 4 in Buffalo, July 7 in Philadelphia, and the Alpine run,” says David Lemieux, Grateful Dead archivist and the set’s producer. “When Bob Weir has asked me to provide copies of Grateful Dead songs to give to his bandmates to learn and rehearse, he almost always requests Summer '89, and I've often drawn upon the RFK shows for this purpose. It's really that good!”

Both shows feature standout moments, but the July 12 show is notable for a few reasons. Perhaps the biggest is that the first set featured at least one song sung by each of the band’s four lead singers – Garcia, Weir, Lesh and Mydland – something that rarely happened. Another surprise came when the band opened the second set with “Sugaree,” a song that almost always appeared during the first set.

Pianist Bruce Hornsby — who briefly joined the band between 1990 and 1992 — is featured on both shows. He played accordion during “Sugaree” and “Man Smart (Woman Smarter),” with a touch of keyboard-tinkling, on July 12, and then played more accordion the following night for “Tennessee Jed” and “Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again.”

For fans of Mydland’s tenure with the Dead – which began in 1979 and ended in 1990 with the keyboardist’s tragic death – these stellar shows capture that incarnation in peak form. Among the long list of highlights are performances of live staples such as “Eyes Of The World,” “Wharf Rat” and “I Need A Miracle,” along with rarities like “To Lay Me Down,” which was played only a few times in 1989. The July 13 show also features the band road-testing “I Will Take You Home,” a track Mydland wrote with Dead lyricist John Perry Barlow that would appear later that fall on Built To Last.

Comments

sort by
Recent
Reset
  • schumertour

Hey noww i placed my order for the RFK 89 set on Saturday Nov 21 and received confirmation that it will ship with Ups (tracking # provided) today Wednesday Nov 25 2020. I was reluctant to order considering the comments about delays in receiving the goods, glad it seems they’re on it now. Nothin left to do but smile smile smile!!!!! Can’t wait to fire up and crack that baby open to relive the moments missed.

• InfiniteJest

Is this 100% still in stock?

• DaveStrang
    Default Avatar

Try contacting Marye at the 'Got Issues With Your Store Order' forum; it's further down on the topics page. She might be able to help as she has in the past. I can understand your frustration. Also, remember the mail has been slooowed down. Good luck.

• Thetentman

This service is the worst. So slow and unhelpful.

• Thetentman

I ordered this in Feb 2020. It is now the last day of August 2020 and I am still waiting. Last week they notified me it was in stock. 2 days later they said it shipped. Except the Tracking number they provided does not work. They have not replied to 2 requests for info. My Dave's Picks subscription takes 3-4 weeks to arrive. So I guess I will start looking at the end of September. BTW when I ordered it never mentioned that it was not in stock. It is too bad that the DEAD trust this Mickey Mouse operation. We deserve better. FYI there are many choices and bootlegs on Amazon with MUCH better service. Caveat Emptor.

• That Mike

Sorry to say, but the problem is Dead.net itself. They take your money, and you are your own. No response to e-mail requests to Customer Nonservice, and phone calls promise to “escalate” your very important message to the Warehouse, which is double talk for “We will pitch your request in the garbage”. Too bad - a musical legend, that produces the sonic masterpieces it does, and it leaves Shipping and Customer Service in the hands of the Keystone Kops.

I wish you well, but welcome to the Matrix.

• StevePaulos
    Default Avatar

Ordered on 6/4/2020. What’s the hold up?

• Thetentman

I ordered in May. It is on backorder. No one can tell me when it is due back in stock. Love the Dead But they leave a lot to be desired with their merchandising arm. How hard is it to put a banner across the web page with the product status?

• truckineric

My order for RFK 89 is still in pending mode. I ordered on 12-22. Is it sold out? I hope not because I need more 1989 in my life :)

• truckineric

Is this sold out? I purchased on 12-22. My order is still pending. Please help.

user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 7 months

RFK Stadium 1989 Box

LESS THAN 5000 LEFT

The Grateful Dead battled the elements in July 1989, enduring drenching rains and stifling humidity during back-to-back shows at Robert F. Kennedy Stadium in the nation’s capital. In spite of the bleak weather, the band thrilled the massive crowds both nights with triumphant performances that rank among the very best of a busy year that included 74 shows and the release of the group’s final studio album, BUILT TO LAST.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY STADIUM, WASHINGTON, D.C., JULY 12 & 13, 1989 includes two previously unreleased concerts taken from the band’s master 24-track analog recordings, which have been mixed by Jeffrey Norman at TRI Studios and mastered in HDCD by David Glasser. The collection’s colorful slip case features original artwork by Justin Helton and a perfect-bound book with in-depth liner notes written by Dean Budnick, editor-in-chief of Relix magazine. The set will also be available as a digital download in Apple Lossless and FLAC 192/24.

When Jerry Garcia, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Phil Lesh, Brent Mydland, and Bob Weir rolled into D.C. in July 1989 for the Dead’s two-night stand at RFK, the band hit the stage running with a stellar rendition of “Touch Of Grey,” the group’s biggest hit from its only Top 10 album In The Dark, which was released in 1987. The following night, the band returned to its double-platinum commercial breakthrough when it opened the show with a fiery version of “Hell In A Bucket.”

“RFK Stadium '89 fell right in the middle of one of the best tours of the last 15 years of Grateful Dead performances, with these shows being the sixth and seventh of an 11-show tour. This tour is widely considered the start of a nine month period of sustained excellence, which ran from Summer '89 through Spring '90. The RFK shows are as good as any of the more famous shows from this period, including July 4 in Buffalo, July 7 in Philadelphia, and the Alpine run,” says David Lemieux, Grateful Dead archivist and the set’s producer. “When Bob Weir has asked me to provide copies of Grateful Dead songs to give to his bandmates to learn and rehearse, he almost always requests Summer '89, and I've often drawn upon the RFK shows for this purpose. It's really that good!”

Both shows feature standout moments, but the July 12 show is notable for a few reasons. Perhaps the biggest is that the first set featured at least one song sung by each of the band’s four lead singers – Garcia, Weir, Lesh and Mydland – something that rarely happened. Another surprise came when the band opened the second set with “Sugaree,” a song that almost always appeared during the first set.

Pianist Bruce Hornsby — who briefly joined the band between 1990 and 1992 — is featured on both shows. He played accordion during “Sugaree” and “Man Smart (Woman Smarter),” with a touch of keyboard-tinkling, on July 12, and then played more accordion the following night for “Tennessee Jed” and “Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again.”

For fans of Mydland’s tenure with the Dead – which began in 1979 and ended in 1990 with the keyboardist’s tragic death – these stellar shows capture that incarnation in peak form. Among the long list of highlights are performances of live staples such as “Eyes Of The World,” “Wharf Rat” and “I Need A Miracle,” along with rarities like “To Lay Me Down,” which was played only a few times in 1989. The July 13 show also features the band road-testing “I Will Take You Home,” a track Mydland wrote with Dead lyricist John Perry Barlow that would appear later that fall on Built To Last.

user picture

Member for

15 years 1 month

Not to complain about the release, really, but I'm having a hard time understanding why there isn't a DVD included in the box.The money has already been spent on all the production and fixing up of the video. I realize there's additional cost in printing the DVDs, but seems like the heavy lifting of editing is already done. I'd have happily paid 10-15$ more to have DVD included. This really goes for all the Meet Up at the Movies--why not release them after their 1 night theater showing? I really enjoy playing shows on DVD, my kids are pretty interested and the visual definitely adds for me, too. Cheers all
user picture

Member for

6 years 8 months

as always another gem thanx alot dave love ya brother
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

Everyone enjoy, I am difficult to shop for so I am letting my wife give me it for Christmas.... 45 more days!!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

10 years 9 months

No flimsy slipcases. They didn't spare expense on the set.
user picture

Member for

13 years 6 months

Half way done making my listening CD copies. The originals won't get touched again until another set is needed. Purchased 2 and they were over 4000 units apart in numbered editions?
user picture

Member for

15 years 3 months

89 summer tour was a blast!
user picture

Member for

15 years 4 months

But need to rip after I mow...
user picture

Member for

8 years 8 months

Just put on the July 12th show and it sounds great so far. Glad I picked this up, sounds fantastic, really hitting the spot at the moment.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years

Arrived today. I know it's about the music but the posting of a 25$ iTunes purchase or this box is a smack in the face of us buy everything folks. I hate being a little disappointed with the box construction. I think with this release with the 25$ iTunes thing the PTB should have released this like recently released 6 disc Phish boxes with the addition of a box. I just think there was a way for us to save 40$ unless it took more time to master the run. I've read a lot of posts about the difficulty of 80's shows in general. Disc 1 is incredible with the sound mix. Like I said it's about the music and it's liquid gold, and I'm blown away. Quality on this so far is great. I know I vented but I'm so glad I paid my dues on this one because the music quality is worth the price of admission. On Another Note: To SpaceBro and all the 80's fighters thank you for your service. Your fight brought us this great music in supreme awesomeness. Sorry about being a asshole on this. Please don't beat me up for it. DO
user picture

Member for

8 years 10 months

Been busy today, and honestly not expecting till Monday. Then I hear it land on the front porch. Makes my weekend!!! Thanks to all involved. Again I say, it is a good work, nay, a great work! G
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 11 months

box set arrived today, will be spinning it later tonight, Happy Veterans Day to all!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

11 years

Well it looks like it's been pulled. I wonder why? congrats on the Heads that got it locked in for 25$. This is beautiful. Half way through disc 1 now. I'm happy
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

8 years 4 months

Itunes and HDtracks may have pulled it but 7digital still has the tracks. In fact, they have each format too: MP3, FLAC, & HD-FLAC. I suppose they haven't gotten the message to pull the files yet...? It doesn't matter for me since the box arrived here and I'm just about to finish a spin of Disc 1. I'm not a huge fan of the 80s or 90s but the 24 track recorded shows definitely sound good. And that's probably what brings me back to this era. It's a nice break from the 70s material/sound. Despite my lack of excitement for it when I placed the order in August, I welcome this set with open arms. I also dig the artwork and digipacks.
user picture

Member for

16 years 6 months

It finally arrived after being mis-delivered to the wrong address. It took about three hours of dealing with UPS who even tried to put if off on dead.net. Finally I was able to get a hold of a local supervisor who tracked it down and had the new driver go back and pick it up.
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

shirdeep , I got that tee Where is the Joker ?!! artwork for this release is awful. Sorry
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years

They finally post a link for FLAC-HD downloads and after retrieving, the 24/192 files are 24/44.1.....After the fiasco with GSTL digital downloads, to have this occur......totally speechless
user picture

Member for

8 years 11 months

And it has been ripped without error. WooHoo I like this box, they should all be like this for 2 and 3 show runs. It fits on my CD shelf, that in it self hasn't happened since the Winterland Boxes or Fillmore West 69. the Digipaks came with the disks securely in place, but not so tight as to crack the CD when trying to remove it. Most of the book is readable with my reading glasses on and only a couple pages need the magnifying glass. The recordings are clear and detailed, Tiger's tone shines through and the mix is almost 3D in it's depth. I hope the rest of the summer tour comes out in similar boxes so they can all go next to each other on the shelf. That would be really cool. Because for me on the shelf is where this will stay, probably the worst 2 day set list of the 89 summer tour. This is only a Must have been the Roses and a China Doll away from Rhino having to put a suicide side effect warning label on the box. Dirge after Dirge and neither show is interesting until halfway into the 2nd set, with the Drums being the best part of the show with Jerry on the midi Strat for the Space before switching back to Tiger. Great Job on the release, nice package, spectacular recording and production, this is a good path to follow for future releases with better shows.
user picture

Member for

6 years 6 months

I was bit by the same bait-and-switch too. The FLAC link disappeared for a few minutes but is back now. I still want what I paid for or a refund.
user picture

Member for

15 years

Hasn't this been for sale for awhile? There were only 15,000 copies to begin with, and there are 5,000 copies left? That doesn't make sense. I guess since they are shipping now, they will sell a lot quicker, plus they are a multi track mix too. I'm surprised Amazon does not have any to sell, they probably will by this weekend. Wonder how long they will take to sell the remaining 5,000? This weekend, a week. Enjoy the weekend !!Guit30
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years

Just tried downloading again and now I am getting the correct fileset for 24/192 FLAC-HD. Quick resolution as opposed to the last time around, definitely appreciate that. :-)
user picture

Member for

7 years 3 months

Being a 70s head I wasn't elated for this release but just kind of looking forward to it. I am very impressed... as others have said it's an attractive, sturdy little set. The sound to my ears is fantastic... Jer's got lots of that late-era dirt on some of his lines. Brent and the drummers sound wonderful... that bass is even not too boomy for once, mixed right in the pocket. Glad, glad, glad - thank you Rhino! I'm going to keep an even-opener mind now toward later-era releases. If some are burnt out on the set lists, sorry. I think they're a terrific blend of eras. Yay! Happy weekend all. \m/
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

2 thumbs up to the packaging.And the print in the booklet is big enough for me to read. Will work through it this weekend, sounds great so far. But still, how about some video?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 8 months

As someone who did a lot of this tour (Giants, Alpine, Foxborro, Deer Creek) I was a tad disappointed at the choice, as I think the RRK shows might be the weakest in the tour. However, it was an excellent tour. The Spring '90 upswing started in the Spring of '89. Summer '89, Fall '89, and Spring '90 were pretty consistently awesome. Sound quality is off the charts. Only through first night FOTD, with a smile on my face and a glow in my soul. EDIT: And the packaging is fine (for once). It kept the CDs from moving all over the place & getting scratched (Get Shown the Light) and the CDs themselves don't look like someone spilled goo all over the back of them (30 Trips x2). And it actually fits in a CD storage rack & isn't a wallet CD holder (Road Trips). What took so long? Finally, a release (non-Dicks/Daves) that I don't have to swap into other cases to make work or preserve.
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

A lot of people said that before this was released.But as several people also said, the whole tour smoked. 7-17-89 was my second show and I bought it on VHS as soon as it was released, and later got it on DVD. I’ve watched it so many times that I don’t even reach for it anymore. So, these shows are new to me and I’ll listen to them many times. How about a Tinley Park ‘90 Box?
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 8 months

Disc 1: Touch, Minglewood, Half Step, Tom Thumb's, Far From Me, Cassidy, FOTD, Promised Land. The only thing remotely dirge-y is FOTD and it is delightful. Maybe Cassidy.
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 8 months

Perhaps a DVD box will come out of summer '89. Downhill had most of 7/17. Another night of Alpine & Foxboro have been on Meet Up at the Movies. Crimson, White & Indigo & Truckin' to Buffalo are out already. Perhaps like a 9 DVD set: All 3 Alpines in full, Foxboro, 2 nights of Giants, 2 RFK, Deer Creek.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

....dog has not been fed in years. #01561 is in my house. Only through Minglewood, scat Brent and all. Sounds inpeccable. I too, love the packaging, but I like the other ones as well. Variety is the spice of life. Gonna crank this for thirty minutes, then it's off to see the Vegas Golden Knights kick some Winnipeg Jet ass. #Vegasstrong....Edit. Two minor quibbles. The Grateful Dead wording on the the cover should have been embossed. And second, Nadine P. Winter can kiss our collective asses. (pg 5)....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 9 months

Wait, what? When this thing was announced there was NOT any mention of it being limited edition. Someone confirm me on that.
user picture

Member for

16 years 3 months

Thank you for the scans!
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

....damn Brent! Going all rated R on us. Don't hold back any punches or anything....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

9 years 7 months

These old eyes would appreciate all of the CD cover pressings to be completely different so I could easily tell them apart. Another item that would help would be a large number shown to be more legible for the same reason. JFK is the hardest to read yet. Thanks a lot! -- WharfMark
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

#6354 has touched down here in Chicago. Currently disc 1 of 8 of the new Bob Dylan box is spinning. I don't think i'll get to this one tonight, but i sure am glad its here. Between this, Dave's 24 and the Dylan box its going to be a great November. Thanks Dave and Co!
user picture

Member for

8 years 7 months

You are correct, the ‘limited’ factor wasn’t announced until later.But it’s been known for months.....
user picture

Member for

9 years 6 months

The packaging and presentation on this one is top-notch. I like the old-school style CD holders. And they're the same size as CDs as others have mentioned, and can sit on the shelf with their historical CD companions. The artwork is colorful; the use of the Respected Presidents, playfully interesting. I especially love the tie-dyed background and the reminder of the old stadium on the cover. And here's A Rose. I do applaud the excellence of the recording quality. Everyone is clear and even; it does remind me a lot of the Spring 1990 boxes, that sound in general. Appropriately so. There are some fine moments in that Half-Step, and I always look forward to what Cassidy offers. The Sugaree had some interesting moments as well, Bruce was recognizable. Admittedly I have to go back and relisten especially to that because I remember sort of shaking my head at one moment having felt lost but still present in a familiar place and wondering what the heck just happened. I digress. I always love an estimated > eyes specially when it sounds so clear and playful nuances can be discerned. I also offer the second night has a hot Bucket (Jerry bends some monumental, nasty notes) and a solid Cold Rain and Snow opener. I still need to peruse and investigate the rest of the second show but so far it's a solid effort. I will say that I could understand other viewpoints concerning song selection considering the otherwise vast ripeness of the 1989 catalog. There are some fantastic set arrangements and interesting song placements all over the place in '89. Plus the playing was solid and just starting to use the new midi technology which added myriad new flavors and the twists; it became a more interesting and unpredictable ride. I do get it wasn't / isn't for everyone; I've always considered it a part of Who They Are As an aside but perhaps relevant, I'd love to see more of this year released, or other runs especially in this fashion: compatible, sturdy, attractive box sets with interesting artwork and fantastic sounding music. Little runs and bunches, across eras. Sixtus
user picture

Member for

7 years 3 months

So - I have 3 downloads left - not sure how many I had to begin with, but at this rate i'll need about 100,000 if I manage to get lucky and download more than 11% before it craps out. Please remind me, is it 1997 ? Or is trying to download a 12 gig file with internet explorer and no download manager like trying to load 40,000 cases of Budweiser in the back of an AMC Pacer ? FTP - which predates the internet - is a better option. I suppose they did want to use that as it was too technologically advanced for them. When I am at zero downloads left and nothing but large quantities of wasted bandwidth, I expect my money back. HD Tracks - which got a take down notice - is an actual - functioning - music website designed to deliver high resolution music, not expensive frustration. I could see why that kind of thing had to be stopped.
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

Ordered this on release day, and paid for expedited shipping so I would get it on release day. Was shipped 2nd day air via UPS, and up to 6:00 PM today shipping was on time for end of day. Called UPS at 7 as there was still no package, was told would not get today but rather tomorrow. Then got another email saying delivery would now not happen until Monday, 5 days after shipping. The reason I am not getting it tomorrow now will s because I did not pay for Saturday delivery, but the reason I did not get it today was because it was mis-sorted at UPS, and they admitted fault but they still did not think they should deliver tomorrow. I asked about refund for the cost of shipping, they said they could refund the shipper and I would of need to get a refund from them. UPS customer service very poor. Just saying.
user picture

Member for

13 years

..Holy Shit! This sounds AMAZING! Great release! Keep em' coming! Peace
user picture

Member for

6 years 6 months

The 192/24 download has been corrected! Once the web page had them offered again, another download via the email link did the trick. Oh, it sounds great too! Good job on the rapid remedy.
user picture

Member for

8 years 9 months

I’m sorry that anyone is having a hard time getting this box set . I have to say these shows are heaven ,my god these shows where great in 1989 , it was so humid,physically horrible, but mind blowing musically. Which today these disks affirm ,what my friends and I always knew . If you didn’t buy these disks stop reading this , run to what ever medium you use to purchase music from Dead.net , don’t even think about it , in my. Humble opinion if you liked spring 90 , one1, and , too. Your missing out , I can’t believe these are not SOLD OUT ! If I knew someone who didn’t buy this I would buy it for them . It’s about the music forget about all the bullshit , buy the disks work out the downloads later , but of course if you don’t have a HDCD player and all you have is a downloadable system and headphones Or the like I apologize t don’t mean to be arrogant lm just trying to let you know this is worth paying for don’t miss out , l almost did , l thought I was there , I hadn’t known how good the show was , I was wrong , Again . Thanks again , all who worked so hard to bring this to our attention . I want everyone to know there are so many of us who really appreciate the work that you all do to bring us this excellent music . And you all should appreciate how lucky you are to have a job that makes so many , so Happy , I hope the best for all Customers and employees of our little family . ☮️❤️
user picture

Member for

16 years 11 months

....Jets/Thrashers crashed and burned. Now, onto 7.12.89 set two....
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

12 years 4 months

I haven't been so excited since Spring 1990 came out. This is awesome!!!
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

16 years 6 months

I saw these posts yesterday and checked my foyer before i went to bed and there it was!
user picture

Member for

10 years 9 months

Smoking a bowl last night and UPS comes screaming down the street. This guy haha must be an expert , or maybe he smells the kush, he arrived just as "Morning Dew" was finishing up. Jam of the Week ~ 10.18.72 "I guess it doesn't matter anyway" Hey Vguy72 , Columbus Blue Jackets are gunning for your Knights haha. I'm not really a CBJ fan but hockey is really cool. RFK maybe not the best shows from tour , but they did already release Buffalo, Philadelphia, portions of Alpine Valley, and track or two from Giants Stadium. Plus this RFK run had some material that didn't circulate. It has a special guest and would be evidence for Rhino sales team that a RFK show with special guest show can sell, hint RFK 1973 coming after they collect $$. Also the last time GD was at venue it was a nightmare for some, July 1986 In regard to box set package and size, the outer case is great. But the individual cases with GW and Honest Abe are awful !!!! Copy and paste art in general. Yuck. What happened to hand drawn original art ? Road Trips Cover from Philly Spectrum 4.6.82. That is prime example Dead President cover art http://www.dead.net/store/1980s/road-trips-vol-4-no-4-spectrum-4682-cd-…
user picture
Default Avatar

Member for

7 years 5 months

I must have missed that one. But the point is valid. I would have preferred original artwork. Amazing sound quality though. So, well done!
user picture

Member for

6 years 10 months

Recieved my box well after dark last night. Not even through disc 1 yet. However, i would like to digress. Has anyone ever noticed that in the booklet for Road Trips 2.2, there is a story of Bob writing the 2nd verse of The Other One while on the Northwest tour of Jan. '68, but if you listen to the Nov. '67 show from TTATS box, it is the 1st verse that is different, not the 2nd. I point this out not to call Bob Weir a liar, just that i am fascinated by the human memory and it's ability to "misremember" things. If you have ever watched the Beatles Anthology documentary, you can see how all 3 guys have different memories of the same events. Now, i know there are a handful of freak-a-zoids who remember EVERYTHING from their past, including dates and day of the week (see 60 minutes episode), but for the rest of us, this is what we deal with. Hell, i can't even remember yesterday sometimes (I blame the '70's & '80's!!). OK, with that said, I can get back to RFK '89. "Now back to your regularly scheduled programming".
product sku
Product Magento URL
https://store.dead.net/music/rfk-stadium-1989.html